Away allocation when Rangers come to Tynie

mulleted_jambo

mulleted_jambo

I am thinking way ahead at the moment as we don't play them at Tynie till November 22nd. However given Rangers are likely to give us the usual 900-1,000 tickets this season I feel we should cut their allocation provided we sell enough season tickets to make it worth while.

We should be doing some kind of negotiations with them at the moment asking for extra tickets for the game at Ibrox and warning them we may cut their allocation if they don't give us extra. Obviously normally we struggle to sell even those tickets I think there will be a big demand for the game at Ibrox. Going by the way season tickets appear to be selling(we will know more at the start of next week exactly where we are) we will hopefully be in a position to do this. It would be good if the club were already thinking about this to try and pressure them in to giving us extra tickets.

I would say giving Hibs the whole stand is okay as we don't want them to start cutting our allocation just out of spite. Obviously it wouldn't be cause they have sold out.

Thoughts??

fabienleclerq

I don't think we'd sell it ourselves so I'd rather give them the roseburn and not deny them tickets out of spite.

If we want extra tickets for ibrox I reckon we will get them.

letsalldothebeattie

Will they turn up to Tynie? Are we not one of the clubs on the boycott list?

Can't cut the allocation just because they won't give us more tickets at Ibrox. No harm asking for more but can't see Budge say feck it you get only half the Roseburn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick James

If we can make up the extra 2,000 seats that we don't give them then quite right.

Can't see us selling 15-16,000 tickets though.

Franco Fascione

Are they not planning to boycott us anyway?

Those low lives will not be able to resist.

Our sales will depend on how we're performing.If we're sitting at or near the top in november, we'll get loads of extra walk ups and can afford to only give them half the Roseburn. If we aren't doing as well as many on here expect, we won't. Simples! We'd be better waiting to nearer the time before making any rash decisions and cutting of our nose to spite our face!!

The ones I know are definitely not boycotting and so I'd be fairly confident they'd sell out the Roseburn if we gave them it all. I really hope there's enough demand from our own support though which means we can justifiably give them less

Our sales will depend on how we're performing.If we're sitting at or near the top in november, we'll get loads of extra walk ups and can afford to only give them half the Roseburn. If we aren't doing as well as many on here expect, we won't. Simples! We'd be better waiting to nearer the time before making any rash decisions and cutting of our nose to spite our face!!

Do we not have to give them notice before the season starts

I recall the last time tried to cut there allocation we were told we couldn't because there "Northern Irish " fans had to book ferry and hotels months in advance

If we don't receive more tickets for Ibrox, then we must reduce there allocation to a comparable amount

Pans Jambo

The ones I know are definitely not boycotting and so I'd be fairly confident they'd sell out the Roseburn if we gave them it all. I really hope there's enough demand from our own support though which means we can justifiably give them less

This

Blue Til Death

Why are Rangers fans boycotting you? or any other team for that matter.!

Is it something to do with them being relegated, sorry for the ignorance but not clued up on this at all.. !

Back to 2005

Do we not have to give them notice before the season starts

I recall the last time tried to cut there allocation we were told we couldn't because there "Northern Irish " fans had to book ferry and hotels months in advance

If we don't receive more tickets for Ibrox, then we must reduce there allocation to a comparable amount

Don't think so. Sure we cut their allocation half way through 05/06.

Is it something to do with them being relegated, sorry for the ignorance but not clued up on this at all.. !

This may help

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9929199/Rangers-fans-threaten-to-boycott-away-games-if-new-Scottish-League-set-up-is-approved.html

Back to 2005

When they went in to liquidation we voted against them being reinstated straight in to the top league. Sporting integrity is in short supply with the authorities up here mate and some clubs were prepared to let the new version of Rangers in despite it breaking every rule in the book.

Are they not planning to boycott us anyway?

They are indeed, so lets help them along and give them half the Roseburn. Same with h1b5 **** the lot of them.

This whole "we shouldn't give them so many seats" patter is awful.

Rangers should be allocated a block at a time and the next phase released once the cash is handed over for phase1. If they sell out then fair play to them.

As a community - Hearts supporters/Kickback should be looking to support the club through ticket sales and in a positive fashion to increase crowds. Starting from a negative "we're only doing this to stop Rangers fans" is daft.

If there's a "sell out Tynecastle" for the Rangers games through Kickback then I'd support it.

I am thinking way ahead at the moment as we don't play them at Tynie till November 22nd. However given Rangers are likely to give us the usual 900-1,000 tickets this season I feel we should cut their allocation provided we sell enough season tickets to make it worth while.

We should be doing some kind of negotiations with them at the moment asking for extra tickets for the game at Ibrox and warning them we may cut their allocation if they don't give us extra. Obviously normally we struggle to sell even those tickets I think there will be a big demand for the game at Ibrox. Going by the way season tickets appear to be selling(we will know more at the start of next week exactly where we are) we will hopefully be in a position to do this. It would be good if the club were already thinking about this to try and pressure them in to giving us extra tickets.

I would say giving Hibs the whole stand is okay as we don't want them to start cutting our allocation just out of spite. Obviously it wouldn't be cause they have sold out.

Thoughts??

they are boycoting the game in favour of a demo its the Sevconian way.

What percentage of their ground do they give us?

We should give them the same percentage.

Seems fair enough to me.

We_are_the_Hearts

What percentage of their ground do they give us?

We should give them the same percentage.

Seems fair enough to me.

Agree with this, and to say the Polis wouldn't allow it is bollocks, they manage at the grounds in the Weeg! About time we stood up to they 2 every opportunity we can!

We should give them the Roseburn stand in order to maximise income for our club. They'll sell it out easily.

If we get close to selling our allocation for Ibrox that's the time to look at asking for more tickets. Can't blame them for not increasing the allocation just now, our Glasgow crowds have been terrible for years (with good reason).

For years ever team in the country have lived of the ugly sisters but times are now changing and what a stance it would be it me gave them only a section of the Roseburn.

Half the Roseburn should be used for walk ups, (non season ticket holders)

We_are_the_Hearts

We should give them the Roseburn stand in order to maximise income for our club. They'll sell it out easily.

If we get close to selling our allocation for Ibrox that's the time to look at asking for more tickets. Can't blame them for not increasing the allocation just now, our Glasgow crowds have been terrible for years (with good reason).

Depends on how the League looks at that point but if we are doing well we could sell half the Roseburn easy................plus it would give us a better chance on the park. Agree that our Glasgow crowds have been very poor for years.

Blue Til Death

Thanks for the heads up, stupid boycotting you though, If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't miss any of the grounds that voted against reinstatement, they would be first on my list to attend..!

lauriesrank

We can demand more tickets for greyskull anyway, they have to allow us 12%, then if we dont sell they can flog em to their own orcs (most of which will prob be from Edinburgh which makes me raging).

We_are_the_Hearts

We can demand more tickets for greyskull anyway, they have to allow us 12%, then if we dont sell they can flog em to their own orcs (most of which will prob be from Edinburgh which makes me raging).

You sure? Where does it state that?

lauriesrank

It may have changed but someone ITK will be able to elaborate.

I dunno, I mean we need every advantage possible and a less noisy away end is a plus, there is also no doubt in my mind we would sell out our end, but segregation (and there would be, their fans are feral and can't behave themselves) we would lose a bit of money

It may have changed but someone ITK will be able to elaborate.

Is it not a percentage of available home walk up tickets. I.e non season ticket holders seats.

So we should allow them around 200 tickets then, if correct.

lauriesrank

No that'd be 2000. Anyway, that used to be the guideline that you could demand 12 %

No that'd be 2000. Anyway, that used to be the guideline that you could demand 12 %

Oops. Missed the last 0.

Broxburn Jambo

Rangers should be allocated a block at a time and the next phase released once the cash is handed over for phase1. If they sell out then fair play to them.

As a community - Hearts supporters/Kickback should be looking to support the club through ticket sales and in a positive fashion to increase crowds. Starting from a negative "we're only doing this to stop Rangers fans" is daft.

If there's a "sell out Tynecastle" for the Rangers games through Kickback then I'd support it.

This makes sense to me

GarryJ-o-s

Surely if we give them half the Roseburn, then there will have to be a large portion of empty seats to desperate both sets of fans?

These tickets could be sold easily. To divide up the Roseburn would surely depriving the club of crucial cash?

the general

For years ever team in the country have lived of the ugly sisters but times are now changing and what a stance it would be it me gave them only a section of the Roseburn.

Half the Roseburn should be used for walk ups, (non season ticket holders)

could see big problems with segregation if we try that tact

there has been fighting in our ends before because of 'away' fans getting tickets sometimes from sympathetic Hearts fans

lets be big about this and not play spiteful games that belittle us as fans and as a club

the general

I think you are getting a bit mixed up there ... or where did you read this?

We_are_the_Hearts

could see big problems with segregation if we try that tact

there has been fighting in our ends before because of 'away' fans getting tickets sometimes from sympathetic Hearts fans

lets be big about this and not play spiteful games that belittle us as fans and as a club

What a joke of a post! If we are doing well then Hearts fans should get the tickets, end of! Just like they cut our allocation once they could get fans to fill their own stadium....

I thought that rule only applied to Scottish Cup ties?

Dagger Is Back

Oh just stop it will you? Far too much common sense. IMO, we need them to sell out the ground. I think it unlikely that we'd sell out virtually all if Tynie especially given the games will be moved for TV, ST holders donating their tickets back etc

Give them a block at a time as you've suggested but the rabid hordes will be drooling at paying us a visit.

frankblack

I thought the Orcs were going to boycott us, so surely the solution is to give all their seats to Hearts fans?

Strachsuit

If we reduce their allocation it means implementing a 400 seat long divide between the two sets of supporters and employing roughly 15 extra stewards to do so. The cost of that could potentially be around ?12,000 to the club so no, I don't see it happening.

We_are_the_Hearts

If we reduce their allocation it means implementing a 400 seat long divide between the two sets of supporters and employing roughly 15 extra stewards to do so. The cost of that could potentially be around ?12,000 to the club so no, I don't see it happening.

Pennies if it gave us a better chance of winning the League and tempted a few pay at the gaters back. This forum could probably raise that if need be! We need to think longer term...........it's all hypothetical until we see what the League position is come November

Dalstonjambo

Do you know what i'd do. Give them one section. Surround the section with an electric fence. Every 30 seconds one seat will disappear into the abyss with the seat and its occupier never seen again.

I'll even pay for the replacement seats

Strachsuit

Pennies if it gave us a better chance of winning the League and tempted a few pay at the gaters back. This forum could probably raise that if need be! We need to think longer term...........it's all hypothetical until we see what the League position is come November

Maybe but that was the sort of short-sightedness of the Vlad era. If there was even an element of doubt that we would sell all those tickets then the answer should be no. What if we choose to do it, give Rangers 2,100 as they had in '06 and then only sell 600 of the 1000 available? (That is 3,500 - less 2,100 - less 400 segregation). That would mean a loss of 800 tickets and add stewarding costs you are suddenly looking at almost ?25k! We definitely can't afford that.

I would like to see it happen if it is financially viable but there are significant costs involved so it has to be worthwhile in the long term. As you say, all depends on league position by then.

I genuinely think that the huns will sell out both times anyway, given the chance. Boycott rubbish has been long forgotten by most I reckon.

Gorgie_Rules

Sell them to them section at a time all the way across if they sell them all (which they will) fine, if not we take them. The club wont want to pay the cost of segregation unless it means there is going to be empty seats.

If love it if we shafted them with 2 sections but the club wont take the hit financially/the risk we might not sell them

rossthejambo

This is the common sense answer.

Unless the rules changed there's no minimum number of tickets that they can offer us in the league, Scottish Cup is the only competition that has that rule.

I'd be bang up for hurting Hearts financially just to piss off Rangers.

afhoaaptuatjpaasmfvm,vvsa.

Sorry about that. My headwand slipped.

Thanks for the heads up, stupid boycotting you though, If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't miss any of the grounds that voted against reinstatement, they would be first on my list to attend..!

Absolutely, this is the way I see it. Would love to see them with only a 1000 in the corner though and surrounded by Jambos..

Archived