***Official WORLD CUP FINAL Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a horrible feeling that Argentina are going to be good enough to deny Germany the win their play over the last three World Cups has merited.

Although Argentina will be stronger opposition than Brazil I think Germany have got it in them to go on the rampage again. 5-1.

Although Argentina will be stronger opposition than Brazil I think Germany have got it in them to go on the rampage again. 5-1.

Argentina have a good structure. Mascherano has been my player of the tournament. Really can't see a high scorer here.

Argentina have a good structure. Mascherano has been my player of the tournament. Really can't see a high scorer here.

To be honest the 5-1 was a reference to you know what, but I do believe the Germans will win, and with a bit to spare.

juanjojambo

Messi will go down as an all time legend if he gets his hands on the world cup. Won every major trophy he can with barca.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Couldn't care less but it's about time the World Cup Final had a 4-3 classic or something like that. In fact, feck it, ten spot on 4-3 Germany.

Ricardo Quaresma

Couldn't care less but it's about time the World Cup Final had a 4-3 classic or something like that. In fact, feck it, ten spot on 4-3 Germany.

Maybe best make that a 'reverse forecast' if you don't want sod's law to get you :)

In the hope that a very good tournament can become a great one I'll go for a 3-2 win for Argentina........with an inspired Messi performance.

Argentina have been solid so far and that describes his world cup also..... solid with the odd touch of genius.

(If Thomas Muller can score as well then the punting will be in profit)......just something about Germany and their 'efficiency' though that makes it a hope rather than a prediction based on conviction.

Rudolf's Mate

If Germany play the way we expect then I expect them to win by 2 possible more.

Last time I said that it was a rout!

Sasathejambo1874

North Korea will win.

They already have. Kim Jong Un headed in a 60 yard Van-Persie esque goal that rounded off the 23-0 win over USA.

2-1 Argentina. Revenge for the last 2 world cups and a glorious win in Brazil cementing Messi's status as the worlds greatest ever player. Germany to choke.

Jambos_1874

I think Germany will win convincingly but I won't completely rule out Argentina as they have some seriously good players in their squad and a couple of moments of quality from Messi could decide it.

I don't get this argument that Messi can only be considered a true great if he wins a World Cup. One player doesn't make a team and he can't be held responsible if his international team-mates aren't good enough to help him/Argentina to win the World Cup (not saying that's the case but if they do fall short then that would obviously be a factor). You just need to look at what he's done at club level to see that he is one of the greatest players of all time. As far as I am aware Maradonna and Pele still had some great players around them when they won World Cups although they obviously made a massive individual contribution to the success.

Tommy Wiseau

Low scoring game, with Argentina nicking it is my prediction. I still think - although Ze Germans are a better team - Argentina are being badly underestimated in this tournament. Every team they have played has shat it off their front 3 and sat behind the ball. They're yet to be fully tested.

I just can't shake the feeling that it is all set up for a Germany win, with their experience, quality and the fact that group of players deserves a major trophy after the last 8 years of superb entertainment in tournaments, but that Argentina have the steel and the determination to rub Brazil's noses in it that will see them through.

Either 0-0 and Argies on pens or 1-0 Messi is my guess. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's a 6-5 classic :lol:

Low scoring game, with Argentina nicking it is my prediction. I still think - although Ze Germans are a better team - Argentina are being badly underestimated in this tournament. Every team they have played has shat it off their front 3 and sat behind the ball. They're yet to be fully tested.

I just can't shake the feeling that it is all set up for a Germany win, with their experience, quality and the fact that group of players deserves a major trophy after the last 8 years of superb entertainment in tournaments, but that Argentina have the steel and the determination to rub Brazil's noses in it that will see them through.

Either 0-0 and Argies on pens or 1-0 Messi is my guess. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and it's a 6-5 classic :lol:

Not only do the defences shite it from the front three Germany with a lot of space between the keeper and the goalie. Argentina so far have had to grind down sides with very little space to play into. This will be a good game I imagine, hopefully as open as it could be in a final. I know it's a huge cliche but the first goal tonight is massive. How the side reacts to that I've no idea.

If Argentina win then they should get to keep the trophy as 3 time winners. Just like the yellow hibs in 1970.

Germany trying to pull Sevco and claiming wins by a different team as their own. It would be their first win, not 4th.

Need aguero to score 6 and Argentina to win, to secure my aguero tgs and argentina double. It seems unlikely though.

Argies to win please so that people stop saying that messi needs to win the world cup to be considered a great.

Argentina are being seriously underestimated. In tournaments you can only he judged on who you play and results. Teams generally much more open against Germany giving them space.

Good on Germany and they are the side with momentum incl form and formation in last 2 and a bit games. If they beat Argentina they are very worthy winners.

I'd say its too close to call but Argentina effectively with home advantage have too much all over park for me and will win the key moments.

Guest jonesy

Just a decent game, that's all I want.

Goals good passing and some passion. The Holland v Argentina game was dire.

Tommy Wiseau

1-0 Argentina to deny Germany their first World Cup.

Well, that's my prediction fecked then, if Ross is backing it :facepalm:

rossthejambo

Well, that's my prediction fecked then, if Ross is backing it :facepalm:

:lol: my lucks got to change at some point!

I backed Argentina at the start as well.

2-0 Germany. Messi to be anonymous.

Having said that might put on a wee saver with him to score and Argie win... :lol:

2-0 Germany. Messi to be anonymous.

Having said that might put on a wee saver with him to score and Argie win... :lol:

It's too close to call, so in that spirit i'm staking my reputation on Argentina

The Real Maroonblood

That's a fair point.

Englanders will be pleased.

Gregory House M.D.

Die Nationalmannschaft only needs half a country to win it anyway :smuggy:

Bl?he Deutsches Vaterland.

2014%20world%20cup%20heart%20shape%20german%20flag%20tattoo%20on%20face%20-%20face%20painting-t61199.jpg

Gregory House M.D.

Argentina are being seriously underestimated. In tournaments you can only he judged on who you play and results. Teams generally much more open against Germany giving them space.

Good on Germany and they are the side with momentum incl form and formation in last 2 and a bit games. If they beat Argentina they are very worthy winners.

I'd say its too close to call but Argentina effectively with home advantage have too much all over park for me and will win the key moments.

What? Germany have the better keeper, defence and midfield. Argentina have the better strikers. If Germany play to potential they'll beat Argentina by 2/3 tonight.

I do however have a horrible feeling Lahm is going to be brought back to CDM to deal with Messi :sob:

What? Germany have the better keeper, defence and midfield. Argentina have the better strikers. If Germany play to potential they'll beat Argentina by 2/3 tonight.

I do however have a horrible feeling Lahm is going to be brought back to CDM to deal with Messi :sob:

Re Lahm.... 'luckiest' injury of the tournament so far forcing him to move to right back and allowing the midfield of Germany to be improved also...his move back solidified the defence and improved the midfield.......sometimes the pieces just fall into place.

Rudolf's Mate

Covered:

3-1

3-2

4-0

4-1

4-2

4-3

5-1

5-2

6-0

6-1

For Germany!

So get yer money on 2-1 or less as every time I've done this trees been hardly any goals!

Harry Palmer

ITV Football ?@itvfootball 1m

Germany team announced: Neuer; Lahm, Hummels, Boateng, H?wedes; Schweinsteiger, Khedira; M?ller, Kroos, ?zil; Klose

Argentina team announced: Romero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo, P?rez, Mascherano, Biglia, Lavezzi, Higua?n, Messi.

Archived