Hearts Looking For 1 More Defender

2NaFish

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate
the sub heading is CL tweet

Cool. A lot of the time there's more info in sub headings which others miss until someone expands.

Good to see Levein is getting with the times and interacting with supporters on social networking. Not many managers do.

That's something which makes us fairly unique, the figures show we are a big club, yet we are still small enough to have that community give were supporters and players, staff etc. have a rapport.

Toxteth O'Grady

Another big centre half to play alongside Ozturk please.

Wilson & McHattie can fight it out for the left back slot.

stuarty1874

Brilliant news and comms.

Imagine if Vlad had twitter,... the daily Vlad rant!

I would follow him.

frank skinner

Gary Kenneth ?

correct....spot on Sir....

Back to 2005

What you mean the real Romanov isn't real!?

Good to see Levein is getting with the times and interacting with supporters on social networking. Not many managers do.

I'll give it a week if we don't get off to a good start. He'll shut it down due to rudi abuse.

We could do with a Paddy Kisnorbo type - versatile athletic type who can provide cover for the back four and defensive midfield.

RickDeckard

A defender that could cover both full back positions would be ideal in my opinion. Would keep Paterson and McHattie on their toes and could cover for injuries, fatigue etc.

Chris Benoit

A defender that could cover both full back positions would be ideal in my opinion. Would keep Paterson and McHattie on their toes and could cover for injuries, fatigue etc.

A Maybury type (but not him) would be ideal.

RickDeckard

A Maybury type (but not him) would be ideal.

Would mean that McGhee, McKay wouldn't have to get played out of position at full back and still leave us good options for centre back.

Chris Benoit

Would mean that McGhee, McKay wouldn't have to get played out of position at full back and still leave us good options for centre back.

Definitely, would rather see those two given the chance to progress along with Wilson than bring in another CH and see their opportunities limited.

I wonder if this is a result of the horsing from Dundee? Maybe turn out a blessing in disguise if it highlighted our defensive frailties in reserve.

Hopefully we can unearth a gem from overseas but if not maybe Darren Barr on a one year deal would be a reasonable option in our division.

Gary Kenneth ?

Good god no why would anybody want to sign that donkey. Overweight, slow and at 27 looks like he is over the hill. No current club and Brechin City was his last club, tells you a bit about how good he is.

I know Levein rated him as a youngster at United but personally I think we could do a lot better than him.

Good god no why would anybody want to sign that donkey. Overweight, slow and at 27 looks like he is over the hill. No current club and Brechin City was his last club, tells you a bit about how good he is.

I know Levein rated him as a youngster at United but personally I think we could do a lot better than him.

He does have a current club. Tayport in the juniors.

The last poster was on the wind up.

glastonbury jambo

the weakness is in the right back position i have been saying this for a couple of weeks {to much derision}

...because wilson can play left back but who can play right back? mckay? no thanks ... and im not so convinced of paterson as a right back so i expect the new signing to be a right back /wingback/ fullback.

To help Paterson and to keep him on his toes and challenge for the position.

He does have a current club. Tayport in the juniors.

The last poster was on the wind up.

Thank god for that.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Cool. A lot of the time there's more info in sub headings which others miss until someone expands.

I'm interested to know what you think you missed? :lol:

The thread title & opening post seemed pretty comprehensive to me.

BobbyJenkins

Heard Kenneth was playing ammie nevermind juniors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

I'm interested to know what you think you missed? :lol:

The thread title & opening post seemed pretty comprehensive to me.

:lol:

Obviously I just wanted to know if there was any unjustly bias towards us :conspiracy:

Replacing McHattie and Wilson? Jesus, we do have some stupid supporters.

prob had a few too many drinks mate it is a saturday night after all :D

prob had a few too many drinks mate it is a saturday night after all :D

They could have more then, enjoy their night with their pals and hopefully wake up less daft. ;)

Caspian Primrose

I was going to say a LB but I actually prefer the sound of this even though it's unlikely.

Libertonian_II

Replacing McHattie and Wilson? Jesus, we do have some stupid supporters.

Never said nowt about Wilson. He's fine where he is. Don't rate McHattie but if you think that's stupid, you obviously have an intolerance to posters with views different to yours.

Not ITK but think we will sign a defender in time for Sunday's game. Klaxon on Thursday perhaps???

If Paterson is going to be out for a while I think we need an out and out right back who has some experience. Broadfoot or has he signed for someone now? )I see he has signed for Rotherham. I think we will miss Paterson's height more than anything.

We_are_the_Hearts

If Paterson is going to be out for a while I think we need an out and out right back who has some experience. Broadfoot or has he signed for someone now? )I see he has signed for Rotherham. I think we will miss Paterson's height more than anything.

Totally agree, we will miss him at set pieces at both ends of the park. We could really do with a full back with a bit of height as if Smith covers we are down to Danny and Alim defending set pieces. This factor will probably see Jordan get the nod! Not sure about Sow but nothing has said he is strong in the air so far.

Totally agree, we will miss him at set pieces at both ends of the park. We could really do with a full back with a bit of height as if Smith covers we are down to Danny and Alim defending set pieces. This factor will probably see Jordan get the nod! Not sure about Sow but nothing has said he is strong in the air so far.

Ailm and Danny in particular aren't exactly 'big' defenders. McHattie isn't strong in the air either, and our midfield is small, so we may struggle a bit from set pieces. A tall right back would be idea. McGhee isn't quite strong or big enough yet.

Agree we need someone who is good in the air. With Paterson off 2nd half thought we lacked height in penalty boxes both defensively and in attack when Sow went off.

Thought McHattie was pretty commanding in the air on saturday,

A definate improvement on last season but will see against better opposition

Archived