Ronaldinho

Rick James

Announced he's leaving Atletico Mineiro but definitely not retiring. Expected to announce new club tomorrow.

Do a job?

EDIT: in seriousness, there is a point to this. Where do people think he's off to next? MLS would be my guess. What a player he was in his prime though.

Jason Dufner

Must be the MLS. I reckon he will sign for New York City and go out on loan to Melbourne with David Villa.

jamboinglasgow

MLS would make sense, with the new clubs Orlando and New York City FC both signing up big players for next season (Kaka, Lampard and Villa) he would be a high profile player. But he seems to have given up on the hard work and has got used to partying in Brazil, so I dont think he will be a big success in MLS unless he buckles down or gets a club who can use the flair and trickery of him and have a team cover for him.

Then again I think he will move to another Brazilian club.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

I read his interview in four four two last month (I was on a plane its usually the only time I buy that when in an airport but it was actually a good anniversary edition edited by Brazilian Ronaldo and contributions of ex team mates of his) and he was pretty much set on retiring there so interesting to hear he's leaving

Still a great talent by all accounts and Brazil could have taken him in the squad for the WC they sorely lacked any midfield creativity

grantaitchie8

QPR and Stoke have been mentioned as potential destinations, although I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere except the MLS.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

He is past it- doesn't have the desire to work hard. I'd imagine he'll end up in Qatar on ridiculous money or retire.

He'd still produce the odd moment of outrageous skill though if he did play on.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hibs.net seem certain they've signed him

Almost as bad as one of your rumours!

VsVnb5sC_normal.jpegHibees Latest @HibeesLatest · 2h

BREAKING: I am being told that Ronaldinho WILL be at the open training session tomorrow and he will be announced as a Hibee tomorrow also.

I cannot believe that there are those over on deluded.net that are willing to believe anything...

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?287647-Ronaldinho

Nah the lads sources are 'spot on and have been since James Collins' and he will be at the open session tomorrow

May I remind people of when a Mr. George Best signed for the hibees...

Saw him in Morocco in December playing for Atletico Mineiro in the World Club Championship. Literally walked through the game in the semi-final when Raja Casablanca humped them. Yes, touches of magic, like some of the free-kicks, but definitely way past anywhere near his best. He was sent off for petulance in the third-place play-off against Guangzhou Evergrande. Scored in both games, though.

Tongue in cheek, or not...

I'm utterly convinced that this is going to happen. There can be no doubt that Hibs change of direction and the promised new dawn has been widely reported in the European and probably South American media.

That will certainly mean that players who wouldn't have given us the time of day before will now be looking at us as an option. Once they hear about the training centre and the tie in with Spartans I'm sure we can look forward to more positive stories like this.

If he can rediscover the form he showed with Barcelona he could with hard work become a big part of Stubbs plans for this season.

Welcome to Hibernian FC Ronaldinho thumbs%20up.gif

grantaitchie8

Tongue in cheek, or not...

Surely tongue in cheek. I hope.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

:rofl:

Signing for Hibs.

Do they really believe that? :lol:

No of course they don't.

New York Red Bulls it is.

That chat from Hibs fans whether it was a wind up or not. :rofl::cornette:

Archived