***Official Serie A 2014-15 thread***

Locky

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sexton Hardcastle

Some talk Pinilla could be on his way to Roma with a couple of younger boys sent on loan.

Unbelievable move for the lad.

Any chance of the promoted teams staying up, do you think? Was impressed that Sassuolo managed to survive last year.

Some talk Pinilla could be on his way to Roma with a couple of younger boys sent on loan.

Unbelievable move for the lad.

Remember he was linked with Inter for a couple of seasons while at Palermo. Shame it never materialised.

Any chance of the promoted teams staying up, do you think? Was impressed that Sassuolo managed to survive last year.

Palermo should no problem. Not sure about Empoli and Cesena.

Gregory House M.D.

Totti trolling Cole rather amusing.

Outstanding stuff from Totti.

:jjyay:

Sexton Hardcastle

Anybody fancy doing a fantasy league again?

I'll restart last year's for this season if people fancy it.

Strolled it as per.

Sexton Hardcastle

Goes to show it's not just Scotland ran by complete morons.

Quite ridiculous if Tavecchio gets to the gig after what's been said.

Sexton Hardcastle

Seems so. Smile minded clubs like Milan and Lazio happy to entertain the idiot.

Only a handful of serie a/b clubs fully oppose his appointment.

2 goals in 2 minutes for Pinilla on his Genoa debut against Pro Vercelli.

Always preferred Sampdoria for some reason but will definitely be keeping close tabs on that wonderful man. :JJYAY.

• 2 weeks later...

1 week til the big kick off. Few Serie A clubs playing in the early stages of the Coppa Italia tonight.

Lazio won 7-0 scoring all the goals in the second half. New signing Stefan de Vrij scored on his debut.

Mauricio Pinilla scored Genoa's only goal to take them through and Antonio di Natale scored all of Udinese's goals in a 5-1 win. :wub:

Sexton Hardcastle

Juve travel to the Bentegodi Saturday tea time followed by Roma Fiorentina.

Milan Lazio and Torino Inter Sundays televised games.

scudetto.jpg

Bliss

Sexton Hardcastle

Juve winning early doors through an OG.

Fiorentina missing both Rossi and Cuardrado tonight. Don't see past home win.

Sexton Hardcastle

Sky sport (Italy) were supposed to have their name on it tonight. Can only assume some has changed longer term.

Class to see Taddei in the curva sud celebrating the goal.

Sky sport (Italy) were supposed to have their name on it tonight. Can only assume some has changed longer term.

Class to see Taddei in the curva sud celebrating the goal.

Thought there might be a good reason for no logo on top......looks great without it!

As an Italian football fan and general football geek, I was disgusted with myself when I just found out that Conte had left Juve for the national team while Allegri took over. :lol:

Knew Conte to leave was almost a cert but hadn't seen confirmation anywhere.

Looking at Roma's team on paper, they've strengthened even more than last year. I don't know if they're ready to win the title yet but they will come closer. Still can't see past Juve this season I'm afraid but they won't have it all their own way like recent years.

Not sure what to expect from Inter this season and certainly don't expect them to get off to a flyer tomorrow night. Speaking of Torino though, they look like dark horses to push even higher up the table. Expect Lazio to be a bit more of a force this season too. They've invested quite a bit into the playing squad. Think they were the 2nd or 3rd highest spenders of the summer.

How Milan do relies a lot on how good Torres becomes I think but they'll be a bit sounder defensively I think. I think this season will be the start of a decline for Napoli. Missing out on the group stages of the CL will have hit their pockets hard, especially after spending a bit of cash last season. Due to that, they won't make top 3 this season meaning it's a cert that Higuain and Hamsik will go within the next year. In my opinion anyway.

As for Fiorentina, their season will depend a lot on who stays fit. Rossi mainly.

Sexton Hardcastle

De Scantics with some brilliant stops.

Merrited the win over the 90. Main concern this season is competing in Europe and playing twice a week. Plenty of depth in the squad but the departure of Benatia gives Juve the edge. Allegri or no Allegri Benatia was that good and Astori is a serious downgrade. See how this Greek laddie gets on I suppose.

Talk they will sign the football manager legend Balanta before the window closes as well. Would be another cracking prospect on the books if he does sign.

Was ready to come on with my customary criticism of Gervinho,and he pops up with a terrific goal!

Well played,son!

Nainggolan MOTM by a country mile.

Sexton Hardcastle

If he could finish he would be a phenomenal player. Still poses a threat every time.

Hopefully have a ticket for Man City champions league game at the end of September. No fear going there after today!

If he could finish he would be a phenomenal player. Still poses a threat every time.

Hopefully have a ticket for Man City champions league game at the end of September. No fear going there after today!

Be some game....enjoy!

rossthejambo

Pippo Inzaghi giving Robbie a run for his money in the style stakes on the touch line :wub:

Milan look so much better than last year already.

chuck berrys hairline

Anyone think Torino can turn Inter over? 2/1 for the home team.

rossthejambo

If it was last seasons Inter I'd say yes, think they're a much better team this season though.

If it was last seasons Inter I'd say yes, think they're a much better team this season though.

Inter are my Italian team and tbh I'm massively let down by activity in the transfer market. Still hoping for a big signing or 2 late on though as they've spend ?9.2 million all summer when this new owner is supposedly loaded.

Attacking options are fine but Osvaldo is pretty much just a replacement for Milito. With Alvarez set to leave on loan and the departures of Samuel, Cambiasso and Zanetti too, the heart of the team is gone and they may be a bit light in defence. I know they weren't massive players like they once were but they were exactly what was needed on the pitch in the rougher times of late.

I've got Torino on my coupon along with Palermo and Genoa.

Romas new stadium passed planning todsy and should break ground within 10 months.

Superb news.

Italy, .....building project.....break ground in 10 months............makes sense to me.

Completion by 2030 ?

Sexton Hardcastle

If, as they say, they want Totti to play at it before he retires they will be bursting baws and jaws to get it completed.

Upgrades to infrastructure also key to the project so hope that helps things progress.

Archived