Best goal of the World Cup 2014

gingerjambo190512

Tommy Wiseau

James for me as well. Cahill's was a wonder goal, but the control and skill involved in Rodriguez's was something else. Not a hint of luck involved.

Gregory House M.D.

James. Killed the ball stone dead with the chest and then an unbelievable finish with ball so close to him.

Tim Cahills for me. The technique used was better than James. To watch a 60 yard cross field ball and smash it in first time on the volley was sublime.

gorgie rd eh11

The degree of difficulty for Cahill's goal was greater so i would go for that. James's goal was a thing of beauty, chest. volley. under side of the bar but the timing of Cahill hitting something coming out of the sky and across him was something else.

gingerjambo190512

Rodriguez.

Then Cahill

Then David Luiz.

I think Messi's free kick v Nigeria was better than Luiz's

I'd say McGowan's shot that deflected off Cahill! Some strike by Ryan!! Skacel must have taught him that!!

Kalamazoo Jambo

The one that hasn't been scored yet.

I'd put the German goal third after James and Cahill.

Thunderstruck

I'd say McGowan's shot that deflected off Cahill! Some strike by Ryan!! Skacel must have taught him that!!

Staggering that nobody else noticed that!!!

Hot since 86

RVP, you just don't see goals scored like that, a diving headed lob? :pinilla:

The other goals (with the exception of maybe James & Cahill) you could see nearly once a week in the Premiership.

RVP, you just don't see goals scored like that, a diving headed lob? :pinilla:

The other goals (with the exception of maybe James & Cahill) you could see nearly once a week in the Premiership.

100% in agreement. A goal that was a combination of assessment of the situation, great decision making and perfect execution. Name another goal like it.

Agree with the usual top three. In terms of the general context of the matches they came in, the two that had me furthest out of my seat were Cahill's and Jermaine Jones against Portugal.

Archived