Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

Guest GhostHunter

Eventually the Express will find a way to link this to Princess Diana.

..I know I shouldn't but...

:rofl:

That's their Monday Front Page's sorted for the next 20 years.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White Fiat Panda with scratches seen speeding away from the scene?

White Fiat Panda with scratches seen speeding away from the scene?

"I asked Charles apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of our butler's Fiat Panda. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her bodywork, her perfect little alloys torn apart".

Doctor FinnBarr

We left our daughter in a Turkish apartment whilst we went for a drink in the bar, think she was 9. She was ok

Maybe I should add that it was a ground floor room that looked directly into the bar and we had a table outside our balcony where we could watch her sleep and see the apartment door at the same time.

Your apartment had a ground floor balcony directly facing a bar where people could see right the way through the apartment and watch your child sleep?

Shan accommodation right there.

Already a theory man - see a couple of posts up :laugh:

Doctor FinnBarr

Your apartment had a ground floor balcony directly facing a bar where people could see right the way through the apartment and watch your child sleep?

Shan accommodation right there.

No, where we could sit and see her sleep

Aside from their ridiculous decision to leave kids sleeping alone and have a night out, their entire demeanour and body language has never , ever sat right with me.

Not that that counts for much.

Guest GhostHunter

One thing that's puzzled me from day one, and still does today..

How on earth did someone know there was a child on the other side of that exact window ?

Dexter, apparently "somebody" had been observing the apartment for several days. The parents had also booked their seats in the restaurant and a note had been left for staff saying they would be leaving the children sleeping in the apartment. This note was displayed publicly and the kidnapper may have seen that.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dexter, apparently "somebody" had been observing the apartment for several days. The parents had also booked their seats in the restaurant and a note had been left for staff saying they would be leaving the children sleeping in the apartment. This note was displayed publicly and the kidnapper may have seen that.

Ah.

Who would have thought that publicly displaying a notice stating that your infant children have been left unsupervised in a flat with an open window would prove to be a bad idea?

Guest GhostHunter

Who would have thought that publicly displaying a notice stating that your infant children have been left unsupervised in a flat with an open window would prove to be a bad idea?

Or that that person wasn't seen by anyone at the resort skulking around the door...

Patrick Bateman

So an unknown person climbed through an open window, picked up a sleeping toddler, making no noise whatsoever, with nobody noticing and who left absolutely no trace prints, DNA or fibres at the scene? Right then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

So an unknown person climbed through an open window, picked up a sleeping toddler, making no noise whatsoever, with nobody noticing and who left absolutely no trace prints, DNA or fibres at the scene? Right then.

Apparently that's what happened.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Feasible and more than likely for me

Even if it's feasible and likely, the McCann's would have to admit that there is nothing proving it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Btw, how the staff at the Express can look each other in the eye after publishing shit like this I've no idea:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/434972/Missing-Madeleine-McCann-was-spotted-alive-weeks-ago

"A barrister revealed a man boasted to him he believes he met her on a Mediterranean island.

"The man's shock confession was made at a party in the North-west of England - and the lawyer was convinced by the level of detail."

Well worth a page lead in a national newspaper then.

Christian Benteke

All these people who say 'aw I seen her, why the **** wouldn't you sneak away and phone the correct authorities when the child is in sight!?

More :lies: IMO.

TheMaganator

All these people who say 'aw I seen her, why the **** wouldn't you sneak away and phone the correct authorities when the child is in sight!?

More :lies: IMO.

Agreed.

Some guy tells you 'I met Madelline McCann the other day likes'.

Your response would be (if you believed them) to say say you were off for a drink or the toilet and to call the police.

If you actually saw her? You'd call the police and follow her.

That's what I would do, anyway.

That page is crazy. Infact any of these "underground" pages about the Royals are mental, like the one linking Saville & Charles for instance.

Maybe this shit is true, feck knows.

"To whom it may concern;

Our children are sleeping unsupervised in this room.

We have left the window open because it's hot here in Portugal.

Please don't molest/murder/kidnap our little darlings whilst we are out at dinner.

Love,

Kate and Gerry."

:cornette:

Patrick Bateman

"To whom it may concern;

Our children are sleeping unsupervised in this room.

We have left the window open because it's hot here in Portugal.

Please don't tear apart our darlings perfect little genitals whilst we are out at dinner.

Love,

Kate and Gerry."

Fixed that for you.

SectionDJambo

Not trying to be the uber parent but, like many others have said on here, we would never have left our boys alone anywhere, home or holiday, to go out on a jolly.

Never had a night, together, away from them. It's what happens when you commit to have children.

The result for the McCanns, if their version of events is true, is that they are now subject to the whim of any nutter or time wasting attention seeker, who feels like saying they know something that they haven't had the inclination to say before now. They also seem to have been unfortunate, in that the Portuguese police don't appear to have followed up the possibility of an abduction overly keenly. Whether because they suspected the McCanns or had other reasons, who knows?

All that is certain, in my view, is that a little girl was catastrophically let down by her parents, who seem to have attracted less criticism from the British press than they should have. They won't have been the first or last to behave this way with their parental responsibilities and it probably wasn't the first time they had done it either.

Not trying to be the uber parent but, like many others have said on here, we would never have left our boys alone anywhere, home or holiday, to go out on a jolly.

Never had a night, together, away from them. It's what happens when you commit to have children.

The result for the McCanns, if their version of events is true, is that they are now subject to the whim of any nutter or time wasting attention seeker, who feels like saying they know something that they haven't had the inclination to say before now. They also seem to have been unfortunate, in that the Portuguese police don't appear to have followed up the possibility of an abduction overly keenly. Whether because they suspected the McCanns or had other reasons, who knows?

All that is certain, in my view, is that a little girl was catastrophically let down by her parents, who seem to have attracted less criticism from the British press than they should have. They won't have been the first or last to behave this way with their parental responsibilities and it probably wasn't the first time they had done it either.

Good Post

........... and it probably wasn't the first time they had done it either.

It was not the first time they had done it, on that holiday alone. They left the kids alone every single night of that holiday, it is well documented.

A neighbour in the apartment above heard a distressed child cry for over 1 hour and 45 minutes from within the McCann apartment on a night prior to the disappearance, again documented. Kate McCann is documented as having said that Madeleine was upset one night and asked her parents the following morning why they didn't come when she and her sibling were crying, Kate and Gerry decided to be more vigilante in their "listening service" and decided to make more frequent trips back to the apartment, again documented.

Personally, if my kids told me one morning that they had been crying for me the night before, I would not be repeating the same routine of leaving them alone again the following night.

Has anybody here allowed their children to play in the garden out of their sight some of the time.

Has anybody ever left the front door open in summer or just unlocked and been upstairs while a child was alone downstairs?

Has anybody fed their children junk food?

Has anybody smoked in front of their children or let anybody else do so?

Has anybody exceeded the speed limit with a child in the car?

I really don't think any of these things is predictably worse than what the McCanns did, except probably the fast food and smoking.

It was not the first time they had done it, on that holiday alone. They left the kids alone every single night of that holiday, it is well documented.

A neighbour in the apartment above heard a distressed child cry for over 1 hour and 45 minutes from within the McCann apartment on a night prior to the disappearance, again documented. Kate McCann is documented as having said that Madeleine was upset one night and asked her parents the following morning why they didn't come when she and her sibling were crying, Kate and Gerry decided to be more vigilante in their "listening service" and decided to make more frequent trips back to the apartment, again documented.

Personally, if my kids told me one morning that they had been crying for me the night before, I would not be repeating the same routine of leaving them alone again the following night.

Those type of points and observations for me are reasons the McCanns wont do full on interviews as the idea of answering awkward questions and accepting criticism/responsibility for down right selfishness and appalling parental duties doesn't sit well with them

Maroon Sailor

Has anybody here allowed their children to play in the garden out of their sight some of the time.

Has anybody ever left the front door open in summer or just unlocked and been upstairs while a child was alone downstairs?

I really don't think any of these things is predictably worse than what the McCanns did, except probably the fast food and smoking.

Bet you nobody here has left their bairns unattended at night while enjoying an evening out with friends.

Bet you nobody here has left their bairns unattended at night while enjoying an evening out with friends.

You'd be wrong. See (numerous) previous McCanns-related threads.

Gregory House M.D.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

Oh dear lord. That lot are bat shit mental. That is actually disturbing reading.

Chris Benoit

Nonsense. How are any of them comparable with going out on the piss leaving your kids unattended? Will add that smoking or letting anyone else smoke in front of your kids is deplorable though

The Madeleine McCann threads never fail to astound over the years. Recent events still produce more hatred on this board towards the McCanns - parents who've lost a child - than towards the mother of baby P. :nono:

They were 50 yards away and returning every 25-30 minutes. They were also in a holiday resort which had its own security.

It's not as if they just went to a nightclub and came home at 7am steaming.

Chris Benoit

They were 50 yards away and returning every 25-30 minutes. They were also in a holiday resort which had its own security.

So are you saying what they did is acceptable?

How do you know ?? The holiday resort also had facilities for the children to be looked after 24/7 which was never used or did they bring their Nanny they employed. The sad reality is that couple left their kids unattended on a regular basis, sadly one disappeared and not one ounce of remorse not one. I may add your earlier comparisons are ridiculous

No remorse, desmondo?

Are you in charge of any children right now?

I'd be more worried if you were Wavey , yer at the ham

Those type of points and observations for me are reasons the McCanns wont do full on interviews as the idea of answering awkward questions and accepting criticism/responsibility for down right selfishness and appalling parental duties doesn't sit well with them

Awkward questions? These are the questions that Kate refused to answer when interviewed by the Portuguese police ...

1. On the 3rd of May 2007, at around 10 p.m., when you entered the apartment, what did you see, what did you do, where did you search, what did you handle?

2. Did you search in the couple?s bedroom?s closet? (said she would not reply)

3. (Two photographs of her bedroom?s closet are exhibited) Can you describe its contents?

4. Why are the curtains in front of the side window, behind the sofa (photograph is exhibited) ruffled? Did someone pass behind that sofa?

5. How long did the search that you made in the apartment after detecting the disappearance of your daughter Madeleine take?

6. Why did you say straight away that Madeleine had been abducted?

7. Presuming that Madeleine had been abducted, why did you leave the twins alone at home while you went to the Tapas to raise the alarm? Even because the supposed abductor could still be inside the apartment.

8. Why didn?t you ask the twins at that moment what had happened to their sister, or why didn?t you ask them at a later point in time?

9. When you raised the alarm at the Tapas, what exactly did you say and what were the words?

10. What happened after you raised the alarm at the Tapas?

11. Why did you do to warn your friends instead of calling out from the balcony?

12. Who contacted the authorities?

13. Who participated in the searches?

14. Did anyone outside of the group learn about Maddie?s disappearance during the following minutes?

15. Did any neighbour offer you help after the disappearance?

16. What does the expression ?we let her down? mean?

17. Did Jane mention to you that she had see a man with a child that night?

18. How were the authorities contacted and which police force was called?

19. During the searches, and already with the police present, in what locations was Maddie searched for, how and in what manner?

20. Why didn?t the twins wake up during that search, or when they went to the upper floor?

21. Who did you call after the facts?

22. Did you call SKY News?

23. Did you know about the danger of calling the media, because that could influence the abductor?

24. Did you request the presence of a priest?

25. How was Madeleine?s face publicized, with a photograph, or other media?

26. Is it true that during the search you remained seated on Maddie?s bed without moving?

27. How did you behave that evening?

28. Did you manage to sleep?

29. Before the trip to Portugal, did you comment on a bad feeling or a bad premonition?

30. What was Madeleine?s behaviour?

31. Did Maddie suffer of any disease or did she take any kind of medication?

32. What was the relationship like between Madeleine and her siblings?

33. What was the relationship like between Madeleine and her siblings, her friends and her colleagues at school?

34. Concerning your professional life, in how many and in which hospitals have you worked?

35. What is your medical specialty?

36. Did you work by shifts, in emergency rooms or in other departments?

37. Did you work on a daily basis?

38. Did you stop working at a certain point in time? Why?

39. Do your twin children have difficulty in falling asleep, are they unruly and does that upset you?

40. Is it true that at certain times you were desperate over your children?s attitude and that left you were upset?

41. Is it true that in England you considered the possibility of handing over Madeleine?s guardianship to a relative?

42. In England, did you give your children medication? What type of medication?

43. Within the process, you were shown films of cynotechnical inspection of forensic character, where the dogs can be seen marking indications of human cadaver odour and equally human blood traces, and only of human origin, as well as all the comments that were made by the responsible expert. After the visualization, and after cadaver odour was signaled in your bedroom next to the wardrobe and behind the sofa that was pushed against the living room window, you said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said?

44. You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of human blood behind the sofa by the detection dog

45. You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of cadaver odour in the boot of the vehicle that you rented a month after the disappearance?

46. You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, concerning the marking of human blood in the boot of the vehicle?

47. You said that you could not explain anything apart from what you had already said, upon being confronted with the result of the collection of Maddie?s DNA, which was analysed by a British lab, behind the sofa and inside the vehicle?s boot?

48. Did you have any responsibility or intervention in the disappearance of your daughter?

Hardly awkward ...

Police have released the e-fits of a man they want to speak to. I thought it was two guys they were looking for when first seeing the article on the BBC this morning, but no, they are supposedly the same guy. Oh, and he's 20-40 and basically...medium everything. Should be an easy guy to remember from 6 years ago then....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24513267

Police have released the e-fits of a man they want to speak to. I thought it was two guys they were looking for when first seeing the article on the BBC this morning, but no, they are supposedly the same guy. Oh, and he's 20-40 and basically...medium everything. Should be an easy guy to remember from 6 years ago then....

Aye that'll narrow it down. White male, brown hair, average height and weight, aged between 18 and 80. To quote Chief Wiggum, suspect is hatless, repeat, hatless.

Aye that'll narrow it down. White male, brown hair, average height and weight, aged between 18 and 80. To quote Chief Wiggum, suspect is hatless, repeat, hatless.

One image shows a man with a jaw like Desperate Dan. The other shows a man who seems to be missing half a jaw.

:vrface:

Christian Benteke

Leaving your child alone in a foreign country whilst you go out on the piss is far far worse then any of the above.

Chad Sexington

:rofl:

I thought it was two different men :facepalm:

Jaw aside - the two pictures are not that unlike each other - the noses are a bit different.

I'll be watching Crimewatch tonight though.

My parents used to leave me alone at hom during the day for an hour or so growing up - never when I was 3, but certainly under the age of 14. That was not uncommon either, amongst my group of friends.

I also remember being allowed to expolre Centre Parks etc on my own (or with mates) as a youngster. I was also allowed to be on my own in hotel resorts in places like Spain.

This was in the 80s and early 90s - I suspect many on here will have had similar experiences.

Guest GhostHunter

One image shows a man with a jaw like Desperate Dan. The other shows a man who seems to be missing half a jaw.

:vrface:

The image on the right bears a remarkable resemblance to one of the Tapas 7

_70456623_madeleine_efits.jpg

matt-oldfield_small.jpg

Not saying anything, just that the e-fit can be made to match just about anyone if you look hard enough

Geoff Kilpatrick

Job done. Space filled in world media for a couple of days and then the world moves on.

Job done. Space filled in world media for a couple of days and then the world moves on.

That depends on what else is "revealed" on tonight's program. All news channels last night were stating that the e-fits were based on witness statements made by the Smith Family. Anyone who has read Martin Smith's witness statements will be aware of the content.

The People's Chimp

I'm not one for posting in these threads but if the above is true, it's crazy. Having had a fairly free reign on holiday as a kid, and having been left in a hotel room once while my parents went downstairs for dinner, I'm not sure I can blame the McCanns for a one off decision, but from this, it looks like it was anything but and even when faced with upset, crying kids, they still left them at night. That does shift my view on them. Then hearing there was a babysitting service available at the resort and it starts to stack up against them. The stuff about leaving a note on the door is totally bonkers/weird. Who would do that? Why not just take the kids with them? Weird. A note FFS.

Archived