Germany in the sweep

Currahee!

Me and my mates always do a big sweep for the World Cup and the Euros.

?20 a head.

Winner gets ?500 and the runner up gets ?100 with the 2 semi finalists getting ?20 each.

Now I got Germany and my mate who got Argentina has been in touch wanting to go halfers.

It is tempting for a guaranteed ?300 but I don't know.

What should I do?

Stick ?100 on Argentina and therefore you win each way. Don't be a shitbag and accept halfers!

EDIT: Argentina are 23/10 with Hills, that would get you ?330 back in total. If the match ends a draw then just make sure that you and your mate go halfers for it, therefore everyone is a winner.

I'm an all or nothing guy.

Just getting the offer has planted a seed.

?20 a head.

Winner gets ?500 and the runner up gets ?100 with the 2 semi finalists getting ?20 each.

Now I got Germany and my mate who got Argentina has been in touch wanting to go halfers.

What should I do?

Tell him to beat it, and stick some money on Argentina to win outright if you have any doubt.

Based in last night, though, you have nothing to worry about.

Take it... experience greening out and letting stuff ride on betfair tells me... take it.

20 into 300 is great dosh. And thats all you need to consider. Long term you will make more money like this.

Right now you have 100 squid and a 200 pound bet even odds on your team. Would you put 200 at evens?

Dont put money on Argentina either thats a really dumb idea. It more likely a draw or Germany win and then you have pissed money away.

Two options...

1. Gamble

2. Profit maximise

(3. Actually) risk money trying to hedge off with an Argentina bet at the bookies.

Take it! And if Germany win... so what its money in the bank. That shit used to bother me (when i greened and the team won) but now id gobble up the 300 and enjoy the game everytime... unless I fancied Gambling

Betfair has Germany 2.40... so if you do want to gamble then do the deal... and stick 200 on too win 280 on Germany.

You always get the 100 runners up but the top prize just went upto 580. And it will be a good indicator of your risk profile. Slapping down 200 on one event is getting into serious wedge country.

Hope my maths is correct im on holiday blotto.

Take the offer, punch him in the face and runaway. Win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make a deal with him that the winner gives the other ?100 of their pot. So if you're the runner up you get ?200 in your tail, win and you get ?400. Still enough incentive to win it, but an extra hundred bar if you don't.

Germany will win it convincingly. Tell the cheeky bugger to gtf!

Not if they play like they did against Ghana or Algeria.

?20 a head.

What should I do?

Based on the the two semi-finals this is like somebody coming up to you on the street and asking you to give them ?200.

Based on the the two semi-finals this is like somebody coming up to you on the street and asking you to give them ?200.

Germany were superb the other night, but Brazil were all over the place and it was a freak result. Argentina weren't great, but they haven't conceded in the knockout stages and won't give Germany anywhere near the same room they got on Tuesday.

Germany are favourites obviously, but this won't be an easy game and I wouldn't exactly be shocked to see Argentina win.

I pulled Argentina in the sweep but have put money on Germany. Worst case scenario is Germany winning after extra time and even then I'd still be up a tenner.

The People's Chimp

Cash out. ?300 from ?20 is a sweet win, you'll have that money in your back pocket and you can sit and enjoy the game. I don't think it's going to be the cakewalk everyone thinks it will - Germany weren't great in some earlier games, Brazil coasted through on luck and home-crowd refereeing and were due a pasting, a freak result there, while Argentina have been solid, if not hugely inventive, and have the little magician in their pocket to pull an 18 yard rabbit out the hat.

?20 a head.

What should I do?

Tell him to take a flying leap!

Germany will win the WC.

I'm going for the ?500.

If Argentina do win I still get ?100.

I can't cover it at the bookies as I've just arrived in Budapest.

I'm going for the ?500.

If Argentina do win I still get ?100.

I can't cover it at the bookies as I've just arrived in Budapest.

Shit loads of online bookies you can cover it with dude.

I would take the deal. You'll be more gutted if Argentina win and you don't take the deal than if you take the deal and Germany win put it that way.

He is offering to go halfers which means he is not confident of winning.

Says it all there :)

Rocco_Jambo

Your mate may be wanting to go halfers so he can back Argentina at 5/4 to lift trophy and max his profit if they win.

Goes halfers sticks ?200 on Argentina to lift trophy and still wins ?100 if they lose but gets ?550 if they win.

No way am I opening an online account with a bookie.

With my track record of drinking it would only end in tears.

anyway Germany will win so feck my unconfident mate.

I have Germany as well and it's winner takes all (?160) in my one :)

I thought about laying it off but nah, best go for it.

Your mate is basically offering evens as well. You can get 2.2 for Argentina to lift the trophy online so that's like an extra ?20-40 or something.

The only reason he'd offer is because he's shite-ing it knowing fine well Germany will pish all over them. Tell him to bolt, and collect a cool ?500 on the Monday :thumbsup:

gogadgetlegz

I've got a more complicated thing going on based on predictions but it essentially comes down to the same thing. Guy has offered halfers on $400 ($402 including stakes), which is extra cheeky, seeing as a Brazil win in the 3rd place game will render the final game irrelevant :tiny: .

Even still, I found myself starting to hedge bets by betting on Holland to finish as best Euro team (at the quarters stage) and other such nonsense.

Don't be distracted. You are quids in.

Alba gu Brath

Not if they play like they did against Ghana or Algeria.

Unlike Argentina who were unconvincing in almost all their games?

Germany gonna win. Enjoy your dough.

Nucky Thompson

Argentina will win and a lot of people will end up with egg on their faces

Unlike Argentina who were unconvincing in almost all their games?

Germany gonna win. Enjoy your dough.

Almost every team Argentina have played have bricked it up and tried to smother them. Germany will have more belief in themselves and it'll be a far more open game and that could play into Argentina's hands. Any team with Messi can't be written off.

Would be pleasing if the Argies won it now :jjyay:

No.

Still get ?100 so it wouldn't be so bad.

Tommy Wiseau

No.

Still get ?100 so it wouldn't be so bad.

It would feel like a loss :jjyay:

It would feel like a loss :jjyay:

It will if you keep mentioning it. :lol:

Germany will win so I'll be OK.

mattyw_1874

This is a bet with your mates, keep it interesting and rub it in his face when you win. Surely it can't just be me who thinks this way?

This is a bet with your mates, keep it interesting and rub it in his face when you win. Surely it can't just be me who thinks this way?

I will.

We got into this hoping we get a top country to win the ?500.

I've never been anywhere near so now that I am why should I dilute it?

I'm going for the lot.

I'd be laying off the risk on Betfair if it was me. Germany might be favourites but I don't think they're the stick on some think. Although I bet the Argies pre-tournament so I would say that! I speak from experience though - had Holland pre-tournament in 2010 and laid that off before the final.

Just for being runners up I get ?100.

That's odds of 4/1 really.

Archived