Junior Jambos

the jambo poet

the jambo poet

Does anyone know if the junior jambos still exists? I remember when my son was born (he's now 9) they had a membership scheme whereby you'd pay a subscription and receive the odd goody bag, birthday card and vouchers for a ticket or the shop etc.

I just think with the feel good factor about the place and shirt sales going through the roof etc. We could maybe take advantage of this and encourage new Jambos from afar as well as in and around Edinburgh.

My boy is still a member of Spurs youth, he joined at the same time, I swayed him from the big 4, and he still receives lots of stuff - his goody bag yesterday included a flag, a school bag, a school kit ie pencils, etc. Activity book, flag, stickers and voucher to spend in shop!! I can't remember how much the subscription is but I think it's a great thing and something that would make the wee jambos feel part of the club.

It is. Only thing my boy got from it was being recognised in the system when he got his first season ticket.

The Treasurer

It's getting completely revamped as we speak.

Glad to hear it.

It needs more than a mass-produced birthday card and a newsletter to encourage kids (and their parents) to want to continue to be part of the club year after year.

Good news, I remember the same as above when I was a laddie, the only card I really cared about at birthdays haha

When I signed up the wee man (or my dad did rather) i think it was just a single letter we received for him) cant honestly think of anyone else that has been sent for him.

If it was, as is said above to be revamped, then great and tbh i dont mins paying a monthly fee to support it and in return get things like mentioned above (bag flag school accessories etc) and the chance to be a mascot

Would be fine with me and i'm looking forward to news of the revamp when doe

To be honest, I think almost every single aspect of the club is being revamped.

But the JJ was discussed. I think they see it as important to engage with young supporters.

Carl Fredrickson

I mind joining what may have been the initial one in the early 80s. We were given a tour of Tynie and IIRC a photo of us on the tour was in the programme for the League Cup game V Rangers when you could win a house!

We got birthday cards and I am sure I still have a sheet of players autographs from then too

Would contribute a membership fee for our lad if the revamp is a decent one

Was in the Junior Jambos when I was younger. Went to Rugby Park for nothing, only had to pay for the coach which was ?6 a head. We won 1-0, MdV scored and I remember Wilfred Ouefio being on the bench. Told the lad next to me it's was Jose Quitongo and he was back playing for us. He was seething when he seen the team sheet.

Went to the Christmas party too where 2 players were going to be making surprise appearances. Seen a guy hovering about with long hair and went round telling everybody it was Jean Louis Valois as I was totally convinced. Turns out the guest were de Vries and Moose and said long haired bloke was a photographer. :lol:

We_are_the_Hearts

I mind joining what may have been the initial one in the early 80s. We were given a tour of Tynie and IIRC a photo of us on the tour was in the programme for the League Cup game V Rangers when you could win a house!

We got birthday cards and I am sure I still have a sheet of players autographs from then too

Would contribute a membership fee for our lad if the revamp is a decent one

Open days and penalty kick competitions I can remember as well, winner got to be mascot and got a season ticket. A guy called John Frame ran it, was great at it, sure he went on to be an umpire at Wimbledon

Alan Johnson

I was in the junior jambos and got to be a mascot through it. One of the first times Craig Gordon was on the bench as a youngster and he let us take penalties into him :jjyay:

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Carl Fredrickson

Open days and penalty kick competitions I can remember as well, winner got to be mascot and got a season ticket. A guy called John Frame ran it, was great at it, sure he went on to be an umpire at Wimbledon

John Frame was an umpire at Wimbledon and a teacher at Penicuik High. Sure he was a director at Hearts for a while too.

The summer of leaving P7 to go into 1st year a few Midlothian schools had a trip to Dieppe for p7s. He was one of the teachers who went and I got on really well with him as we spoke football for a week

Dagger Is Back

I don't think many of us realise how 'broken' things are. JJ will be revamped and I'm

Interested to see just how much a difference can be made.

It's getting completely revamped as we speak.

. I was just thinking that...

the jambo poet

I'm glad it's being revamped and I know for a fact being a coach of a local fitba team that the half time entertainment was struggling for a while last season why not get junior jambos on the pitch at half time for a kick around

Carl Fredrickson

A decent JJ, family fun day, community teams on the pitch at half time with free tickets for the game....these kind of things all play a part in the nurturing of the next generation of fans. If a youngster gets to go to games and feels part of the club then they are more likely to follow them through choice.

Registered my oldest when he was 3 days old 5 years ago for hearts juniors get feck all

After someone decided it should be free it went down hill as club couldn't afford to keep it going.

Adi Dassler

My little boy was 2 a few weeks ago and naturally one of the first things I done when he was born was to sign him up to this. Nothing. I then tried to sign him up again about 6 months later and again nothing. The people I spoke to at the club at the time basically said it had ceased to exist in any real way.

Archived