Ethernet cable for Sky on demand

Craigieboy

To get on demand etc from Sky (I'm reliably informed :rolleyes: ) I'll need an Ethernet cable from my wifi router to my sky box.

But is this the case? I've ordered a free box thing from Sky and it's taking its time coming. But it's supposed to give you access to on demand etc

My sky box is too far away from the wifi router to attach any pishy cable.

Anyone have one of those wee Sky boxes and what else can you get with it?

To get on demand etc from Sky (I'm reliably informed :rolleyes: ) I'll need an Ethernet cable from my wifi router to my sky box.

But is this the case? I've ordered a free box thing from Sky and it's taking its time coming. But it's supposed to give you access to on demand etc

My sky box is too far away from the wifi router to attach any pishy cable.

Anyone have one of those wee Sky boxes and what else can you get with it?

My Dad's got one. Just gives you the on demand service.

Pretty good.

Nucky Thompson

I just got mine delivered last week from Sky. It plugs into the back of my Sky Box and picks up a connection from my wireless router in a different room. Top notch

They work the same. He has the box. Plug it in the back of it.

So the arsehole that's telling me I need a cable is wrong then?

Nucky Thompson

Thought so.

Slightly more difficult than just plugging it in. You have to mess around with settings and options in your Sky box.

Slightly more difficult than just plugging it in. You have to mess around with settings and options in your Sky box.

:muggy:

I'm not good at that.

dalkeithjambo

I was on cable connection from broadband router to Sky HD box for on demand.

They then sent Wireless box, was pretty easy to set up but there's ultimately nothing different in what's available on demand.

Cable or box mate?

I have cable infront room & the box in my bedroom, cable wins, no contest!

Nucky Thompson

They then sent Wireless box, was pretty easy to set up but there's ultimately nothing different in what's available on demand.

:cornette:

I have got one of the new boxes that have wifi built in. :smug:

That box has just won 'Entertainment Gadget' of the year!

Do you need to upgrade to on demand or should it come as part of the service. I set it up last night and tried to access a box set but it told me to upgrade! I thought paying the feckers nearl ?70 a month would give me access!

Do you need to upgrade to on demand or should it come as part of the service. I set it up last night and tried to access a box set but it told me to upgrade! I thought paying the feckers nearl ?70 a month would give me access!

Box Sets are only available if you have Entertainment Extra+ on your package, movies only if you have Sky Movies etc

Guest C00l K1d

:laugh: :laugh:

That box has just won 'Entertainment Gadget' of the year!

I was actually annoyed at the time as I wanted to link up my magic eye but couldn't as it doesn't have a rf outlet. I soon sorted it by ordering a global io device that acts as an rf outlet. So happy days. Oh and thanks again for the friends and family code. :thumbsup:

Chaka Demus & pliers

I had a similar experience with Freeview.

My TV had freeview built-in. I went out and bought a freeview box, plugged it in.....same channels.

dalkeithjambo

I had a similar experience with Freeview.

My TV had freeview built-in. I went out and bought a freeview box, plugged it in.....same channels.

If you read the op he states he's heard he needs an Ethernet cable to get on demand channels but he is also getting the wee box and is it for on demand and what else can you get with it.

I'm saying I had wired connection and now wireless and there no difference is what you get for on demand anytime plus channels.

If you read the op he states he's heard he needs an Ethernet cable to get on demand channels but he is also getting the wee box and is it for on demand and what else can you get with it.

I'm saying I had wired connection and now wireless and there no difference is what you get for on demand anytime plus channels.

I understood you mate.

Ignore those arseholes.

:lol:

Chaka Demus & pliers

I'm saying I had built-in freeview and now a freeview box and the channels are the same.

Not sure what your beef is tbh.

Just installed my on demand box to the sky box this morning, piece of piss! less than 5 minutes work & it doesn't even use up a power point as it hooks up to the sky box HDMI slot. 1st time connection to Wi-Fi router using existing Wi-Fi password, job done. Only complaint is that I was looking for the box set of the Sopranos, can't find it. Does anyone know if its available?

For sky users looking to upgrade their box, the new high capacity box now has built in Wi-Fi.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Just installed my on demand box to the sky box this morning, piece of piss! less than 5 minutes work & it doesn't even use up a power point as it hooks up to the sky box HDMI slot. 1st time connection to Wi-Fi router using existing Wi-Fi password, job done. Only complaint is that I was looking for the box set of the Sopranos, can't find it. Does anyone know if its available?

For sky users looking to upgrade their box, the new high capacity box now has built in Wi-Fi.

Have you tried connecting with the ethernet cable to see if you can get The Sopranos that way?

Have you tried connecting with the ethernet cable to see if you can get The Sopranos that way?

Ah I see! using an Ethernet connection means your "connected" to da mob

Archived