Europa qualifiers

h-e-a-r-t-s

Surely Wallace? To be honest though I didn't mind him going there. We got a bit of cash for him and at least Rangers were still one of the top dogs in Scottish football.

He went there hoping to win silverware, play in the champions league and eventually make a move to a bigger club. Just a shame for him how it all worked out and now he's stuck down there.

I never had a problem with him moving, and at the time, it was a great move for him. However, he chose to stay when he had a chance to cancel his contract, and has pledged his loyalty to them when he could easily play in the English Championship, maybe even higher.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sasathejambo1874

I don't hate Motherwell or St Johnstone but I do not understand why fans of one football side in Scotland would want another to do well in Europe.

I don't hate Motherwell or St Johnstone but I do not understand why fans of one football side in Scotland would want another to do well in Europe.

I don't understand this post....will we call this a draw?

kingantti1874

Because you get older and the seethe dissipates, apart from Craig Gordon signing for Celtic - that made me lose my shit..

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Because football fans group clubs by nationality in their heads. It's quite nice not having fans in Europe thinking our teams, and therefore Scottish football, are utter horseshit.

Bazzas right boot

Think someone already mentioned why you might want that.

More wins- better co-efficient- more places, more chance of Hearts getting into Europe and entering at a later stage.

Takeshi's Tynecastle

Surely Wallace? To be honest though I didn't mind him going there. We got a bit of cash for him and at least Rangers were still one of the top dogs in Scottish football.

He went there hoping to win silverware, play in the champions league and eventually make a move to a bigger club. Just a shame for him how it all worked out and now he's stuck down there.

Agree up to your last line: not really a shame how it worked out. And he chose to stay there. Can understand him going there - never understood him staying there. That's where the lack of ambition comes in.

Sasathejambo1874

I don't understand this post....will we call this a draw?

Three others did, why couldn't you?

Anyway I see where you all are coming from. I thought it was generally just wanting those teams to win.

I never had a problem with him moving, and at the time, it was a great move for him. However, he chose to stay when he had a chance to cancel his contract, and has pledged his loyalty to them when he could easily play in the English Championship, maybe even higher.

That's true but it's hard to call how he would have been feeling at that point. Maybe he just felt really welcomed at the club and settled in nicely and didn't want to move on again so soon.

Marooned In Oz

Saints through 5-4 on pens!

Excellent news.

Now for Motherwell to stop whale-harpooning themselves in the foot...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Weird topic switches here but Dundee Utd are obviously teaching their players that it's a big wide world out there avid they should be looking way beyond The Old Firm and Rangers. Lee Wallace would never get that, having the mental capacity of a toddler or a reall intelligent Jack Russell.

To be fair if it gets to pens the motherwell keeper should have a rough idea as to where they will put there penalties after facing 3

Anyway I see where you all are coming from. I thought it was generally just wanting those teams to win.

Two through,one to go,,,,,,but here is where a slight contradiction may come into play...don't mind the sheep and staines going through but Motherwell going out would not be a disaster.

It all happened years ago.....!

Randy Marsh

You would have to say that St.Johnstone have an easier tie in the next round. Good chance of reaching he playoff round,

Aberdeen and St Johnstone both securing terrific wins :yas: . Well done both.

Spleedoink must be absolutely spewing :pleasing: .

I dont particularly like other scottish teams on a domestic front

But i would rather they all did well in europe. Look at the stages in which aberdeen entered and even st j and murderwell

Compare that to where we entered at the 2012/2013 stage having been cup winners, a difference of two stages / 4 games

If it means that when we do eventually get back to competing for european places i would rather that we enter as late as possible to have a better chance of making group stage and a crack at millions of pounds than wish that our fellow teams get pumped in the 1st qualifying round and we have similar

Wanted them to go through but it's quite amusing just how they can have a 2-0 lead in the first leg and continually throw it away over and over again :lol: .

I dont particularly like other scottish teams on a domestic front

But i would rather they all did well in europe. Look at the stages in which aberdeen entered and even st j and murderwell

Compare that to where we entered at the 2012/2013 stage having been cup winners, a difference of two stages / 4 games

If it means that when we do eventually get back to competing for european places i would rather that we enter as late as possible to have a better chance of making group stage and a crack at millions of pounds than wish that our fellow teams get pumped in the 1st qualifying round and we have similar

We'll not have any of that foresight on this thread, thank you. There's seething to be doing - boo etc.

Marooned In Oz

Wanted them to go through but it's quite amusing just how they can have a 2-0 lead in the first leg and continually throw it away over and over again :lol: .

Deserve to go out. How can a professional team that had been ahead that maybe times be going out to a semi-pro outfit from a country of 300 000 people.

Well done to the Icelanders. Motherwell, you're ******* out.

Sure i mentioned it before but motherwell are a joke

Knew even wen they qualified for europe they would do the grand total of zip in terms of progress. Utter cack

That too and i was quite keen to see Lech Poznan coming to scotland. As i quite like polish football as well would have probably went along in the away end

Video of Groningen hooligans attacking Aberdeen bagpipers with a bike http://bit.ly/1uk4OBY no need like

Speaking of Groningen 'hooligans', what the hell are all the Groningen stickers around Edinburgh all about? haha

Fozzyonthefence

Strange night - fantastic results for Aberdeen and Saints against semi decent opposition, total embarrassment for Motherwell against part time pish. They should be ashamed - as bad as Scottish football has become I can't recall any of our teams ever being knocked out by an Icelandic team. They've got a population much less than Edinburgh ffs!

Strange night - fantastic results for Aberdeen and Saints against semi decent opposition, total embarrassment for Motherwell against part time pish. They should be ashamed - as bad as Scottish football has become I can't recall any of our teams ever being knocked out by an Icelandic team. They've got a population much less than Edinburgh ffs!

I believe Dunfermline may have been there, done that etc.

Terrible result for Mwell.

Well done to the other two, though.

Reminds me of the time Dunfermline got knocked out by Harnarfjordur. Finished 4th the year before and reached the Scottish Cup final... then what could have been a fairly decent European run got cut short by an Icelandic team.

Allowayjambo1874

I'm afraid you just need to look back to Dunfermline 2004. Worse than that Falkirk losing to Vaduz from Liechtenstein in 2009 (though they have beaten quite a few teams since then)

If it means that when we do eventually get back to competing for european places i would rather that we enter as late as possible

It's changing next year, 2 Scottish teams enter the 1st round of qualies instead of 1. Scotland would need to get up to 15th in the coefficients to make a difference, we're 22nd just now.

I'm afraid you just need to look back to Dunfermline 2004. Worse than that Falkirk losing to Vaduz from Liechtenstein in 2009 (though they have beaten quite a few teams since then)

Don't they play in the Swiss League, though? Surely losing to an Icelandic team is worse. Or a Latvian team (Aberdeen). Or an Irish team (Aberdeen again).

Don't they play in the Swiss League, though? Surely losing to an Icelandic team is worse. Or a Latvian team (Aberdeen). Or an Irish team (Aberdeen again).

Correct. Falkirk 1st division at the time also.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Shocker of a result for Motherwell, North Lanarkshire has a bigger population than Iceland as a whole.

Aberdeen and St Johnstone have done very well though.

Marooned In Oz

Video of Groningen hooligans attacking Aberdeen bagpipers with a bike http://bit.ly/1uk4OBY no need like

Groningen fans are ******* scum. That guy looked like an old man - pathetic. They also have a connection with Hibs so I am delighted they are out - probabty why their stickers are plastered all over the place.

Filth.

Speaking of Groningen 'hooligans', what the hell are all the Groningen stickers around Edinburgh all about? haha

Believe it or not

They have a 'friendship' with the wee team

Apparently some of them come over to games regularly (dont know if the wee team go over there though)

Dont know any more than that or care, bit bizarre

As unclear how came about, but read that when checking up on the preview to the sheep game

Marooned In Oz

Believe it or not

They have a 'friendship' with the wee team

Apparently some of them come over to games regularly (dont know if the wee team go over there though)

Dont know any more than that or care, bit bizarre

As unclear how came about, but read that when checking up on the preview to the sheep game

I've always liked Heerenveen due to the "hearts" on their shirt. They are also Groningen's major rivals.... No brainer for me.

Think someone already mentioned why you might want that.

More wins- better co-efficient- more places, more chance of Hearts getting into Europe and entering at a later stage.

It's all about the coefficient ! As usual Motherwell let us down. If it was up to me I wouldn't let them in. They ALWAYS do this.

Well done the others. This round 8 matches and only one Scottish defeat, best for years and our coefficient will rise again.

Lasley fouls to concede the penalty.....for the THIRD time over the two legs!

Gets away with murder every week that guy in our leagues,another Goodwin imo well not quite as bad as Lasley is a decent footballer as well just nasty.

Switzerland and Holland are 2 big World Cup countries so finally our clubs don't look like easy beats ( not counting Motherwell....)

Watt-Zeefuik

How many times straight is this now that Motherwell has soaked up a Euro spot (a CL spot nonetheless a couple years ago) and proceeded to crash out at the first opportunity?

Well done to Aberdeen and St Johnstone. Would be great to see both make the group stage -- what we need to be aiming for every year once we're back up where we belong.

julienbrellier

well done st johnstone! happy in general for scottish teams to do well in europe but the day I support that shower of c**ts Aberdeen is the day I pack in being a jambo. disgusting supporters on par with the old firm if not worse

Nookie Bear

well done st johnstone! happy in general for scottish teams to do well in europe but the day I support that shower of c**ts Aberdeen is the day I pack in being a jambo. disgusting supporters on par with the old firm if not worse

Spot on. No true Hearts Man wants Aberdeen to do well.

The others get a nod of respect and that's it.

Hearts Heritage

Hearts record in Europe is genuinely mediocre. By that I mean we rarely win ties we expect to lose and have never suffered a 'humiliation' against a lower ranked opponent .

We have had some wonderful first leg results only to go out in leg 2. Munich and Bordeaux for example.

Basle was a great victory but was rendered meaningless by the 'round 4' results.

Our best two tie results were Vienna and Braga.

Nearly Every other Scottish team has had a 'shocker' vs lower opponents can't think of any for Hearts.

The_razors_edge

Was speaking to a M'well fan at work just now. He was saying that getting knocked out came as no surprise to him. He says the football under McCall has been dire and that M'well are seriously struggling financially. He reckons they need to find 400k by November or they'll be in admin. This is why they released McFadden and have only signed 3 players over the summer. Might be worth sticking a couple of quid on M'well getting relegated, you'll probably get a decent price.

Right.

I hate this love in with Scottish Clubs in Europe.

Celtic dont even want to play in Scottish Football.

Aberdeen and Motherwell celebrated our demise,and both sang with joy about relegation.

Lets leave St.John's Stains out of it,they are too diddy and irrelevant to care about.

This crap about "Co-efficient" means nil.

Barriers through qualification in Europe like seeding and places are miles away from being better in Scotland.

That apart,I hate every team in Scotland apart from HMFC and hope they get humped in Europe for evermore :uhoh2:

that's nice for you

Archived