Annan on Sat - Wheatfield Stand

Juanjo

Official site says:

"Petrofac Training Cup First Round

Adults: ?10

Concessions: ?5

Wheatfield Stand open for home support."

Does this mean that ONLY the Wheatfield will be open?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Treasurer

Unless a few more "fans" decide that this competition is not beneath them and actually turn out to support the team.

I think it's quite sad that the first competitive game of the new regime and we are struggling to sell out one stand.

It's on a Saturday at 3pm, it's only ?10 to get in, can't see why people don't want to attend if they are able to.

I'm looking forward to this one. It'll be good to see how our new style works in a competitive match.

Couple of Pints > Match > Swift Pint > Home for Dinner

it has the makings of a very pleasant afternoon.

Come along!

Unless a few more "fans" decide that this competition is not beneath them and actually turn out to support the team.

I think it's quite sad that the first competitive game of the new regime and we are struggling to sell out one stand.

It's on a Saturday at 3pm, it's only ?10 to get in, can't see why people don't want to attend if they are able to.

Possibly been overshadowed by the Man City game.

Would expect a push for tickets this week, I haven't got mine yet but fully intend to go.

C'mon guys get yourselves along and support our new manager and new signings , just like last season get behind the team .

I for one am looking forward to our first competive match under our new regime .

C' mon the gorgie .

mattyw_1874

Don't have a spare ?10 till I get paid on the 25th. Hopefully still tickets available by then.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm looking forward to this one. It'll be good to see how our new style works in a competitive match.

Couple of Pints > Match > Swift Pint > Home for Dinner

it has the makings of a very pleasant afternoon.

Come along!

Pretty much my afternoon too. Looking forward to it.

I always remember the 2005 unbeaten run under Burley and it coming to an end on a cold night in Livingston in the League Cup. Jamie Mole started up front that night.

There is never certainties.

Sales will pick up closer to the time, there's 6 of us going but haven't yet picked up our tickets and I imagine a few folk will be in the same boat. That said I don't envisage a big crowd, 7000 maybe at a push.

heartsfc_fan

Sales will pick up closer to the time, there's 6 of us going but haven't yet picked up our tickets and I imagine a few folk will be in the same boat. That said I don't envisage a big crowd, 7000 maybe at a push.

We'll be lucky to get half that looking at the e tickets website.

the sub goalie

Got my tickets on Sunday and really looking forward to it.

?10 per ticket is great value.

I don't think I've ever misjudged the interest in a match so much before!

I appreciate that the Petrofac Training Cup is not exactly high on our list of desirable competitions and Annan are a side that most would expect us to beat, however this is the first competitive game of a new era, the first chance to see our new look team in a competitive tie and it also only costs ?10/?5 to get in - with a regular 3pm Saturday kick off.

Wasn't expecting a sell out by any stretch of the imagination but we're struggling to fill one stand at the moment, which is very disappointing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Kind of makes a mockery of a lot of the self congratulatory pish being posted elsewhere. Poor effort to date, 12000 for a friendly at twice the price? So folk aren't that interested to watch Hearts unless its against a big name?

rossthejambo

I'm not even remotely shocked at the lack of tickets getting sold tbh, the Saturday at 3pm selling factor is nowhere near as big as people would like to think.

I'm sure there'll be plenty walk up fans right enough but I'd be surprised if it was anywhere near 7/8,000. It's a glorified friendly really.

I don't think I've ever misjudged the interest in a match so much before!

I appreciate that the Petrofac Training Cup is not exactly high on our list of desirable competitions and Annan are a side that most would expect us to beat, however this is the first competitive game of a new era, the first chance to see our new look team in a competitive tie and it also only costs ?10/?5 to get in - with a regular 3pm Saturday kick off.

Wasn't expecting a sell out by any stretch of the imagination but we're struggling to fill one stand at the moment, which is very disappointing.

While agreeing sales have been poor, and I'm not expecting a big crowd,I still think it'll definitely pick up. A lot of folk will just know there's no rush as there's no chance of a sell out.

I also think a lot of people who are maybe not turned on by the idea of the game might end up going anyway when Saturday comes and they realise they can see a competitive Hearts game for ?10.

MrWinningSmith

I got my ticket on Friday night before the Man City game :pleasing:

While agreeing sales have been poor, and I'm not expecting a big crowd,I still think it'll definitely pick up. A lot of folk will just know there's no rush as there's no chance of a sell out.

I also think a lot of people who are maybe not turned on by the idea of the game might end up going anyway when Saturday comes and they realise they can see a competitive Hearts game for ?10.

Oh yeah I do fully expect a lot more people to get tickets between now and KO on Saturday. I still think it will be a relatively poor crowd though. Under normal circumstances I'd understand it, but with the start of a new era and with a new side to get a first proper glimpse at I thought there would be more interest.

Looking forward to it. First step on the road to a quadruple. First chance to see the new look side in competitive action. Only a regular number of subs allowed. Get to have a wee shot at sitting in the opposite side of the stadium. Saturday at 3.00pm. What's not to like?

heartsfc_fan

Wheatfield holds 5,900 I think - probably be more than enough for this.

Jamboman1512

Got my ticket on Friday, looking forward to it, ?10 a ticket, hell yes.

hmfc_liam06

People want and will attend games more if it's 3pm on a Saturday.

Attendances will increase with cheaper pricing.

Two myths busted in one fell swoop.

Jambo_Jarman

Bugger. I just agreed to swap shifts and work on Saturday. I thought it'd be ?20+ and was gonna save the extra cash for Ibrox. Had I known it was just a tenner I would have been there.

i don't think its been advertised perhaps as much as it could have been. i've not got my ticket yet as had to wait to be paid last night. will be getting mine through the week, and i hope there is a real push for tickets this week. ?10 is great value for money and as has been said, there must be more interest than there has been for the first competitive game of our new campaign.

come on jambos, lets start as we mean to go on and fill tynecastle

please?

Matthew Le Tissier

Not going, but still bought 2 tickets. Donated them to the family fundraiser yesterday

I expect/hope that sales will pick up in the next few days. I assume the club will be doing a bit of promotion in the press/web any minute now.

Just had a look at etickets and I'd guess only about 3,000 or so sold. First competitive match under the new regime so I would be amazed if there isn't a late surge.

loveofthegame

3 of us have bought tickets, although i'm now away for weekend so can't make it unfortunately.

Not presuming anything here, but would like to know for logistical reasons - when is the draw for the 2nd round? Can't find a date on the official sites.

Dagger Is Back

Kind of makes a mockery of a lot of the self congratulatory pish being posted elsewhere. Poor effort to date, 12000 for a friendly at twice the price? So folk aren't that interested to watch Hearts unless its against a big name?

Does it, really? Self congratulatory pish? Can't say I see it that way myself. 12K ST sold, ?6K raised at the FFD, folk running around giving up their time to organise and run events, folks spending a fortune at said events, folks designing and selling mug sets, 12K turning up for high end priced friendly, folks paying ?276 for a signed ball, folks buying raffle tickets for signed top and all against a backdrop of 8K people paying monthly to FOH.

I think Hearts fans have set an extremely high bar when it comes to getting behind their team. Most Scottish chairman would love to have a support like us behind them.

Only so much money in the pot for most folks mate.

Got my tickets the 2nd day of sales

Even got my own seat

Wonder how many threads we will see for spare tickets for the derby on the 16th for people who 'fancy the game' should it sell out but they havnt got a ticket.

Its a chance to hopefully see a resounding victory against 'new' opposition

First competitive gAme under a:

New owner

New management team

New players

Yes its not a 'glamour' tie, but its OUR club, at OUR stadium! And at a time and price that is massively appealing to almost all.

As for those who i have seen who can go but wont (but will buy a ticket to get 4 loyalty points) gtf!

People want and will attend games more if it's 3pm on a Saturday.

Attendances will increase with cheaper pricing.

Two myths busted in one fell swoop.

Friday night is a great time for sport.

Any dot counters active for this game? This small crowd turn out is intriguing me just a bit.

Holiday time still for a lot of folk. I've got a golf day on so won't be there and I'm sure there are plenty of others who have things on that were booked well before the antcipation of Hearts having a competitive fixture this early.

Not much of an excuse as anyone could've found the dates for the Challenge Cup but I don't think of the football season starting until August and I am sure I'm not alone in having things like this planned instead. Hope there is a decent enough crowd but I won't lose much sleep over it if there isn't!

john brownlee

On holiday ....and all the family that's three tickets not bought sorry folks......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hmfc_liam06

Maybe Hearts should have opened more than one stand in the first place.

Are you saying people aren't going because they can't sit in the other two stands?

hmfc_liam06

Friday night is a great time for sport.

I actually quite enjoy a Friday night game. Knock off work, out for a few beers, match, more beers. Rest of the weekend is my own then.

Only Hearts could sell 12,000 season tickets and have fans slate other "fans" (:facepalm:) for not being interested in turning up to the diddiest of the diddy cups against Annan Athletic.

I'll be at the Commonwealth Games so am missing it. I thought a crowd of 6-7,000 would be a good turnout for this game

Dalstonjambo

I am unable to go as in Italy for a family wedding, but have bought 2 tickets that my dad and I usually would have used but gave it to a family member who is taking along his son. They don't go often, so hopefully the wee one catches the bug and asks his Dad to go again. That's my aim.

Prince Buaben

Are you saying people aren't going because they can't sit in the other two stands?

I wouldnt put it past being the case that folk only want to sit in 'thier' seat.

Regal Kingston

Myself and a few pals are going - was hoping it was cash at the door.

?10 a ticket! superb!

Take your kids - take your auld dad/grandad!

Summer festival atmosphere and a sneak peak at the new team

I expect a late surge in ticket sales.

Maybe 8000 or so.

hmfc_liam06

I wouldnt put it past being the case that folk only want to sit in 'thier' seat.

I'd invite them to never return if that's the case.

Maroon Tart

I bought my 2 tickets yesterday. Looking forward to it. A couple of pre match beers and an afternoon down at Tynecastle, perfect!

League Cup games against this standard of opposition usually bring 5 or 6 thousand. For this in an even lesser competition, pre-season, in the middle of the summer holidays I'd expect 4'000 maybe 5'000 at a push. The club have gauged this correctly in just opening the Wheatfield.

League Cup games against this standard of opposition usually bring 5 or 6 thousand. For this in an even lesser competition, pre-season, in the middle of the summer holidays I'd expect 4'000 maybe 5'000 at a push. The club have gauged this correctly in just opening the Wheatfield.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 loyalty points which might make a difference to the odd person looking for a ticket for Ibrox

Archived