Osman Sow on trial (merged threads)

Never Let Them Forget

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see it posted already, we have this guy on trial today according to Robbie

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osman_Sow

Starting up front today. At 6 foot 4 he could be the target man we're looking for. Seems to have a decent record and must have a bit of ability for Crystal Palace to take him.

Starting up front today. At 6 foot 4 he could be the target man we're looking for. Seems to have a decent record and must have a bit of ability for Crystal Palace to take him.

An Alexander recommendation?

An Alexander recommendation?

He was lined up to sign for Hibs before Butcher was chopped so I would imagine it's the agent.

Be wonderful if he was amazing and scored shed loads.

Gregory House M.D.

He was allegedly to be Terry Butchers first summer signing for that lot.

kylelauren01

Signed in September 2013 and released May 2014. Bit strange. Looking at list I didn't know Speroni had been release from CP as well - he was fantastic last season

jimthejambo

He was allegedly to be Terry Butchers first summer signing for that lot.

back in 1997 Hibs had a certain Stephane Adam on trial but decided against it.

That worked out alright for us :devil2::crowngrin: :crowngrin:

Someone's been at his Wiki ;)

In May, 2012, he was famously seen holding up 5 fingers in one hand and 1 finger in the other after a rather glorious victory for his favoured club based in Scotland, after they had demolished their local rivals in the Scottish Cup Final!

Signed in September 2013 and released May 2014. Bit strange. Looking at list I didn't know Speroni had been release from CP as well - he was fantastic last season

He didn't. He signed a new deal recently.

Given the fact he was 23 and didn't have the usual CV of a prem striker they obviously knew it was a risk so signed him on a short term deal.

Also he would have been a Holloway signing and Pulis mustn't have rated him.

chester copperpot

In May, 2012, he was famously seen holding up 5 fingers in one hand and 1 finger in the other after a rather glorious victory for his favoured club based in Scotland, after they had demolished their local rivals in the Scottish Cup Final!

Hmmm wonder who that could've been ;)

I was bored!

Hope we sign him up for a long sty. If he goes back on trial at Hibs then he'll be moving bacon forth across the city.

kylelauren01

Looked at a list of Premiership frees and Speroni was on it. Possibly an oversight or that contract had come to an end. Alexander and Sow were on it. Some interesting names on that list

Scott_HMFC1874

Why do we need a target man?

options i'd imagine.

It's all well and good playing the ball on the deck but if that's not working out, at least we can try something else! That's how I see it anyway

Why do we need a target man?

There's a been a lot of talk saying we lack a bit of physicality up top. Obviously I don't want to see us relying on lumping long balls to a big striker like bygone seasons, but it's good to have options.

There's a been a lot of talk saying we lack a bit of physicality up top. Obviously I don't want to see us relying on lumping long balls to a big striker like bygone seasons, but it's good to have options.

A lot of the bigger teams don't have any real physicality up top.

Barcelona stand out.

:lol: just seen that

Chris Benoit

Also if we're playing two wingers it'd be nice to have a big guy to get on the end of crosses. Anyway there's nothing wrong with hitting it long from time to time and put the opposition on the back foot, just as long as unlike last season it isn't your only tactic.

Gregory House M.D.

Barcelona stand out.

They have Messi as their forward though.

Big men are becoming the new wee men of football these days. They can't be good because they aren't as small as Xavi, Iniesta and Messi.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Be wonderful if he was amazing and scored shed loads.

I suppose that would be OK.

I'm out of pig jokes though :(

Sow, are we going for 'sow' as in needle and thread or as in a female pig for the puns?

(or just delightful under the radar homophones?)

Barcelona stand out.

They have a system that's drilled into the players though from day 1. No team in Scotland has anything of the sort which is a shame. Scottish football is a physical and tough game so without that bit of physicality in the squad we could get bullied about easily.

Chrystal Palace fans forum says he seems very injury prone.

Aged 23 and has only played about 100 games, none for Palace due to an injury as soon as he arrived.

http://www.holmesdal...=106&tid=142596

Our last injury-prone Palace-reject striker turned out alright.

Crystal Palace have signed striker Osman Sow on a free transfer until the end of the season.

The Swedish born striker will be available for selection for the club?s development league games as he has not been included in Ian Holloway's 25 man Premier League squad.

The 23 year old was a free agent after leaving Syrianska FC at the end of last season and has spent the pre-season period on trial with The Eagles.

Read more at http://www.cpfc.co.u...eBC1zj7ib5X6.99

or some videos when he was on trial at Charlton before he signed for Crystal Palace

http://www.charltonl...54010/osman-sow

Archived