Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrWinningSmith

Robbie mentioned it on the official website yesterday that he lived in Manchester so they invited him along to training. I'm looking forward to him getting a run out with Gosmis today at some point.

Griclesfield

RN will be no doubt keeping an eye on how the Prince trains and plays in todays match and select between him or Currie for a another Midfielder

Calling it now. If it's between Currie and Buaben then Buaben is a jambo.

The only thing that might scupper it is money but I think Levein could sort that no problem.

It also sees Robinson benched for the season as well. Provided Buaben Holt and Gomis stay fit.

MrWinningSmith

Currie has to Tikka big step up divisions... Can he do it or will it be an epic Phaal?

I would have thought that Bauben would be recruited before Currie if there was a clear opportunity to sign the former on acceptable terms. Really not done much since end of 2011/12 season when you looks at his stats though

Looked impressive at Utd and played 30+ games at Championship level for Watford after he left Utd. If that same player could re-emerge then he could be an excellent addition.

Good age also at 26

kylelauren01

Potentially a great signing if he and Gomis spark up the playing relationship they had at Utd. Fits the bill in terms of age, conducts himself well off the park, etc. Possible sell on value if he does a job. Would be my pick over Currie if only to knock the curry related quips on the head!!

kylelauren01

Imagine he made a few quid at Watford so money may not be a major issue. Apparently Gomis was on ?20k a week at Birmingham and he signed a deal giving him a fraction of that at Hearts

Would be my pick over Currie if only to knock the curry related quips on the head!!

:spoton:

We want nan o' that shite here.

Calling it now. If it's between Currie and Buaben then Buaben is a jambo.

The only thing that might scupper it is money but I think Levein could sort that no problem.

It also sees Robinson benched for the season as well. Provided Buaben Holt and Gomis stay fit.

Robinson just gone off injured today!

Imagine he made a few quid at Watford so money may not be a major issue. Apparently Gomis was on ?20k a week at Birmingham and he signed a deal giving him a fraction of that at Hearts

Despite the mad wages paid out in England - I would struggle to believe that Morgaro Gomis was earning ?1,000,000 a year basic salary at Birmingham

I don't imagine Lee Currie would be asking for too much, doubt very much that he was taking home good money from Berwick.

Who have we got in midfield just now, with 1st team experience? Gomis, Holt and Robinson? We're going to need more imo.

MrWinningSmith

I think we are bound to sign Currie or Gomis.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I don't imagine Lee Currie would be asking for too much, doubt very much that he was taking home good money from Berwick.

Who have we got in midfield just now, with 1st team experience? Gomis, Holt and Robinson? We're going to need more imo.

Centre midfield - just those three and Beith. We badly need a more attacking midfielder and a back-up defensive mid who could maybe also provide cover for CB or elsewhere in defence. Darren Barr springs to mind, only because he's a free agent, probably cheap and I thought did OK for us.

MrWinningSmith

I thought we had signed Gomis ?

Sorry Buaben...

kylelauren01

Did Darren Barr not sign for Dundee or did I make that up??!!

Funny how a player like Barr can become more thought of by some once he is gone than he was whilst here..................

I recall League Cup game at Falkirk when he and Bouzid were as bad a central defensive partnership as i can recall seeing in many a long year.

Let's move on eh

kylelauren01

The guy who told me about the Gomis wages at Birmingham is a close friend of his and who had nothing to gain from making it up. Compare the wages Zaliukas and Driver were on with us the it's not that big a leap to what Gomis was supposedly on down south

Robinson just gone off injured today!

Suspected broken leg unfortunately

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Funny how a player like Barr can become more thought of by some once he is gone than he was whilst here..................

I recall League Cup game at Falkirk when he and Bouzid were as bad a central defensive partnership as i can recall seeing in many a long year.

Let's move on eh

I liked Barr while he was with us - good attitude, did OK at DM, centre back performances mostly disappointing but he'd be good enough as cover. It's all about opinions I suppose!

Did Darren Barr not sign for Dundee or did I make that up??!!

He is training with Partick Thistle.

If Currie can play left back, then get him signed.

That should be a priority for us.

MrWinningSmith

I wouldn't sign somebody just because they can play in multiple positions. Let's just make sure he is competent in at least one of them before making the decision.

MrWinningSmith

Buaben training with us next week in Edinburgh :-)

Why do people think that he would be a good signing if he was that good somebody would have snapped him up. Oh and personally i think he,s another pretty boy look at me player like it or not we are gonna need hammer throwers to get us out of this league next season

TyphoonJambo

Why do people think that he would be a good signing if he was that good somebody would have snapped him up. Oh and personally i think he,s another pretty boy look at me player like it or not we are gonna need hammer throwers to get us out of this league next season

I disagree, Him and Gomis have history and Levien knows them both. In Craig I trust!!

Hot since 86

Aye let's forget about signing technically proficient players and get a midfield of cloggers in. Solid plan.

fabienleclerq

We don't need Hammer throwers, you're stuck in the dark ages.

Greedy_Jambo

I'd take him all day long. Came from ajax, went to dundee utd then watford then carlisle. He's only 26! He will piss the leagues in scotland.

MrWinningSmith

If he was that good somebody would have snapped him up.... WOW! This was a joke right?

GarryJ-o-s

Was impressive when he came on against us at Firhill the day we were relegated. That said he was only on for about 20 minutes so I won't be clamouring he's a superstar.

If wages are right then I'll file under 'could do a job'.

Greedy_Jambo

People that think Bauben would be a bad signing for a team in a the first division need to get a clue.

Bauben and Gomis pissed the SPL a few years back. Surely both of them together at the club can work wonders for players like Holt etc to have some freedom upfield.

Clerry Jambo

Bauben and Gomis pissed the SPL a few years back. Surely both of them together at the club can work wonders for players like Holt etc to have some freedom upfield.

Exactly what I was thinking mate

Holt needs to find a position in the midfield and I think he has the ability to push further up the park, create goalscoring chances and hit the net himself. He was far too safe and playing within himself last season, time to up it.

rossthejambo

Nice to see plenty ignorance about the style of football in the Championship.

ClassicalJambo

Always thought he was a quality player, be more than happy for our coaches to assess him and make a decision based on his "trial".

Punks No Deid

that's 100% what I'm thinking

MrWinningSmith

Slating us for making curry puns is a bit madrastic.

I'm not a a happy chapati about that either.

Archived