Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

Clark Griswold

Nah he said the water is a bit murghky up here, and the bursds are too saagy.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

partick in for him

hold on, he was with partick, and if you believe 1 poster, was emptied for not being good enough. why would they be in for a player they had and released for not being up to scratch?

jamboinglasgow

I would much prefer Bauben than an inconsistent Robinson

I would want tha, thankfully we dont have that as Robinson was one of our most consistent players last season.

hold on, he was with partick, and if you believe 1 poster, was emptied for not being good enough. why would they be in for a player they had and released for not being up to scratch?

from goal.com hope Robbie snaps him up ye i know he played today for us

from goal.com hope Robbie snaps him up ye i know he played today for us

any idea how reliable goal.com is? just seems like a bit of a strange one if true.

any idea how reliable goal.com is? just seems like a bit of a strange one if true.

think its normally reliable for african players

Fourcandles

Bauben and Gomis pissed the SPL a few years back. Surely both of them together at the club can work wonders for players like Holt etc to have some freedom upfield.

While we are on the subject of spelling it's Prince Bawbag and Morgano Gonads please.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why do people think that he would be a good signing if he was that good somebody would have snapped him up. Oh and personally i think he,s another pretty boy look at me player like it or not we are gonna need hammer throwers to get us out of this league next season

I could not disagree with any of this anymore than I do. This sort of thinking would set is back decades.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

If he's coming back up to Scotland with the squad to train then it makes me think he'll be signing for us.

MrWinningSmith

If he's coming back up to Scotland with the squad to train then it makes me think he'll be signing for us.

Also the fact that he was only with us 2 days and played half a match. I assume taking him up with us is so we can take a further look at him. It will be interesting to see if Lee Currie is kept on longer.

Currie would be good for us - I believe - but if we could only sign one, it'd have to be Buaben.

If we were still in the top division, with vlads millions and a full squad, Buaben and Gomis would still be good signings

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If we were still in the top division, with vlads millions and a full squad, Buaben and Gomis would still be good signings

Bingo.

I think you should awake from your last decade dreams and smell the present day.

Too many are dreaming of yesterday and how things used to be with regards to a players talent and not what he can bring to the present day team.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think you should awake from your last decade dreams and smell the present day.

Too many are dreaming of yesterday and how things used to be with regards to a players talent and not what he can bring to the present day team.

Nonsense. He is bang on the cash. Your attitude would have seen us overlook Hartley, Skacel (second time around), Burchil and Mahe.

He is perfectly capable of recognising quality players, and has got these two spot on.

kylelauren01

I think Gomis and Bauban would bring a tremendous amount to the group of players we have now. Four at the back, those two in the middle and four ahead of them interchanging and moving forward knowing the insurance policy is behind them

right up till the end of last season Gomis was playing well, he didn't play every week because McNamara insisted on playing his mate from partick Paul Paton (a man affectionately known by fans as "the Donkey")

Buaben I concede has had a hard time of it recently but he's only 26 and the presence of gomis would re-ignite their successful partnership you would hope

Tasavallan

I am going to have a problem not referring to him as Prince Bawbag.

Caspian Primrose

Why do people think that he would be a good signing if he was that good somebody would have snapped him up. Oh and personally i think he,s another pretty boy look at me player like it or not we are gonna need hammer throwers to get us out of this league next season

:cornette:

Drivel.

Nonsense. He is bang on the cash. Your attitude would have seen us overlook Hartley, Skacel (second time around), Burchil and Mahe.

He is perfectly capable of recognising quality players, and has got these two spot on.

Perhaps you could tell us on what you base this rather bold statement ?

Have either of them somehow played out of their skins in part time appearences in 2 friendlies ?.. did you see them live ? have they shown top class form in training ?

If I said Player X was singing for Hearts and his last 2 clubs were Carlisle United and Partick Thistle both of whom released him you would not be so full of optimism and that is the truth ....... of course we can be fans but lets not close our eyes and minds to reality......both have question marks against them especially Bauben.

We can all hope it will work but lets not jump aboard the happy train just yet.... it's the over inflated optimism that jars at present.

Have either of them somehow played out of their skins in part time appearences in 2 friendlies ?.. did you see them live ? have they shown top class form in training ?

If I said Player X was singing for Hearts and his last 2 clubs were Carlisle United and Partick Thistle both of whom released him you would not be so full of optimism and that is the truth ....... of course we can be fans but lets not close our eyes and minds to reality......both have question marks against them especially Bauben.

We can all hope it will work but lets not jump aboard the happy train just yet.... it's the over inflated optimism that jars at present.

Are you serious?

They both pissed the SPL only two/ three years ago and regularly bossed games against us and controlled the midfield without breaking a sweat

Good technical players at a good age who at championship level will be hugely influential

Are you serious?

They both pissed the SPL only two/ three years ago and regularly bossed games against us and controlled the midfield without breaking a sweat

Good technical players at a good age who at championship level will be hugely influential

100% Serious........what has Bauben done in the last 2 years to create this over inflated view of him ?..............Carlisle and Partick freed him yet you seem to be living in a pre 2011 dream world about his abilities in particular... a player who has played less than an average of 20 matches per season in the last 3 seasons with such illustrious clubs above.

A forum should ask questions and this signing, should it take place , is a big risk based on his last few seasons.. why anyone could disagree with that astounds me ?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've seen him play against us and dominate midfields that had Aguiar, Stewart, Palazuelos, and other very good players for us in there. He is a good player, and he was in his pomp beside Gomis up here.

It's not a massive leap to understand he would link up well with Gomis for us in the division below the one he was excellent in.

Many players have periods where they dip in form and need to find their form again, and our club has a history of benefiting from such scenarios.

I wouldn't be so quick to base his perceived potential upon his turning out for a lower division English club, when our own club will be playing at one of the lowest professional quality levels in the UK in the coming season.

We can't afford players who are doing well at a higher level, and we need to be shrewd.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Buaben would improve our midfield immensely if he recaptures the kind of form he showed at Dundee United. Gomis, Buaben and Holt would be comfortably the best central midfield in the division.

He was on loan to partick, I have no idea how he performed but he certainly wasn't "released by partick" That would cause alarm!

siegementality

He was on loan to partick, I have no idea how he performed but he certainly wasn't "released by partick" That would cause alarm!

The fact that you don't know how he performed for a team that was in the same league as us could 'cause alarm'. I would suggest that the reason you don't know how he performed is because he didn't perform very well.

Bauben should be signed if only for the headline writers.

Brlliant name.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The fact that you don't know how he performed for a team that was in the same league as us could 'cause alarm'. I would suggest that the reason you don't know how he performed is because he didn't perform very well.

I'd suggest the fact that he previously performed very well against us, means a lot more than a poor season where he was struggling. :)

Sorry mate, my Partick TV subscription ran out in january, what would you say his worst performance was last season based on the games you watched?

maroonshrew

I havent seen enough of them in the past couple years to choose what side of the debate im on but the old "if he was that good someone would have signed him/why is he on a free" is absolute nonsense. By that logic no one without a club is any good and we have signed plenty freebies in the past as have other clubs that have gone on to do very well.

jambopilms

He is on trial to see if he is good enough. If he is he is offered a contract. If he's not he doesn't . I'm pretty sure he won't be getting signed on what he has done a few years ago or not given a chance because he didn't get on at Carlise.

I think people need to realise what level of football we are playing at and realise that Gomis and potentially prince bawbag are many times better than Robinson and hamill and are probably as good as we can expect to get.

jamboinglasgow

And yet you are doing the same, just presuming. Add in the fact that Alan Archibald said at the end of the season he wanted to keep him at Partick. thats not what would happen with a player who has not performed well.

siegementality

I'd suggest the fact that he previously performed very well against us, means a lot more than a poor season where he was struggling. :)

You could sign a lot of players based on that reasoning.

siegementality

Sorry mate, my Partick TV subscription ran out in january, what would you say his worst performance was last season based on the games you watched?

I'm not the one advocating signing him.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

You could sign a lot of players based on that reasoning.

You could lose out on many more good ones, by judging them on a poor season.

siegementality

And yet you are doing the same, just presuming. Add in the fact that Alan Archibald said at the end of the season he wanted to keep him at Partick. thats not what would happen with a player who has not performed well.

You'd need to ask Carlisle Utd what they think. He was their player after all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Or we could let our coaching team decide? Yes... That's my decision. :)

I'm not the one advocating signing him.

You're right, i'm an awful person :sob:

jamboinglasgow

er..what has Carlisle got to do with his performance at Partick Thistle, you said that he probably performed poorly, I showed that Partick Thistle's manager rated him. While he is contracted to Carlisle at the time it is not relevant to his performance for Partick Thistle.

siegementality

er..what has Carlisle got to do with his performance at Partick Thistle, you said that he probably performed poorly, I showed that Partick Thistle's manager rated him. While he is contracted to Carlisle at the time it is not relevant to his performance for Partick Thistle.

It's called balance.

siegementality

Or we could let our coaching team decide? Yes... That's my decision. :)

Let's see what they decide.

100% Serious........what has Bauben done in the last 2 years to create this over inflated view of him ?..............Carlisle and Partick freed him yet you seem to be living in a pre 2011 dream world about his abilities in particular... a player who has played less than an average of 20 matches per season in the last 3 seasons with such illustrious clubs above.

A forum should ask questions and this signing, should it take place , is a big risk based on his last few seasons.. why anyone could disagree with that astounds me ?

He was 23 three years ago and now he's 26 and he hasn't had any major injuries that I know of. That would suggest that his less impressive performances aren't because his legs have gone or he's lost sharpness. His best form came when he was alongside Morgaro Gomis, a player who now happens to play for us. We also have Craig Levein as our Director of Football, a guy who presumably knows how to get the best out of him.

Motherwell would never have signed John Sutton on "form" last year; they signed him on the basis that they could recreate the conditions which captured his best form based on his performances from years earlier. They managed it and he scored loads of goals for them.

Some players just need the right "fit" to play to their potential. On that basis, I think Buaben could be a very good player for us, as well as potentially helping Gomis to reach his best form.

It seems sometimes you can't even question a signing without some coming on and telling us they're right and anyone else even daring to question is somehow not keeping to the script.

All signings are risks.. I would suggest if a manager gets 50-60% of them right he is doing well in todays market but as we are now a properly run football club once more then discussing the merits of a signing is fair game and some of them have questions to answer.......some are unknown so we will need to wait and see... some are known to us and are clearly open to discussion and opinion.......Bauben may well sign and may well do well....fantastic if so but his recent record is somewhat sketchy hence my less than 100% positivity at this time re this signing.

That's interesting JiG, so buaben was good enough in the second half of last season for their manager to want to sign him and gomis was good enough for plenty of their fans to mourn his departure? It's almost as if the suggestion that they've both been crap for three years is completely baseless, good to know :)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Everybody knows buaben would be a good player for us

To say otherwise is just stupid

Or intentionally obtuse...

Hot since 86

It seems sometimes you can't even question a signing without some coming on and telling us they're right and anyone else even daring to question is somehow not keeping to the script.

All signings are risks.. I would suggest if a manager gets 50-60% of them right he is doing well in todays market but as we are now a properly run football club once more then discussing the merits of a signing is fair game and some of them have questions to answer.......some are unknown so we will need to wait and see... some are known to us and are clearly open to discussion and opinion.......Bauben may well sign and may well do well....fantastic if so but his recent record is somewhat sketchy hence my less than 100% positivity at this time re this signing.

Im not really sure what level of player you thought we would be signing for (an admittedly strong) Championship season.

Archived