Osman Sow on trial (merged threads)

Never Let Them Forget

Dr. Bapswent

Not only is our first 11 better than last season it is now IMO a top 6 SPL team.

Without a minute of competitive football being played this sort of thing is just ludicrous to say.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit

So do I mate, sounded very good yesterday.

He was very good. I was well impressed

Heartsfc_1874

Alexander

McGhee Ozturk Wilson

Paterson Buaben Gomis Nicholson

El hassanaoii

Sow Rafael

Hot since 86

Signing for Hibs according to the work hibby but he's full of shite so will wait and see

colinmaroon

Without a minute of competitive football being played this sort of thing is just ludicrous to say.

To use the word "ludicrous" is ludicrous - premature, perhaps.

Neil Alexander says he's just what the team needs and he wants him to sign! And he knows him from Crystal Palace last season so if he says that the boy is good then thats good enough for me! :pleasingao:

RustyRightPeg

Signing for Hibs according to the work hibby but he's full of shite so will wait and see

He was apparently going to be Butchers first signing of the 'revolution' this summer after his clear out. Went quiet since then so I'm presuming we're in pole position..

I think we are going to have to move fast on this one as I have a feeling other clubs are interested.So a decision either way quick I think.

Barry Anderson saying on twitter that hearts and hibs are expected to make signings today. Hopefully we are signing sow

Barry Anderson saying on twitter that hearts and hibs are expected to make signings today. Hopefully we are signing sow

More likely it will be the official signing of Buaben.

Malcolm Tucker

El Alagui to Hibs and we're confirming the Buaben signing, IMO.

Two good signings.

Boab Mugabe

Interesting quote from Robbie in that article:

"It?s easy to pick someone up who is just a big lump who gets flick ons. We're looking for someone better than that"

Bad news for the LUMP IT UP THE ******* PARK dinosaurs in our support.

Interesting quote from Robbie in that article:

"It?s easy to pick someone up who is just a big lump who gets flick ons. We're looking for someone better than that"

Bad news for the LUMP IT UP THE ******* PARK dinosaurs in our support.

Thank god some of the 'get the ball up the park' brigade that use to sit around me, seem not to, now. Going by last season, anyway.

still going on about Hibs on here? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Have to agree, although no doubt get pelters for it.

Pretty embarrassing these days, even threads which are supposed to be celebrating how many season tickets we've sold have quickly turned to Hibs chat.

Heard today he's away to Blackpool on trial this week.

RN has said in today's article that he's here this week so he can have another look at him.

Blackpool are guff but money talks

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Where did you hear that, Buster?

Where did you hear that, Buster?

A colleague at work mentioned it. No idea if there's any truth in it.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cool. Cheers.

He impressed on trial down there last season.

I'm surprised we have not made an offer for El Alagui or even ask him to come and train for a few days.

I'm surprised we have not made an offer for El Alagui or even ask him to come and train for a few days.

Just seen he has signed for the wee team, oh well he will soon be the next James Collins.

Blackpool are guff but money talks

Even a team like Blackpool will have seriously cut back on the wages though.

Even a team like Blackpool will have seriously cut back on the wages though.

They will still be paying around ?10K a week.

Yep something tells me this guy is out of our league somewhat, and that when somebody down south sees he is thinking about us will happily put ?5k or so per week on the table for him on a 1 year prove yourself deal...

If we don't sign him then its no panic.

So many decent players in the world right now just looking for a chance to get back on the field.

Holyrood_Hearts

They will still be paying around ?10K a week.

Blackpool only have 8 first players (inc no goalkeepers) when they returned to pre-season training last week. Don't think they'll be paying anywhere near that weekly wage.

Unlikely that he would end up at Blackpool.

Over on their forum, the fans are unsure if their manager is still there. Things seem a bit messy down there.

He was only appointed at the beginning of June but has apparently had a disagreement with the chairman Karl Oyston.

Oyston is a bit of an idiot by the looks of it.

Yep something tells me this guy is out of our league somewhat, and that when somebody down south sees he is thinking about us will happily put ?5k or so per week on the table for him on a 1 year prove yourself deal...

I don't get why you would think he is out of our league. If that was the case why would he come here on trail. Surely before a player agrees to go on trail somewhere there is a chat first to see if it would be possible to conclude a deal if both parties are happy after the trail. Would seem pointless to go on trail then find out that the two parties are miles apart on money and a deal can't be done.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Hibs appear to be front runners for El Alagui - good siging that.

Meh. Keatings is a better signing given his age and pedigree.

I don't get why you would think he is out of our league. If that was the case why would he come here on trail. Surely before a player agrees to go on trail somewhere there is a chat first to see if it would be possible to conclude a deal if both parties are happy after the trail. Would seem pointless to go on trail then find out that the two parties are miles apart on money and a deal can't be done.

It's about exposure - shop window.

Maybe we were the only team he had a chance of some game time with over the weekend.

Who knows what scouts or whatever were at that game?

Yes maybe he would sign for us but also being with us creates some leverage for him in getting a quick deal signs up elsewhere.

Lower EPL / high Championship standard striker just seems to be a very unlikely signing for us.

It's about exposure - shop window.

Maybe we were the only team he had a chance of some game time with over the weekend.

Who knows what scouts or whatever were at that game?

Yes maybe he would sign for us but also being with us creates some leverage for him in getting a quick deal signs up elsewhere.

Lower EPL / high Championship standard striker just seems to be a very unlikely signing for us.

You might be correct but I'm not sure playing for a Scottish championship team against an even lower part time scottish team will give you a lot of exposure.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Plenty random foreign players with a decent pedegree have pitched up in the scottish lower leagues and went on to greater things - bamba, latepy, agathe... No reason why we can't get someone like that in if they want to use us as a stepping stone. Thats basically our signing policy now

I was up at Riccarton this morning and he was training. Him and Alim we're having a few tussles. Both looked pretty strong and keen to impress.

Archived