Alfredo di Stefano RIP (title updated)

Ulysses

RIP, will be remembered as one of the greats, a player my grandad talked about a lot as a genuine natural talent

Big Moysey

I know this will seem strange but when Hearts played Atletico Madrid a few of us went to see the Bernebau on the morning of the match. One of our party spoke Spanish and Di-Stefano actually appeared and asked who we were/what we were doing there. He then proceeded to get us shown round their trophy room. Just staggering amount of silverware and a great experience.

A true football legend R.I.P

Now there's a global superstar. By all accounts a tremendous footballer. RIP.

willie wallace

Probably the first superstar i ever saw albeit only on the tv.Hope the telly shows some footage of him and Puskas in action.

Sad to hear of old legends passing away. He was a real footballing legend

RIP sir

Saw him in the Real Madrid vs Eintracht at Hampden...............wonderful, wonderful player.

Oxford City

My father always said he was as good as, if not better than, Maradona.. so that's good enough for me.

RIP.

Jambo-Dave68

I had the good fortune to be at the Real Madrid/Eintracht game and he along with Puskas were sublime. Did Stefano will never be replaced in my mind by any player as the greatest I have seen. R.I.P.

john brownlee

Biggest regret that I was a naughty boy that day and My dad and uncle took my (noone interest in football) brother instead of me....RIP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FORTHCLYDE

When I was a lad he and Puskas were talked about in the same way as Maradona and Messi are today. Some said he was better than Pele.

RIP

I know this will seem strange but when Hearts played Atletico Madrid a few of us went to see the Bernebau on the morning of the match. One of our party spoke Spanish and Di-Stefano actually appeared and asked who we were/what we were doing there. He then proceeded to get us shown round their trophy room. Just staggering amount of silverware and a great experience.

A true football legend R.I.P

Lucky you

RIP Di-Stefano who has now gone to play in the big football stadium in the sky.

Archived