Annan on Sat - Wheatfield Stand

Juanjo

FarmerTweedy

Given that we have outsold last season's ST numbers, those claims would appear to be true.

The bottom line is that if this is the only game we ever play in this competition it will be a good season.

Yeah, I was kidding really (well, to an extent)! Good point about only game we play in it, although I'd rather we go undefeated but never get to defend it!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smoking's for arseholes, get yourself to the game!

Watching Hearts is also not as bad for your health (sometimes).

I expect/hope that sales will pick up in the next few days. I assume the club will be doing a bit of promotion in the press/web any minute now.

Just had a look at etickets and I'd guess only about 3,000 or so sold. First competitive match under the new regime so I would be amazed if there isn't a late surge.

Where are our seats Dave? Assume I'm due you a tenner?

Where are our seats Dave? Assume I'm due you a tenner?

Wheatfield Section D. I got you a student ticket so only a fiver for you.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Wheatfield Section D. I got you a student ticket so only a fiver for you.

I was planning to give you my ?15 last weekend but have no recollection of doing so. I'll give you the money on Friday.

I was planning to give you my ?15 last weekend but have no recollection of doing so. I'll give you the money on Friday.

I was planning on just telling Dave I gave him the money, cos the nick he was in he would have no recollection either way.

Hold on...it's not a diddly cup until we're out - isn't that right?

Anyway, section D for me and junior. Can't wait.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I was planning on just telling Dave I gave him the money, cos the nick he was in he would have no recollection either way.

:lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Taking the positives, no waiting for pies and easy parking. Stay away please :shout:

Now now lads

jambo in iraq

Does it, really? Self congratulatory pish? Can't say I see it that way myself. 12K ST sold, ?6K raised at the FFD, folk running around giving up their time to organise and run events, folks spending a fortune at said events, folks designing and selling mug sets, 12K turning up for high end priced friendly, folks paying ?276 for a signed ball, folks buying raffle tickets for signed top and all against a backdrop of 8K people paying monthly to FOH.

I think Hearts fans have set an extremely high bar when it comes to getting behind their team. Most Scottish chairman would love to have a support like us behind them.

Only so much money in the pot for most folks mate.

couldn't agree with this more! well said

For what its worth I would be tempted to play the likes of Hamilton, Beith, McGee, Oliver, McKay and a few more of the young lads. I get the impression our first XI are more than good enough to compete in all the competitions this year bringing in a bit of income getting to the later stages of the cup competitions and maybe playoffs if we don't win it outright. Could be long season without the added distraction of a competition lacking any prestige or for that matter prize money. That said a win is a win, but whatever team we put out should be winning this game or we really should be worrying about squad depth!

MrWinningSmith

Hopefully there won't be a 20 minute wait for a pie :pleasing:

Captain Canada

Aye we're such terrible fans! Saving the club and selling so many season tickets is testament to what an incredible support we have.

A low gate against Annan won't change a thing. People can only give so much. It's not just the cost of entry to think about.

Personally I'm still paying off a sizeable credit card bill from bailing the club out when times were tough.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't think anyone has accused of being terrible fans. I'm still surprised on the low uptake for a very cheap game of competitive football, the first of the revival. But many have said themselves they think it's a diddy cup, nothing to do with finances

Don't think anyone has accused of being terrible fans. I'm still surprised on the low uptake for a very cheap game of competitive football, the first of the revival. But many have said themselves they think it's a diddy cup, nothing to do with finances

Maybe not terrible fans patter but we've had the tedious "aye,but you'll all be wanting a ticket for the final" dirge.

mainstandjambo

A - 752

B- 166

C - 25

D - 1

E - 39

F - 283

G -571

Total left 1837

Probably about 4000 sold so far.

The Treasurer

Maybe not terrible fans patter but we've had the tedious "aye,but you'll all be wanting a ticket for the final" dirge.

That was me that said that and I stand by it.

You just need to look at the "other diddy cup" (League Cup) for the same reaction until we managed to get to the final.

As has been said repeatedly, this is the first competitive game of the new regime, it's at 3pm on a Saturday, and it's only ?10 to get in.

What more do people want ?

You just need to look at the "other diddy cup" (League Cup) for the same reaction until we managed to get to the final.

As has been said repeatedly, this is the first competitive game of the new regime, it's at 3pm on a Saturday, and it's only ?10 to get in.

not to be playing in the challenge cup I would imagine. I'm going to the Commonwealth games so can't make it but would have gone otherwise but can't really blame anyone who feels that this is an easy one to miss.

bigis semiauskas

Epl lovers paying 25quid to watch the Wee teams B team rather than watching a competitive game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we go up to lift the Petrofac Training Cup...

Got a ring to it, dum de dum, dum de dum.

PsychocAndy

The Wee Fella picked up our tickets today, his first game as an adult. Feeling old.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

My mate picked up tickets for me, himself, his girlfriend and her daughter so that's another 4 going along.

someone to pay my train fare from England, cheers pal.

mainstandjambo

A - 666

B- 87

C- 9

D- 1

E- 32

F- 111

G- 514

1420 tickets left.

Almost 1000 tickets have been sold in the last 48hrs.

jambo in iraq

would someone please just buy that 1 ticket left in section D. Must be my OCD but that is really bothering me!

would someone please just buy that 1 ticket left in section D. Must be my OCD but that is really bothering me!

The answer is right there,mate.......!

portobellojambo1

When we go up to lift the Petrofac Training Cup...

Got a ring to it, dum de dum, dum de dum.

Possibly best sung whilst still sober, it could become a bit of a tongue twister after a few sherries :)

jambo in iraq

The answer is right there,mate.......!

lol, you're right I should! But just checked and it will cost me 1300 for the return flight at short notice. I was up for it but sadly I have lost any say in my life since i got married!

I wonder if The Rangers have made a decision yet where they want the final to be played if they are in it?

couldn't agree with this more! well said

For what its worth I would be tempted to play the likes of Hamilton, Beith, McGee, Oliver, McKay and a few more of the young lads. I get the impression our first XI are more than good enough to compete in all the competitions this year bringing in a bit of income getting to the later stages of the cup competitions and maybe playoffs if we don't win it outright. Could be long season without the added distraction of a competition lacking any prestige or for that matter prize money. That said a win is a win, but whatever team we put out should be winning this game or we really should be worrying about squad depth!

I don't buy into our squad is good enough any team we pick should win this game frame of mind. As we saw against Dundee the depth of quality in our squad is not that great. We are still in the process of rebuilding the club and the squad of players we have. This year our promotion isn't a Nap. A large number of our squad are still boys that are not ready to play week in week out.

No doubt IMO we are stronger than last year, but issues regarding the size and quality/experience of players remain.

Clerry Jambo

I wonder if The Rangers have made a decision yet where they want the final to be played if they are in it?

Good point Kiwi, may I suggest Murray Park Training Ground

I was up for it but sadly I have lost any say in my life since i got married!

But is she a Jambo?

Seymour M Hersh

Two bought this morning for me and the wife. Lad at the office said that they'd open the Gorgie stand if the Wheatfield sells out. Still plenty left though before that happens.

jambo in iraq

I don't buy into our squad is good enough any team we pick should win this game frame of mind. As we saw against Dundee the depth of quality in our squad is not that great. We are still in the process of rebuilding the club and the squad of players we have. This year our promotion isn't a Nap. A large number of our squad are still boys that are not ready to play week in week out.

No doubt IMO we are stronger than last year, but issues regarding the size and quality/experience of players remain.

No I agree, but to counter that. This is Annan Athletic at Tynecastle... It is exactly because our squad is not strong enough yet that these young boys NEED first team exposure when they can get it. Petrofac Cup will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We will look back on maybe winning it with the same affection we once had in the nineties when all we won was the Tennant's Sixes. It is also because our squad is thin that i would not risk the key players playing against a young team with something to prove trying to take a big scalp.

No way should we play a first team in this game or anything like it! in fact i may even include the league cup in that argument too. Sure would be nice to win, but we can't go chasing rainbows at this stage!

jambo in iraq

But is she a Jambo?

I work in Iraq and rotate living in Canada! took her to the Partick away (4-2) and Kilmarnock (5-0) game last season and now she thinks we are like Real Madrid, was an easy sell to be honest! She can't wait to see us in all the games in December, I would think she is the ONLY Hearts supporter in the world from Djibouti! :)

We_are_the_Hearts

Play our strongest team to try and get some momentum and then keep it, winning games breeds confidence and winners don't get tired, this resting players and rotating squads is a lot of pish, look at the likes of Barca, never hear about them being tired. It's an excuse for mediocre and inconsistent players. Most players will be injured or suspended at some point anyway.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No I agree, but to counter that. This is Annan Athletic at Tynecastle... It is exactly because our squad is not strong enough yet that these young boys NEED first team exposure when they can get it. Petrofac Cup will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. We will look back on maybe winning it with the same affection we once had in the nineties when all we won was the Tennant's Sixes. It is also because our squad is thin that i would not risk the key players playing against a young team with something to prove trying to take a big scalp.

No way should we play a first team in this game or anything like it! in fact i may even include the league cup in that argument too. Sure would be nice to win, but we can't go chasing rainbows at this stage!

Completely disagree. This is about getting a team to gel now. The young boys got all the time they needed last year, far too much due to circumstances for some. This is about getting our best team on the park, forgetting the snobbery, being humble, and going out as hard as we can to win the PTS Cup and hope we never ever have to play in it again.

Play our strongest team to try and get some momentum and then keep it, winning games breeds confidence and winners don't get tired, this resting players and rotating squads is a lot of pish, look at the likes of Barca, never hear about them being tired. It's an excuse for mediocre and inconsistent players. Most players will be injured or suspended at some point anyway.

This...

Completely disagree. This is about getting a team to gel now. The young boys got all the time they needed last year, far too much due to circumstances for some. This is about getting our best team on the park, forgetting the snobbery, being humble, and going out as hard as we can to win the PTS Cup and hope we never ever have to play in it again.

...and this.

Think it's important that we start our competitive season with a win, therefore the team that plays Rangers should be the team picked for Annan. Yes, it's the diddiest of diddy cups, but we're in it whether we like it or not. Might as well try to win it.

crunchy frog

Noticing Section D seems to be the ones going quickest recently. Is this because people want to be closer to the Budge? :rolleyes2:

Surprised there seems to be quite a few left in upper G. Is this because so many of the Gorgie Diggers Elite moved to lower G recently?

the general

lol, you're right I should! But just checked and it will cost me 1300 for the return flight at short notice. I was up for it but sadly I have lost any say in my life since i got married!

just buy the bliddy ticket anyway ... your obviously minted :-)

maroonlegions

Me to on the married front, still trying to highlight the point to the mrs that its only a tenner to get in and one must take advantage of this.lol.

jambo in iraq

just buy the bliddy ticket anyway ... your obviously minted :-)

I wish mate, marriage halved everything I own!

Archived