smeltic

Hearts007

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but 4 Celtic fans drove down to Walsall instead of Warsaw last night.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And St.Johnstone overturn a good Swiss side in Lucerne, if i remeber correctly ra Sellik got papped out by a Swiss side a few years back as well, so maybe Delia Smith should take a look at the history books before spouting p**h after being five mins in the country.

Did they not get papped out by Basel Faulty, you know that wee diddy team that we papped over there with a fine winner from our current style guru?

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but 4 Celtic fans drove down to Walsall instead of Warsaw last night.

Hahahaha....classic!

FC Sion knocked them out several years ago, it was only because Lennon demanded "clarufucashin" over a supposedly ineligible FC Sion player that they were allowed back in by UEFA on a technicality

Dsspite UEFA's incredibly lenient decision in favour of Celtic (a decision Sion fought until the quarter final), Celtic fans held up a banner saying "**** UEFA" after a scant warning over setting off fireworks.

givememychoice

Following on from my earlier post this is a list of the teams Celtic have knocked out in the era of the champions league. the list is split into two parts. The first part is knockout ties, the second is the group stages. Certainly the first section is not particularly impressive. the 3 teams of note are ajax (2001), Spartak Moscow (2007) and Dynamo Moscow (2009). 2 of them were by 1 goal, and the other on penalties.

1998?99 First qualifying round Republic of Ireland St Patrick's Athletic

2001?02 Third qualifying round Netherlands Ajax

2003?04 Second qualifying round Lithuania Kaunas

2003?04 Third qualifying round Hungary MTK Hung?ria

2007?08 Third qualifying round Russia Spartak Moscow

2009?10 Third qualifying round Russia Dynamo Moscow

2012?13 Third qualifying Round Finland HJK Helsinki

2012?13 Play-off round Sweden Helsingborgs IF

2013?14 Second qualifying round Northern Ireland Cliftonville

2013?14 Third qualifying round Sweden IF Elfsborg

2013?14 Play-off round Kazakhstan Shakhter Karagandy

2014-15 Second qualifying round KR Reykjavik

2006?07 Group F Denmark Copenhagen

2006?07 Portugal Benfica

2007?08 Group D Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk

2007?08 Portugal Benfica

2012?13 Group G Portugal Benfica

2012?13 Russia Spartak Moscow

Huge away support expected from what my contacts tell me. If Motherwell had got through their last round, they were expecting 3.5K for the game against Lech Poznan.

I probably would have been going to this game tonight had motherwell got through with the other halfs brother and pals. Instead looking to go to the legia game with them instead. If we can get tix

Absolutely not sitting with the mhanks

Serves motherwell right for being utterly tosh! Easiest draw of all and they cant even do it. Makes me shudder they came second last season. I reckon dundee united would have made a much more positive impression had they got into europe. Would have beaten stjarnan.

If as has been speculated, well are in financial difficulty they can look back on the loss of the income of the potential Lech Poznan game as a massive missed chance

3-4 thousand away games + at ?15'ish a pop?

Almost ?60k + polish tv rights (as face it bbc wouldnt take it)

Their loss

Looking at the goals there I thought Forster could have done a lot better on all of those

Has he chucked it?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

copycats

It was the same with that director chap we signed from Dundee. Same incorrect spelling of both his names too.

Archived