Soufian El Hassanoui

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

With us coming into the last weeks of pre-season, we have learnt much about our new signings, especially our non-Scottish signings. Gomis looks a hard work in midfield and can control it, Sow looks powerful, quick and good at finishing (and is still to get up to fitness.) Bauben works really well with Gomis and Ozturk looks classy both in a football sense and non-football sense.

But El Hassanoui has dropped of from what people have been talking about this coming season. This is due to him recovering from a previous operation so is having his recovery done carefully. So he feels a great unknown, all I have seen is a couple of youtube videos (which can be misleading) which show him as a technically great player who almost looks like Taouil but with more purpose in what he does (and bigger physique.) But honestly dont really know if that is a fair description of him or not. The fact that people are unsure whether he is a striker or attacking midfielder shows we are not sure what we have positionally and how Robbie will use him. And Mark De Vries rates him.

So is anyone else looking forward to seeing him play? Any clearer ideas of what kind of player we have on our hands.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any clearer ideas of what kind of player we have on our hands.

The type of player that has been given number 9 could be a clue as to how they want him to operate.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Think he'll be used as a second striker. Link up man but in a European style i.e. getting the ball into his feet and spreading it out wide, playing the ball through to runners from midfield etc.

jamboinglasgow

done a bit of searching and found a few more videos

That one has him from 6:36 onwards, and focuses on him for the rest of the game, is quite interesting (like another video seen before but from a different game.)

A relatively unknown, half-fit striker to make his home debut against Hibs?

:jj:

oh it was so mark de vriesy :D

jamboinglasgow

The Sow I've seen doesn't match your description. Hope I'm wrong though.

He certainly looks strong and did have pace in him, but also looked like he was not near full fitness.

Buffalo Bill

I suspect he'll do a cracking job for us once we get him fit.

He certainly looks strong and did have pace in him, but also looked like he was not near full fitness.

He's clearly strong, he's caught out two different 'keepers with his pace so far and the only time he was put through on goal for us he finished with aplomb against a good goalkeeper. I think you'd find it hard to argue with any of those adjectives based on what we've seen so far.

As for El Hassnaoui, I reckon he'll play as a link between midfield and attack.

the stone rose

Sow?

ahh, re-read OP, sorry getting bad at not reading posts properly.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Being Moroccan/Dutch I'm hoping he doesn't make a hash of things in front of goal

It's only natural he's the one that intrigues us given he's not been sighted at all. If I'm being honest, I've no gut feeling either way. I just want to see him playing.

He's been the one I've been looking forward to seeing most.

Bet he can skin a player too. ;)

A relatively unknown, half-fit striker to make his home debut against Hibs?

MDV!

He's clearly strong, he's caught out two different 'keepers with his pace so far and the only time he was put through on goal for us he finished with aplomb against a good goalkeeper. I think you'd find it hard to argue with any of those adjectives based on what we've seen so far.

As for El Hassnaoui, I reckon he'll play as a link between midfield and attack.

Unless you just arguing with someone just for the sake of it

He's been the one I've been looking forward to seeing most.

Bet he can skin a player too. ;)

Aye, but can he make set-ups?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

He is going to light up our season for sure, Gers title hopes will go up in smoke

FFS!

Come on guys, I don't mind puns but these aren't even on the players name!

I don`t know much about him at all but people hinting he`s an attacking midfielder. If he is i hope he brings another goal threat from that area and is a good link with the frontman.

It would be good to know we have threat from various positions and not rely solely on Sow or whoever gets the nod upfront. I would also like to see the wide men chipping in far more often.

FFS!

Come on guys, I don't mind puns but these aren't even on the players name!

Steady mate, think you need to light up a bit.

I don`t know much about him at all but people hinting he`s an attacking midfielder. If he is i hope he brings another goal threat from that area and is a good link with the frontman.

It would be good to know we have threat from various positions and not rely solely on Sow or whoever gets the nod upfront. I would also like to see the wide men chipping in far more often.

Getting the number 9 jersey points to him being.... well, a number 9.

It also tells us the management think highly of him. I would have though sow would have been a shoe in for a first team number.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bong!.............. thats the end of the thread guys.

Relax, chill out, get yourself a kit kat

Steady mate, think you need to light up a bit.

:lol:

Me and my big mouth.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

roll up roll up, get yer puns here!

Can't beat em joint em

Does he have any sisters?

If he scores 4 against the Hobos I might just have to Marijuana them.

puns are ruining kickback

Correct, it's like shite post bingo on here at times.

Interesting OP, as I think he will be a player, ruined by post after post after. North Norfolk Digital style banter. This pun shite is really not good.

Interesting OP, as I think he will be a player, ruined by post after post after. North Norfolk Digital style banter. This pun shite is really not good.

Completely agree mate. Kickback would be somewhat bearable if you never had to filter through the nonsense to get to the decent stuff. It's a grind.

Jambof3tornado

He may spend a long while getting match sharp after missing out on a proper preseason. Technically decent amd suitable build for our league.

Going on what Neilson had said the other day about his attacking options he suggested El Hassanoui was the most complete player out of all of them, able to lead the line drop in or even go out wide. I think when everyone is fit it might be him and Sow as our first choice pairing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kickback is for all as far as I'm aware. Personally love a good pun, some are amusing some are crap like mine. I have to trawl through a load of guff, but I never complain about it

I GET IT, IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT SMOKING CANNABIS AND HE'S DUTCH/MOROCCAN!

HAHAHAHAHAH

:muggy:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I GET IT, IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT SMOKING CANNABIS AND HE'S DUTCH/MOROCCAN!

HAHAHAHAHAH

Toke you a while to cotton on

Special Agent Dale Cooper

HAHAHAHAHAH

AWw naw not another one of those sp-liff haters!

Archived