The JKB World Cup 2014 Predictor Competition

Ulysses

It's been a while since the Predictor had an outing on JKB, but here it is again.

The 2014 World Cup gets under way on Thursday, 12 June at 9 pm UK time when Brazil play Croatia in S?o Paulo.

Once again, there will be an official JKB prediction competition. The format will be familiar to members who've played in JKB Predictor events, although it's a while since we've had one of those. Forecast the scorelines of games, and score 1 point for predicting the overall result (e.g. Italy to beat England), or 3 points for predicting the correct scoreline (e.g. Italy 1-0 England). There will even be some Platinum games along the way (where the points count double) to add some extra twists and turns to the scoring.

This will be an individual event. It will also be what we call a Gold event, where players pay via Paypal and the entry fees go into the prize fund for the competition. The entry fee on this occasion will be ?6.

Competition rules will be posted in due course. To enter, you can click on the Donate link at the top of the page, but remember we have two competitions running at the moment - so please make sure to select the right competition when paying.

The deadline for paying entry fees will be Thursday, 12 June at 7 pm UK time.

The deadline for putting in your forecast for any game in the tournament will be the published kick-off time for the game - you don't have to make all your predictions at once.

:toasting:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The prize fund will depend on how many entries are received. All entry fees (except for PayPal admin charges) will go into the prize fund for the competition, which is open to all JKB members who register and pay the fee before the deadline.

ok I will donate money to the user who wins. He/She/It xan thank me later

scottish_chicP

I would but I'm in Ibiza the week it starts and there is zero chance I'll remember to log on and predict!

I would but I'm in Ibiza the week it starts and there is zero chance I'll remember to log on and predict!

I'll send you a list of the games and you can PM me the forecasts before you leave.

Go on, you know you want to. I'm on holidays the first few days of the competition, and I'm running it. :laugh:

I'm game for that, will make my donation when I get home from work.

scottish_chicP

I'll send you a list of the games and you can PM me the forecasts before you leave.

Go on, you know you want to. I'm on holidays the first few days of the competition, and I'm running it. :laugh:

Oh go on then :D will send funds just now.

Will there be predictions to do every day Uly?

All tournament games will be included in the competition, except possibly the third place game. The only hard and fast rule is that a forecast for a game must be submitted before its scheduled kick-off time, so you can forecast as often as you like. As an aid to players, calls for predictions for batches of games will be posted every couple of days during the competition.

Will there be predictions to do every day Uly?

Think you do 3 or 4 days worth in advance if memory serves me right

The Old Tolbooth

Yip, count me in for this, but please remind me if I forget as I'm so damn busy just now :D

scottish_chicP
Yip, count me in for this, but please remind me if I forget as I'm so damn busy just now :D

You might need to spend more time indoors out of the heat :lol:

The Old Tolbooth

You might need to spend more time indoors out of the heat :lol:

:lol:

You'll keep ya wee shite ha ha :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maiden Gorgie

I'm in

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

scottish_chicP

:lol:

You'll keep ya wee shite ha ha :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:D :D

22 members have expressed an interest, and nine have paid their entry fees.

Here's the list, with those who have paid in bold.

Boof

brownkg

Chaka Demus & pliers

Costajambo

Currahee!

Everybody Loves Baz

Gavsy Van Gaverson

gowestjambo

Homme

hughesie27

John S

johnmitchell

Maiden Gorgie

MalkyMcFrench

portobellojambo1

rossthejambo

Rudi Skacel

Say What Again

scottish_chicP

songster

Ulysses

Vit The Jambo

Let me know if I have any of that incorrect (we do have two competitions open for business just now).

Am in I think, well I paid ?6, but I don't know what to:-( I have just woke up ;-)

Am in I think, well I paid ?6, but I don't know what to:-( I have just woke up ;-)

Nope, just checked my donations page & I joined the Summer Quiz!! :-(. Can this be changed?

scottish_chicP

Nope, just checked my donations page & I joined the Summer Quiz!! :-(. Can this be changed?

:lol: was very close to doing the same thing!

Tayside Jambo

Predicting the last 4 will be Brazil vs Germany

Netherlands vs Argentina

Final to be

Germany vs Netherlands

And the Dutch to win their first World Cup.

England to be out of the World Cup by the 19th of June (think that's when they play their second game.

Tayside Jambo

Didn't read the title properly, nor did I read any comments. I now get it, and I'm in! Shall pay later Uly. That ok?

Predicting the last 4 will be Brazil vs Germany

Netherlands vs Argentina

Final to be

Germany vs Netherlands

And the Dutch to win their first World Cup.

England to be out of the World Cup by the 19th of June (think that's when they play their second game.

Good luck with that, Holland are going out in the groups.

:lol: was very close to doing the same thing!

In both now!!

8e2u5e7y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm up for it. Is the Donate button only available in the full site, can't see it on the mobile version?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'm up for it. Is the Donate button only available in the full site, can't see it on the mobile version?

I was just trying the same on my phone. I'll pay when I get home tonight.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I was just trying the same on my phone. I'll pay when I get home tonight.

Archived