Annan on Sat - Wheatfield Stand

Juanjo

fabienleclerq

I just bought ten, this will have sneaked up on folk I reckon. Crowd of 6000 come game time imo. Remember aswell as forking out for a lot this year we've just had 12000 at ?20+ at a friendly and people have bought a lot of merchandise. Season tickets and summer holidays and I can see why folk might skip this.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regal Kingston

League Cup games against this standard of opposition usually bring 5 or 6 thousand. For this in an even lesser competition, pre-season, in the middle of the summer holidays I'd expect 4'000 maybe 5'000 at a push. The club have gauged this correctly in just opening the Wheatfield.

TIme will tell but I disagree.

Its usually a cold dark Tuesday night for the LC

Saturday 3pm in the summer should get at least a few more thousand.

I think we will need two stands.

TIme will tell but I disagree.

Its usually a cold dark Tuesday night for the LC

Saturday 3pm in the summer should get at least a few more thousand.

I think we will need two stands.

i agree! surely at tenner, with new season optimism, we can do better than one stand! thats how i see it anyway! i cant wait for match! bit gutted cant get my own seat in gorgie stand though.

Silvery_Moon

Are we really surprised at the slow ticket sales for this match? Just look at the crowds we have attracted for both the League and Scottish Cup over the last few seasons. This game was never going to attract that many. Sure, it's a nice day out but is an easy one to miss for those with other commitments such as family etc. who would normally make the effort to go.

Think tickets might pick up closer to game day.

I'm waiting on the birth of my wee one so will see how I go,intend to head along unless the missus is in labour!

League Cup games against this standard of opposition usually bring 5 or 6 thousand. For this in an even lesser competition, pre-season, in the middle of the summer holidays I'd expect 4'000 maybe 5'000 at a push. The club have gauged this correctly in just opening the Wheatfield.

Perhaps, and I can see your point - but your stats are averages and these are not average times at Hearts.

Diddy cup or not. Any excuse for a few scoops and a day out in Gorgie. Looking forward to it.

Diddy cup or not. Any excuse for a few scoops and a day out in Gorgie. Looking forward to it.

That would have been a plan and a Saturday KO lends itself to this very good idea.

Sadly though...i'm working so all bets are off.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Folk have shelled out for season tickets, new strips, Man City and Ibrox on the first day of the season to come, and that's on top of holidays etc. They can be forgiven for not bothering with a complete nothing of a cup tie.

Private Womble

2 days before payday for me, swithering- do I go to the game and go without cigarettes for the weekend?

Are you saying people aren't going because they can't sit in the other two stands?

Not saying that. But once afew thousand are bought people might not want to sit right down the front or up the back of section B when there is arguably better seats in main stand or Gorgie but they are not open. I think opening 2 stands as opposed to 1 could still have been a viable option for Hearts.

I am with this.

scott herbertson

Not saying that. But once afew thousand are bought people might not want to sit right down the front or up the back of section B when there is arguably better seats in main stand or Gorgie but they are not open. I think opening 2 stands as opposed to 1 could still have been a viable option for Hearts.

Are they not opening the Roseburn for Annan?

im not interested in paying the 11.5% admin fee online to print my own ticket, so will be going to the shop tomorrow.

Does it, really? Self congratulatory pish? Can't say I see it that way myself. 12K ST sold, ?6K raised at the FFD, folk running around giving up their time to organise and run events, folks spending a fortune at said events, folks designing and selling mug sets, 12K turning up for high end priced friendly, folks paying ?276 for a signed ball, folks buying raffle tickets for signed top and all against a backdrop of 8K people paying monthly to FOH.

I think Hearts fans have set an extremely high bar when it comes to getting behind their team. Most Scottish chairman would love to have a support like us behind them.

Only so much money in the pot for most folks mate.

^^^^^

This is all inportant to remember.

Hearts fans have been incredible. Dipping their hands in their pockets relentlessly for two years.

Not going, but still bought 2 tickets. Donated them to the family fundraiser yesterday

And thanks for that mate.

:thumbsup:

3 of us going , looking forward too it , Mickey Mouse cup or not !!!

HHGH

Got 3 on Saturday. Really looking forward to seeing the new guys and hopefully a few goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only the five

Can you go up to the ticket centre and purchase tickets on the day ? Or do you have to get them before game day?

Loanhead Jambo 85

Aye but if we get to the final then I'm sure we wont hear all the excuses, fans will be clambering for tickets the usual.

Are they not opening the Roseburn for Annan?

Yea I'd guess they are. I was just talking about stands from a hearts point of view, but you knew that though, didn't you.

Folk have shelled out for ... Ibrox on the first day of the season to come, ... They can be forgiven for not bothering with a complete nothing of a cup tie.

I prefer to spend my money on Hearts rather than Rangers.

?15 for me and my son a bargain.

I'm looking forward to Saturday. First time to see the new team in competitive action. Hoping for a few goals.

Matthew Le Tissier

And thanks for that mate.

:thumbsup:

Not a problem bud =)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe folk didn't understand my earlier post. Saturday is a competitive match and it's half the price of a friendly. Therefore I conclude some not all are more interested either in watching the opposition or has been quoted on multiple occasions, are not interested in the diddy cup. I just don't find that very loyal, and I was brought up self praise is no praise. I'll jog on now and promise to be in a cheerful mood come Saturday

Aye but if we get to the final then I'm sure we wont hear all the excuses, fans will be clambering for tickets the usual.

Well,it took 75 posts but we got there.....hurrah!!

Gorgie_Rules

Had a quick look and looks like we've only sold around 3000 tickets

Any idea how many Annan will bring? 200 maybe?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Had a quick look and looks like we've only sold around 3000 tickets

Any idea how many Annan will bring? 200 maybe?

50 if you are lucky, they are saving their money for the final

Getting mine tomorrow, even managed to talk a Liverpool fan at work to come along.

Hopefully atleast full the Wheatfield.

HHGH

fabienleclerq

im not interested in paying the 11.5% admin fee online to print my own ticket, so will be going to the shop tomorrow.

So ?1.50! I'm hoping you're in walking distance of the shop.

Hannibal Lecter

Bought my ticket for this the first day they went on sale.

I'll be there for the first competitive game of the new regime.

rossthejambo

More than likely, I'll be able to get a ticket for the final without going to a single game no doubt, much like the 5-1 final. True fans don't need to turn up for the diddy rounds.

mainstandjambo

Just done a dot count for this game.

A - 798

B - 395

C - 67

D - 5

E - 81

F - 432

G - 626

Total left to sell 2404

Probably around 3400 sold so far.

After that count I think I will keep to dot counting season ticket sales and league game sales

PsychocAndy

Struggling a bit for cash and a good few days before pay day but ,unless there is a milk and bread shortage in the house, me and the Wee Fella will be there. Pop in on Friday.

Geoff Kilpatrick

People want and will attend games more if it's 3pm on a Saturday.

Attendances will increase with cheaper pricing.

Two myths busted in one fell swoop.

Using a sample of one to draw a conclusion is a bit silly.

I'm going to the commonwealth games otherwise I'd be there. I hope a few more tickets get sold this week.

Correct,Geoff,a ridiculous argument.

It is the TV companies who are messing about with the KO times.

It is the norm now to get up at daft o'clock on a Sunday just to go to Easter Rd etc.

Doesn't make it right.

rossthejambo

I'm sure we'll have plenty opportunities over the season to draw these conclusions, but I'd be surprised if all the 3pm kick offs will affect attendances over the season.

Looking forward to seeing the new side in competitive action from the Wheatfield.

4 loyalty points likely to come in handy later in the season.

Sun forecast to be shining-what's not to like?

FarmerTweedy

People want and will attend games more if it's 3pm on a Saturday.

Attendances will increase with cheaper pricing.

Two myths busted in one fell swoop.

Don't forget about how people are bored with playing the same opposition again and again, and will flock to see us playing some different opposition for a change!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Don't forget about how people are bored with playing the same opposition again and again, and will flock to see us playing some different opposition for a change!

Given that we have outsold last season's ST numbers, those claims would appear to be true.

The bottom line is that if this is the only game we ever play in this competition it will be a good season.

FarmerTweedy

2 days before payday for me, swithering- do I go to the game and go without cigarettes for the weekend?

Smoking's for arseholes, get yourself to the game!

fabienleclerq

Exactly. It would take a sustained drop across the leagues to see an effect imo.

Tbh Saturday 3pm doesn't always suit me as I work shifts so Friday nights etc are easier for me.

Archived