Osman Sow on trial (merged threads)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Refreshment Barrier

Swedish by birth. Senegalese by descent. Danish by name.

you a bit slow today Peebo :bucktooth:

Refreshment Barrier

Before the inevitable starts:

TROTTERS

might cure a striking problem

If he has a Hearts career like the last big Swedish striker we signed then.................................................................... :27:

http://www.tribalfoo...11#.U8FMPkCsddg

Helsingborgs IF have lately had several test players in place. One of them is striker Osman Sow, who after one season at Crystal Palace is klubbl?s.

- Maybe I'm not quite where I rank them in the first place. However, Osman Sow seen very interesting, says coach Roar Hansen HD.se and continues:

- He is admittedly untrained, but you do not get a professional contract at Crystal Palace unless you are pretty good. There is a great player with good feet that have good speed in depth.

From the dark side........

Deal went into limbo when we got relegated.

TB called Osman after he was fired to apologise but told him that there may still be a possibility of a contract offer from Hibs. He was to be included in the now infamous 'list' of players that TB & SM had identified which would be handed over to the new manager.

Since then he hasn't heard anything from the club. He was in Sweden last week on trial with Helsingborg, who still seem to be interested in him...... he was saying that the Swedish Transfer Window opens on July 15th.

He was back in London this week and received a call from Levein to invite him up to Hearts for a few days.

The laddie just wants to gets a deal locked down as soon as possible.

http://www.tribalfoo...11#.U8FMPkCsddg

Helsingborgs IF have lately had several test players in place. One of them is striker Osman Sow, who after one season at Crystal Palace is klubbl?s.

- Maybe I'm not quite where I rank them in the first place. However, Osman Sow seen very interesting, says coach Roar Hansen HD.se and continues:

- He is admittedly untrained, but you do not get a professional contract at Crystal Palace unless you are pretty good. There is a great player with good feet that have good speed in depth.

I like how every word translated into English except 'klubbl?s'. I wonder what that's Swedish for?

Our last injury-prone Palace-reject striker turned out alright.

Fuller?

The_razors_edge

Sound like another paul mcwhatshisface from west ham. No thanks.

Done more in 45 mins than mccallum did in 4 months

I like how every word translated into English except 'klubbl?s'. I wonder what that's Swedish for?

Clubless? On the rock and role? :lol:

Fuller?

I had no idea he played for Palace before joining that mob who wanted ?1m for him. Cheers for the new info :)

His middle name is Dwayne too. I like him even more now.

colinmaroon

Also if we're playing two wingers it'd be nice to have a big guy to get on the end of crosses. Anyway there's nothing wrong with hitting it long from time to time and put the opposition on the back foot, just as long as unlike last season it isn't your only tactic.

Variety is the spice of life.

If you have someone you can pick out with a long ball (not aimless punts) the opposing defence can't just plan to stop our passing game and, vice versa. If they're setting up for the long ball, more space for the passing game.

scott_jambo

I dont mind us going direct but you dont need a lanky streak of piss to do it. Carrick can take long balls down well.

Chris Benoit

I dont mind us going direct but you dont need a lanky streak of piss to do it. Carrick can take long balls down well.

He looks very assured on the ball, some great interplay with Oliver.

Just scored, goalie took a touch from a pass back and he nicked it in

loveofthegame

Sounds like a promising start. Wouldn't rush to sign him on the back of a performance against east fife alone but get him in this week and have a closer look

Seems like early promise and nice to know we are after plenty forward options, its like the Sound of Music to my ears.

I wonder if they`ll give Sow a deal, a three year deal?

Jambof3tornado

Sounds like a promising start. Wouldn't rush to sign him on the back of a performance against east fife alone but get him in this week and have a closer look

I'd sooner sign him up now based on the potential he showed today! Lets not lose him to another team.

He looked really good. Strong & held the ball well with some pace on him too. His free kick was comical but overall was very impressed with him.

Gigolo-Aunt

Promising start.

I know the opposition are not the standard we will be playing next season but it sounds like Sow and Oliver worked well with each other. Sometimes a partnership can just click.

Strong, similar shape to de vries, looks comfortable and a he has good touch. Think he will prove a good signing. Plus he already has the makings of a legend having snubbed the wee team. But he cannot hit a freekick

Done more in 45 mins than mccallum did in 4 months

McCallum started West Ham's first pre-season game today FWIW

Hattrick?

Strong, similar shape to de vries, looks comfortable and a he has good touch. Think he will prove a good signing. Plus he already has the makings of a legend having snubbed the wee team. But he cannot hit a freekick

It would be pleasing if we sign him and he scores for us when we play the vermin this would increase their Seethe

Seems there are a few that are pre-judging him purely on the basis of his height which is extremely unfair. I had a look at the clips posted on the Charlton forum posted earlier in the thread and he looked to have decent pace and good footwork. None of the clips featured him using his head. The reviews of him from the game today appear to support this assessment.

Paul McCallum was a big, lumbering striker whose strength was (apparently) in his aerial ability. Sow didn't look like that type of player at all.

Chris Benoit

Hattrick?

2-2 with Stevenage, Jarvis and Downing scored in last 5 mins to get a draw

I know they say footballs a funny ol' game but I would be freakin' astonished if he makes it at the Hammers.

I know they say footballs a funny ol' game but I would be freakin' astonished if he makes it at the Hammers.

Unless he really was not trying for us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The Old Tolbooth

I was very impressed with Sow today, and the way he linked up with Oliver was very encouraging, the ball seemed to stick to his feet at times as he carried it by defenders and I was left wondering "how did he do that?", I know it's early days but he looks a good bit in front of any other striker we currently have at the moment.

Gomis looks an absolute treat! Some of his vision and positioning is superb, and Buaben turned in a decent performance too, with Ozturk strolling through he game, Paterson very solid at right back, and King showing some lovely touches and bursts of speed down the wing, it's all coming together very nicely and we haven't finished building yet!

Happy days! :)

I was very impressed with Sow today, and the way he linked up with Oliver was very encouraging, the ball seemed to stick to his feet at times as he carried it by defenders and I was left wondering "how did he do that?", I know it's early days but he looks a good bit in front of any other striker we currently have at the moment.

Gomis looks an absolute treat! Some of his vision and positioning is superb, and Buaben turned in a decent performance too, with Ozturk strolling through he game, Paterson very solid at right back, and King showing some lovely touches and bursts of speed down the wing, it's all coming together very nicely and we haven't finished building yet!

^^^^^ I concur.

And I had almost the same view as John.

My thoughts exactly

ScandinavianJambo

It means without club....

Chris Benoit

^^^^^ I concur.

And I had almost the same view as John.

I had practically the same view as John and I also agree

Looked good with pace and strength. Maybe not the man for free kicks though...

Looks better on video than it did at the time!

Quickest on the park today, I'd love to see his time over 30 yards. I'm sure I heard Oliver said "Hi big man my names Gary" at the kick off! I do hope we give him more pre season game time so we can assess him as I think we may well have uncover another Fuller or even De Vries.

This where fan irrationality comes in.

I just want this dude signed up.

Can we just sign him please.

Thanks...

Archived