***** URGENT MESSAGE TO ALL USERS *****

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

Due to the hardware failure one of the tables became extremely corrupted.

This corruption has affected a limited amount of users - these users have lost their member information - but NOT THEIR POSTS.

In order to fix - I need those affected users to email me their login name ONLY along with their email address used to register.

I can then extract your info from my back up and restore your account.

**** IF YOU CAN LOG IN, THEN YOU ARE NOT AFFECTED ****

Apologies for all this - i'm sure Uly/Maple Leaf will be along shortly to explain fully.

My email address is [email protected]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Auldreekie1874

That will probably explain why I've just seen a post by a user with no name.

Maiden Gorgie

Sorry for being a thicko but how do i know if ? I had enter log in details again, but profile and stuff looks OK...

Guest GhostHunter

No liking that kickback is on the rocks so close to the WC dex.

:muggy:

It's fine now - just need to deal with the fall out as best I can.

On behalf of the server company, you ALL have my apologies for the downtime - but be assured, we've done all we can to get us back to where we were.

If you can log in - you're not affected.

I can post, but it seems to have forgotten all the threads I've read previously.

It'll take me ages to work my way through the Rangers superthread!

Apologies for all this - i'm sure Uly/Maple Leaf will be along shortly to explain fully.

My email address is [email protected]

I can't explain fully, other than to say our new setup seems to have been incorrectly configured by our server hosting company. There was a serious crash, and it corrupted the member/user table.

Across the whole membership, we believe it affected up to 1% of registered accounts - that is up to 200 accounts. Ironically, it affected 40% of the management team accounts, one of which was mine. :hae36:

***IF YOU CAN LOG IN YOU'RE FINE***

If you can't, send an email with your user account login name (do not send passwords) to the email address provided above by Dexter.

Apologies to everyone for this, and for the service disruptions since yesterday evening. We'll be talking to our server hosting company about this, and if I have my way when we're finished they'll be feeling sorer and sorrier than a red-headed stepchild. :ninja:

We have been given an undertaking that the board is now stable - except of course for those accounts that may not be able to log in.

I can post, but it seems to have forgotten all the threads I've read previously.

It'll take me ages to work my way through the Rangers superthread!

Anyone who can get through that from start should get a knighthood :uhoh2: :uhoh2: :uhoh2: :uhoh2: at the very least.

Guest GhostHunter

A perfect excuse to "delete" certain users...

:look:

Dammit.

Opportunity missed.

OR WAS IT.

Guest GhostHunter

So far 2 accounts require fixing - but I know Fat Striker is another who's gone for a bit.

apologies again guys - i'll have you back up and running as soon as I can.

Did Vlad insert a doomsday bug in JKB that would be activated if he was ever removed from power?

Archived