Israel starts ground offensive in Gaza.

Eckauskas

Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, orders military to begin ground offensive in Gaza.

It's all kicking off today.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Depressing. Another rogue state masquerading as a grown up country.

rossthejambo

Any other countries started doing this, there would be sanctions galore.

Any other countries started doing this, there would be sanctions galore.

Yep, but watch as the world sits back and does feck all as usual.

Tossers.

Fourcandles

Israeli prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, orders military to begin ground offensive in Gaza.

It's all kicking off today.

Pronounced Benjamin WhataYahoo.

This coupled with the Malaysian Airways news has made for a thoroughly depressing day.

This comes after Israel were bombing the main hospital in Gaza today as well. There needs to be some kind of intervention, not that there will be but the amount of civilian casualties is simply unacceptable.

scottish_chicP
I thought there was a cease fire?

FFS

It was a 5 hour cease fire and pretty sure it was broken before that.

Gregory House M.D.

Israel :facepalm:

Sad fact is, as long as they have their big chums America, they'll continue to behave like this with little fear of sanctions. Especially given the only people willing to stand up to them are America's sworn enemies, Iran.

The Comedian

Israel as a state can act with impunity it seems.

I don't follow the situation there but I did have sympathy for them however not now.

I feel they've completely lost the PR battle which I'd put down to social media. The results of their work cannot be hidden.

deesidejambo

Maybe Hamas could try stopping sending rockets over.as they were told to at the outset Sorry thats non right-on.

While Israel's response has been wholly disproportionate as usual, Hamas have to bear a lot of responsibility for the situation as they rejected the Egyptian proposed ceasefire. Israel creating Palestinian martyrs is what got them into power in the first place and you get the impression Hamas would like this to continue.

AlphonseCapone

This is obviously really bad news and I am not defending Israeli actions but I also note the Egyptians were really critical of Hamas for the ceasefire negotiations failing earlier.

Gregory House M.D.

Maybe Hamas could try stopping sending rockets over.as they were told to at the outset Sorry thats non right-on.

What on earth is non-right on? :lol:

Is it "right on" to say that hidden rockets does not give Israel the right to bombard schools?

Is it "right on" to say that Israel have Gaza under their thumb at all times with restrictions of goods?

Back a dog into a corner and it will fight it's way out.

If you choose to believe Israel would stop persecuting their people if they stopped firing rockets over the border then that's up to you.

Remember this started with 3 Israeli lads murdered.

Where else does half the "civilised" world defend or take part in killing children in response? Most of us find the killers, get them in court and they are punished.

Do people suggest this is the way to do things?

People conned by Israel.

3fingersreid

Whilst not condoning Israel actions the fact that Hammas have allegedly sent over 1300 missiles was always going to get an exaggerated Israeli response

The world is a hellish place right now unfortunately

This. Hamas bringing a lot of this on the Palestinian people.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

IMO Hamas has every right to fire rockets at Israel, they have been illegally occupied by a foreign power for the last 50 years. They are basically living in a prison created by Israel where by every part of their lives is controlled by them. Folk seeing their whole towns wiped out so folk from Europe & the USA can go back to the promise land and the whole world has just watched and turned a blind eye. So again before folk come out with all this terrorist piss and they bought it on themselves can you just tell me what you expect the Palestine people to do? Just roll over and died? When the nazi's invade Poland & France were the poles & French who fought against them terrorist?

Also anyone who thinks Hamas is some how in control of anything in Gaza is kidding themselves, Israel has completely destroyed them as a organisation, even their pathetic attempts of calling a crease fire when they didn't even speak to anyone in Gaza or Hamas. I'll be gald once Israel just kills everyone in Gaza, at least it will be over and folk can say it's ended terrorism.

Whilst not condoning Israel actions the fact that Hammas have allegedly sent over 1300 missiles was always going to get an exaggerated Israeli response

The world is a hellish place right now unfortunately

Yeah, that's because Israel has said they have sent that many rockets, 1 once in Israel has being killed by these 1300 rockets, and 50 folk injured. While Israel has killed 250 people, 75 of them children and injured nearly 2000. Aye that seems like a fair fight aye?

Israeli tactics in these situations are appalling and are seldom reported. My ex wife's family are Lebanese and I heard a few things after the last time they invaded Lebanon. A good example being that they dropped leaflets on Tyre telling people to leave as they were going to bomb it. Reported in the western media as being an example of humanity. What wasn't reported was that the leaflets were dropped the day after they had bombed and destroyed the roads and bridges out of the city.

When the nazi's invade Poland & France were the poles & French who fought against them terrorist?

I stopped reading here. Awful. :(

3fingersreid

Yeah, that's because Israel has said they have sent that many rockets, 1 once in Israel has being killed by these 1300 rockets, and 50 folk injured. While Israel has killed 250 people, 75 of them children and injured nearly 2000. Aye that seems like a fair fight aye?

Do me a favour and read he first 5 words I've written in the post please , thank you

Now can I ask how I decide who's telling the truth or at least the least lies in this conflict ?

a conflict that that no one will or can win ?

Israel have been getting away with the brutality for years. It's absolutely disgusting at the treatment the people of palastine have endured at the hands of these murderers.

I am sick of Israel. Suffering a terrible history doesn't give you the right to act like complete dicks.

MrWinningSmith

Can somebody school me on the Israel/Palestinian conflict? In basic terms.

I take it there's no chance of anyone giving the Palestinian people their own state off bits of land they don't want anymore? Like we did with the Jews?

Surely someone, somewhere has a spare few square miles they could give away. It's not perfect but it's a start.

Governor Tarkin

IMO Hamas has every right to fire rockets at Israel, they have been illegally occupied by a foreign power for the last 50 years. They are basically living in a prison created by Israel where by every part of their lives is controlled by them. Folk seeing their whole towns wiped out so folk from Europe & the USA can go back to the promise land and the whole world has just watched and turned a blind eye. So again before folk come out with all this terrorist piss and they bought it on themselves can you just tell me what you expect the Palestine people to do? Just roll over and died? When the nazi's invade Poland & France were the poles & French who fought against them terrorist?

Also anyone who thinks Hamas is some how in control of anything in Gaza is kidding themselves, Israel has completely destroyed them as a organisation, even their pathetic attempts of calling a crease fire when they didn't even speak to anyone in Gaza or Hamas. I'll be gald once Israel just kills everyone in Gaza, at least it will be over and folk can say it's ended terrorism.

Good post.

I am genuinely shocked and saddened by the anti - Israel comments on this thread.

Some of the pro Hamas (as if they were somehow the champions of freedom and democracy! ) comments are even worse. :(

Very worrying.

Gregory House M.D.

Don't think anyone is pro-Hamas TBH :unsure:

Not sure how you can be shocked by people being anti-Israel.

Can I ask why you are saddened by it?

I am genuinely shocked and saddened by the anti - Israel comments on this thread.

Some of the pro Hamas (as if they were somehow the champions of freedom and democracy! ) comments are even worse. :(

Very worrying.

Shocked and saddened that some people take exception to hospitals getting bombed by Israel?

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

You'd think Israel and it's people would have a zero tolerance policy on genocide in light of recent history...

jack D and coke
Can somebody school me on the Israel/Palestinian conflict? In basic terms.

It's very complicated. Basically Britain gave them Palestine to settle on after the 2nd WW after years of persecution after originally intending to give them Uganda and they have gradually taken more and more of the land until Palestine is a tiny fraction of what it was pre 1945. The money from rich Jews from America and the UK etc has seen them buy up the land and also put up a 5 metre high $1billion wall to fence them in.

a7u4y4ud.jpg

It can't be completely blamed on Israel of course they have been under attack almost since that day from all sides but their behaviour is getting out of control for me. I've completely lost respect for them. This is a very basic description but Wikipedia is a decent place to get a handle on it.

AlphonseCapone

It sickens me how a such a tragic event that has spanned decades has turned into something like the old firm in people's minds, what side do you support? You don't like what either are doing, aye but who do you not like more?

The UN should just read facebook, this crisis has been solved a thousand times over by the geniuses on there.

You'd think Israel and it's people would have a zero tolerance policy on genocide in light of recent history...

Genocide?

Disgusting comparison. Quite shameful.

The Real Maroonblood

It's very complicated. Basically Britain gave them Palestine to settle on after the 2nd WW after years of persecution after originally intending to give them Uganda and they have gradually taken more and more of the land until Palestine is a tiny fraction of what it was pre 1945. The money from rich Jews from America and the UK etc has seen them buy up the land and also put up a 5 metre high $1billion wall to fence them in.

a7u4y4ud.jpg

It can't be completely blamed on Israel of course they have been under attack almost since that day from all sides but their behaviour is getting out of control for me. I've completely lost respect for them. This is a very basic description but Wikipedia is a decent place to get a handle on it.

That graph is really quite eye opening.

Vincent B.A

A truly horrific post

fabienleclerq

Nobody has a right to fire rockets at innocent people, that goes for both sides. You say illegally occupied by a foreign power but that lands been swapped so many times over the years who's to say who owns it! Israel iiirc or some form of it was meant to be around in like 100 or 1000 bc.

Hamas are terrorists, I can't think of any other name for them tbh. Then the Israeli government are even bigger terrorists.

What a mess, the only way to stop it is to talk but I get the feeling neither want too, Israel poke and prod the Palestinians into violence by flattening towns and restricting trade and movement. And Hamas are only too happy to resort to firing rockets and making statements about no peace till Israel is gone.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Genocide?

What would you characterise the mass killing of civilians for quasi-religious reasons as then chief?

The native Americans got their reservations in America, the Palestinians have theirs in Israel.

What would you characterise the mass killing of civilians for quasi-religious reasons as then chief?

Ethnic cleansing?

rossthejambo

Genocide?

Israel are effectively trying to get rid of Palestinians, its not far off.

In what way?

Where do you start?

Nobody has a right to fire rockets at innocent people, that goes for both sides. You say illegally occupied by a foreign power but that lands been swapped so many times over the years who's to say who owns it! Israel iiirc or some form of it was meant to be around in like 100 or 1000 bc.

Hamas are terrorists, I can't think of any other name for them tbh. Then the Israeli government are even bigger terrorists.

What a mess, the only way to stop it is to talk but I get the feeling neither want too, Israel poke and prod the Palestinians into violence by flattening towns and restricting trade and movement. And Hamas are only too happy to resort to firing rockets and making statements about no peace till Israel is gone.

A couple of things, you talk about this land swap as it was done over a deck of decks or something, by that logic all Americans should leave the us and let the natives Americans back onto their lands. The major difference is that these people were born there, that has being their home for centuries, they weren't even consulted when the UN decided that they were going to create Israel. Hamas has only grow because Israel has destroy any proper government there has ever being for the Palestine people, again if you were told that Edinburgh was going to be destroy and everyone was getting shifted to Livingston and a 5 meter wall was going to be build so you couldn't leave what would you do? There is no other word for it but ethical cleanse, as much as its wrong for hamas to fire rockets, what are they meant to do? Israel wont even talk to them directly. Lets not forget that the UN has over 50 previous charges against Israel and nothing has being done. I also find the comment that Hamas is happy to fire comments a bit insulating, i see a people trying to avoid its race being wiped out and it results in terrible crimes being committed. Israel has no intention in talking with anyone, if it did it would have listened to its allies a long time ago when they did quietly put pressure on them behind the scenes to sit down and talk.

Peace will only ever come if they sit down and talk, the problem is that so much blood has being spilled that revenge is more important to some folk then future peace.

Vincent B.A

In what way?

Firstly I'm not defending Israel here but the post is one of the worst things I've read on kb for a while.

Isreal has not illegally occupied Palestine for 50 years. Israel's existence is fully recognised by the UN and is a legal country.

comparing Isreal to nazis - crass

Hoping that everyone in Gaza is dead - sick

Pete Seeger

Where do you start?

Start anywhere you like. You'll struggle to prove that what's going on isn't too dissimilar to genocide. The actions of Israel have been absolutely disgusting for years. It's indefensible.

Israel commits horrendous actions but genoicde? If they are trying to commit genocide, they're pretty bad at it. The Palestinian population has grown over 100% since 1970. That's not to mention the numerous Israeli citizens of Palestinain decent who manage to live their lives without being slaughtered.

It's a shame when debate is cheapened by using terms that are totally inapplicable to the situation.

Archived