smeltic

Hearts007

If they go out at this stage, do they get a crack Thursday night Channel 5 or will there be no autumn/winter comedy shows this season???

No Safety net at this stage

If Warsaw go through to the playoff Celtic are out of Europe

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2015/draws/round=2000586/index.html

13.00CET, 8 August, Nyon

For the play-offs, the third qualifying round winners join the 15 losing sides from the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round and further teams who begin their European campaigns here.

The clubs are split into seven groups for the draw. Within the groups, an equal number of sides are seeded and unseeded in accordance with the club rankings established at the start of the season. Teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

For each group, balls containing the seeded sides are placed in one bowl and balls containing unseeded teams in another. A ball is taken from each bowl and placed in a large empty bowl in the middle, where they are shuffled. The first club drawn plays the first leg at home.

?UEFA.com 1998-2014. All rights reserved.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood

If they go out here then they go into the final qualifying round for Europa League.

A total of 62 teams play in the play-off round: 18 teams which enter in this round, the 29 winners of the third qualifying round, and the 15 losers of the 2014?15 UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.

I imagine there could be a big away support for the return leg given the size of the ex-pat Polish community in Edinburgh.

Huge away support expected from what my contacts tell me. If Motherwell had got through their last round, they were expecting 3.5K for the game against Lech Poznan.

Ricardo Quaresma

If they go out here then they go into the final qualifying round for Europa League.

No Safety net at this stage

If Warsaw go through to the playoff Celtic are out of Europe

:uhoh2:

-

-

-

-

Huge away support expected from what my contacts tell me. If Motherwell had got through their last round, they were expecting 3.5K for the game against Lech Poznan.

I recall a huge Polish crowd at Utd for a Euro tie but can't remember which team it was. Think there was up to 5000 away fans that night.

:uhoh2:

-

-

-

-

I'm right Topcat is wrong.

Losers at this stage go into qualifiers for Europa. Losers in the next round of champs league qualifiers go straight into Europa League group stage.

terrible_groaning_noise

They can't even go back to parkhead, their champions league dreams curtailed in the capital..............................shame :)

Ricardo Quaresma

Losers at this stage go into qualifiers for Europa. Losers in the next round of champs league qualifiers go straight into Europa League group stage.

Tbf, TC is rarely wrong :)

Anyhow, who can tims expect to get in E4?

Is Bert still doing the draw thing?

Riddley Walker

I didn't see the game but I very much doubt that Celtic would have a player sent off and two penalties against them if it had been a Scottish ref.

It's always funny to see the bewilderment in the Old Firm players faces when they are refereed fairly in Europe. :2thumbsup:

Aye, it's nothing to do with the fact they have better players that they always win.

Great news to come home to.

Hope they can finish if off in Edinburgh.

Celtic can do Europa League but no money in it.

gorgie rd eh11

Aye, it's nothing to do with the fact they have better players that they always win.

You're getting confused, they rarely get players sent off or booked in Scotland because they get away with murder when Scottish refs are involved. Anybody who can't see that is a celtic fan, a member of the Scottish media or a Scottish football official. :2thumbsup:

brendan21jambo

Genuinely believe Aberdeen will win the league. Mon the dons for prem title & mon the jambos for the championship.

Rudolf's Mate

As much as I hate that bunch, I'm used to them winning the league and I don't think I could swallow the sheep doing it!

We'd never ever hear the end of it!

fabienleclerq

I recall a huge Polish crowd at Utd for a Euro tie but can't remember which team it was. Think there was up to 5000 away fans that night.

Slask Wroclaw im sure it was, ran riot in the city centre iirc.

Would rather Aberdeen won the league than Celtic, anything to break the OF stranglehold which has forcefully suffocated the life out of Scottish football.

givememychoice

Ronny Deila: "But it's a problem in every small country. We maybe have one good team but the other ones are dragging that team down." "We need the biggest clubs in the Champions League, who have deserved it."

"It's very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised."

It WAS recognised. Thats why you were seeded against poor opposition.

And lets have a look at this form of yours in the champions league/european cup shall we?

Just considering champions league era, Celtic have been involved in 13 seasons.

3 times they have been put straight in to the group stages.

5 times they have qualified for the group stages.

5 times they have failed to qualify for the group stages.

They have qualified from the group stages 3 times.

24 Away group stage games has resulted in 22 losses, 1 draw and 1 victory.

They are not in the top 24 teams in terms of number of group stage appearances.

Looking at the last few years, there are certainly 24 teams that have better recent records than Celtic, so which of them should miss out so the Celtic can be guaranteed their place.

It's the Griffiths factor that makes me most pleased about them going out of Europe.

Horrible, racist wee shite.

GIRUY.

:jjyay:

this x10000000000

badword mutant

Ronny Deila: "But it's a problem in every small country. We maybe have one good team but the other ones are dragging that team down." "We need the biggest clubs in the Champions League, who have deserved it."

"It's very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised."

It WAS recognised. Thats why you were seeded against poor opposition.

And lets have a look at this form of yours in the champions league/european cup shall we?

Just considering champions league era, Celtic have been involved in 13 seasons.

3 times they have been put straight in to the group stages.

5 times they have qualified for the group stages.

5 times they have failed to qualify for the group stages.

They have qualified from the group stages 3 times.

24 Away group stage games has resulted in 22 losses, 1 draw and 1 victory.

They are not in the top 24 teams in terms of number of group stage appearances.

Looking at the last few years, there are certainly 24 teams that have better recent records than Celtic, so which of them should miss out so the Celtic can be guaranteed their place.

good post

Snake Plissken

One of many things I hate about European football.

Anyway, what a pleasing result.

:jjyay:

crichiejambos

In the long term as in the season goes on, Aberdeen would be better of with a negative result v sociedad though they will no see it that way! Concentrate on the league and not Europe,they haven't a big experienced enough squad for both! Take it to the smellies

I imagine there could be a big away support for the return leg given the size of the ex-pat Polish community in Edinburgh.

In reality there will be 2 away supports in Edinburgh next week.

I predict carnage regardless of the result as you just know that the THB cannot behave and if 4000+ Polish fans turn up then mass pagger will ensue. Murrayfield will get trashed big time, as after all it is what they do.

letsalldothebeattie

Out of Europe before they kick off the league season is going to be very pleasing!

Crowds at Darkheid are going to be very low this season with no group stage to keep them happy. Average of 15/20 thousand with Lawell claiming about 45/50 thousand inside as always

Out of Europe before they kick off the league season is going to be very pleasing!

Crowds at Darkheid are going to be very low this season with no group stage to keep them happy. Average of 15/20 thousand with Lawell claiming about 45/50 thousand inside as always

If they have sold 45-50K season tickets then the club have the money and Desmond will be happy. I would think for tax reasons they will not claim bigger crowds than they have sold seats for.

Long gone are the days when a crowd of 50K was claimed to be only 23K when the bicuit tin was around and for obvious tax reasons.

If, and it looks likely, they are out of the Champions League and they get papped in the Europa play off then crowds will be desperately poor down the East end of Glasgow.

If they do not get a game against The tribute act then I predict that they will not have a sell out croud all season.

Very early days but lets hope he turns out to be a John Barnes type appointment. Hackneyed excuses already - he'll have to come up with something better if they start losing league games.

Skivingatwork

Cue much handwringing in the SMSM about how Sevco's absence is hampering the quality of the top flight. No doubt a call from Desmond for them to be allowed to join the premiership.

scots civil war

made my day that result

i look forward to driving me van in a min,checking out zephyr faced brazil weeping on talkbollocks

made my day that result

i look forward to driving me van in a min,checking out zephyr faced brazil weeping on talkbollocks

The jungles in my work are almost greetin, it's chuffing magic.

I had a wee dig at one and his retort was "Hearts would have been beat 10-1" to which I answered "perhaps but at least we know and accept we are pish"

Another said "If there was a highland league in Edinburgh Hearts would be in it". Make of that what you will.

So we now have another 9 months of ripping them and the other arse cheek a new one at every available oportunity.

The Treasurer

All of you that are laughing at sellik's defeat just remember that it's all OUR fault.

crichiejambos

If the smelliest get howked oot next week attendances will plummet! So by end o the season the biggest crowd at darkheid will have been there to see the queen!!! That will please the locals!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Absolutely guaranteed they'll win 3-0 in the return, with the third coming after 97 minutes. They seem to do it every year. Pricks.

Absolutely guaranteed they'll win 3-0 in the return, with the third coming after 97 minutes. They seem to do it every year. Pricks.

The two penalty saves give them a chance - hope they don't.

heartsfc_fan

What's the odds on Celtic winning the tie now? Might put a cheeky tenner on it if it's worth it.

Dallas Green

Genuinely believe Aberdeen will win the league. Mon the dons for prem title & mon the jambos for the championship.

Hell no.

Anyone but them. They were bad enough winning the diddy cup.

heartsfc_fan

Won't happen. They will be 20+ behind at the end of the season.

Fort Vallance

Slask Wroclaw im sure it was, ran riot in the city centre iirc.

Did thousands of pounds worth of improvements.

GlasgowHMFC23

Has Craig Gordon played in any pre season friendlies yet?

Yeah he's played in one but can't remember who against.

manaliveits105

TAPS AFF ya feckin jakey plums GIRFUY

ballboys and kiosks in for a hard time at Murrayfield.

The Shed Floodlight

Yet Aberdeen turn over Gronnigen.

It's a funny old game, Saint!

And St.Johnstone overturn a good Swiss side in Lucerne, if i remeber correctly ra Sellik got papped out by a Swiss side a few years back as well, so maybe Delia Smith should take a look at the history books before spouting p**h after being five mins in the country.

Archived