Celtic Dot Count

mainstandjambo

mainstandjambo

Just spent some time counting green dots.

Wheatfield - 2755

Gorgie - 1955

Main - 1963

Total - 6673

Looks like we have only sold under 7000 home tickets s far for this game.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mainstandjambo

If we don't get a crowd of over 13,000 we will probably lose the benefit of television money as this will only replace the monies lost in poor ticket sales. Also as it is a cup tie Celtic get a share of gate receipts after certain deductions.

Fxxx the SPFL

total embaressment if we cant sell out remember half the gate money comes our way. i know it's on the box but jeeso.

The Treasurer

total embaressment if we cant sell out remember half the gate money comes our way. i know it's on the box but jeeso.

Sadly Ray I don't think we'll get anywhere near a full house. There are too many ready made standard "excuses" available for this one. We've no chance, we'll get pumped, hate listening to the bile from the sellik fans, it's a Sunday, it's on the tv, fans have already dug deep and can't give any more etc, etc feel free to add any that I've missed.

Alwaysinourshadows

How's it an embarrassment? We will most likely get humped therefore why should people pay ?20 to watch Celtic give us a doing?

probably a sense of dispiritment in the ranks, add to it the 'we need to do the christmas shopping' factor and that could contribute,

hope folk start buying tickets, c'mon folks you probably can still get your own seat, it's not too late.

How's it an embarrassment? We will most likely get humped therefore why should people pay ?20 to watch Celtic give us a doing?

That's the kind of attitude we could be doing without! Of course we want to win, that's why we go to Tynecastle to support our team, win, lose or draw!

Would be nice to knock the holders out in front of a sell out crowd!!!

Fxxx the SPFL

there is no guarantee we will het humped and if every Hearts fan took your view we would be as well to give Celtic the whole stadium. We are in administration and require every pound to keep the club going it;s called supporting your club.

Alwaysinourshadows

That's the kind of attitude we could be doing without! Of course we want to win, that's why we go to Tynecastle to support our team, win, lose or draw!

Would be nice to knock the holders out in front of a sell out crowd!!!

It's the truth though and that's why we still have over 6k tickets to sell.

Quite simple realy........thats what a supporter does.

Alwaysinourshadows

there is no guarantee we will het humped and if every Hearts fan took your view we would be as well to give Celtic the whole stadium. We are in administration and require every pound to keep the club going it;s called supporting your club.

I've got my ticket for the game

loveofthegame

Sadly Ray I don't think we'll get anywhere near a full house. There are too many ready made standard "excuses" available for this one. We've no chance, we'll get pumped, hate listening to the bile from the sellik fans, it's a Sunday, it's on the tv, fans have already dug deep and can't give any more etc, etc feel free to add any that I've missed.

This. A very sad state of affairs.

Celtic at Tynie in the Scottish Cup is about as big as it gets for Hearts. Anything less than a home sell out if pish-poor IMO.

A sell-out is about the only thing that will give us slightly more of a chance...

To those saying "we'll get pumped" - far, far stranger things have happened in football than this Hearts side beating that Celtic side.

Thanks for posting that, just convinced me...... 2 tickets purchased this morning :thumbsup:

Winston Ingram

The same people reaching for the excuse book would presumably be the first to slaughter our players for a poor attitude/lack of commitment?

And would lead the stampede for tickets for a cup final (or even just a tie) against Hibs?

Bought my tickets on Thurs and couldn't believe what was still available in prime section "D".

Facts are that all Scottish Cup ties are selling poorly (remember no Wheatfield against St J.)

I have been guilty of not attending these in the last few years.

A couple of regular attending mates have used the above excuses though.

Hearts website could do with pushing ticket sales a bit more.

I completely forgot it was next weekend until I was reminded at the game on Saturday.

Nelly Terraces

Agree with previous poster, they've not done much to promote this game & I'd also kibda forgotten about it until being reminded on Sat.

Take it I can can purchase online & get added to ST?

Agree with previous poster, they've not done much to promote this game & I'd also kibda forgotten about it until being reminded on Sat.

Yes just as long as your seat is still available. I think you had to buy your own seat before the end of last week to ensure that you got it. having said that by the current take up it should not be a problem.

HHGH

If you are able to go to this game but just choose not to purely because its Celtic....it says alot about your support for the club.

after the problems I've had recently, I've just bought my ticket,also purchased a half season ticket, so skint now :pleased:

Feck christmas, the kids want anything, they've got me, thats all they need :2thumbsup:

Spitonastranger

Only 12,000 of us made the trip to Hampden for that semi final, that was pish poor.

Aye and then the greetin for final tickets :uhoh2:

Hmm.. I booked my own seat this morning and there wasn't an option to add to my card had to print out tickets :unsure:

I'll be going, but folk having a go at fellow fans for not constantly emptying their pockets on command is childish.

The amount of money that is disapearing into BDO and the share issue before this is absolutely sickening.

I'll be going, but folk having a go at fellow fans for not constantly emptying their pockets on command is childish.

The amount of money that is disapearing into BDO and the share issue before this is absolutely sickening.

Just for my benefit can you explain what you mean by "disappearing into BDO" Thanks.

scottish_chicP

Only 12,000 of us made the trip to Hampden for that semi final, that was pish poor.

Was it really as little as that?

Their extortionate fees.

Thanks for the reply.

Pretty sure their fees are set at an industry standard though, also even if their fees were a fraction of what they are the difference would be going to our creditors (UKIO) so it's pretty immaterial how much they are.

Is it also not the case that they have capped their fees? I'm not sure about that but I'm sure I read it somewhere..

I bought my seat last week, as did the mate and his wee lad, so there'll be 3 of us at least in section Q. Celtic have a European tie this week and they often don't perform too well in their following match. It'sa one off cup tie and I'm still clinging on to the dream that we'll do a cup double and finish 11th.

:2thumbsup:

Is it also not the case that they have capped their fees? I'm not sure about that but I'm sure I read it somewhere..

Aye they have.

Thanks for the reply.

Pretty sure their fees are set at an industry standard though, also even if their fees were a fraction of what they are the difference would be going to our creditors (UKIO) so it's pretty immaterial how much they are.

Handing over money at the Hearts ticket office to know that it is being swallowed up by a multi-national financial isolvency firm is not the romantic notion I had when I was walking to Gorgie as a child. I hope they GTF as soon as possible. The longer they are here the bigger drain they are.

The "industry standard" fees are extortionate. Let's remember this "industry" is financial services. A very ethical and fair minded industry that is definitely not about squeezing every last bit of profit out of every client they have.

Handing over money at the Hearts ticket office to know that it is being swallowed up by a multi-national financial isolvency firm is not the romantic notion I had when I was walking to Gorgie as a child. I hope they GTF as soon as possible. The longer they are here the bigger drain they are.

The "industry standard" fees are extortionate. Let's remember this "industry" is financial services. A very ethical and fair minded industry that is definitely not about squeezing every last bit of profit out of every client they have.

Makes no difference how much longer they are here. Fees wise.

Does anyone know how our record against celtic compares to other teams in the league?

Certainly over recent years we must have one of the best. We have taken a few humpings but beaten them a fair few times as well.

loveofthegame

Not buying a ticket to see Hearts in a huge game because a tiny proportion of that money might end up in the pockets of the firm doing their utmost to save us from oblivion?

I've heard some shan excuses in my time for not going to a game, but that is one of the worst!

guy that sits next to me in sec D bought his on saturday and got his own seat(the deadline was wed 20th for your own seat) so the chances are you can still get your own seat,

also should note that he was unaware that the deadline was up so it says lots about the publicity for this game

Can't mind exactly. It was a few months ago though, sure someone will post a link.

What did frozen mean? That any new owners will have to pay BDO there money after takeover?

Lets be honest, however they spin it, large multinational corporate organisations do not deal in goodwill. The are obliged to squeeze the maximum amount of profit from any of their clients.

Not buying a ticket to see Hearts in a huge game because a tiny proportion of that money might end up in the pockets of the firm doing their utmost to save us from oblivion?

I've heard some shan excuses in my time for not going to a game, but that is one of the worst!

But I'll be going to the game.

What i'm saying is folk having a go at people for not choosing to go to a game when they are being milked dry for money left right and centre is not on. The fact that the money doesn't actually go to the club is a further frustration.

You're pointing the gun at the wrong person

One man to blame for the fact we have no option but to have administrators running the club....

(as there is the fact that the fans already poured ?1m of their hard earned into a pointless share scheme)

Good point about advertising/publicity. Nothing from the club emails wise

What did frozen mean? That any new owners will have to pay BDO there money after takeover?

Lets be honest, however they spin it, large multinational corporate organisations do not deal in goodwill. The are obliged to squeeze the maximum amount of profit from any of their clients.

The money is coming out the CVA is it not? They have capped the fees mate.

Explain that one?

Their fees will paid by the creditors when a CVA is completed (or after liquidation) and UKIO have agreed a set fee with them.

All the money that comes into the club just now goes into the running of the club and BDO can't touch it.

Archived