***Official Summer 2014 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Season's not over, but it's never too early eh? :whistling:

Some interesting stories in the last week, apparently Rodgers wants half a dozen high profile signings for Liverpool and Man U have just about tied up a 30m deal for Luke Shaw from Southampton. They're also after Cavani, Fabregas (again) and possibly Kroos.

There is no way the likes of Kroos and Reus will leave Champions League outfits who they play for week in, week out for a Europa League outfit at best. They may yet sign for them in a year or two but definitely not for next season. It's laughable to think otherwise IMHO. Luke Shaw I can see, Fabregas and Cavani I cannot!!

I think the cheque book will be out from Man Utd.

Players you don't think they will sign will sign because they will be on cosmic money.

Shaw

Cavani

Reus

Garay

All those sorts of players could end up at the club. Even without champions league football their global sales alone will fund plenty of those players.

Expect a marque signing from the east like Kesuke Honda to send shirt sales through the roof. That was one of the main reasons for signing kagawa.

tartofmidlothian

Liverpool trying to sign Lalanna from Southampton before the world cup.

Saying on the radio today that he's informed Southampton he wants to go.

Saying on the radio today that he's informed Southampton he wants to go.

Done and dusted next week.

For Liverpool though the defence will be the area they will really look to strengthen

I think you will see a left back, a centre back and a new right back signed with possibly a new goalkeeper and Lloris at spurs has been mentioned

Lots of movement out though as well .. they have players already out on loan like Reina and Borini who will be sold along with others like Aspas, Coates, Samed Yesil, Toure,Jose Enrique...........with Moses and Cissokho returning to their parent clubs.

Rodgers has blown a lot of cash on very average players and needs to get the key positions right next season

I am going to put this out there. As the only man probably brave enough to do it. SACRILEGE THEY WILL CRY!

Rudi is coming on for 35. Hasn't played a game in anger for the best part of a year or more.

We have to consider it a gamble to put that much stock in one God.

We really must have a plan B for a goalscoring attacking midfielder who will provide good support to the striker/s.

I keep wondering thinking of Joe Cardle. More of a winger but I saw him tear Hibs a new ****hole in the cup and he played very centrally that day drifting out wide only to give an option on the right when on the break.

Not going to take over the world but like Rudi he can ping one in the top corner or set up for a tap in just when you think the games beyond you.

tartofmidlothian

I am going to put this out there. As the only man probably brave enough to do it. SACRILEGE THEY WILL CRY!

Rudi is coming on for 35. Hasn't played a game in anger for the best part of a year or more.

We really must have a plan B for a goalscoring attacking midfielder who will provide good support to the striker/s.

I keep wondering thinking of Joe Cardle. More of a winger but I saw him tear Hibs a new ****hole in the cup and he played very centrally that day drifting out wide only to give an option on the right when on the break.

Not going to take over the world but like Rudi he can ping one in the top corner or set up for a tap in just when you think the games beyond you.

Controversial! Although not that much. I wouldn't bank on Rudi to be exactly the same player he was and I wouldn't say no to signing Cardle, for the Championship at least.

stevo and rudi = goals

tartofmidlothian

Having a look about online, it also seems Liverpool want Michael Vorm as backup to Mignolet, Arsenal want Alexis Sanchez from Barca and Man U want Kevin Strootman. 'The Dutch Roy Keane' apparently.

Going by the various rumours Loris is going to about half a dozen clubs.

I think he'll be a Spurs player next season.

Controversial! Although not that much. I wouldn't bank on Rudi to be exactly the same player he was and I wouldn't say no to signing Cardle, for the Championship at least.

We don't need another wide player and we already have better players in the squad never mind breaking through

Harry Palmer

For Liverpool though the defence will be the area they will really look to strengthen

I think you will see a left back, a centre back and a new right back signed with possibly a new goalkeeper and Lloris at spurs has been mentioned

Lots of movement out though as well .. they have players already out on loan like Reina and Borini who will be sold along with others like Aspas, Coates, Samed Yesil, Toure,Jose Enrique...........with Moses and Cissokho returning to their parent clubs.

Rodgers has blown a lot of cash on very average players and needs to get the key positions right next season

Spot on with that last sentence but he's admitted that he was buying cover and now has to buy players that are able to start. Might be more able to with CL football.

Liverpool defence is soft as shite and should be their focus. A central midfielder or two wouldn't go amiss for them either.

I think with regards to Hearts nothing is certain anymore.

Time to starting thinking. Who are Craig Leveins players?

I have suddenly lost all faith in getting Boyd or Rudi. I think under Locke they would be in but not anymore.

tartofmidlothian

I think with regards to Hearts nothing is certain anymore.

Time to starting thinking. Who are Craig Leveins players?

I have suddenly lost all faith in getting Boyd or Rudi. I think under Locke they would be in but not anymore.

Agreed.

If Rudi comes in its probably because the board recognise the commercial benefit. Either that or he's trained very well and Robbie knows it.

According to reports in the French media, Celtic are interested in bringing Christopher Dilo to the club in the summer transfer window. The 20 year old only joined St Mirren last July but he will be out on contract at the end of June.

France Football have reported that Celtic are among a number of clubs who are interested in taking advantageicon1.png of his current contract situation. He only signed a one year contract with St Mirren who aren?t extending this and therefore he will be a free agent in July. It has also been claimed that a number of French and English sides also weighing up the situation with the player.

Rio Ferdinand leaving Manchester United

Rio Ferdinand is to leave Manchester United in the summer after the defender was not offered a new contract.

The 35-year-old's departure will bring to an end a 12-year stay at the club, for whom he has made over 400 appearances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27386066

The Internet

Just in case anyone didn't think Chelsea were quite a detestable team already, they've signed Diego Costa.

The Southampton star, 26, will complete his switch before the England players report for the pre-World Cup training camp on May 19.

While the Saints will cash in, Bournemouth will be owed 25 per cent of the fee as the result of a deal struck 14 years ago when Saints poached Lallana aged 12 from his home town club's academy.

Kop boss Brendan Rodgers is a big fan of Lallana and said: "Adam is a terrific young talent, there is always speculation about young talent."

And according to reports, Lallana has now opted to join Rodgers at Anfield.

Great deal for Bournemouth considering he left them at 12 years of age !!!!!

NextGenerationJambo

According to reports in the French media, Celtic are interested in bringing Christopher Dilo to the club in the summer transfer window. The 20 year old only joined St Mirren last July but he will be out on contract at the end of June.

France Football have reported that Celtic are among a number of clubs who are interested in taking advantageicon1.png of his current contract situation. He only signed a one year contract with St Mirren who aren?t extending this and therefore he will be a free agent in July. It has also been claimed that a number of French and English sides also weighing up the situation with the player.

The guy that gifted us a goal against St Midden? :laugh:

According to the reports in Spain, David Luiz has signed for Barcelona on a 5-year deal that will be announced following the conclusion of the World Cup in Brazil.

19/5HMFC12

According to the reports in Spain, David Luiz has signed for Barcelona on a 5-year deal that will be announced following the conclusion of the World Cup in Brazil.

What about their transfer embargo?

jamboinglasgow

What about their transfer embargo?

because they appealing it, and a judgement on that wont come before the transfer window, it has been delayed until the next transfer window. So Barca can sign players but they have to pretty much prepare not just for this summer but next summer too. So heavy rebuilding work is going to happen.

NextGenerationJambo

I think the cheque book will be out from Man Utd.

Players you don't think they will sign will sign because they will be on cosmic money.

Shaw

Cavani

Reus

Garay

All those sorts of players could end up at the club. Even without champions league football their global sales alone will fund plenty of those players.

Expect a marque signing from the east like Kesuke Honda to send shirt sales through the roof. That was one of the main reasons for signing kagawa.

Reus has come out and said that he couldn't make it any clearer and he will be a dortmund player next season.

19/5HMFC12

Chelsea will be spending big this summer as well. They've got Costa but they'll be after more players. I heard they are interested in Paulinho from Spurs. Apparently agreed a contract.

Great signing, exactly what they need.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Great signing, exactly what they need.

A defender who is better in midfield? ::troll:::'>

A defender who is better in midfield? ::troll:::'>

Usually they wait till they've signed for Barca before switching to midfield.

tartofmidlothian

Chelsea looking at Firmino.

Man City and Arsenal sniffing around Di Maria.

Didn't Man U want Di Maria?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Chelsea looking at Firmino.

Man City and Arsenal sniffing around Di Maria.

Madrid would be mad to let him go. He's had a brilliant season.

Rumour has it (as always) that 30 million would be more than enough to see a deal done.

Personally I am struggling to see it. Real always make their marquee signing though and they may well let him go to fund/make space for Suarez should they get their man.

Who are you thinking he has blown a lot of cash on, Aspas and Alberto I am assuming? Can't think of anyone else who has been a waste. Sakho looks like he could develop into a top defender once he learns English. The other defender he bought is out on loan in Spain gaining vital experience. He was one for the future.

Yip, there is no way he will leave Real, and no way Real will want to sell him.

tartofmidlothian

I wonder if Vernon could do a job for us next season in the Championship??

I wondered that too, but his career average is pretty, well, average.

I wondered that too, but his career average is pretty, well, average.

Yes, this was my overall thoughts, but it wouldn't surprise me if we signed him.

I wonder if Vernon could do a job for us next season in the Championship??

If we need someone to hand out the half time cuppa then yes I believe he could.

If we need someone to hand out the half time cuppa then yes I believe he could.

This!looks less mobile than john sutton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holyrood_Hearts

Alexis Sanchez has been linked with a move to Liverpool. Read he had been in talks with Juventus.

I'm surprised Barca are selling him tbh.

Archived