Who was that guy?

Bruno

Trialist a few years back, striker, scored loads of goals in pre season, loads of hype on here, issues around his professional status or something so we couldn't sign him until January and then the links died.

Who was he and where is he now?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shanks said no

Jonathan Toto was the boy who went to Morton as an amatuer but was released by them, according to Wiki he is now clubless after playing in Greek Div 2

upgotheheads

Trialist a few years back, striker, scored loads of goals in pre season, loads of hype on here, issues around his professional status or something so we couldn't sign him until January and then the links died.

Who was he and where is he now?

Toto? Surely only a couple of years ago, unless I'm living in a time warp which might well be the case

Toto is the guy! Thank you Mauricio Pinilla!

Did he not get something like 7 in 4 for our youth teams? Wiki-ing him there was a problem with his registration as his previous club folded and he joined Morton on a short term deal with a view to joining us in January, but was mince for them and disappeared to Singapore where he scored a few goals.

Any other trialists who we hyped up, never signed and then they disappeared. Georgios Vakouftsis springs to mind ...

Toto? Surely only a couple of years ago, unless I'm living in a time warp which might well be the case

4 years ago if Wiki is correct

Toto was French born of Cameroon parents where he had played youth football but was last registered with Legano in Italy when JJ brought him on trial. Hearts couldn't get his international clearance which is why he signed for Morton as an amateur.

Again we go back to The Terrace Podcast website to put into context just how bad this guy was for Morton:

"STRIKER - JONATHAN TOTO

As a long suffering Morton supporter, I like to see players run about the pitch, being extremely unsuccessful in doing so and proceeding to kick the ball as far away from their feet as possible. Well, that must have been what Jonathan Toto thought. I mean, why else would he spend his entire Morton career doing it?

Young Jonathan had a problem - a major, major problem. Not a mental one, like most ?Ton supporters may think, but a problem nevertheless. I don?t know what the current manager at the time saw in Toto which made him think ?You know what; I think this lad has something.?

The name Toto is a standing joke amongst the Morton supporters now; we?ve had many, many poor strikers before and after the, but Toto will forever be regarded as the worst. When life is tough, and you feel things can?t get much worse, just remember; at least you?re not Jonathan Toto."

LINK - http://terracepodcast.net/scottish-lower-leagues/2013/11/30/worst-xi-greenock-morton

Did Man City ever sign Brani Kostadinov?

No, although he has seen a few clubs since leaving Hearts. Does anyone remember Dmitri Copil?

Who was that young Romanian lad in the Romanov era that was tipped for stardom, then we just released him?

Supposedly signed him ahead of Celtic.

Am I imagining that?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Who was that young Romanian lad in the Romanov era that was tipped for stardom, then we just released him?

Am I imagining that?

Wasn't that Brani?

Dmiti copil

Am I imagining that?

Wasn't that Brani?

No Brani was Bulgarian. This was another lad.

No, although he has seen a few clubs since leaving Hearts. Does anyone remember Dmitri Copil?

According to Wikipedia he has been released by a club who were playing in the fourth tier of Romanian footballer last year.

What a waste.

No Brani was Bulgarian. This was another lad.

Check the post above your previous one.

Dumitru Copil was his name.

Maiden Gorgie

Wasn't that Brani?

Thought that was Copil. "the new Hagi"

might be wrong though

might be wrong though

That's the lad. I wonder what became of him?

might be wrong though

Are you just ignoring the rest of this thread?!

According to Wikipedia he has been released by a club who were playing in the fourth tier of Romanian footballer last year.

What a waste.

Remember seeing Toto play the pre season friendly (was it Birmingham?) and thought he looked like he could be decent but the stand out was wee Suso

Still "the Spanish waiter" according to JKB but became an almost instantly cultivated hero

That bawbag Bouzid was playing too , dire

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

The Internet

Matej Rapnik.

Does anyone know what happened to that boy Copil?

Seems he's just been released by a third tier Romanian team.

Sebastian schemmel one of the best trialist we never signed. Was it v middlesborough he looked quality then just disappeared? Or is my mind playing tricks?

King of the North

Matej Rapnik. Currently playing for Police Utd in Thailand.

Coulda beena contender...

Seems he's just been released by a third tier Romanian team.

:laugh:

Thanks mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastian schemmel one of the best trialist we never signed. Was it v middlesborough he looked quality then just disappeared? Or is my mind playing tricks?

Looked quality but seemingly had an attitude problem.

Was it Rapnik that went raj and just left because he was "homesick"?

Not 100% sure on that, but I remember arguments over wether Rapnik or McGowan should play when Berra was injured.

I wonder how things would have gone (for both) if Rapnik had been given the nod instead.

The Great Khali

wasn't that Copil?

Nae idea. Was one of them anyway. I just didn't want to mention Copil again :lol:

Nae idea. Was one of them anyway. I just didn't want to mention Copil again :lol:

Who is Copil? ;)

Sorry to the OP for hijacking their thread.

Edit: Not really - I actually improved it :)

Who is Copil? ;)

The Bulgarian who was with us in 2005

:jjyay:

RustyRightPeg

Remember seeing Toto play the pre season friendly (was it Birmingham?) and thought he looked like he could be decent but the stand out was wee Suso

Still "the Spanish waiter" according to JKB but became an almost instantly cultivated hero

That bawbag Bouzid was playing too , dire

Sunderland at Tynecastle? Was Suso's first game, thought he was outstanding.

Sunderland at Tynecastle? Was Suso's first game, thought he was outstanding.

Aye knew it was a premiership team but couldn't remember, Suso was tremendous that day.

Whit??

I couldn't stand him, was a game when he was the only recognised centre back playing and he should have been leading the back line, he hid that whole game and tbh I always found him vastly overrated.

Lived off the header v Celtic for the remainder of his contract

RustyRightPeg

Aye knew it was a premiership team but couldn't remember, Suso was tremendous that day.

Any word on how he's doing nowadays? Loved that wee guy, thought he was vastly underrated.

The Bulgarian who was with us in 2005

Copil was Romanian. Kostadinov was the Bulgarian.

0,,10289~5214925,00.jpg

Archived