Will anyone actually watch an SPL game next season?

i8hibsh

May stretch to a Dundee derby but I couldn not give the smallest of shites about it without us.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bilel Mohsni

If one's on in the boozer pre or post match, I'll glance around as often as I will a SKY TV League match. Infrequently and mostly out of morbid curiosity.

Am I right in saying that BBC ALBA have exclusive rights to the championship? if so they must be rubbing their hands.

Yes - will watch the highlights shows most weeks.

The whole "SPL is rubbish" patter sounds like Rangers fan dans - the SPL will still have some decent games in it despite Hearts and Hibs dropping down this year.

oh ah grantona

I only watch if Hearts are involved if not at game anyway. I would rather watch an English game than a scottish game

Unlikely mainly because the outcome will be Celtic by a country mile. I may show an interest nearer the ends when it's play off time if it has a concern for us.

chester copperpot

Am I right in saying that BBC ALBA have exclusive rights to the championship? if so they must be rubbing their hands.

BT Sport chief.

There'll be more interest in the championship matches next year as Cellick will run away with the league again, rendering most games pointless.

With Rangers relative poorness (in comparison to years gone by) and the 3rd and 4th biggest supported clubs in the country in the championship next season, all looks like being a decent prospect which should hopefully mean a good few quid filtering their way down to the Cowdenbeaths/Alloas/Dumbartons of the championship.

I'd place a bet the biggest domestic scottish fixture for TV this season will be the Edinburgh derby, unless the Bigots draw each other in a cup match!

Gregory House M.D.

Dundee "derby" is a crock of shite.

Won't watch a single game, not because Hearts aren't there bit because it'll be utterly dreadful and is populated nearly entirely by diddies.

tartofmidlothian

No, but I'll no doubt keep an eye on the results.

Hoping SPH stays up. Not fussed about who goes down, although funny if it was Aberdeen. I hope the second worst team in the league are as bad as the worst, just in case we end up playing them.

thing is, the standard of Scottish football is appalling, if it wasn't for hearts i would have zero interest in it,

thing is, the standard of Scottish football is appalling, if it wasn't for hearts i would have zero interest in it,

Absolutely. If Hearts did go belly up, I would probably never watch a Scottish football match again.

Yes - will watch the highlights shows most weeks.

The whole "SPL is rubbish" patter sounds like Rangers fan dans - the SPL will still have some decent games in it despite Hearts and Hibs dropping down this year.

I would only ever watch Sportscene if Hearts won - so clearly I never watched it much last season. I find that little nauseating pipsqueek Jonthan Sutherland insufferable. Watching Celtic win 4 nil every week holds no appeal to me.

tartofmidlothian

Absolutely. If Hearts did go belly up, I would probably never watch a Scottish football match again.

These all the way. For personal reasons I'd probably keep a half-assed eye on Raith's scores, that would be it.

Nope - no interest in any other team apart from Hearts. Scottish football sucks and it's all Rangers and Celtics fault.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nope. I will keep an eye on the table for potential playoff opponents though.

You could ask the same thing about English games.

I still like watching it as it is a ritual with me and my mates - sessions in the boozer etc but the World cup showed the EPL up for what it is. And that is by some distance not the best league in the world. I mean how many EPL (not just english but all EPL) players stood out in the WC? How many EPL players in the last rounds of the WC? very few.

rossthejambo

If there's games on on a Sunday there's every chance I'll give them a watch, same way I'd probably watch English games.

I actually don't mind watching Scottish football now and again, stops me becoming ignorant about other teams/players.

Can't wait to tune in to live coverage of Ross County v Hamilton.

Can't wait.

St Mirren v ICT all the way for me.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I still like watching it as it is a ritual with me and my mates - sessions in the boozer etc but the World cup showed the EPL up for what it is. And that is by some distance not the best league in the world. I mean how many EPL (not just english but all EPL) players stood out in the WC? How many EPL players in the last rounds of the WC? very few.

Aye, mainly just ritual and habit for me too.

Sepp's Bladder

will maybe pay more attention towards the end of the season to scout the potential play-off team but apart from that no.

tbh i only really watch hearts and Scottish teams in Europe. Cannot for the life of me remember when I last made a point of watching a Scottish match not concerning hearts...

This.

Only intrested in hearts.

You could ask the same thing about English games.

I'll watch very few English games. They generally bore me. Same with the Champions league.

I can't see myself watching any SPL games unless there's nothing else on.

Will look out for County, especially if it's v ICT and might go along to a midweek game if my mates are going.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'll watch very few English games. They generally bore me. Same with the Champions league.

I can't see myself watching any SPL games unless there's nothing else on.

Aye, I'm no really that fussy myself. If it's on in the pub before or after I've been to the game, aye. Very rarely bother otherwise.

punkrockcroc

What's the point it won't concern Hearts and before anybody says 'it could if we finish 2nd'' well I don't think so and fully expect us to win it.

I barely even noticed the top half of the table last season, so will have zero interest this season. The championship is where it's at!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Definitely be watching the Premier as well. Not with any great interest, other half is a sheep so would imagine she will be glued to Sportscene. It still has relevance as is in who we might play in cups, players we may sign, importantly who Rangers will play in a play off. Like some others though, if Hearts had ceased I doubt I would ever have watched a Scottish match again

How many EPL players in the last rounds of the WC? very few.

From countries reaching at least the 1/4 finals there were 37 EPL players by my count, with 6 in the Final. Not too bad considering!

Ozil, Mertesacker, Podolski, Schurrle, Joel Campbell, Vlaar, Van Persie, Krul, Worm, De Guzman, Hazard, Courtois*, Lukaku, Mirallas, Fellaini, Januzaj, Chadli, Dembele, Vertonghen, Paulinho, Luiz**, Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Fernadinho, Sahko, Evra**, Lloris, Debauchy, Sissoko, Remy, Koscielny, Giroud, Schneiderlin, Aguerro, Zabaleta, Demichelis!

*will be next season and owned by Chelsea

** know they are moving away from the EPL for next season

There is almost no chance of any game outwith Celtic being involved, reaching 10K crowd, so no atmosphere in the SPFL. I would imagine Raith, Falkirk and Livi will bring decent support to Tynecastle, certainly more than you ICT, Ross County, St Mirren etc etc

Prince Buaben

Wont go out my to watch it. If its on in the boozer or nothing else on. None of the games really appeal to me.

Aye. In the pub if there's a game on. I'll no g out my way to watch but if there's a decent sounding game I'll probably watch the highlights online

I'll tune in every now and again, depends when its on. Sheep v Arabs matches are usually worth catching and the Dundee Derby will be worth a look in. Obviously won't have the same interest as other years though as it won't matter to me one jot who might win.

Optimus Prime

Don't get this if it doesn't involve Hearts them I'm not interested patter. Yes i'll watch some games, probably a little less because the team i support doesn't play in that particular league anymore. However I'll still watch it, read about it and keep tabs on it the same way i would with the EPL, English Championship, Champions League, Serie A, Bundesliga etc.

letsalldothebeattie

Might watch the Dundee derbies at a push but other than that the league isn't going to be worth watching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colinmaroon

May stretch to a Dundee derby but I couldn not give the smallest of shites about it without us.

That's a really good question and, I have to say, "Very unlikely!"

Since I hardly ever watched Sportscene previously, I'll not be watching it at all. SPFL on YouTube will do for any outstanding matches, like Celtic getting gubbed 5-0.

Gene Parmesan

Dundee derbies, the odd interesting game with the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell. Occasionally if someone has a chance of doing something against Celtic.

So, in short, yes.

Bbc alba has the 'live' rights to 16 championship games this season

This includes/excludes:

NO Rangers games at all Home/Away*

A maximum of 2 visits to a stadium per season

And IIRC games are to be on a friday night

No single edinburgh derby

*this is obviously league only hence why the petrofac cup is on the channel

So figuratively we could see games vs alloa / qots / falkirk / raith / cowdenbeath / livi or dumbarton moved to a friday night either home or away should they decide. As could Hi** obviously but its a possibility

As happy as i am with hearts being on tv, i hope its not many home games / qots away

Sneaking suspicion either Livi away or dumbarton away will ge moved

Archived