HMFC Fan Base

TNCASTLE

There was a publication a while ago that nominated our supposed fan base at 300,000 from memory.

The statistic also "ranked" us in UK at (maybe) 16th. Does anyone out there have a copy of this publication and can repose it here please?

.net seem to latch o to that 400k figure as if it was something that Hearts fans personally prookte as gospel.

It was published by a company called Roy Morgan International, but I can't find the article on their website. This old thread has pasted the whole thing: http://www.hmfckickb...-18-best-in-uk/

Edit: Good job for the Internet Archive, see here: https://web.archive.org/web/20070606132212/http://www.roymorgan.com/news/press-releases/2006/490/

Thank you for digging this up. Roy Morgan have the reputation of providing reliable statistics. Although invernessjt has a point.

My point is our sponsorship does not reflect our apparent ranking! Clearly we have a fan base worthy of something better as we have many potential "customers" for a much better scenario. Thanks again.

jamtartan74

Think we shiould be looking at a 100k all seater stadium then, easy fill that like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamtartan74

In all seriousness, fantastic numbers if true, which I don't doubt. FTH HHGH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pants Shaton

Edinburgh, 7th largest city in the uk, is a one club city. Therefore it doesn't surprise me that we have a massive potential support.

If we were winning titles and cups regularly, or at least competing, and we had a big enough stadium, who knows what our attendences would be like.

I'm sure Rangers were getting poor attendences in the eighties when they were struggling before Murray turned up.

Rudolf's Mate

Is it really that surprising when you consider it takes ex-pats into consideration? You only have to look at the numbers who line the streets for the cup wins to appreciate there are a huge number of fans who don't attend matches.

I don't include ex-pats in that statement (obviously) but even just within the immediate vicinity of Edinburgh & Lothian's, if people could afford, didn't have other commitments or could be ersed then we'd actually need a bigger stadium!

Admittedly the same could be said for most clubs.

Fantastic amount of fans,yet only 8000 pledgers for FOH!

Time for you to get out there and have a word with all 392,000 of them.

jack D and coke
Edinburgh, 7th largest city in the uk, is a one club city. Therefore it doesn't surprise me that we have a massive potential support.

I was surprised when you posted this. Had a quick look and we've bigger populations than Liverpool and Manchester! Pretty poor attendances for both ourselves and Hibs to be honest.

MacDonald Jardine

I was surprised when you posted this. Had a quick look and we've bigger populations than Liverpool and Manchester! Pretty poor attendances for both ourselves and Hibs to be honest.

In fairness they have heavier populated hinterlands.

rudi must stay

Sounds like shit to me, got a fan base of 13000 as far as I can see

When you consider that 250k greeted us when we won the Scottish Cup in 98, that shows we have a huge support. Man Utd have a lot more than 4 million fans though, they have tens of millions of fans

Archived