Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

rudi must stay
4 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is Stranger Things worth sticking with? I watched the first couple of episodes when series 1 came out and it all seemed a bit juvenile to me, but most folk seem to rave about it.

Oh it gets much much better :thumbsup:

Edited by rudi must stay

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MacDonald Jardine
8 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is Stranger Things worth sticking with? I watched the first couple of episodes when series 1 came out and it all seemed a bit juvenile to me, but most folk seem to rave about it.

Talking of juvenile I started watching Marvels Runaways and am finding it surprisingly good. 

Carl Fredrickson

Wanted a break from my usual crime stuff so watched Schitts Creek and White Gold. 

SC is a typical US sitcom but it had a few laugh out loud moments. 

White Gold has a couple of the guys from The Inbetweeners in it and is about double glazing salesmen in the 1980s. Much preferred this.

Escobar PHM
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 13:08, Bleedsmaroon said:

Its a 'strange' one.  I stopped after the first 2 episodes as it seemed aimed at the low brow teenage market. However I was persuaded to go back to it and it does get a whole lot better mid to end of series one. Havent watched any of season 2 yet.

AuldReekie444
On 19/06/2018 at 11:07, Escobar PHM said:

Its a 'strange' one.  I stopped after the first 2 episodes as it seemed aimed at the low brow teenage market. However I was persuaded to go back to it and it does get a whole lot better mid to end of series one. Havent watched any of season 2 yet.

season 2 is rubbish, 

On 15/06/2018 at 21:26, MacDonald Jardine said:

Talking of juvenile I started watching Marvels Runaways and am finding it surprisingly good. 

basically rubbish tho 

On 15/06/2018 at 21:53, Carl Fredrickson said:

Wanted a break from my usual crime stuff so watched Schitts Creek and White Gold. 

SC is a typical US sitcom but it had a few laugh out loud moments. 

White Gold has a couple of the guys from The Inbetweeners in it and is about double glazing salesmen in the 1980s. Much preferred this.

both forgettable.

Punisher= rubbish

Westworld season 2, testing my patience

Counterpart= good, but never caught up with second half

On 09/06/2018 at 11:43, zorg1874 said:

Barry on Sky Atlantic, eight episodes all currently available on demand.

Billed as a dark comedy about a hitman who gets the acting bug.

Watched it over two nights and really enjoyed it.

Really enjoyed this one. Produced by Alec Berg who ws a writer on Seinfeld and directed episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Good comedy

JudyJudyJudy

Just finished " The staircase" on Netflix. It was excellent. A real whodunnit.   Still sure he did it.  ( its not a spoiler ) 

rudi must stay

Kidding starring Jim Carrey looks very good. As does John Simm's new show on itv set in Thailand. Looks visually good anyway

JudyJudyJudy
15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Mrs Dawnrazor wants to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix, is it any good? 

Yes it is but rather complicated. 

On 09/06/2018 at 11:43, zorg1874 said:

Barry on Sky Atlantic, eight episodes all currently available on demand.

Billed as a dark comedy about a hitman who gets the acting bug.

Watched it over two nights and really enjoyed it.

Just finished it. Very enjoyable. Felt it finished an episode or two to early but I suppose its set up nicely for Season2 if there is one. 

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Very chuffed to get home tonight and discover that season 3 of Preacher has started on Amazon Prime. 

woohoo, the first 2 series of this were absolutely crazy but really enjoyable

19 hours ago, Tazio said:

Very chuffed to get home tonight and discover that season 3 of Preacher has started on Amazon Prime. 

Good first episode as well...if it follows the comics, the place they have arrived at will ensure it’s some pretty messed up tv!!

Ren watching Blidspot, really good premise and idea but quickly became very formulaic and abandoned what made it interesting in the first place. Also I can't get past Sullivan Stapletons wierd angry eyed stare in every single scene. 

JudyJudyJudy
On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:26, Tazio said:

FFS!!

Sorry I was trying to be kind about it...Its a pile of absolute pretentious w**** rather than being " complicated".  Despite the great Anthony Hopkins.

Tried watching Dark on Netflix. Plot is soooo slow by episode 4 I died of boredom. It probably does get better but decided to watch Happy instead which is OK albeit a little fecked up.

On 23/06/2018 at 21:12, Dawnrazor said:

Mrs Dawnrazor wants to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix, is it any good? 

It is alright as previously mentioned.

JudyJudyJudy

" Rillington Place" was very good on Netflix.  Its a 3 parter , good cast and based on the horrible true story of serial killer John Reginald Christie and the disgusting framing of Timothy Evans who was hanged for a couple of Chrities murders. Terrible miscarriage of justice. 

Just started Hell On Wheels on Amazon, probably a bit late to the game but it seems pretty good from the first couple of episodes. 

On 30/06/2018 at 23:38, Tazio said:

Just started Hell On Wheels on Amazon, probably a bit late to the game but it seems pretty good from the first couple of episodes. 

Brilliant tv.

Judge Fudge

Mr Mercedes, based on the Stephen King book about a cat and mouse to and fro between a serial killer and a retired detective that worked the case. Top turn from Brendan Gleeson as the grumpy alcoholic ex cop. 8/10

3 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

Mr Mercedes, based on the Stephen King book about a cat and mouse to and fro between a serial killer and a retired detective that worked the case. Top turn from Brendan Gleeson as the grumpy alcoholic ex cop. 8/10

Sounds good, is it on Netflix?

Disco Dave
4 hours ago, Judge Fudge said:

I can second this. Really enjoyed it

Judge Fudge
17 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sounds good, is it on Netflix?

i caught it on amazon prime, one of those free 7 day trial channels

AuldReekie444

Active Shooter: America under Attack is good. 

8 programmes about shootings in the USA.

I thought they were well made programmes, and episode 7 made me cry

Disser Pointon

Got 1 episode of Happy on Netflix to watch, been enjoyable nonsense all the way through!

Anyone watched Aquarius with David Duchovny, was thinking of giving it a go?

New series of Goliath probably next along with Preacher S3.

tokyowalnut
6 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Got 1 episode of Happy on Netflix to watch, been enjoyable nonsense all the way through!

Series 2 of Goliath is really good. Happy is well worth watching, it's absolute brilliant nonsense!

Carl Fredrickson
On 29/06/2018 at 11:34, JamesM48 said:

" Rillington Place" was very good on Netflix.  Its a 3 parter , good cast and based on the horrible true story of serial killer John Reginald Christie and the disgusting framing of Timothy Evans who was hanged for a couple of Chrities murders. Terrible miscarriage of justice. 

Just finished this. An awful story very well done by Netflix. 

JudyJudyJudy
17 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Just finished this. An awful story very well done by Netflix. 

yes class acting from tim roth and Samantha Morton and the lad who played timothy evans

tokyowalnut

I'm currently watching Shooter. It's ok, but can't see how it's on 3 series. Can see it going the way of Prison Break. 

I've been watching Cloak And Dagger on Amazon Prime. 

I can heartily recommend you don't. I'm doing that thing of watching it out of habit but it really is poor, I can't believe Marvel have put their name to it. 

rudi must stay

Who Is America

New show on Channel 4. Looks like Sacha Baron Coen back at his clever and very funny best

MacDonald Jardine
On 13/07/2018 at 13:10, Bleedsmaroon said:

I've watched Aquarius. Great series.

Dunno if I’m a bit late and this has already been mentioned but I’ve just got to the last screened episode of Power on Netflix. 

Really good and quite gripping. 

1 hour ago, benny said:

Just finished series 4 of Bosch.

Loved it.

I initially thought the casting was wrong having read the books but I totally buy into him as Bosch now. 

Just started watching Secret City on Netflix, an Australian show about a journalist looking into a murder that appears to be linked to Beijing and Chinese influences on Australian politics. Pretty good and worth a watch. Anna Torv from the sci-fi show Fringe stars.

JudyJudyJudy

Watched the first season of " Money heist" on Netflix..  It started off ok but became more ludicrous after each episode with plot holes galore. and what is with Spanish tv programmes with their booming score !!! nearly knocked me off my sofa.  I finished the first season and have no interest in watching the second season unless I am very very bored. 

Fraggle Rock

Season 3 of  "Last Chance U"  is up on Netflix, It is at a different Uni than previous seasons , I think i will binge watch this tonight.

Edited by EH17

On 21/07/2018 at 16:06, EH17 said:

Season 3 of  "Last Chance U"  is up on Netflix, It is at a different Uni than previous seasons , I think i will binge watch this tonight.

How does that work then?? Same coach or just another lower level college taking on wayward players??

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Recommend a tv series