Osman Sow on trial (merged threads)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily Record will run with the exclusive the day before the opening game that SevCo are to offer the superstar ?12k per week.

This guy sounds like perfection for us. 6ft 4 and strong but quick and an eye for goal, links up well with others and good with his feet. Feels like a dream come true if we sign him

Not some static object like Kevin Kyle with the sole purpose of hoofing it up the park.

Imagine the seethe amongst the vermin if we sign him and he ends up ripping everyone a new one.

u3u2anyg.jpg

The big guy sow looked a prospect & showed some nice touches..

enatyrys.jpg

Wasn't El Hassnaoui supposed to be our main striker though ?.

I though EL Hassnaoui was an attacking midfielder/winger.I think just because it said forward on some foreign site folk have just run with striker.

Jambof3tornado

u3u2anyg.jpg

The big guy sow looked a prospect & showed some nice touches..

enatyrys.jpg

Wasn't El Hassnaoui supposed to be our main striker though ?.

room for both. If one is out of sorts the other gets a game etc.

Its about building a squad. Remember some of our youth players from last year will go back to being in development.

From what I have seen of all pre season Keatings and Sow up top with El Has in behind them might just win us the league.

Real quality with the likes of Carrick and Oliver to call on we will have some proper options.

I though EL Hassnaoui was an attacking midfielder/winger.I think just because it said forward on some foreign site folk have just run with striker.

think you're right

portobellojambo1

While acknowledging that today was only a friendly, so I don't want to carried away with anything, I enjoyed what I seen today which is the first chance I've had to see the team during pre season. On many occasions last season the players looked as if they were getting shoved all over the shop, and seemed intent on trying to just kick the ball anywhere when it came near them at times. The youngsters have filled out a fair bit and look a lot more confident with the ball at their feet, the passing was very crisp and a lot more accurate. The defence looks strong, and I think Morgaro Gomis could be a huge player for us, and a huge help to those around him. As for Sow I think he put in a very decent shift, no Roberto Carlos when it comes to free kicks, but he worked hard. He actually seems to prefer the ball on the deck, and had a good touch for someone so tall. I don't know how long we have had him, or what sort of preparation he had before today, but I hope we give him some time before the coaching staff make a decision.

While acknowledging that today was only a friendly, so I don't want to carried away with anything, I enjoyed what I seen today which is the first chance I've had to see the team during pre season. On many occasions last season the players looked as if they were getting shoved all over the shop, and seemed intent on trying to just kick the ball anywhere when it came near them at times. The youngsters have filled out a fair bit and look a lot more confident with the ball at their feet, the passing was very crisp and a lot more accurate. The defence looks strong, and I think Morgaro Gomis could be a huge player for us, and a huge help to those around him. As for Sow I think he put in a very decent shift, no Roberto Carlos when it comes to free kicks, but he worked hard. He actually seems to prefer the ball on the deck, and had a good touch for someone so tall. I don't know how long we have had him, or what sort of preparation he had before today, but I hope we give him some time before the coaching staff make a decision.

Think his free kick ended up at levenmouth swimming pool !

HHGH

You could be right. There were a couple of players who walked onto the pitch when the team arrived today that I didn't recognise from the "known" trialists/new signings as well.

Any news on how many/who these unknowns could be?

maroonshrew

Its about building a squad. Remember some of our youth players from last year will go back to being in development.

From what I have seen of all pre season Keatings and Sow up top with El Has in behind them might just win us the league.

Real quality with the likes of Carrick and Oliver to call on we will have some proper options.

This isnt meant to sound sarcy but what have you seen to suggest that? El Hass hasn't kicked a ball yet has he? Is this Sow's first game or has he trained with us elsewhere. I don't watch training or anything and am based in London so would be good to know what people are seeing up there? From picking up bits of threads I thought we were playing a front 3, is that right?

This isnt meant to sound sarcy but what have you seen to suggest that? El Hass hasn't kicked a ball yet has he? Is this Sow's first game or has he trained with us elsewhere. I don't watch training or anything and am based in London so would be good to know what people are seeing up there? From picking up bits of threads I thought we were playing a front 3, is that right?

We've been playing 4-4-2 in all the games so far

Nope defo not the same player as 37

My mistake then. Very similiar hairstyles

Who was '37' then?

Edit= based on my google searches this morning. I see from today's pic they look nothing alike. Question still stands though

Sow:

u3u2anyg.jpg

Number 37:

cqc7Y55.jpg

You clearly never read my post BEFORE your reply.

(Googling osman sow the first pic is not even him- it's some Nigerian player, hence my mistake)

What I'm asking is who is number 37?

As soon as I see us linked with anyone I am scouring the net for videos and opinions of said player from fans of clubs they have played for and those of fans they have played against which are usually more important because they are rarer and show them as a real stand out one way or another.

Based on the level we are currently playing at and what I have seen and read if these players fire on all cylinders I stand by my views. The team we are building is beyond championship quality. There are plenty of other factors to consider of course from the managers tactics to injuries etc that could impact on our season that make nothing a given. Rangers are of course favourites but it can be done.

rodneytrotter

People saying Sow is a very good signing he isn't signed yet but if we sign him and buaben and a sub goalie and maybe another full back for cover then we will be ready for the title race

My mistake then. Very similiar hairstyles

Who was '37' then?

Edit= based on my google searches this morning. I see from today's pic they look nothing alike. Question still stands though

A forward from Nigeria we had on trial.

Not there anymore.

You clearly never read my post BEFORE your reply.

(Googling osman sow the first pic is not even him- it's some Nigerian player, hence my mistake)

What I'm asking is who is number 37?

My point was that they look nothing alike.

juanjojambo

People saying Sow is a very good signing he isn't signed yet but if we sign him and buaben and a sub goalie and maybe another full back for cover then we will be ready for the title race

Snake Plissken

Would be rather pleasing if he did indeed sign and then scored against Hibs.

:jjyay:

if we sign Sow and Bauben, from the 2 games I've seen, we have the makings of a very good side. Squad wise, cover for gk and fb would be preferred but not essential. Early doors yet but this Revival could be coming very much alive!

I'd sooner sign him up now based on the potential he showed today! Lets not lose him to another team.

When we finally achieve full fan ownership, I nominate you as chief transfer policy strategist.....

Five to One

Is it just me, or are we going against the policy of bringing through the younger players a bit here? It's quite possible now that at least 5 starts next season will be foreign imports. Ozturk, Gommis, Buaben, El-Hassnaoui and maybe Sow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colinmaroon

Is it just me, or are we going against the policy of bringing through the younger players a bit here? It's quite possible now that at least 5 starts next season will be foreign imports. Ozturk, Gommis, Buaben, El-Hassnaoui and maybe Sow?

We had to bring in experience.

We didn't have enough players for the first team squad.

Those coming in have quality and will, DV, have sell on value - as our younger players are prepared to take their place (if they pan out good enough).

Excellent strategy!

ozturk is 22 el hassnaoui 24 sow 24 not overly old. And buaben only 26.

Gregory House M.D.

Alexander

Paterson ?zt?rk Wilson McHattie

Gomis Buaben

Walker El Hassnaoui Nicholson

Sow

With Holt, Robinson, King, the Smiths, Beith, Carrick, Keatings and co. all ready to play.

Obama-not-bad.png

We released Hamill and Tapping from MF and now (maybe) have Gomis and Buaben.

We let McGowan go and now have Ozturk while one could say El Hassnaoui has replaced McCallum. On that basis we only have one extra which is countered by the fact that we lost 2 keepers and have only signed one up to now.

I`ve been thinking about this but there`s a difference between developing young players and developing young players you feel have the quality to harness and will eventually be at a level needed to help the club progress.

Maybe the new management team have had a long look at the squad and don`t see the quality in some of the younger players who were thrust into the first team last season? Or maybe they think its still early for some of them to be in the first team and they need longer in the youths?

Just a guess of mine but the facts are we still needed to build the squad as it had been decimated. Bringing through young players with plenty experience around them of good quality is always the best environment for them, even being surrounded by 23, 24 year olds who`ve had a bit experience already will help them.

We should not be playing anymore than 3 youth players in any game.

We still bring them through but the get a few games at a time each then a rest.

Five to One

We released Hamill and Tapping from MF and now (maybe) have Gomis and Buaben.

We let McGowan go and now have Ozturk while one could say El Hassnaoui has replaced McCallum. On that basis we only have one extra which is countered by the fact that we lost 2 keepers and have only signed one up to now.

I'm not complaining and understand the importance of getting out this league. Last season was tough but I enjoyed identifying with the young players who had come through the setup. They have to be good enough though and we did need to add experience with the likes of Gomis. Just hope some of the other signings don't halt the progress of guys like Billy King who had a good end to the season but likely won't get near the first team now? Time will tell.

We had a threadbare squad full of youngsters. We needed to enlarge the squad and add a bit experience which we have done. With the players we have then we have cover for when the inevitable injuries and suspensions start.

If the youngsters are good enough then I am sure RN will give them a chance after all he was the under 20's coach so he will know them better than anyone and what they are capable of.

Alexander

Gomis Buaben

Sow

With Holt, Robinson, King, the Smiths, Beith, Carrick, Keatings and co. all ready to play.

Obama-not-bad.png

Have to say, that team gets me moist.

Hibs not happy.

Says that Stubbed Toe rejected him and Terry had a chance to sign him if they never got relegated.

Marooned In Oz

Alexander

Gomis Buaben

Sow

Obama-not-bad.png

There is no way Holt should be left out of the team. He's probably our most talented youngster

Not only is our first 11 better than last season it is now IMO a top 6 SPL team.

We do need some more depth but equally our youngsters that are left mostly have great potential

Sow might be the last piece that gives us the advantage.

Archived