The Kickback Summer Prize Quiz

John S

Now that the season is over and the World Cup beckons I thought it may be fun to have a Kickback Summer Quiz, and the JKB Management Team have gone along with the idea.

It will cost ?6 to enter the quiz. All quiz entries must be via the Kickback link to pay for your entry; the link to the donation tab for the quiz has been provided by Admin. This is the only way to pay for your entry. You can pay/enter here:

http://www.hmfckickb...r-prize-quiz/??

Collectively Kickback members have donated a significant amount to the club, but this time we want this quiz to be solely for the benefit of members. So except for a small percentage that will be deducted by PayPal, all entry fees collected will go into the prize fund.

The number of prizes and the prize values will obviously be dependent upon how many entrants are received. These will be announced as soon as possible after the entry deadline, but the more entries we get the better the prizes will be. To repeat, all of the money collected in entry fees except for PayPal charges will go back to competitors in prizes, and at least 40% of that will go towards the top prize. So if we get 100 entries, the prize fund will be in or around ?570, with a top prize of over ?200.

This quiz is intended to provide a bit of fun over the World Cup and in the run up to the start of the new season. It is important, however, that all members fully understand the rules before entering and I would ask you to carefully read them and to be sure that you understand and agree to them before entering.

Below, you will find the quiz, together with the rules for entry and the basis by which the winners will be decided.

Quiz:

1. Name the player (and his country) who will score the first goal in England?s group (Group D) in this year?s World Cup Finals in Brazil (5 Points)

2. Predict the time of the fastest goal scored in this year?s World Cup Finals in Brazil (Measured in full minutes. 5 points awarded for correct answer)

3. Will Luis Su?rez score when Uruguay play England Yes/No (1 Point)

4. Name the top goal (or joint top) scorer (and his country) in the World Cup (5 Points)

5. At what stage of the World Cup Finals will England be eliminated (5 Points)

Select your answer from:

Group Stage

Round of 16

Quarter Final

Semi Final

Runners Up

?They?ll Win It?

6. How many Red cards will be shown in the World Cup (10 points for correct answer; 5 points for any guess within 1 either way of correct answer)

7. How many goals in total (excluding penalty kick deciders but including penalties during games) will be scored in the World Cup (10 points for correct answer; 5 points for any guess within 3 either way of correct answer, 1 point for any guess within 5 either way of correct answer)

8. Name the 4 teams that will contest the World Cup Semi Finals (1 Point for each correct answer)

9. Name the World Cup Winners (5 Points)

10. Who will referee the 2014 World Cup Final? (5 points)

11. Not including Morgaro Gomis and Darren McGregor (who are already strongly linked with the club), name 3 new players that Hearts will sign between June 12 and 8 August (10 points for each correct answer)

12. Which team will Hearts play in their first HOME Scottish Championship game against? (5 Points)

13. Which team will Hearts play in their first AWAY Scottish Championship game against? (5 Points)

14. At midnight on 8 August 2014 will Terry Butcher be the manager of Hibs? Yes/No (1 point)

15. At midnight on 8 August 2014 will Ally McCoist be the manager of Sevco? Yes/No 1 point)

Rules:

1. Entry to the quiz is open to all Jambos Kickback members who register and who pay the entry fee before the entry deadline.

2. Entry is not open to non-members - this means that if you are not a registered JKB member you may not enter the quiz. Any entrants from non-members will not be counted and such persons may forfeit their entry fee. The organisers are not liable for any delay in the membership registration and validation process that might occur.

3. Entry to the quiz will be open as soon as the payment link to pay for your entry has been set up by Admin.

4. The closing date and time for entrants is Wednesday June 11 at midnight UK time; entries received after that date will be ineligible and you may forfeit your entry fee.

5. The amounts of prize money to be paid out will be posted on the thread, when entries have closed

6. Entry to the quiz is by one of two ways. You may either post your entry in this thread, or you may send your entry directly to John S by Private Message (PM). Entries by PM to John S will be acknowledged. Note that John S is organising the competition. Therefore his personal entry to the quiz may be by posting on the thread or by sending a PM to Ulysses and/or Dexter.

7. When you have posted your answers on the thread, or sent them to John S by PM your entry is final. Please be sure, therefore, that you are 100% satisfied with your selections before you finalise your entry. If you enter by posting your selections in the thread, please
DO NOT AMEND YOUR ENTRY IN ANY WAY ONCE IT HAS BEEN POSTED
, as any messages that are shown to have been amended will not be counted, your entry will be void and your payment will not be refunded. Please remember that once you have posted your entry, even if you amend it immediately, it will show as an amended post, and so will be void. Similarly, if you enter by PM, your first PM cannot be amended under any circumstances ? Please be careful.

8. For transparency, after the closing date a list of all entries will be posted on Kickback. This will include the user name and the answers selected and will allow for all members to track not only their own entries, but also those of other members. Updates of placings will be posted from time to time so that all members will know how they are performing.

9. There is no limit to the number of entries you may make; as long as you have paid for each one.

10. There is no limit to the number of prizes that you may win; each entry you make will be eligible to win a prize if it is in the top 4 prize positions

11. Winners will be announced on Friday 8 August 2014 or as soon as possible after that.

12. In the event of a tie at any prize level, the kickback management team will conduct an independent draw to determine the winners. For clarity if two entrants are tied in first place, the independent draw will establish who is 1st and who is 2nd, and so on until we have selected all winners.

13. Regarding Question 1, you must name the player, and his country. This is to avoid any ambiguity where players of different nations may have the same name.

14. Regarding Question 1, where a country has 2 or more players with the same name (an example may be Joe Cole and Ashley Cole), you must be specific about the player you have selected in your answer; failure to do so may result in you losing points.

15. Regarding Question 2, your answer should be expressed in full minutes. For example 1 minute, 3 minutes, 5 minutes and so on. If you consider that the fastest goal will be scored in under 1 minute, your answer should clearly state this, for example ?between 1 and 59 seconds? or under 1 minute.

16. Regarding Question 4, as with question 1, you must name the player and his country, and if the country has 2 or more players with the same name, you must be specific about the player you have selected in your answer.

17. Regarding Question 7, the total number of goals scored will be the total number of goals scored in all games, including extra time, where it is played, and including any goals scored by penalty kicks during the game. For the avoidance of doubt, where a game ends in a draw/tie, and is decided by a penalty kick shoot-out, only goals scored in regular and extra time play will be counted. Goals scored in the penalty kick shoot-out will not count.

18. Regarding Question 11, only players signed by Hearts between June 12 and 8 August will score points. This means that if you predict that Hearts will sign a player, and he actually signs prior to June 12, even if he had not signed when you made your prediction, you will not score points.

19. Regarding Question 11, the date that a player signs for The Hearts will be taken from the club?s web site.

20. If anything happens before the entry deadline that invalidates one or more of the questions in some way, the question(s) will be disregarded when calculating scores for the competition.

21. John S, in discussion with the Kickback management team will make the final decision on any disputes. Where there is any question of a conflict of interest in the decision making process, that will be managed by removing that person from the decision.

22. The decision of John S/ Kickback management team is final, and no discussions will be entered into.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to John S for this. You can enter the quiz competition by clicking the donate link at the top of the page and following the directions. Remember that there are two competitions on at the moment, so please select the right one when paying.

I tried to enter this but I think it went into the predictor.

can you move one of mine in this please Uly?

Cheers.

The Old Tolbooth

I'll get involved in this at the weekend, or perhaps sooner if I can find some time :thumbsup:

Great quiz and I'll get involved. Doesn't make sense to enter early, though. Why risk a signing arriving or finding out for certain if McCoist/Butcher are sacked?

:thumbsup:

Private Womble

Great quiz and I'll get involved. Doesn't make sense to enter early, though. Why risk a signing arriving or finding out for certain if McCoist/Butcher are sacked?

. Wrong thread

I'd imagine we'll get most entries just before the deadline.

You can pay your entry fee early but wait to the last minute to submit quiz answers.

You can pay your entry fee early but wait to the last minute to submit quiz answers.

Perfect. I'll sort this out over the weekend but will plan to enter on the last day, tbh.

now the boys are home I can get them to buy me beer and I can spend money on JKB. I will see how the week goes as to how early I pay

Six people have paid to enter the quiz so far, and we also have our first completed entry, thanks to oh ah grantona.

Have I or am I in the WC predictor twice?

hughesie27

Have I or am I in the WC predictor twice?

You've entered both separately.

Currahee, as hughesie27 says, you've entered both. I think Ulysess sorted it for you.

Are all entries going public

Yes, oh ah grantona. Some may post their entry publicly on this thread, however, as per rule 8 of the quiz:

" For transparency, after the closing date a list of all entries will be posted on Kickback. This will include the user name and the answers selected and will allow for all members to track not only their own entries, but also those of other members".

Cheers

John S

oh ah grantona

Yes, oh ah grantona. Some may post their entry publicly on this thread, however, as per rule 8 of the quiz:

" For transparency, after the closing date a list of all entries will be posted on Kickback. This will include the user name and the answers selected and will allow for all members to track not only their own entries, but also those of other members".

Cheers

John S

I only read the important rules :-)

Currahee, as hughesie27 says, you've entered both. I think Ulysess sorted it for you.

Perfect.

13 members have expressed an interest, 7 have paid entry fees, and one has filed a completed entry.

Here's a list, with those who have paid marked in bold and the completed entry also marked with an asterisk.

bighusref

bluesyDAjambo

Boof

brownkg

Currahee!

Glasgojambo

hughesie27

johnmitchell

King prawn

oh ah grantona - *

Sooperstar

Tams bird

Ulysses

Hannibal Lecter

Think i'll enter too, but will be closer to the deadline.

BTTT.

We'll pin this thread later, but for the moment we'll just let it run where it is.

16 members have expressed an interest in taking part, and 8 have paid their entry fees.

(I haven't counted John S in that, though. Are you playing, John?)

Yes of course, I'll enter (may even take a couple of entries).

I appreciate the strategy of a late entry. I do hope, however, that the expressions of interest and others all convert into entries as the more that enter, the better the prize monies will be.

John S

I'll take part - will do entry shortly.

Thanks essexjambo - entry received!

Am in, joined this yesterday lol( yes by accident oops)

Yes swavkav ? You?re in!

So are:

essexjambo

Tams bird

John S

bluesyDAjambo

oh ah grantona

hughesie27

Boof

King prawn

Sooperstar

Currahee!

Rememebr to get all entries submitted before the deadline please (and that includes me!).

John S

A couple of questions from the pedantic me...

Q11 - if a current player re-signs for Hearts, does that count as a signing?

Q15 - by 'Sevco' does that mean the team/club/entity of which he is currently manager? As otherwise the answer will be 'No' since Sevco isn't really a team but is fun terminology to use to get the Huns foaming at the mouth.

Thank that's all for now.

Q15 - by 'Sevco' does that mean the team/club/entity of which he is currently manager? As otherwise the answer will be 'No' since Sevco isn't really a team but is fun terminology to use to get the Huns foaming at the mouth.

Hi Boof

Re Q11 - if a current player re-signs for Hearts, does that count as a signing? - No, we're looking at new signings here, not guys who were under contract and then renew. A "new" signing may of course have played for the club in the past, so for example if Rudi signed (within the stated period) that would count as a correct answer.

Q15 - by 'Sevco' does that mean the team/club/entity of which he is currently manager? Yes it does. (As otherwise the answer will be 'No' since Sevco isn't really a team but is fun terminology to use to get the Huns foaming at the mouth.)

Hope this helps.

John S

Another BTTT.

At the moment 22 members have expressed an interest (including some double entries) and 15 entry fees have been paid.

The Mafia threads are somewhere else, pal, so just shag off. :cheese:

That's my entry in. Pinilla got to be top scorer :)

Entry received RobNox - thanks.

Please see your PMs and respond.

John S

Oh michty...another query.

Rule 7 - Do you want the full entry in one go (either on-thread or PM) or can we enter answers/guesses/predictions in dribs and drabs...e.g. Q 1,2,5,8 now and the rest later (but still before deadline)?

So far, 26 members have expressed an interest in playing (including some double entries), and 19 entry fees have been paid.

The list of entrants is below, with those who have paid marked in bold.

bighusref

bluesyDAjambo

Boof

brownkg

Chaka Demus & Pliers

Currahee!

essexjambo

Glasgojambo

Hannibal Lecter

highlandjambo3 (x 3)

Homme

hughesie27

John S (x2)

johnmitchell

King prawn

Niko (x2)

oh ah grantona

RobNox

Sooperstar

swavkav

Tams bird

tian447

Remember, if you haven't paid and submitted your quiz answers by the deadline - last thing (midnight) on Wednesday, June 11th - you'll have missed the boat.

If by any chance you've made a donation for the wrong thing, please let either myself or John S know before the deadline so we can sort it out for you.

Oh michty...another query.

Rule 7 - Do you want the full entry in one go (either on-thread or PM) or can we enter answers/guesses/predictions in dribs and drabs...e.g. Q 1,2,5,8 now and the rest later (but still before deadline)?

Its a good question Boof, and one that I had not thought about. Given that its not already covered in the rules, I guess you can do either but my preference from an admin perspective would be to receive full entries at one time rather than stages.

It's important to also remember (re rule 7) that once an entry, or part entry is submitted whether by PM or in this thread, the answers you provide are final and cannot be amended, so please do remember this.

Cheers

John S

Sooperstar

1. Luis Suarez, Uruguay

2. 3 minutes

3. No

4. Fred, Brazil

5. Group Stage

6. 23

7. 156

8. Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina

9. Brazil

10. Felix Brych, Germany

11. James Keatings, Rudi Skacel, Ben Williams.

12. Hibs

13. Cowdenbeath

14. Yes

15. Yes

1. Luis Suarez, Uruguay

2. 3 minutes

3. No

4. Fred, Brazil

5. Group Stage

6. 23

7. 156

8. Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina

9. Brazil

10. Felix Brych, Germany

11. James Keatings, Rudi Skacel, Ben Williams.

12. Hibs

13. Cowdenbeath

14. Yes

15. Yes

Credit to Sooperstar for being the first to share his entry on the thread.....

Who's next....?

Archived