How will you vote? JKB independence referendum poll, February 2014

Ulysses

Independence referendum - JKB voting intentions, February 2014  

421 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country? How will you vote?

• I intend to vote YES
    • I intend to vote NO
    • I am UNDECIDED
    • I intend not to vote
    • I am unable to vote

The referendum question is:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

How do you intend to vote?

It's more or less three months since we posted our previous poll on the subject to test opinions, and when that closed we said we intended to run further polls in the run up to the referendum.

Please see the link below for the JKB discussion on the referendum and related issues. If you do post about the referendum here, don't be surprised if your post gets moved to that thread.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/118618-scottish-independence-referendum-superthread/page__st__8650

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tommythejambo

I intend on voting yes, but I would've been no until a few weeks back.

Could still be swayed.

JamboInSouthsea

Uly,

May sound a daft question but what is the point of the 'I am unable to vote' part of err the vote, although I had to select that?

Should there not be separate I am unable to vote but would vote for either/or/no idea instead as this would give a better representation of JKBers views?

Uly,

May sound a daft question but what is the point of the 'I am unable to vote' part of err the vote, although I had to select that?

Should there not be separate I am unable to vote but would vote for either/or/no idea instead as this would give a better representation of JKBers views?

Probably because it doesnt really matter what expats think for this vote so whether you would vote yes or no is irrelevant.

It covers all bases, Yes, No, Undecided, Not voting and cant vote.

I would vote Yes but actually i will be out the country and therefore not voting

Nominate a proxy, if you live here normally that is.

Probably because it doesnt really matter what expats think for this vote so whether you would vote yes or no is irrelevant.

Not yet it doesn't. There is talk of a legal challenge to the ruling though, which would be very interesting.

EDIT: and for the record, it is a No from me.

Not yet it doesn't. There is talk of a legal challenge to the ruling though, which would be very interesting.

EDIT: and for the record, it is a No from me.

I lived in England for 30yrs and not for 1 minute would i have expect to have a vote on independence.

After all It was my choice to leave Scotland.

Back home now and voting yes

The referendum question is:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

How do you intend to vote?

It's more or less three months since we posted our previous poll on the subject to test opinions, and when that closed we said we intended to run further polls in the run up to the referendum.

Please see the link below for the JKB discussion on the referendum and related issues. If you do post about the referendum here, don't be surprised if your post gets moved to that thread.

http://www.hmfckickb.../page__st__8650

What was the results of the previous poll? That link doesn't work for me.

JamboInSouthsea

I appreciate this but was thinking more along the lines of judging how ex-pats or non Scots outside Scotland would vote if they could to gather this data as the simple 'Can't vote' option seems, to me anyway, a bit pointless.

FWIW I would vote yes but under the current system I can't.

I appreciate this but was thinking more along the lines of judging how ex-pats or non Scots outside Scotland would vote if they could to gather this data as the simple 'Can't vote' option seems, to me anyway, a bit pointless.

FWIW I would vote yes but under the current system I can't.

The purpose of the choices is to cover all the options available to JKB members. Some members can't vote or won't vote. In those cases, how they would vote if they could vote or would vote won't influence the result. Others can vote and intend to vote, and the poll lets them indicate if they intend to vote Yes, intend to vote No or are undecided.

JamboInSouthsea

The purpose of the choices is to cover all the options available to JKB members. Some members can't vote or won't vote. In those cases, how they would vote if they could vote or would vote won't influence the result. Others can vote and intend to vote, and the poll lets them indicate if they intend to vote Yes, intend to vote No or are undecided.

Fair enough!!

Any posts that relate to the poll itself or that simply state voting intentions have been retained on this thread. Any other posts that are debating the issue have been moved to the main referendum debate thread, which is at this link:

http://www.hmfckickb...um-superthread/

We'll do our best but we can't move everything, so if you post any debating messages on this thread there is a risk that they'll be lost. Please remember that we have one thread to keep all referendum debate posts in the same place.

Archived