Kevin Kyle (merged threads)

arfurdaley

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Price

I can watch that video all day long and it will still put a smile on my face.

MrWinningSmith

That was some feeling when that goal hit the back of the net. JJ's celebration always makes me smile :pleasing:

Correct me if I'm wrong, were we still on the edges of the title race which was eventually put to bed after the defeat to Celtic a bit later?

This was a great moment. Late in the game, v the tramps and in the back of our minds we were still in touching distance of the OF.

Five to One

Great cross. Such a shame about Kyle and his injuries. On his day he was a nightmare for any defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong, were we still on the edges of the title race which was eventually put to bed after the defeat to Celtic a bit later?

This was a great moment. Late in the game, v the tramps and in the back of our minds we were still in touching distance of the OF.

Think we'd had a good few months that season with Special K leading the line. Was surprised he only played 19 games for the JT's according to wiki.

Mind when that f@nny Murray tried to nail him at Easter Road and came away with a burst face :laugh4:

Think we'd had a good few months that season with Special K leading the line. Was surprised he only played 19 games for the JT's according to wiki.

Mind when that f@nny Murray tried to nail him at Easter Road and came away with a burst face :laugh4:

aye, because of his character and the way he took to Hearts you'd think he'd been playing for us for years.

I think we saw the last stages of the best of KK and it benefited us.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He was more than a cult hero. We were pushing the OF with him up front and fell away once he went out injured.

rossthejambo

Was 1-0 going on 5, absolutely battered the shite that day, would have been a disgrace if we didn't win.

Gregory House M.D.

Kevin Kyle had the great advantage of not being Christian Nade. He was a cult hero before he'd even kicked a ball with a lot of people. Don't think he was all that good a player but a likable guy who loved his time here.

Won 11 out of 12 games and after beating rangers 1-0 with a Stevenson goal a few people started to dream including myself...

We were only 7 behind Celtic and played them on the wed night after the rangers game and ESPN had us as genuine contenders in the build up

We then got pumped 4-0 and the dream died

Form actually deteriorated quite badly after that and we scraped third by two points after being 25 ahead of UTD at one point

Love being a jambo

Pants Shaton

Kevin Kyle had the great advantage of not being Christian Nade. He was a cult hero before he'd even kicked a ball with a lot of people. Don't think he was all that good a player but a likable guy who loved his time here.

Nonsense.

The Comedian

A big dafty who was a useful player when fit.

Scored a diving header at Pitodrie that nearly burst the net.

Banged Ian Murray after he got wide.

:jjyay:

:yas:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Kevin Kyle (contrary to popular belief) tracked back, went wide, closed down, got back to defend and picked passes in the midfield. Years of playing at a high level down south made him a decent player... Three years up here had idiots branding him a huddie.

I'll always be grateful to KK. Derby wins are commonplace for us, and hopefully always will be, but New Year wins are generally much harder to come by. There's only been seven in my time as a Hearts fan and the 2011 win was our first in 14 years.

Gregory House M.D.

Nonsense.

13,000 Hearts fans gave him a standing ovation onto the pitch after singing his name from the minute he got stripped on his debut. Mainly because we had strikers who didn't score the season before and he did for Kilmarnock.

He held up play well and linked up well but wasn't very technically gifted and only scored a couple from open play for us. Don't think he was a particularly good footballer but he was ideal for JJ's set up and led the young guys well.

I liked him, as did everyone and he loved being at Hearts.

Not sure what's "nonsense" about any of that.

Running along the stand like that with everyone going mental - he'll never forget it.

Him & beattie would have been good upfront together.But it wasnt to be.

We_are_the_Hearts

Would like to know what he whispered in Riordans ear after he got sent off for that tackle on Rudi :-)

Kevin Kyle (contrary to popular belief) tracked back, went wide, closed down, got back to defend and picked passes in the midfield. Years of playing at a high level down south made him a decent player... Three years up here had idiots branding him a huddie.

correct.

In addition, a player with a touch of aura and presence adds to a team greatly. Unfortunately some Hearts fans couldn`t see that, gladly most did though.

KK didn`t always have to do those things you point out above, just urging the team on, encouraging and taking the knocks inspired his team mates and they had someone they knew that stood up for them on the park.

Gregory House M.D.

Would like to know what he whispered in Riordans ear after he got sent off for that tackle on Rudi :-)

Told him to try it on him next time allegedly.

tartofmidlothian

Told him to try it on him next time allegedly.

I'd love it if that was true. :lol:

I heard it was along the lines of "what the **** did you do that for?"

Exactly the kind of player we needed at the time, in more ways than one.

I remember an interview where he was in Riccarton and it was said he was quiet, he said "give it a few weeks and I'll be running this place", or words to that effect. Really bolstered the team at a pretty down time.

Wasn't all that good, though.

kissthebadge

Not only did we miss him up top when he got injured but his defending at set pieces was invaluable. It was no coincidence the team struggled when he got injured, he was more than just a target man.

A great moment to add to many but the show must go on.

Not a coincidence that his injury coincIded with the horrible down turn in form from march onwards...

If he had been injury free big Kev would have made a huge contribution to our team. As it was, it was cut short however in the time he did play he became a bit of a cult hero.

kingantti1874

A cult hero.. He was so good in the air and holding the ball up and his touch was great.. Defenders hating facing him... Wish we could have for him 10 years earlier and injury free..

There was no messing with big Kev. Any time somebody played tough guy with one of our players I used to love him wandering over for a quiet word!

heisenberg86

A mate of mine told me Kev is working as a labourer up in the Shetlands now!. cult hero?! yes. still do a job lol?! na

Snake Plissken

Was 1-0 going on 5, absolutely battered the shite that day, would have been a disgrace if we didn't win.

I remember that was right when Templeton was in lethal form but it wasn't happening for him that day.

On comes Novi, lays it on a plate for Glen who scuffs it wide when it was easier to score. It looked like Hibs were going to sneak a thoroughly undeserved point when Novikovas provided another moment of magic and Kyle made no mistake.

Oh what a moment that was.

yas!.gif

I remember that was right when Templeton was in lethal form but it wasn't happening for him that day.

On comes Novi, lays it on a plate for Glen who scuffs it wide when it was easier to score. It looked like Hibs were going to sneak a thoroughly undeserved point when Novikovas provided another moment of magic and Kyle made no mistake.

Oh what a moment that was.

yas!.gif

Could not believe that miss from Glen. As was proved he was just not good enough for Hearts.

stranraer-jambo

Met his brother on the golf course recently. I asked him if Kev was going to Killie in a playing/coaching role now that Gary Locke was back. He told me Kev was unlikely to be involved in football now and was pursuing other options.

Agree with everyone else,we missed Kev both on and off the park when he was injured.

He developed a fondness for Hearts, despite being a Celtic supporter.

He was on his stag do in Magaluf on 19/5/12 and was wearing his Hearts strip while watching the match.

wheatfield to sheffield

Are you sure that you want to do this Derek? Is this what you really want?

I'm quite sure he answered this questiong, albeit a little cryptically, in an interview before a televised game. Could even have been a BBC Alba re-run game.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Their main front page story is about how Kevin Kyle is working in a ferry. What an absolute shiterag of a paper, how on earth is it news that a former footballer is working to provide for his family?

Guest GhostHunter

In what shape or form, is that worthy of column inches in any newspaper ?

What a disgraceful piece of journalism.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Brooklyn, fortunately not. One of my friends had tweeted the front page with their own comments that weren't as tame as mine.

Dexter- exactly.

Archived