Paterson Injury

jambogjh

kylelauren01

Ryan Stevenson did his medial against Hibs last season and I think was out 6-8 weeks. Depends if a tweak or a complete rupture and only the scan will confirm.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

Poster saying out for the season, head coach basically saying it's a mere knock.

Wait and see but sounds promising from Robbie.

Just spoke to an ex Hearts physio, we were at the game and he says out for about 3 months.

Jason Dufner

Just spoke to an ex Hearts physio, we were at the game and he says out for about 3 months.

With the way people were speculating initially I'd be quite happy if this was the case.

From Robbie, ""We need to wait and see with Callum", said Robbie. "Hopefully it's not too bad. He has a protective boot on, and we'll see about sending him for a scan. He just got his studs caught in the grass, and maybe hurt his medial ligament."

scott herbertson

Until the scan confirms if it's medial or cruciate I don't see how anyone can be sure..

You're in kickback world

It's as bad as it possibly can be

He'll get an MR scan over the next day or so. There's no way anyone knows how long he'll be out for until that happens.

Apologies, seems i`ve been mislead. Info i was given earlier has been retracted by person who originally said it.

Clerry Jambo

Apologies, seems i`ve been mislead. Info i was given earlier has been retracted by person who originally said it.

Instant ban please

That would be hard on the lad.

But he has character and that counts for a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Is it his knee? The protective boot has confused me?

He's got big feet they go all the way up to his knees.

Can we please not just jump to conclusions until the extent of the injury is known? I'm an optimist!

I'll wait and hear what the situation is.

Pretty sure we had Robinson out with a broken shin!!!

He played the following week!!

It's a much less serious injury than a cruciate ligament injury probably out for a month.

This, plus his age will mean he will recover quicker than some old git. Tasboy #1 was out for 6 weeks with a similar injury.

letsalldothebeattie

The match report says twisted knee. How serious I don't know but hopefully nothing too long term

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll wait and hear what the situation is.

Pretty sure we had Robinson out with a broken shin!!!

He played the following week!!

I'm an optimist so i'll say atleast he's got a few weeks before the season proper starts. This way he can be well on his way through rehab by then

Jambof3tornado

I'm an optimist so i'll say atleast he's got a few weeks before the season proper starts. This way he can be well on his way through rehab by then

Sounds good to me.

Hyperextended my medial tendon a few months back. Could barely walk for a few days then was out for around 6 weeks. Even then it wasn't quite right.

Fly the Saltire

Problem is, as I am sure the management knows, we do not have a natural right back or even a defensive left back who was brutally exposed last season.

:muggy:

Hopefully it's not too bad.

People all speculating it's his medial ligament, he may have torn his medial meniscus ( carliage ) which is right next to it and also makes your knee swell up immediately . If this is the case, he gets an arthroscopic trim or stitches depending on the tear. If that's the case I would suggest no more than 4 weeks for Calum.

Fingers crossed eh ?

wait for official news folks, JKB is full of know it all's who know f$$$ all...there is no way anybody even probably Calum(although he will have a feeling) will know how bad it is, spoke with the physio-googled it-ryan stevenson....its all irrelevant, monday PM we will know....

ps. He was at Ibrox with his big boot on at 6.45pm tonight with fat sally, he's signing for them and so is Jamie Walker......oh wait!!

Can only wait and hope the club are forthcoming with information. If it is his cruciate and hes out for the season then his chances of fulfilling the high level career he was destined for are over. Will miss too much of an important time in his devleopment and likely struggle to get back to how he was. Hope to god it is only a minor injury.

Jambof3tornado

Can only wait and hope the club are forthcoming with information. If it is his cruciate and hes out for the season then his chances of fulfilling the high level career he was destined for are over. Will miss too much of an important time in his devleopment and likely struggle to get back to how he was. Hope to god it is only a minor injury.

Career over my arse. What planet are you on?

Nelly Terraces

So, nobody knows anything, or has any information to provide on this players injury. Great.

Goodnight.

If his season is over and it is a cruciate, the likelyhood is it will recur. End of career? Perhaps no. Huge dent in his chances of playing at a high level? Unfortunately yes.

Patterson is a player that if he evens out the weaker area of his games, could play in one of the big leagues and be a regular RB for his country, If he plays no football for 1-2 years depending on set backs, loses his confidence, a yard of pace and misses such a vital period in his development, the chances of him getting back on track and making it at that level are slim. Its unfortunate but true. Its all about how he recovered. He'll have to be mentally strong and hope he can recover in time for next season.

If his season is over and it is a cruciate, the likelyhood is it will recur. End of career? Perhaps no. Huge dent in his chances of playing at a high level? Unfortunately yes.

Patterson is a player that if he evens out the weaker area of his games, could play in one of the big leagues and be a regular RB for his country, If he plays no football for 1-2 years depending on set backs, loses his confidence, a yard of pace and misses such a vital period in his development, the chances of him getting back on track and making it at that level are slim. Its unfortunate but true. Its all about how he recovered. He'll have to be mentally strong and hope he can recover in time for next season.

Everyone is different and everyone heals differently.

I snapped my cruciate and medial when I was 31, playing Saturday football.

It took me 18 months to get back but that was through the NHS . It didn't stop me and I went on to captain Jambos Kickback beat . Net in the first ever game at Tynecastle.

It's now 17 years since that op and my knee has been perfect and played at a good level right up until I snapped my cruciate in my other knee a couple of months ago :). Just going through rehab now.

My point is though, nowadays a cruciate ligament tear / reconstruction isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

There are some NFL players that have had ACL reconstruction op at the start of their season and still managed to play some games. Their season runs from September until 1st week of Feb if you make the Superbowl .

Not all doom and gloom !

He left Tynecastle with a brace on a badly swollen knee and is going for a scan tomorrow. It's not looking great, think 8-10 weeks would be good news to be honest.

Out of all the wildly speculative uninformed posts on this thread this one sticks out like a Hibs player at a Scottish cup winners reunion party.

tartofmidlothian

He left Tynecastle with a brace on a badly swollen knee and is going for a scan tomorrow. It's not looking great, think 8-10 weeks would be good news to be honest.

Career over, then? Real shame that. :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ngoo. Sounds like we might see plenty more of him this season, at least.

We really need a drama queen image on Kickback.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The lad hasn't had much luck with injuries, I am sure he was out for a while not that long ago??

The Real Maroonblood

We are doomed.

gashauskis9

He missed about 6 months of the 2012/13 season with a bad injury . He came back a better player!

Can we quit with the doomed chat, he's 19 FFS!

Maybe Hearts could arrange a testimonial for him next Saturday, as there's no game..?

:whistling:

gashauskis9

And to think there was a thread on here devoted to him being the weak link in defence...

Tiberius Stinkfinger

That's what happens when you go to Tynecastle wearing a Hearts shirt.

Hope he's not out long.

Holyrood_Hearts

If CP's injury means him missing the next 6-8 weeks, IMO we need to bring in another right back.

Jambof3tornado

If CP's injury means him missing the next 6-8 weeks, IMO we need to bring in another right back.

Jordan did just fine when he came on, no need for a panic signing.

Archived