Eilidh Child

michaeljambo22

colinmaroon

This thread was fun for a while. Now we have the easily offended spoiling it. :(

Cool bro'!!!

You give the impression that if someone keeched in your coupon, you'd just smile and lick your lips.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Diadora Van Basten

Loved everything about tonight apart from the honking five hundred miles.

Brilliant when Eilidh told the interviewer she didn't like the song.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Cool bro'!!!

You give the impression that if someone keeched in your coupon, you'd just smile and lick your lips.

:cornette:

For a man of the cloth, you seem to have a lot of anger in your life Colin. :(

Chapman and balding getting in on the 5:1 chat now. They will be seething

:pleasing:

Jambos_1874

Was at Hampden tonight and it was immense. So happy for Eilidh, she ran a very good race and she is a credit to Scotland.

Yet again, Hibs are embarassed in a very public manner!!

colinmaroon

For a man of the cloth, you seem to have a lot of anger in your life Colin. :(

First, I am not a man of the cloth - a ridiculous tag reserved those who like to wear funny clothes and pointy hats.

There's a lot to be angry about in our world today and, the "I'm too sophisticated to get angry about anything attitude" is typical of he laissez faire approach that would still have kids down the mines and, we'd still be buying cheap clothing made in sweat shops - oh, wait a minute!

Is your style cool as well?

Buffalo Bill

A most pleasing amount of 5-1 chat tonight and well done Eilidh :D

Geoff Kilpatrick

First, I am not a man of the cloth - a ridiculous tag reserved those who like to wear funny clothes and pointy hats.

There's a lot to be angry about in our world today and, the "I'm too sophisticated to get angry about anything attitude" is typical of he laissez faire approach that would still have kids down the mines and, we'd still be buying cheap clothing made in sweat shops - oh, wait a minute!

Is your style cool as well?

I'm 40 in a couple of months. I'm too old to be cool :(

Anyway, back to Eilidh.

Thunderstruck

Yasss, section of Tonight at the Games about the 5-1!

On BBC?

There's always iPlayer.

Top photoshopping there Gizmo!

Yeah Ms Balding, now an honorary Jambo, did it in two stages for extra gravitas...:D

Thought all the presenters and summarisers praised Eilidh and her efforts and they discussed the race in great detail, even after the women's 200 metres. They missed about 5 seconds of ceremony but still were talking about her and saying how she should enjoy her efforts. Radio Scotland, with Richard Gordon, Tom English and Liz McColgan were also praising her efforts. Think folk being a wee bit poverty the top complaining about the Beeb as, for once, I don't think they have concentrated on English performers. Any Scot, Welsh or Northen Irish athletes or teams who have done well have been praised and talked about.

Watch the highlight show at night and all countries have been well represented.

That's all fine and well but why no place on the show for Scotch legends such as Doogie Donnelly, Archie McPherson and Hugh "nasaly" Keevins?

I blame Westminster and that Thatcher! Doon wi ra Inglish!

davemclaren

Lewis Smith (the Swimmer who was on TV doing the 5-1 earlier in the games) just posted this on Twitter:

Just seen this. Brilliant.

....still found time, 5 minutes after winning silver, to give a wee reminder at my request to the unwashed minority down by the docks, even as the Proclaimers bashed on in the background......

Eilidh 5-1

Top lass, top athlete, top Jambo!

Nelly Terraces

Magnificent night of sporting achievement. Congratulations Eilidh.

Top work by Chappers & Baldo n'all.

Guess The Crowd

Magnificent night of sporting achievement. Congratulations Eilidh.

Top work by Chappers & Baldo n'all.

Not just saying this, but I honestly think that's been a smashing programme all the way through the Games. Tonight was the icing on the cake.

Bert Le Clos

Love this from hatethecommygames.net

"As I said to my yam mate, she was over celebrating finishing 2nd while mocking us for finishing 2nd, she seems bright"

Comparing finishing 2nd out of 2, in the biggest derby in history, to finishing 2nd in a final of 8, in a competition against athletes from all over the world?

:facepalm:

The :seething: is so :pleasing:

Honestly!

Some people just roll over and . . . .!

You seriously don't see anything wrong with the pathetic editing of the medal ceremony of the Poster Girl of the games and a 7th place nobody who, shockarooney, just happens to be English?

Paranoid much? I don't know about you but I won't be basing my decision on whether Scotland ought to be politically and economically independent on the decision to not abruptly halt a live interview that was likely taken by a Scottish production manager following normal live broadcast procedure. Aye we really suffer from being tied to the English, I mean forcing us to share the wealth of what was pretty much their Empire which built major cities, universities, schools and hospitals in Scotland and kept us involved at the forefront of world affairs and technology for centuries was a particularly unpleasant thing to do us. *******s!

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, well done Eilidh - silverware at Hampden for yet another Jambo!

Paranoid much? I don't know about you but I won't be basing my decision on whether Scotland ought to be politically and economically independent on the decision to not abruptly halt a live interview that was likely taken by a Scottish production manager following normal live broadcast procedure. Aye we really suffer from being tied to the English, I mean forcing us to share the wealth of what was pretty much their Empire which built major cities, universities, schools and hospitals in Scotland and kept us involved at the forefront of world affairs and technology for centuries was a particularly unpleasant thing to do us. *******s!

Anyway, back to the topic in hand, well done Eilidh - silverware at Hampden for yet another Jambo!

I never realised that it was an English Empire and they were good enough to share it with us.

Thanks for the education.

Oh and well done Eilidh :thumbsup:

I'm no ScotNat but someone clearly needs a history lesson. Perhaps start with the dates that the country's ancient universities were established.

Agree on the well done Eilidh, though.

gashauskis9

For those who missed it.

STATUE!!!!!

Great to see Balding contribute to their misery too, she's the best sports presenter on these shores by a long shot.

5-1 is mentioned on the story on the back page of the Sun today.

This'll go on for years.

We_are_the_Hearts

Her and MDV as guests first game please, both giving it the 5-1 when they come out

She's coming on bbc breakfast shortly... Another 1-5 perhaps? :jj:

This thread is :glorious:

Hearts fan doing well.

Hearts fans celebrating her success.

Hibs fans seethe.

Unionist seethe from people who actually think post indie the onlt broadcasting we'll get is STV or river city :facepalm:

Love it.

Rudolf's Mate
5-1 is mentioned on the story on the back page of the Sun today.

This'll go on for years.

This will go on for generations!

One day a Jambo will pass and there will be a big story about him being the last person alive to witness that famous day. A day which went down in history and has been referenced on many a stage with many more to come.

The only reprieve they'll have is when their last surviving witness passes and they can attempt to lay claim that it never actually happened!

She's coming on bbc breakfast shortly... Another 1-5 perhaps? :jj:

This thread is :glorious:

Hearts fan doing well.

Hearts fans celebrating her success.

Hibs fans seethe.

Unionist seethe from people who actually think post indie the onlt broadcasting we'll get is STV or river city :facepalm:

Love it.

Hoping Eilidh gets in a wee 5 - 1 this morning. If you are reading you what to do :laugh:

Archived