Poets, artist-warriers, philosophers, hammerthrowers

Coco

Pretty hard to dislike butcher, he always comes over as alright.

That piece was nasauting though, which is all to do with the journalism (and I use that term very loosely!)

Suspect Device

Was that an interview with a football manager?

Any insight into football style/ tactics/philosophy ?

I think Butcher would be a bit of a laugh to have a pint with, but a journalist interviewing him and the best he can come up with is Deep Purple/ don't appologies/ favourite artists????

Nonesense

Beats me how he ever managed to get his tongue removed from Butchers sphincter to allow him to write this drivel.

Got as far as "by Aiden Smith" then closed it.

No wonder the Scotsman's going down the shitter with welts like him STILL writing for it.

Pretty hard to dislike butcher, he always comes over as alright.

That piece was nasauting though, which is all to do with the journalism (and I use that term very loosely!)

Agreed on the article, absolutely vomit inducing. Aiden Smith is part of the Scottish culture of really poor football 'journalists'. It's staggering that he is allowed to write again and again about his wretched club, but it shows how far the scotsman has fallen.

On Pat Butcher himself I would disagree. Whilst becoming manager of h1b5 is a big part of my dislike for him, his behaviour during the ICT semi last year reminded me how horrible a character he is. Using his mind games on the ref to try and get ngoo sent off for getting kicked by his big thugs. Certainly tactic worked as ref gave ngoo nothing all day. h1b5 are welcome to butcher

Paulie Walnut

Utter nonsense and ramblings. very un professional and resembles something you would see in a fans blog by somebody trying desperately hard to be seen as intelligent.

Unfortunately this is what passes as journalism at the Scotsman these days.

"There's an honesty to Scottish football". Some guff in there but that tops the lot.

He does have a point, for instance Hibs got Owned on 19th May 2012 and thats me being Honest

Geoff Kilpatrick

I can see this feckwit latching on to us in Division 1 for a sequel to his shitey book.

Hopefully, we are less tolerant of his shite this time round.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I can see this feckwit latching on to us in Division 1 for a sequel to his shitey book.

Hopefully, we are less tolerant of his shite this time round.

He'd get ninety long minutes of absolute abuse every game.

There are sentences in the article that don't make sense FFS. When your journalists can't even punctuate a sentence properly, what does that say about the standards?

Butcher comes across as a full blown eccentric there as well, and trying too hard to present as intelligent.

Horatio Caine

I notice there's a reference to the big cup as the `holey grail` lol.

So holey that it slips through their fingers every year.

There are sentences in the article that don't make sense FFS. When your journalists can't even punctuate a sentence properly, what does that say about the standards?

Butcher comes across as a full blown eccentric there as well, and, trying too hard to present as intelligent.

Tommy

You're not supposed to put a comma before a conjunction. :toff:

Tommy

The oxford comma has fallen out of favour and its now acceptable, but but but....

Tommy

Perfectly acceptable if you are separating two distinct clauses in a sentence, which I was. :toff: , and B).

How is Aidan Smith still in a job??

That's up there with the pish that he wrote about Riordan last year, so sycophantic and tongue up arse it's unbelievable.

It's a disgrace that this fud is still a paid "journalist".

The oxford comma has fallen out of favour and its now acceptable, but but but....

It's these d****d Cambridge Pinkos, you know!

SirRudolphofSkacel

Aiden Smith is the sole reason why I do not read never mind buy a Scotsman these days. That type of self indulgent pro hibs guff is what has been churned out weekly as the Saturday feature since he became sports editor. It's. A shame because otherwise it was bbc a decent read on a Saturday.

Captain Canada

That was an embarrassing ramble of an article. I'm not a journalist but I do write for a living and that made me cringe. And not because it involved Butcher.

The most sycophantic, brown-nosing journalist anyone will ever have the misfortune to read. Nausea-inducing.

LydiaGoldLeitholympicsick.jpg

...a bit disco

Nice link at the end of the article too.

See also:

Lewis Stevenson plotting downfall of hometown side Raith Rovers.

Nice link at the end of the article too.

See also:

Lewis Stevenson plotting downfall of hometown side Raith Rovers.

He couldn't plot his way out an open door with a map.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I reakky hope Aidan Smith is hurting again today

Lying beside his lavy-pan in his Hibs jammies, empty bottle of Glen's vodka smashed in the tub and vomit in his hair... NAP!

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Could someone explain what exactly makes people - like all of the media it seems (are they scared of him or something?) - think Butcher is a good football manager? The fact that every fawning article about Butcher ignores football and focus on his eccentricities should be a big red flag for Hibs fans.

He did OK at Caley but nothing special considering there's not much between any of the teams under Celtic the last couple of seasons. Did he bring through any good youngsters for example? None that I remember. And he did virtually nothing before Caley.

Archived