Foyle Cup action for Hearts youngsters

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

Our Under 12s have opened their account in the 2014 Foyle Cup in Northern Ireland with a 3-0 win over Maiden City.

Josh Doig and Connor Smith scored in the first half, and Smith added a second after the break.

I take it it's only the under 12s we have there this year?

Many young boys in the under 14 team were left very disappointed when they were told they were not going.

Footballfirst

Here's some great photos from yesterday's game as posted on facebook, including a "different" goal celebration from Connor Smith

Footballfirst

Many young boys in the under 14 team were left very disappointed when they were told they were not going.

The issue was that the club didn't feel that it was appropriate to spend too much on the trip given that the club was in administration at the time when entries were taken. It was a late decision to even send the U12s (next seasons U13s), which was subsidised by HYDC.

The issue was that the club didn't feel that it was appropriate to spend too much on the trip given that the club was in administration at the time when entries were taken. It was a late decision to even send the U12s (next seasons U13s), which was subsidised by HYDC.

My cousin's lad plays for the U14 and he and his mates were devastated when they found out they could not go. Seemingly the unilateral decision was made without speaking to the parents, most of whom would have been happy to put their hand in their pocket for travel/accommodation costs for their lads.

I can understand that the Club were in Administration however, these young players are the future of HMFC. Unfortunate situation all round.

Dalstonjambo

http://www.newslette...-city-1-6192194

Hope this link works....

'The pressure did tell though on twenty minutes as Hearts playmaker Brodie Strang released Josh Doig on the left hand side and the number 10 lashed home a wonder strike with the outside of his left foot, leaving Hulbert helpless in Maiden?s goal.'

Get Brodie Strang in the first team immediately. Great name

Footballfirst

'The pressure did tell though on twenty minutes as Hearts playmaker Brodie Strang released Josh Doig on the left hand side and the number 10 lashed home a wonder strike with the outside of his left foot, leaving Hulbert helpless in Maiden?s goal.'

Get Brodie Strang in the first team immediately. Great name

He will be in 5 or 6 years time if he continues to develop as he has. He is one of the top prospects at the academy.

Footballfirst

Hearts U12s beat Coleraine FC 6-0 in their second group match.

That is quite a turnaround from last season's tournament, when the the same teams playing as U11 saw Hearts lose 4-1 in a group game. Hearts went on to lose 13-12 on pens in the final though, with Coleraine getting 3rd place.

scott herbertson

Hearts U12s beat Coleraine FC 6-0 in their second group match.

That is quite a turnaround from last season's tournament, when the the same teams playing as U11 saw Hearts lose 4-1 in a group game. Hearts went on to lose 13-12 on pens in the final though, with Coleraine getting 3rd place.

sounds like the coaching set up is already paying dividends

(only kidding before anyone seethes)

sounds like the coaching set up is already paying dividends

(only kidding before anyone seethes)

Rudi-Skacel-Hearts-1024_2700809.jpg

Footballfirst

It seems that Coleraine weren't happy with Hearts approach to today's game.

There was initially a seemingly innocuous comment on their Facebook page

https://www.facebook...7455654?fref=nf

"Meanwhile Coleraine FC Academy, under 12's suffered a defeat to Scottish side Hearts. Noticeable that Hearts scouts were working very hard at last nights game. Perhaps we should get some of them lol."

Then later this evening:

"Congratulations to a very professional scouting job.......however we expect professional teams to nurture the talent they spot not neutralise it to progress in a youth tournament"

With a photo (the orientation is down to Coleraine)

10410534_688399364587818_2482176229164575870_n.jpg

will-i-am-a-jambo

Hi Football FIrst,

I know you follow the Hearts youths quite a lot. You mentioned Broadie Strang as showing a lot of potential and was wondering if you an opinion on Joe Evenden? I work beside his Mum. I appreciate these guys are just kids and some won't make it etc

Cheers Will

jamboinglasgow

"Meanwhile Coleraine FC Academy, under 12's suffered a defeat to Scottish side Hearts. Noticeable that Hearts scouts were working very hard at last nights game. Perhaps we should get some of them lol."

Then later this evening:

"Congratulations to a very professional scouting job.......however we expect professional teams to nurture the talent they spot not neutralise it to progress in a youth tournament"

With a photo (the orientation is down to Coleraine)

10410534_688399364587818_2482176229164575870_n.jpg

That's a dig.

Footballfirst

Hi Football FIrst,

I know you follow the Hearts youths quite a lot. You mentioned Broadie Strang as showing a lot of potential and was wondering if you an opinion on Joe Evenden? I work beside his Mum. I appreciate these guys are just kids and some won't make it etc

Cheers Will

Joe is a really nice young lad. His main attribute is his exceptional pace and has scored some cracking goals. He's in a side that has a few talented individuals though, so it is very premature to look too far in the future.

I think each of the Academy youngsters go through a formal assessment twice a season and may be released at any of these points. He will have gone through at least four in his U11 and U12 years so the fact that he is still there says that someone at the Academy must rate him.

will-i-am-a-jambo

Ok cheers FF, very informative! I hope Joe does well and wish him luck!

Edit: I know his poor mum went through turmoil deciding which high school to send him to.

Sounds a little bitter - they were totally outplayed and outclassed by fantastic young Hearts team!!!

Winston Ingram

I find it odd we still send any teams at all to this event. Look at the opposition, basically Irish League teams at best. I understand being away "on tour" may well be beneficial for the kids but there must be stronger/more useful tournaments for them to play in.

Dalstonjambo

Then later this evening:

Very bitter and hoboesque from Coleraine that. If they are using phrases like 'lol' on their facebook page then perhaps they need to look at professionalism themselves

King Of The Cat Cafe

A lot of the county teams from Northern Ireland come from an amateur background and perhaps their officials are not quite at the pace of professional clubs (no disrespect intended).

Coleraine FC, though, would have pretensions to be contenders in the Irish League and should have no complaints about professional clubs showing a professional approach.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Third match for our U12s is against a local amateur club at 5pm today.

If only I had known before leaving home I would not have arranged to work in a different town today :)

Footballfirst

Third match for our U12s is against a local amateur club at 5pm today.

If only I had known before leaving home I would not have arranged to work in a different town today :)

Hearts have already won their group, as the two teams they have beaten can only match Hearts points total, and the head to head results are the next tie break.

Going by earlier results they should win the last group game comfortably and get a good seeding place for the quarter finals.

Winston Ingram

Very bitter and hoboesque from Coleraine that. If they are using phrases like 'lol' on their facebook page then perhaps they need to look at professionalism themselves

What does this mean? Tapping players before the game?

Dalstonjambo

No. Just not using teenage colloquialisms like 'lol' on a club Facebook page. Maybe i'm a grammar snob but it doesn't come across as anything other than amateur to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram

No. Just not using teenage colloquialisms like 'lol' on a club Facebook page. Maybe i'm a grammar snob but it doesn't come across as anything other than amateur to me.

Sorry- I meant what does the initial "allegation" mean? Re scouting and neutralising opposition.

Footballfirst

My reading of it is that Hearts had someone watching Coleraine's opening game. The suggestion thereafter is that Hearts identified Coleraine's best players and the Hearts players stopped them playing in an over physical manner, hence the photo of injured players.

Dalstonjambo

Sorry- I meant what does the initial "allegation" mean? Re scouting and neutralising opposition.

Ah sorry mate. Yeah think they are implying we stopped there best players playing. 6-0 suggests to me we just absolutely walloped them. That gets a 'lol' from me!

Footballfirst

Hearts also won their final game against Killea 6-0 to top the group and have the best record of all the qualifying teams for the quarter finals.

We should know their opponents later this evening.

Hearts also won their final game against Killea 6-0 to top the group and have the best record of all the qualifying teams for the quarter finals.

We should know their opponents later this evening.

FF,

Is this 2002 or 2003 that is over?

Footballfirst

FF,

Is this 2002 or 2003 that is over?

2002 - It is our U13s for next season. They are a bit behind the times over in N Ireland. :whistling:

2002 - It is our U13s for next season. They are a bit behind the times over in N Ireland. :whistling:

Ok,

Know someone whose son has just signed who is with the 2003 team and just wondered if he would be over.

Thanks.

kylelauren01

2003's should have been over this year but decision was made for 2002's to be only Hearts team to go over. 2003's and 04's are in at Riccarton from Tues-Fri instead as Paul Thomson has given up his time off from work to spend 12 hrs giving the boys extra coaching. Training next to the 1st team tomorrow and my lad is buzzing at the thought!!

King Of The Cat Cafe

Nicely teed up for the old joke:

Pilot to passengers on plane: "We have just landed at Belfast International Airport. Please put your watches back 300 years."

Great job by all the youngsters,a know the young lad Scott mcgill a tremendous talent,the big clubs all over Britain and Europe have been looking at him,great credit to the hearts set up at riccarton.

Hearts will play Derry Colts in the quarter finals at 5pm tomorrow

Cheers keep the updates coming.

jamboinglasgow

2003's should have been over this year but decision was made for 2002's to be only Hearts team to go over. 2003's and 04's are in at Riccarton from Tues-Fri instead as Paul Thomson has given up his time off from work to spend 12 hrs giving the boys extra coaching. Training next to the 1st team tomorrow and my lad is buzzing at the thought!!

great effort from Paul Thomson, hopefully all the extra coaching pays off on these players.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Andy Petrie was interviewed on local radio in Derry-Londonderry the other day about what a youth coach looks for in spotting the potential of youngsters.

Footballfirst

Was hearing Scott mcgill scored 5 goals from midfield in the 6-0 win tremendous stuff.

Scott's is another cracking prospect. He had been playing a year ahead of his age group for the last three seasons until the new year, when he rejoined the U12s. I don't know why that was as I felt he was holding his own with the U13s, unless it was a physical development issue as he is not the biggest.

Footballfirst

1-0 hearts vs derry

Are you there?

If they win they will play Donegal Schools in the semi final. Donegal beat Waterford 1-0 in the quarters

kylelauren01

It was the physical side which saw Scott drop back to his own year. He is small and he was coming up against much more physically developed boys. His dad is not unhappy at him coming back down and you're right he is a decent prospect

Archived