Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Anyone watched Wynonna Earp? Great granddaughter of Wyatt Earp has to kill demons using his old gun.

Jury is out on this one, will have to watch more.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fargo season 2 is excellent. Better crime, pace and story wise than 1, characters more loyal to film and off beat humour better in first one IMO.

Watching Timeless on E4, it's not bad, bit storyline of the week like with a different time period each episode, but the overall arc is interesting enough at the moment. Also watched Travellers on Netflix, another time travel show, again pretty good with an interesting overall arc storyline.

Rudolf's Mate

Started season 2 of Marco Polo. I loved the first season however I wish I'd done a recap before the second as I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Still been really good though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Say What Again

I keep meaning to get round to Marco Polo. I might start it next week.

Watched the first series of The Fall this weekend. Pretty decent.

I was watching " sneaky pete" but gave up after 4 episodes.  I think with having Kodi there is so much on offer so maybe I dont give shows enough time?  I just wasnt getting into it.

I am enjoying " Taboo" with Tom Hardy. Its an interesting look at early 19th Century England...far removed from Jane Austen pish 

I've started watching Power. 4 episodes in and it seems a good watch so far

Half way through season 2 now. Would recommend this if you haven't seen it.

S2 Fortitude.

Dont bother. They wrote 2 episodes in advance and then made it up as they went along.

****ing hell episode 9 was a bit much to watch.Squirming in my seat stuff.

******* hell episode 9 was a bit much to watch.Squirming in my seat stuff.

Aye Mrs PJ heard me squealing from the kitchen. Men just make that noise when they see that kind of thing!

Kind of hoping that there is another season of Spiral looming.

Great French cop drama with brilliant characters. 

Should be able to get it on Netflix/Amazon etc

To fill the gap I've just finished bingeing on Marseille. Well worthy of inclusion on anyone's Watch List.

While I'm at it,..........does anyone know where to locate the series Case ?

You get the occasional tv clip saying the entire box set is free and available on More 4, yet every time I've searched for it you can only get episode 1 which aired on 24th Jan.

Bit frustrating as it looked excellent.

Decided to give two shows another chance...

" Sneaky pete"....Im now on episode 8 so ill finish the season But it feel its just been ok. Nothing outstanding.

" Bates Motel"  ....stopped watching this last year around season 3 but started up again and surprised how good season 4 has been.  It is definitely the best season and also for a horror series looks at mental health problems in a more serious way ( Norman visits a psychiatrist) . It also looks at the impact of his mental health on others. Its actually quite sad towards the end but I wont spoil it.  Both leads Freddie Highmore and Vera Farmiga are outstanding. 

Some people may appreciate this link as it has the dates for new episodes of current TV  shows in the USA so they will be on Kodi or available for download the next day or so...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/tv-premiere-dates-2017-guide-924143/item/tv-premiere-dates-2017-march-924125

...a bit disco

24:Legacy

Have now seen the first episode it seems more like the earlier days of 24. It has promise i'll see how it progresses.

Watched the first two now.

Think I'll stick with it as it does look promising.

...a bit disco

Just watched the first episode of Legion (based on the Marvel comics).

If you like your TV a bit kooky, off-key and sideways, this one's for you.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Edited by ...a bit disco

Rudolf's Mate

Sure I read somewhere that this was last season of Black Sails. Really hope not as it's been really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Say What Again

It is RM.

I'm waiting until there's a few episodes out until I start this season, but I saw it advertised as 'the final season' on the firestick earlier.

Just watched the first episode of Legion (based on the Marvel comics).

If you like your TV a bit kooky, off-key and sideways, this one's for you.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

i'm not sure about it, the first episode was strange but had some promise. I think i know a bit about how the story is going to go. If it gets up to the quality of other marvel tv shows like daredevil it will be a good watch

The missus has got me watching the Santa Clarita Diet. Drew Barrymores horror comedy from netflix.  It is a bit of a different take on the zombie type stuff

Just watched a four part BBC series Apple Tree Lane.  and thought it was really good

Milfs, rape and murder. Should I be finding this entertaining.

I noticed the Roots has been re-made with Forrest Whittaker in a lead role.

This was a massive series in the early 70s that I revisited a few years back for pure nostagia.

fancy giving this new one a go.

Rudolf's Mate

It is RM.

I'm waiting until there's a few episodes out until I start this season, but I saw it advertised as 'the final season' on the firestick earlier.

Yeah I'll wait until it's finished and watch the lot.

My cousins are over from South Africa and we were talking about BS and he said that it was filmed 20 mins away from where he lives. He said that they've turned the set into a tourist attraction and are doing boat tours etc there now :sob:

Sneaky Pete was pretty good. Midway through I wasn't sure but the last 3-4 episodes really picked up and finished well.

The OA can't believe I managed to complete it. Avoid.

Not sure what to move on to next, the new Homeland, the new 24 and designated survivor are things mid way through but one episode a week and DS on mid season break means I need something to get into.

It is RM.

Shite! Where am I going to get ma chebs viewing noo?

Randle P McMurphy

I have started to watch homicide - life on the streets again. It's a bit dated at times but still a quality show. This was David Simons precursor to The Wire

I have started to watch homicide - life on the streets again. It's a bit dated at times but still a quality show. This was David Simons precursor to The Wire

One of my favourite shows of all time. The cast is simply superb, in particular, Braugher, Kotto and Secor. Unbelievable acting.

No offence. On Chanel 4.

Best programme on telly

Heard good things about this from a friend so will try this too

Congratulations to " Fortitude"  The only crime show im watching for the scenery...!  The first series was bizarre and this one is living up to the same. Its like a poundstretcher version of " Fargo".  It really is completely disorganised but oh the scenery. !!!

Heard good things about this from a friend so will try this too

First season was brilliant 2nd though took a bit to get going and then only ended up alright.

...a bit disco

The Expanse Season 2 has been pretty good so far.

Unlike Season 1, that had the writers disappearing up their own arses with convoluted plotlines, good old actiony sci-fi is very much to the fore.

Carl Fredrickson

OJ: Made In America

A 3 part in depth doc about OJ Simpsons live. Watched the first episode last night - 3 hours long - two more to go.

Very, very good. Lots of info about his highschool football career, first marriage etc before getting onto him meeting Nicole and their turbulent marriage. 

Lots of detail too on the civil rights issues that marred America and in particular the actions of the police force in more than a couple of occasions. 

Totally riveting watch and the first 3 hours flew in. Will be interested to see if it keeps my attention for the next 6 hours 

OJ: Made In America

A 3 part in depth doc about OJ Simpsons live. Watched the first episode last night - 3 hours long - two more to go.

Very, very good. Lots of info about his highschool football career, first marriage etc before getting onto him meeting Nicole and their turbulent marriage.

Lots of detail too on the civil rights issues that marred America and in particular the actions of the police force in more than a couple of occasions.

Totally riveting watch and the first 3 hours flew in. Will be interested to see if it keeps my attention for the next 6 hours

Just won an Oscar as well

Samuel Camazzola

Ronnie O'Sullivan's American Hustle. I think this was originally broadcast on the History Channel about a month ago but managed to catch it on demand.

It's a four-part series where former World snooker champion, Ronnie O'Sullivan and his mate Matt Smith (the guy who presented Champions League coverage on ITV) travel around various locations in the States. They visit various iconic pool locations and meet up with significant figures involved in the game whilst trying their hand at a bit of hustling too.

The series is very watchable, inoffensive, interesting and a bit different. Ronnie comes across quite well and laid back. The scene where he hustles the guy with the condition that he has to play each shot with the hand nominated by the opponent is quite amusing - and impressive!

Struggling for a new show to watch. Please can someone recommend something based on my tastes:

Stuff I love: Black Sails, Game of Thrones, Gangland Undercover (well acted, liked that it was based on some true events, the undercover aspect appealed)

What I like: Outlander. West World, The 100

Average/ok shows: Vikings, Sons of Anarchy, Lost, The Walking Dead

Not my cup of tea: Breaking Bad

Edited by Alan_R

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series