Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

jamboinglasgow

That's interesting JiG, so buaben was good enough in the second half of last season for their manager to want to sign him and gomis was good enough for plenty of their fans to mourn his departure? It's almost as if the suggestion that they've both been crap for three years is completely baseless, good to know :)

I think people forget there can be reasons why it doesn't work out at clubs. From managers not using a player properly, injury, personal issues, etc. Yes Buaben did not have a spectacular time since united but he has not had a bad time.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
siegementality

It seems sometimes you can't even question a signing without some coming on and telling us they're right and anyone else even daring to question is somehow not keeping to the script.

All signings are risks.. I would suggest if a manager gets 50-60% of them right he is doing well in todays market but as we are now a properly run football club once more then discussing the merits of a signing is fair game and some of them have questions to answer.......some are unknown so we will need to wait and see... some are known to us and are clearly open to discussion and opinion.......Bauben may well sign and may well do well....fantastic if so but his recent record is somewhat sketchy hence my less than 100% positivity at this time re this signing.

Bearing in mind he hasn't and might not sign. Queue the "he's fecking rubbish and past it anyway" if he doesn't sign.

siegementality

Balance? Please explain...

One manger doesn't want him, another one does. Balance.

It seems sometimes you can't even question a signing without some coming on and telling us they're right and anyone else even daring to question is somehow not keeping to the script.

Not one person has been condescending towards you in this thread, despite you telling people their living in timewarps or whatever everyone has held their tongues on here and responded to you with nothing but their opinions

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think people forget there can be reasons why it doesn't work out at clubs. From managers not using a player properly, injury, personal issues, etc. Yes Buaben did not have a spectacular time since united but he has not had a bad time.

Indeed. See if everyone thought this way, we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Anyone who bases their opinion on a player's ability by who they played for or were released from, rather than how they performed when playing in front of them, really isn't a good person to debate with.

siegementality

Indeed. See if everyone thought this way, we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Anyone who bases their opinion on a player's ability by who they played for or were released from, rather than how they performed when playing in front of them, really isn't a good person to debate with.

Where you at today's game? How did he play?

Good point mate he must be shite

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Where I at today's game?

I R reedin threads an shit man.

siegementality

Good point mate he must be shite

So how did he play?

siegementality

Where I at today's game?

I R reedin threads an shit man.

Cool man!

siegementality

When?

Today, for Hearts, but you wouldn't know cos you were readin threads and shit man.

I just realised you two are arguing on two seperate threads :lol:

Think i'll leave you to it...

BigYin1997

Can I make the point here again of players we've brought in in the past which were slated as they just signed as they "weren't hearts standard" or "not good enough for the jersey". Those two players were Danny Grainger, Scottish Cup Winner and scorer and also Kevin Kyle, who performed very well for us and then was unfortunate with injuries and poor doctor procedures. I know were all supporters and we have a tendency to pass judgements on players we haven't seen play in a Maroon & White jersey yet, but if he signs then good, we have another squad player which RN & SC think is good enough for us. THEN we can pass judgement on how he plays 5 games into the season. Just a thought if we all good round slating him and then were forced to backtrack on our judgements if he turns out to be a great signing for HMFC.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Today, for Hearts, but you wouldn't know cos you were readin threads and shit man.

Today? A first pre-season game?

Not sure how the performance of a proven good player in a pre-season match would back up your negative opinion of a guy on trial with us... you're a bit weird with this one man.

:unsure:

siegementality

Arguing?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Nah, **** it. Fair point... I'm not overly bothered in carrying on either. I am seriously dubious about motives.

Mothy out!

siegementality

Today? A first pre-season game?

Not sure how the performance of a proven good player in a pre-season match would back up your negative opinion of a guy on trial with us... you're a bit weird with this one man.

:unsure:

Not being negative, merely trying to be realistic. If and when he becomes a Hearts player I will give him 100% support. I never throw my weight behind trialists or potential signings for obvious reasons. Will be more than happy if Prince signs for Hearts and turns out to be great.

right up till the end of last season Gomis was playing well, he didn't play every week because McNamara insisted on playing his mate from partick Paul Paton (a man affectionately known by fans as "the Donkey")

Buaben I concede has had a hard time of it recently but he's only 26 and the presence of gomis would re-ignite their successful partnership you would hope

Called this spot on. Go is and Bauben in the Championship is a no brainer.

Not one person has been condescending towards you in this thread, despite you telling people their living in timewarps or whatever everyone has held their tongues on here and responded to you with nothing but their opinions

Your post number 80 in this thread clearly shows you are not quite so squeaky clean as you claim in your comments... nothing concdescending in that post is there ?

We don't need Hammer throwers, you're stuck in the dark ages.

Cloggers? Hammer throwers?

Hiya Craig,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was 23 three years ago and now he's 26 and he hasn't had any major injuries that I know of. That would suggest that his less impressive performances aren't because his legs have gone or he's lost sharpness. His best form came when he was alongside Morgaro Gomis, a player who now happens to play for us. We also have Craig Levein as our Director of Football, a guy who presumably knows how to get the best out of him.

Motherwell would never have signed John Sutton on "form" last year; they signed him on the basis that they could recreate the conditions which captured his best form based on his performances from years earlier. They managed it and he scored loads of goals for them.

Some players just need the right "fit" to play to their potential. On that basis, I think Buaben could be a very good player for us, as well as potentially helping Gomis to reach his best form.

Just quoting this as in amongst all the dick measuring DC_92 has made a very good post that's been overlooked which is a pity as it captures the points of the debate well

Arthur Morgan

He was 23 three years ago and now he's 26 and he hasn't had any major injuries that I know of. That would suggest that his less impressive performances aren't because his legs have gone or he's lost sharpness. His best form came when he was alongside Morgaro Gomis, a player who now happens to play for us. We also have Craig Levein as our Director of Football, a guy who presumably knows how to get the best out of him.

Motherwell would never have signed John Sutton on "form" last year; they signed him on the basis that they could recreate the conditions which captured his best form based on his performances from years earlier. They managed it and he scored loads of goals for them.

Some players just need the right "fit" to play to their potential. On that basis, I think Buaben could be a very good player for us, as well as potentially helping Gomis to reach his best form.

This. Good post :thumbsup:

I think if Buaben signs and I hope he does, then him and Gomis will bring out the best in each other again. Do they still have the same agent?

Just quoting this as in amongst all the dick measuring DC_92 has made a very good post that's been overlooked which is a pity as it captures the points of the debate well

Agreed. I think most people would see Bauben as a good signing because of the reasons DC pointed out.

People worrying that he has lost it need to remember we're only asking him to play in the championship if signed. He'll walk it IMO.

Snake Plissken

Sometimes a player needs to make the right move to get his career back on track, we can be that move for Buaben.

I wouldn't have been displeased at the prospect of Prince signing even if we were still in the SPFL, just like all the other signings we've made thus far. Quite how some can grumble at the prospect of signing Prince Buaben for the Championship, I don't know.

I would much prefer Bauben than an inconsistent Robinson

Would prefer both of them to a dodgy Curry.

Happy to let the management team decide who is good enough to sign - EVERY player they deem

to fit the game style we are going to play is good

enough for me.

THEY will be judged on team performance and results and personally can't wait for the season to start :)

Reading some of the comments on JKB at the moment is cringeworthy but that's just forums I suppose ;)

Happy to let the management team decide who is good enough to sign - EVERY player they deem

to fit the game style we are going to play is good

enough for me.

THEY will be judged on team performance and results and personally can't wait for the season to start :)

Reading some of the comments on JKB at the moment is cringeworthy but that's just forums I suppose ;)

Because we are now out of danger and competitive football has yet to kick in, we have turned to slagging each other off. Just human nature.

Completely agree with your other points. The coaching staff will be working hard to build a competitive squad and get them match fit.

I wish them all the best and am super confident we will do well.

gashauskis9

Sometimes a player needs to make the right move to get his career back on track, we can be that move for Buaben.

I wouldn't have been displeased at the prospect of Prince signing even if we were still in the SPFL, just like all the other signings we've made thus far. Quite how some can grumble at the prospect of signing Prince Buaben for the Championship, I don't know.

Spot on chief.

merseyjambo

Sometimes players don't work out at clubs for various reasons.

Paul Hartley, let's be honest, had been mediocre at Hibs prior to him leaving there. Based on that form, there's not many would have bet on him turning out to be the player he was for us. Billy McKay was released by Northampton Town yet is one of the top scorers in the SPL over the last couple of seasons, who would have wanted him.

We sign 2 strikers recently in Wyness & Sutton. Both of whom are banging in goals elsewhere yet they come to us and couldn't score in a brothel. Why, the pressure of the move to a 'bigger' club, the manager changes and the new one doesn't see him fitting into his style of play or maybe he's on a contract where the club can't afford to play him. It's not as if we've never seen that before. Darren Jackson anyone.

David Clarkson is someone that on his performances for Motherwell, most people would have wanted yet he goes to Bristol City when McInnes is in charge. McInnes gets the punt and he barely kicks a ball, yet I'm fairly certain he could still do a job for a team in Scotland. Would we want him based on his form in Bristol.

Managers do get things wrong, even Alex Ferguson, but CL knows the player and maybe can get him to recapture his United form

Because we are now out of danger and competitive football has yet to kick in, we have turned to slagging each other off. Just human nature.

Completely agree with your other points. The coaching staff will be working hard to build a competitive squad and get them match fit.

I wish them all the best and am super confident we will do well.

Spot on ;)

What I saw from the stream of the 1st half against Bulgarian champions Ludogorets was really pleasing on the eye and reading reports from the win yesterday against Dinamo Bucharest - all looking positive for an entertaining season ahead :)

There were a number of good players in the Dundee United midfield at that time - Gomis, Robertson, Flood, Robson etc. - and my memory was that Buaben was given an armchair ride by them. But he was a young player and hopefully if he signs he can do the sort of job for our young players that the older players did for him back then.

:spoton:

Really don't get some people. He'd be a great signing for us. All we would need is another defender and a striker and our squad would be in a pretty strong going in to the new season.

I am not 100% certain about him, but if Neilson and/or Levein rate him, then I will go with this until I see how he plays.

To say he is not good enough, because his previous club released him, is just daft, as that would rule out almost every signing we are likely to make over the next few years.

There were a number of good players in the Dundee United midfield at that time - Gomis, Robertson, Flood, Robson etc. - and my memory was that Buaben was given an armchair ride by them. But he was a young player and hopefully if he signs he can do the sort of job for our young players that the older players did for him back then.

He wasn't playing against his team-mates. They can only do so much to make him look good.

Imagine if last season we had been given permission to sign one other player and Bauben was being touted.

What a difference a few months makes.

Arthur Morgan

Imagine if last season we had been given permission to sign one other player and Bauben was being touted.

What a difference a few months makes.

Exactly. I think some people take our current financial position for granted. Just be happy that we are able to make signings again!

I am not 100% certain about him, but if Neilson and/or Levein rate him, then I will go with this until I see how he plays.

To say he is not good enough, because his previous club released him, is just daft, as that would rule out almost every signing we are likely to make over the next few years.

Exactly where I am.

Not as excited about him as I am Gomis and the rest but I trust Levein/Neilson.

kingantti1874

What a car crash of a thread... Based on what I've seen of him previously looks like an encouraging signing...

Let's just trust Robbie and levein to determine whether they think he will be a good addition... Given some of the tough calls they have made already we can be 100% certain that they won't make a judgement based on sentiment or prior form.

Barry Robson left in January 2008, when Buaben was 19, and Flood left in January 2009, when Buaben was 20. Buaben didn't leave United until he was 23 after having been first pick in central midfield for United during 2009-10 and 2010-11, the only two seasons they've picked up 60+ points since the SPL started.

Some people really need to get themselves a ride.

Here and WTF is a pretty boy look at me player?

Some people really need to get themselves a ride.

Here and WTF is a pretty boy look at me player?

:rofl:

Bauben surely fits the mould that RN/CL have been talking about he is 26 and looking to get his career back on track.

I think this plus previously working with Levien will see us signing him.

Archived