Hearts TV for 2014-15

jambo in iraq

jambo in iraq

Does anyone know if the Hearts TV is likely to be any better this season? Stuck with it last year, but on the occasions they were showing live matches often found the quality to be better on 'other' streams. Don't really want to slag it off too much as obviously there were slightly more pressing matters to deal with, but I would hope that there will be a marked improvement this term.

Really used to enjoy the coverage back in the Mark Donaldson & Lawrence Brodie days and being stuck in Iraq there never used to be many other ways to watch of listen to Hearts matches even in the Premier League.

They could start the improvements by sorting out their website to actually allow me to make the payment instead of asking for a Promo Code (anyone know what it is?)

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lisburnjambo

Has it been looked at to add Hearts TV to virgin media or sky? With subscription still.

possibility of more viewers

Has it been looked at to add Hearts TV to virgin media or sky? With subscription still.

:rofl:

:cornette:

:rofl:

Beats, serious question mate. If you were in LisburnJambos company in a boozer and he suggested whether Sky or Virgin would pick up HeartsTV as an add on...would you pure laugh clean in the guys face?

It's clear you don't think it would ever happen, and that's cool. But surely if you two were face to face you'd have the decency to explain why you think it's be a non starter, not just laugh in the guys face and leave it at that?

This is actually not so much about you personally mate cos I've always regarded you as a decent poster. It's more a moan about the way posters on here are increasingly treating fellow posters like bams. It doesn't make for a good vibe and could quite possibly put people off posting for fear of being made out to be an arse.

As I say bud, it's not so much about you personally, it's just that you're the latest one to use that ******* stupid cornette pic.

Rant over...dinny hit me with a cornette is reply pleeeease ;-)

Beats, serious question mate. If you were in LisburnJambos company in a boozer and he suggested whether Sky or Virgin would pick up HeartsTV as an add on...would you pure laugh clean in the guys face?

It's clear you don't think it would ever happen, and that's cool. But surely if you two were face to face you'd have the decency to explain why you think it's be a non starter, not just laugh in the guys face and leave it at that?

This is actually not so much about you personally mate cos I've always regarded you as a decent poster. It's more a moan about the way posters on here are increasingly treating fellow posters like bams. It doesn't make for a good vibe and could quite possibly put people off posting for fear of being made out to be an arse.

As I say bud, it's not so much about you personally, it's just that you're the latest one to use that ******* stupid cornette pic.

Rant over...dinny hit me with a cornette is reply pleeeease ;-)

You deserve a cornette but I won't.

If someone says something stupid in life whether it's online or in someone's company yes I would laugh at them and rip the pish.

That ok?

If someone says something stupid in life whether it's online or in someone's company yes I would laugh at them and rip the pish.

That ok?

Course it's ok. I was just wondering that's all.

As long as it wasn't taken personally that's all. As I say it's more about the way people treat strangers on here, that's all.

Cheers for the reply ;-)

Does anyone know if the Hearts TV is likely to be any better this season? Stuck with it last year, but on the occasions they were showing live matches often found the quality to be better on 'other' streams. Don't really want to slag it off too much as obviously there were slightly more pressing matters to deal with, but I would hope that there will be a marked improvement this term.

Really used to enjoy the coverage back in the Mark Donaldson & Lawrence Brodie days and being stuck in Iraq there never used to be many other ways to watch of listen to Hearts matches even in the Premier League.

They could start the improvements by sorting out their website to actually allow me to make the payment instead of asking for a Promo Code (anyone know what it is?)

The website is getting a revamp soon, not my realm but I can certainly check what sort of changes will happen in terms of the Hearts TV side of things.

I'll be continuing as commentator for the new season after taking over midway through last campaign. If there is any ideas or feedback (positive and negative) please let me know as I'm still fairly new at this gig! Obviously in terms of the video side of it I don't have any control over that, but I'm happy to speak to the rest of the guys and pass on any qualms or issues you might have.

I have to confess before I got involved with Hearts TV I hadn't been listening to it all that much in recent times, definitely missed the days of Mark being behind the mic. Won't try to emulate that anytime soon (I think I'm a bit too unbiased at times to compare with Donkey anyway :-p) but I'd like to think I'm putting in a half decent shift these days, and I do like to put in the time researching all the relevant stats etc. But of course, still learning so more than happy to take any critcism/suggestions on board when it comes to the audio side of things.

With many games coming up in the Championship that probably won't be covered on mainstream radio I imagine there might be more of a need for the commentary side of things, especially away from home, so hopefully we can do the team justice and keep fans in the loop on matchday.

I subscribed to it last month after wanting to watch one of the clips. It's only about a fiver.

But the picture quality is poor and I don't think you can get it on your phone which is quite bad really.

Think it'll get a revamp alongside the website surely?

Maybe I'm being a sad ******* here but I'm actually quite exited to see what the new website will look like.

The feelgood factor surrounding the Hearts right now might even see me subscribe to HeartsTV for the first time in years!!!

That ok?

Unless it's on the WWE thread where you spit the dummy.

Unless it's on the WWE thread where you spit the dummy.

Why you bringing other sports into this mate?

Maybe I'm being a sad ******* here but I'm actually quite exited to see what the new website will look like.

The feelgood factor surrounding the Hearts right now might even see me subscribe to HeartsTV for the first time in years!!!

:lol:

Kidding. I am too. The one we have is brutal.

They should bring back that Live TV channel.

Why you bringing other sports into this mate?

Its on this forum. Don't worry, I even defended you and it (even though I don't watch it now) from the trolls that have a go, as they were out of order.

Then noticed you have a go a lot outside that thread. Just an observation.

:jjyay:

Geoff Kilpatrick

It would help if they would actually allow people to renew!

:seething:

Its on this forum. Don't worry, I even defended you and it (even though I don't watch it now) from the trolls that have a go, as they were out of order.

Then noticed you have a go a lot outside that thread. Just an observation.

:jjyay:

Thanks for the kind words mate.

I'm hardly on the WWE thread now but I'll not go into it on here and derail the thread.

Thanks for the kind words mate.

I'm hardly on the WWE thread now but I'll not go into it on here and derail the thread.

Don't let trolls chase you from a thread...we all have hibs to troll ffs :lol:

Don't let trolls chase you from a thread...we all have hibs to troll ffs :lol:

I tend to stick to sending PM's about the wrestling now mate.

jambo in iraq

The website is getting a revamp soon, not my realm but I can certainly check what sort of changes will happen in terms of the Hearts TV side of things.

I'll be continuing as commentator for the new season after taking over midway through last campaign. If there is any ideas or feedback (positive and negative) please let me know as I'm still fairly new at this gig! Obviously in terms of the video side of it I don't have any control over that, but I'm happy to speak to the rest of the guys and pass on any qualms or issues you might have.

I have to confess before I got involved with Hearts TV I hadn't been listening to it all that much in recent times, definitely missed the days of Mark being behind the mic. Won't try to emulate that anytime soon (I think I'm a bit too unbiased at times to compare with Donkey anyway :-p) but I'd like to think I'm putting in a half decent shift these days, and I do like to put in the time researching all the relevant stats etc. But of course, still learning so more than happy to take any critcism/suggestions on board when it comes to the audio side of things.

With many games coming up in the Championship that probably won't be covered on mainstream radio I imagine there might be more of a need for the commentary side of things, especially away from home, so hopefully we can do the team justice and keep fans in the loop on matchday.

Thanks Laurie, actually i have no issue with commentary, that is fine. Although on more than a few occasions the stream quality is not so good. TV coverage was a real issue though, as everyone knows anytime Hearts stream a game it can be picked up on line free of charge from somewhere in the world. Christ I have even seen a game on TV here in Iraq on some obscure channel and i could hear the Hearts World commentary loader than the Arabic commentator who was obviously sitting in some studio in Baghdad and got excited when 'Dave Carrick' or 'Donald Wilson' got on the ball! My point is for more people to pay for the service it needs to provide something that you cannot get for free elsewhere with fewer interruptions. Would also suggest if you can get Robbo involved now and again i think people would genuinely tune in to listen him. He came across well in the Man City game.

Are there plans for reserve game commentary or recorded fans question times (open forums)? seen this done on a few of the club channels and in the spirit of the new Hearts regime of open management and future fans ownership this would be a great way to give the fans a voice in a non-formal environment such as an AGM or shareholders meeting.

jambo in iraq

It would help if they would actually allow people to renew!

:seething:

Yep, having the same problem here! What is the damn PROMO code?

Thanks Laurie, actually i have no issue with commentary, that is fine. Although on more than a few occasions the stream quality is not so good. TV coverage was a real issue though, as everyone knows anytime Hearts stream a game it can be picked up on line free of charge from somewhere in the world. Christ I have even seen a game on TV here in Iraq on some obscure channel and i could hear the Hearts World commentary loader than the Arabic commentator who was obviously sitting in some studio in Baghdad and got excited when 'Dave Carrick' or 'Donald Wilson' got on the ball! My point is for more people to pay for the service it needs to provide something that you cannot get for free elsewhere with fewer interruptions. Would also suggest if you can get Robbo involved now and again i think people would genuinely tune in to listen him. He came across well in the Man City game.

Are there plans for reserve game commentary or recorded fans question times (open forums)? seen this done on a few of the club channels and in the spirit of the new Hearts regime of open management and future fans ownership this would be a great way to give the fans a voice in a non-formal environment such as an AGM or shareholders meeting.

I know there have been issues with the video streaming side of things, the commentary doesn't usually go with it either as far as I'm aware because it doesn't always sync up very well (also I'm commentating for 'radio' so it would probably get a bit irratating with images as well).

The issue with Robbo may be his other media commitments, but I'll certainly put it past the guys and see if there is any flexibility on that side of things - maybe even to get a wee interview with him included as part of our matchday coverage (we generally have a settled 'team' for home games - me, Jimmy Sandison and Chalky White - but for away days it's often more tricky and we'll tend to go with one of the unstripped players (which last season was often difficult as you can imagine!).

Reserve games would be hard, simply in terms of resources/staff to get coverage - but we did cover the 20s cup final last season and if there is another 'big' occasion then I'm sure we could try to do something. I quite like the fans forum idea, or some kind of fan involvement that could be covered. Were you thinking just audio or video also?

I was looking to get more interaction with fans on matchday, which I have tried a bit in the past, possibly via the Hearts twitter feed. Nothing major, just thoughts on the team or performance etc - although some may have to be censored of course ;)

Remember when Hearts direct started, you used to be able to access it through interactive button on the old Virgin boxes?

jambo in iraq

I know there have been issues with the video streaming side of things, the commentary doesn't usually go with it either as far as I'm aware because it doesn't always sync up very well (also I'm commentating for 'radio' so it would probably get a bit irratating with images as well).

The issue with Robbo may be his other media commitments, but I'll certainly put it past the guys and see if there is any flexibility on that side of things - maybe even to get a wee interview with him included as part of our matchday coverage (we generally have a settled 'team' for home games - me, Jimmy Sandison and Chalky White - but for away days it's often more tricky and we'll tend to go with one of the unstripped players (which last season was often difficult as you can imagine!).

Reserve games would be hard, simply in terms of resources/staff to get coverage - but we did cover the 20s cup final last season and if there is another 'big' occasion then I'm sure we could try to do something. I quite like the fans forum idea, or some kind of fan involvement that could be covered. Were you thinking just audio or video also?

I was looking to get more interaction with fans on matchday, which I have tried a bit in the past, possibly via the Hearts twitter feed. Nothing major, just thoughts on the team or performance etc - although some may have to be censored of course ;)

I think audio would be fine, from say the Gorgie Suite or one of the supporters clubs. Could be a fundraiser sort of thing also. Special guests raffles that sort of thing. Bit like a hearts themed Question Time! Twitter idea would work on match days...

I am too, an area that AB has expertise in means it should be great. Also, because the old site is so old it's surely going to be a full revamp, rather than just an update.

Malcolm Tucker

2403705-5756962086-stone.gif

A macho ballet designed for spotty wee gimps, and 20-30 year old guys who wish they were spotty wee gimps again.

Pok?mon will be the next 'fad' that people of that nostalgia-daft age group go through when wrestling gets boring again.

A macho ballet designed for spotty wee gimps, and 20-30 year old guys who wish they were spotty wee gimps again.

Pok?mon will be the next 'fad' that people of that nostalgia-daft age group go through when wrestling gets boring again.

I'll bite.

Wrestling is one of the biggest sports in the world mate. Not nostalgia for majority of us.

:yas:

May have missed it somewhere (maybe even this thread...), but are there plans to show games via Hearts TV International this season?

The Great Khali

Wrestling is one of the worlds most successful sports mate so I can't see how it would get boring.

Poor post.

Malcolm Tucker

Wrestling is one of the worlds most successful sports mate so I can't see how it would get boring.

Poor post.

Wrestling. Rugby. Two sports I can't, and won't ever get on board with. You're not a spotty wee gimp, just as rugby fans aren't all called Farquar and Giles. But my hatred for them both is such that I get the stereotypes out.

Now, back on topic, I subscribe to Hearts TV but have forgotten my password and username. If Hearts are reading this, can I have 11 months worth of money back please?

Cheers.

I gave up on Hearts TV international years ago as it poor and a waste of money. There were issues with knowing a game is being shown, having no Audio on Alba game, and when a game was on... the stream would often crash. I'm sure people remember the weekly seethe threads about it all.

If the service was to been improved then I would resubscribe. For now there are plenty other streams to watch games.

Per Craigie's comment below, it needs to be more friendly for phones, tablets etc.

That goes for the website too - although I'm operating off a temporay phone after losing my last one and waiting for contract to renew.

Per Craigie's comment below, it needs to be more friendly for phones, tablets etc.

That goes for the website too - although I'm operating off a temporay phone after losing my last one and waiting for contract to renew.

I know the site revamp is going to be addressing the site's compatability for phones and tablets, so that is one improvement that should go down well.

I'll bite.

Wrestling is one of the biggest sports in the world mate. Not nostalgia for majority of us.

And the most fake sport in the world.

We_are_the_Hearts

Lol grown men into wrestling is tragic, has to be a wind up? Mind you I used to love copying the bush wackers when I was 12 :-)

rudi must stay

That ok?

It deserved that face, because it was very daft. They have about 2 presenters, and there's a video every day. Not nearly enough for a tv channel, I think even the most fanatical Jambo wouldn't watch that. We need to get success on the field then there'd be a need for it. I actually think its a good suggestion, way too soon for one at the moment though

One thing I would like to see change is that if u suscribe to the web page, u also have to sign up seperatly via the iphone app if u want to use it on ur phone, its rubbish and means setting up the laptop to listen to games/watch video, instead of streaming via phone.

Laurie ur doing a fine job, although one small thing is the announcing of goals. Naturally u dont want to appear to be too excited about the opponent scoring, however some times i found i had no idea that there was a goal due to sheer silence.

Other than that doing a top job and very informative and witty.

As others said, looking forward to the relaunched web page.

Ps) wrestling chat? :what: leave it out theres a thread in the shed

One thing I would like to see change is that if u suscribe to the web page, u also have to sign up seperatly via the iphone app if u want to use it on ur phone, its rubbish and means setting up the laptop to listen to games/watch video, instead of streaming via phone.

Laurie ur doing a fine job, although one small thing is the announcing of goals. Naturally u dont want to appear to be too excited about the opponent scoring, however some times i found i had no idea that there was a goal due to sheer silence.

Ps) wrestling chat? :what: leave it out theres a thread in the shed

Other Sports are occasionally mentioned on the Terrace what's the problem with Wrestling getting a mention? Chill man.

I had noticed the discrepancy between internet and iPhone when it comes to subscription. Hopefully it will be addressed with the upgrade but I'll be sure to mention it anyway.

Was there any particular games you recall when it wasn't clear the opposition scored? Apologies if that was the case, certainly wasn't intended. I only ask as usually I get comments in the opposite direction, that I wasn't biased enough and did get excited with opposition goals as well as Hearts ones :lol: Granted when we were on that awful run last season it was maybe grinding me down a bit and it maybe came across when we conceded yet another one!

I've had a subscription for a couple of years but never really used it. Tried to use it for commentary of the Man City game but couldn't log on on my iphone. I emailed them earlier and apparently -

"I can confirm you have an active online subscription. However, online and app both require separate subscription.

In order to access the content on your iPhone, you will need to purchase a separate iPhone subscription."

Really?

The new website and the coverage of games will be vastly improved next season - ITK? well my mate has taken it over. I will be passing on to him all comments good and bad, keep the suggestions flowing! I bend his ear every week over a few pints and he wants to know what the supporters want.

The new website and the coverage of games will be vastly improved next season - ITK? well my mate has taken it over. I will be passing on to him all comments good and bad, keep the suggestions flowing! I bend his ear every week over a few pints and he wants to know what the supporters want.

As an exiled fan, I just want reliable, live video coverage of as many games as possible. I'd be quite willing to pay a lot more than the 6 quid a month, or whatever it is at present, for Hearts TV International if the service was reliable, and with a good quality streaming feed.

Stewart MacD

Is Hearts TV more Mac-friendly nowadays? I subscribed years ago (twice) and cancelled each time. I use iPad mini now as well - how's reception on that?

Archived