4 more signings?

Gorgie Aggro

RustyRightPeg

Am I the only one getting a touch excited at all these striking options we could potentially have?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clerry Jambo

Am I the only one getting a touch excited at all these striking options we could potentially have?

It's certainly promising to have a number of options upfront, time will tell whether they'll be exciting or not :2thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I doubt we will sign all of these players on trial. The fact they are on trial tells a story anyhow.

Its been far to long since we were all able to get excited about anything at the club. But the last two months have been brilliant! Just more and more good news comming out of the club and what makes it even better is the mess hibs are in right now!

Dr. Bapswent

Too often have we built up hysteria around strikers that are going to be the next big thing.

Makela, Wittenveen, Nade, McAllum, Ngoo

Its a difficult position to be a stand out player - most are average - a select few can be stand out heroes.

Its good to have options, but until the goals start going in, i think its too early to be excited about striking options.

Ngoo and McAllum should be let of their just young lads besides Ngoo scored a few with us! had a few shockers too but he did score a couple!

Jambof3tornado

The Dutch player you are all talking about has already been revealed as:

Rafael Uiterloo

looks like a younger, leaner MDV.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seems they have quickly identified problems from Alexander's interview, we are light in the front third. They like the defence but could use an old head I'd still suggest.

Ngoo and McAllum should be let of their just young lads besides Ngoo scored a few with us! had a few shockers too but he did score a couple!

He did indeed. Unfortunately my memory of Ngoo will be the shocker of a game he had in the LC cup final.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He did indeed. Unfortunately my memory of Ngoo will be the shocker of a game he had in the LC cup final.

I don't think he was as bad as folk make out in that game either. He was on a hiding to nothing with our ridiculous set up and line up. I think he did about as well as could be expected under the circumstances. I blame the decisions and performances of others, far more than Michael.

I don't think he was as bad as folk make out in that game either. He was on a hiding to nothing with our ridiculous set up and line up. I think he did about as well as could be expected under the circumstances. I blame the decisions and performances of others, far more than Michael.

I agree. He was let down by others on that day.

Agreed. Our defence was awful and Sutton missed some good chances to kill the game. Ngoo was in fact involved in the build up to both our goals. People expected too much from him.

Sepp's Bladder

If memory serves me right ngoo got both assists that day so think it's unfair to level the blame at him. John Sutton was the real **** up that day!

jamtartan74

Met Callum Paterson at t in the park yesterday tried getting exclusives on signings but no luck although he did say that there definitely will be more so that's good, nice lad as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All gone quiet on Bauben signing? Expected it to be announced yesterday.

Would'nt be surprised if it is announced tomorrow just as the 2nd tier season ticket prices kick in to stimulate a bit of activity. On the other hand he could be asking for more than we can afford which would be a shame.

rudi must stay

Would'nt be surprised if it is announced tomorrow just as the 2nd tier season ticket prices kick in to stimulate a bit of activity. On the other hand he could be asking for more than we can afford which would be a shame.

Could have something to do with Sow's wage demands, maybe they can't afford both..

Could have something to do with Sow's wage demands, maybe they can't afford both..

Could be or both asking too much. Might be neither of course, here's hoping. It would be great if we could get both of them.

Dr. Bapswent

Could be or both asking too much. Might be neither of course, here's hoping. It would be great if we could get both of them.

Would seem strange to take someone on trial if you know, that even if you want to sign them, their wage demands are too high for the club?

I appreciate things are rarely set in stone, but his wage demands should not be a surprise to us, and hopefully we would only spend our time on trialing those we are looking to sign.

To me, Paterson is the player we have who is closest to being ready to be sold on. I realise it's sad that we're looking to develop players to bring them to market, but that's the reality. Especially in the championship.

Paterson signing a new deal is great.

Malcolm Tucker

More good business done by the club.

Very important player for us.

Guest GhostHunter

Lets just hope he uses the money from the new contract to buy himself a pair of matching boots.

Lets just hope he uses the money from the new contract to buy himself a pair of matching boots.

And some razors to get rid of that god awful tache :)

Can anyone summarise who we have brought in, staff and player wise, so far?

From BBC website, not totally up to date I don't think:

In: Craig Levein, director of football; Robbie Neilson, head coach (East Fife); Stevie Crawford, assistant head coach (Falkirk); Morgaro Gomis, midfielder (Dundee United); Soufian El Hassnaoui, forward (Sparta Rotterdam); Alim Ozturk, defender (Trabzonspor); Neil Alexander, goalkeeper-coach (Crystal Palace); James Keatings, forward (Hamilton Academical); Liam Henderson, defender (Hutchison Vale); Alistair Roy, forward (Stirling Albion).

Out: Gary Locke, manager; Billy Brown, assistant manager; Alan Combe, goalkeeper-coach; Ryan Stevenson, midfielder (Partick Thistle); Jamie Hamill, midfielder (Kilmarnock); Jamie MacDonald, goalkeeper (Falkirk); Mark Ridgers, goalkeeper (St Mirren); Dylan McGowan, defender (Adelaide United); Jack Simpson, midfielder (Hamilton Academical); Callum Tapping, midfielder. Loan ended: Paul McCallum, forward (West Ham United).

scott_jambo

From BBC website, not totally up to date I don't think:

Out: Jamie Hamill, midfielder (Kilmarnock)

:jjyay: gives me the tingles. :)

Jamboscanbevicius

OK... all you ITK'ers...

What's happening this week?

When is Buaben signing? When is Sow signing? Will Ouiterloo be offered a deal? Any other trialists? Any news on the GK front?

It's all gone quiet. Time to prove your in the know!

Well somebody must be signing tomorrow STV news just said we will be speaking to Hearts new signing on tomorrow's news.

Unknown user

Would seem strange to take someone on trial if you know, that even if you want to sign them, their wage demands are too high for the club?

Happens all the time

Robbo-Jambo

Well somebody must be signing tomorrow STV news just said we will be speaking to Hearts new signing on tomorrow's news.

Could be an old new signing if you know what i mean :uhoh2: as in Keatings or Gomis

Could be an old new signing if you know what i mean :uhoh2: as in Keatings or Gomis

Got the feeling he slipped up lol his face changed when he said it as if he shouldn't have said it. He says it right at the end just after "we will show you highlights of Hibs game at East end park" and speak to Hearts new signing!

Back to 2005

Someone must know? I hope it's Sow.

If it's anyone likely to be Bauben. Think the Sow deal will take a few days to be negotiated seeing as he just arrived on Saturday.

Archived