Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

Maroon Sailor

Kate and Gerry will be on the programme.

Why can't they stay out the way and let the Police do their jobs / make the appeal, like they do with most cases they have covered since Crimewatch began.

Only a matter of time before they get their own daytime programme anyway. The Kate and Gerry Show.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a couple things that don't make sense from the information reported. All 3 kids were in the same room, the eldest was "kidnapped" without any noise being made. So either kids are heavy sleepers or kidnapper/s was very quiet. The parents could see the room from where they were having their dinner.How could anyone from the table not see any activity? Just seems a bit strange. I think she has been killed either before or after "kidnapping". The pictures of her birthmark on her eye might have sealed her fate as who would risk taking her out in public even many years later?

Chris Benoit

Kate and Gerry will be on the programme.

Why can't they stay out the way and let the Police do their jobs / make the appeal, like they do with most cases they have covered since Crimewatch began.

Only a matter of time before they get their own daytime programme anyway. The Kate and Gerry Show.

Well they need a replacement for Supernanny

The McCann's are no doubt guilty of a serious error of judgement leaving three bairns alone in an apartment in a strange country but I think they've paid for that error a thousand times over. There's a real hatred for them, which is understandable I suppose but I don't believe they killed her.

The fact they refused to answer questions from the police in the days after the incident said a lot imo.

Surely you would want to help the police by answering.every question openly as possible.

Would still rattle the mum.

Maroon Sailor

The McCann's are no doubt guilty of a serious error of judgement leaving three bairns alone in an apartment in a strange country but I think they've paid for that error a thousand times over. There's a real hatred for them, which is understandable I suppose but I don't believe they killed her.

They definitely didn't kill her.

Chris Benoit

They definitely didn't kill her.

No, they just weren't around to protect her from someone who did

Once off? I seriously doubt it bud. If ever there was a first time they were going to abandon their kids and leave them completely alone and extremely vulnerable I highly doubt a foreign holiday would be their choice. Reeks to me of parents who had done this before, got away with it, and thought they could do it again. Regardless of who took that wee bairn, they parents are the absolute scum of the earth and IMO are as guilty as the abductors (if indeed there was any). What they did was completely unforgivable in any circumstances.

That's why we have police and courts. :thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

My favourite McCann story is the bit in the book where the bat shit crazy mum imagines her missing daughters puberty.

I can't remember exactly what it said but was creepy as hell.

My favourite McCann story is the bit in the book where the bat shit crazy mum imagines her missing daughters puberty.

I can't remember exactly what it said but was creepy as hell.

Was there not a creepy mention of her genitals? I might be wrong, if so a message from a mod probably awaits.

Sterling Archer

Was there not a creepy mention of her genitals? I might be wrong, if so a message from a mod probably awaits.

That's what I'm thinking of.

Not her genitals, the comment

I see the McCanns are looking for a nice wee round figure of a cool million in comp, surely its not about money :uhoh2:

I see the McCanns are looking for a nice wee round figure of a cool million in comp, surely its not about money :uhoh2:

Plus the met police bill is so far is at a cool 5 million and the government are covering all costs....if the mcCanns win their comp will they give it to the government???????????

That's why we have police and courts. :thumbsup:

The police seemingly ballsed it up by all accounts which makes any court case look bleek.

would they the parents be treated differently if they were from niddrie

Definitely. The holiday would have been in Seton Sands for a start.

Guest C00l K1d

Think it might be time to shut the door on this case tbf.

I genuinely think after the media uproar about it the kidnappers wouldve panicked and killed her.

Horrible to even think about posting that but i dont think shes still alive.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

The police seemingly ballsed it up by all accounts which makes any court case look bleek.

If it was ballsed up, that was not the fault of any UK police force.

My point is that people keep asking why the McCanns weren't done for criminal neglect. The answer is that the only evidence of such neglect happened outside the jurisdiction of any British police force.

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart".

Now that's just not right.

Chris Benoit

That's a messed up thought process right there

I cant believe given the media hype surrounding this that the whereabouts of this poor little girl have never been determined it looks like Crimewatch are launching another appeal with on 14th October.

" A major new appeal with substantive new information "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130

What I have real difficulty in understanding is the " A major new appeal with substantive new information ", yet the programme is being advertised as if it is an episode of a soap opera.

If there is "substantive new information" that is to be shared with the public, then why delay the disclosure of this information. If it is hoped that this "substantive new information" leads to new information being provided by the public that could in anyway assist the investigation, why wait a week or so.

It is effectively an appeal for information but is being delayed, why?

Once off? I seriously doubt it bud. If ever there was a first time they were going to abandon their kids and leave them completely alone and extremely vulnerable I highly doubt a foreign holiday would be their choice. Reeks to me of parents who had done this before, got away with it, and thought they could do it again. Regardless of who took that wee bairn, they parents are the absolute scum of the earth and IMO are as guilty as the abductors (if indeed there was any). What they did was completely unforgivable in any circumstances.

Maroon Sailor

What I have real difficulty in understanding is the " A major new appeal with substantive new information ", yet the programme is being advertised as if it is an episode of a soap opera.

If there is "substantive new information" that is to be shared with the public, then why delay the disclosure of this information. If it is hoped that this "substantive new information" leads to new information being provided by the public that could in anyway assist the investigation, why wait a week or so.

It is effectively an appeal for information but is being delayed, why?

Because those two megalomaniacs, Kate and Gerry, the stars of the show, have to have time to arrange childcare

Prince Buaben

Because those two megalomaniacs, Kate and Gerry, the stars of the show, have to have time to arrange childcare

If they had arranged child care in the first place then the appeal wouldn't have been needed.

1z1ydlv.jpg

True, but I think what they did is equivalent to driving at 75 mph on the motorway with a child in the car. It is illegal and irresponsible but it will only be disapproved of or thought serious if a crash occurs. If it doesn't, nobody is going to be a paraiah for doing it. Yet the difference may be only luck.

Did Ben Needhams family get ?4.5 million in taxpayers money spent on attempts to find their son?

I read a timeline thingy that said they checked on their kids every 30 minutes and that the patio doors were left unlocked so they could access the apartment easily. Seriously, how did seemingly educated and intelligent people think this was acceptable? And as already said on this thread.....it's highly likely this was a common practice. I get twitchy when my two wee lads are playing out of sight at the side of our house a mere 15m away. And when i'm on holiday......they're practically handcuffed to me and the wife. On holidays the likelyhood of me getting knocked down from constantly watching them rather than where I'm going is probably pretty high.

I'm also struggling to understand this appeal? This crime happened in Portugal. What substantial new information is going to jog the memories of UK residents as to who took the wee lassie? And a reconstruction......of a crime that no-one saw.....a speculative short film about what police believe is the most likely theory with little or no evidence to substantiate it.

As much as I'd like her to be found like a lot of folk I believe the poor wee girl is dead. The media circus in the days after would surely have forced any child trafficker or paedophile to dispose of her quickly particularly when the information about her eye defect being easily identifiable went public.

True, but I think what they did is equivalent to driving at 75 mph on the motorway with a child in the car. It is illegal and irresponsible but it will only be disapproved of or thought serious if a crash occurs. If it doesn't, nobody is going to be a paraiah for doing it. Yet the difference may be only luck.

75 on a motorway? The cops probably wouldn't even stop you for that.

I see your point, but are we not in the realms of (un) acceptable risk here?

It might be a risk to go 75 or 80 with children in the car, but it is not reckless. The risk of harm is still relatively low and indeed in some countries that speed would be acceptable.

IMO what the McCanns did carried an unacceptable risk, indeed it was reckless. More equivalent to doing 120 while on a mobile, while over the limit.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Snake Plissken

I wish that memory wipe thing in Men in Black existed whenever I see something like this.

There was a time when I'd never read the words "perfect little genitals" in connotation with a preschool girl, it was a simpler time, a happier time and one I can never get back. :(

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd like to make an appeal as well.

An appeal for her parents to be prosecuted.

This

But nice, middle class doctors going to dinner don't get prosecuted.

Did Ben Needhams family get ?4.5 million in taxpayers money spent on attempts to find their son?

I'm also struggling to understand this appeal? ....

I think the finance for finding the little girl came mainly from private donations and not the taxpayer and if you're struggling to understand the appeal, read the link in the OP which sets it out in fairly well. It's centred around mobile phone records, from data recorded in Portugal at the time of the disappearance. On October 14th, allegedly some new info. will be available. Hope this helps.

So was that a quote of the Portuguese policeman?

Did he say that?

The "perfect little genitals torn apart" quote came from Kate McCann.

This

But nice, middle class doctors going to dinner don't get prosecuted.

Agreed Geoff.. Despite the lack of any evidence they should be tried and found guilty.

The comment from Kate McCann is weird in the respect that she chose to include this comment, phrased in this way, in a book on the subject.

The fact she considered some truly effing awful scenarios isn't surprising at all, I guess.

You know, I tend to try and ignore the news when it comes to this subject now. Unless it's from a semi-reputable source. They did a brilliant job of getting a massive amount of media attention at the time and while this was useful in some respects, they've paid one hell of a price for it at the same time. The minute something gets that big, you're just totally prey to a multitude of slippery people with motives driven by financial self-interest. Hence, they've had a ton of support on one hand and been subject to a ton of supposition and downright fibs on the other. It's not a shock that they decided to try and use the media to find her, it's just a strange side-effect that this scrutiny also seems to have painted them as bizarrely cold folk that aren't very endearing. I have no idea what to make of them, I think the picture is too distorted now anyway.

Would you ever stop looking for your kids if they went missing? Would you stop making use of tools made available to you? No, you probably wouldn't stop looking for her/looking for closure. They've just been given access to way more resources than you might normally get I suppose. I can't blame them for not giving up. The fact I don't think I would like them very much is neither here nor there, plus while they're not very warm folk I'm also very sure they will have been misrepresented on plenty of occasions throughout this.

The McCanns could do more to endear themselves to the public for me they go the opposite way with there cold and calculated approach.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Agreed Geoff.. Despite the lack of any evidence they should be tried and found guilty.

:laugh:

Must be ok to leave your kids all alone in Portugal then.

http://www.mirror.co...closing-2345731

Closing in on suspects? Anyone else think they clearly know who it is and the crimewatch programme is a final push to allow them to hand themselves in?

Not from reading the article which sounds like more pie-in-the-sky stuff and not related to that headline.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-news-police-closing-2345731

Closing in on suspects? Anyone else think they clearly know who it is and the crimewatch programme is a final push to allow them to hand themselves in?

Maybe they're watching someone in particular and think the appeal might spark some sort of leading behaviour or response. It's certainly very strangely worded.

One thing is for sure, the audience for this will be massive.

It's quotes like "convinced we'll find the culprit within my lifetime" or "they'll (the suspect) be watching the appeal" - even though it's on BBC tv and the suspects all appear to be in the Mediterranean somewhere. It's all very bloody odd - but then this whole thing has been weird from the off. It continues to be the most baffling case in living memory.

http://www.mirror.co...closing-2345731

I don't think they are "closing in on anyone" - not at the moment anyway. 41 "potential suspects" ? When the news broke that detectives were going to trawl phone records a tec on Radio5 sounded a warning : they know (or seemed to strongly infer) they are going to hit a brick wall with some of this as there will be some pay as you go phones that they won't be able to do much with.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't think they are "closing in on anyone" - not at the moment anyway. 41 "potential suspects" ? When the news broke that detectives were going to trawl phone records a tec on Radio5 sounded a warning : they know (or seemed to strongly infer) they are going to hit a brick wall with some of this as there will be some pay as you go phones that they won't be able to do much with.

It's just the papers flogging the story to death again. Here's how it'll go:

Crimewatch

Followed by six weeks of Daily Express front pages

Followed by eight months of silence

Followed by an announcement about "fresh leads" and a group from the Met flying to the Algarve

Followed by an announcement etc etc etc

This story will run for the next 10 years.

It's just the papers flogging the story to death again. Here's how it'll go:

Crimewatch

Followed by an announcement about "fresh leads" and a group from the Met flying to the Algarve

Followed by an announcement etc etc etc

This story will run for the next 10 years.

Eventually the Express will find a way to link this to Princess Diana.

Archived