Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they accept they've had a shocker & done the wrong thing.

They'll had plenty of time to feel guilty. What good does that do?

It's like nobody on here has ever made a shocking decision before.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

How objective can the programme be when they don't even mention that the smiths thought it was Gerry McCann and address why it can't have been him?

Bottom line - polis are nowhere with this.

After one of your kids asking why you didn't come when she was crying, you made a mental note to check on the kids more often that night?

How about making a mental note to not be so selfish by leaving three kids under the age of three alone so you could go out with your mates?

What was new there: David Payne didn't go to the apartment during the tennis match. He was supposed to be the last independent witness. The smiths sighting was already known to the PJ, as for the charity workers etc. they were all investigated and cleared.

What was new there: David Payne didn't go to the apartment during the tennis match. He was supposed to be the last independent witness. The smiths sighting was already known to the PJ, as for the charity workers etc. they were all investigated and cleared.

The Tanner Statement has been discarded as a result someone who was on holiday at the same time as the child went missing, has suddenly realised, despite a 6 year worldwide campaign, that he could in fact have been "bundleman" carrying his child back from the night creche. What the crimewatch appeal failed to mention however was that if the new "bundleman" was walking in the direction Tanner claims, he was actually walking towards the creche not away from it.

Shocking decisions.....yeah.....I'll admit to a few.

Shocking decisions involving my kids safety......not a single one. I don't even let them play outside without a clear line of sight to our front door...where I'm sat on the step with a mug of coffee.

I just can't imagine moving past the guilt. But that's just me.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

There are shocking decisions and then there are unforgivable decisions.

The Great Khali

You wouldn't even leave your Bairns in your own house while you nipped round to the shop for some bread, never mind leaving them in a strange place for hours every night while you went out and got pished with your mates!

I've made some bad decisions in my time. For example, I got a Dominos last weekend and got a stuffed crust - I don't really like stuffed crusts and wish I'd gone for the Italian base instead.

I don't get all the focus on the McCanns.

Utterly pointless.

Won't change nor help possibly solving this case.

Which is surely where the main focus should lie.

• Moderators

***Moderator warning. We have had to clean up a lot of defamatory posts from this thread. This is a warning that we are now taking a zero tolerance stance on defamation. The next defamatory remark, comment, suggestion or hint of any kind on this thread will be met with an instant permanent ban. This is the final warning we will give.***

Sten Guns, people are seething at the parents for taking an apparently odds on gamble and losing.

Barely a mention of an abductor.

Sten Guns, people are seething at the parents for taking an apparently odds on gamble and losing.

Barely a mention of an abductor.

I think there were two folk involved. Spotter and the grabber.

How objective can the programme be when they don't even mention that the smiths thought it was Gerry McCann and address why it can't have been him?

Bottom line - polis are nowhere with this.

Like you, I find it strange that the other side of the Smith story wasn't raised. I also find it strange that the possible forensic (blood spots) in the room were not mentioned.

Bizarrely, I think it's more a case that plod knows more than they're letting on, as opposed to being nowhere.

There is something about Kate and Gerry McCann's demeanour that doesn't sit right with me.

I always though the McCann said they could see the villa door from where they were eating. The programme showed a wall between the villa and the resturant. I also didn't realise that their friends had also left kids in rooms

I've always felt there was more to this than meets the eye. My thoughts have not changed

Jesus Christ, they are cold as ****. "I realised very early on that there was no point in feeling guilty" (paraphrased). My word.

The point they were making is that they eventually realised they should try to stop the guilt and regret from eating them up every day because they had to try and use energies more effectively and do stuff that might help them find her. Positive, useful things. Not that they felt no guilt or regret, quite the opposite.

I hope someone releases full transcript of this interview, it's getting ripped apart (mostly out of context) all over the Internet.

Quite.

What's the point in them weeping and wailing for the benefit of members of the public? It's not going to make a blind bit of difference or help them find Madeleine. They clearly don't want or need public approval or forgiveness and why should they? They don't owe the public an apology, but sometimes you'd think they did.

http://www.missingkids.co.uk/Missing/

Wonder how the other 120 families of missing children feel every time they see the huge media circus surrounding the McCanns.

Probably exasperated, frustrated and desperate. At a guess. But again, it's not anyone's "fault" that Madeleine was wee, cute, blonde and media friendly, or that the McCanns managed to secure resources others didn't. You'd do anything you could within your power to get your kid back.

It's a shame the press don't get more involved in all these cases, to some extent. It's not a stick to bash folk with.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Quite.

What's the point in them weeping and wailing for the benefit of members of the public? It's not going to make a blind bit of difference or help them find Madeleine. They clearly don't want or need public approval or forgiveness and why should they? They don't owe the public an apology, but sometimes you'd think they did.

Maybe the public feels a claim on the situation due to the amount of money being spent?

Maybe the public feels a claim on the situation due to the amount of money being spent?

Public money can justify being spent based on new evidence being discovered and which demonstrates need for a police inquiry. That's how it works. Nothing to do with whether the GBP want their pound of flesh or not.

I wasn't aware that the public backlash had anything to do with the issue of a police investigation. Even if it was, there's good reason why we leave that assessment of need for criminal investigation stuff to them.

Might've had something to do with the police trying to fit them up using intentionally misinterpreted scientific info. Read the link to that news report too if you're going wandering around the Daily Mail. It's just a wee bit further down the page after first few paragraphs.

They didn't trust the police. I can kind of understand why given how shit they were.

The point they were making is that they eventually realised they should try to stop the guilt and regret from eating them up every day because they had to try and use energies more effectively and do stuff that might help them find her. Positive, useful things. Not that they felt no guilt or regret, quite the opposite.

I hope someone releases full transcript of this interview, it's getting ripped apart (mostly out of context) all over the Internet.

The point he made was that he "really early on" decided that he was going to look forwards, not backwards and that there was no point in feeling guilty. She said it took her a while, but he said "really early on", not "eventually". In fact, he did not say that he felt guilt, almost pointedly. She did, he did not. You have just commented on people taking their words out of context, immediately after adding your own interpretation to what was said. Can't have it both ways.

The point he made was that he "really early on" decided that he was going to look forwards, not backwards and that there was no point in feeling guilty. She said it took her a while, but he said "really early on", not "eventually". In fact, he did not say that he felt guilt, almost pointedly. She did, he did not. You have just commented on people taking their words out of context, immediately after adding your own interpretation to what was said. Can't have it both ways.

Hence why we need a transcript. I'm amazed that my interpretation could be so different. Seemed really clear to me that they were explaining how they try to manage the guilt of their decision that night.

She even says she doesn't know how they ever thought leaving them like that was an acceptable thing to do. Short of them both saying the same thing or saying "me too" after each statement I don't know how else they could've discussed that subject.

To be fair, I also don't think we need to hear any of it. It's their grief, not ours.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Public money can justify being spent based on new evidence being discovered and which demonstrates need for a police inquiry. That's how it works. Nothing to do with whether the GBP want their pound of flesh or not.

I wasn't aware that the public backlash had anything to do with the issue of a police investigation. Even if it was, there's good reason why we leave that assessment of need for criminal investigation stuff to them.

What new evidence?

A sketch of a man who could be John Doe and a strange conversation at a party?

It has filled space, people have justified their existence and the next celeb story will be along soon.

What new evidence?

A sketch of a man who could be John Doe and a strange conversation at a party?

It has filled space, people have justified their existence and the next celeb story will be along soon.

Someone came forward with evidence which apparently changed the key points on timeline. That's what we're told by police. If that's the case, I see no issue.

If you think there's something funny going on there, your issue has to be with the various police and government organisations who would have to be complicit in some sort of incompetence at best or masterminding a seriously complex cover-up at worst, not just the McCanns.

Whats the odds on an arrest within the next 6 months?

I think the police are trying to out a known suspect into making a mistake.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Someone came forward with evidence which apparently changed the key points on timeline. That's what we're told by police. If that's the case, I see no issue.

If you think there's something funny going on there, your issue has to be with the various police and government organisations who would have to be complicit in some sort of incompetence at best or masterminding a seriously complex cover-up at worst, not just the McCanns.

It is cheap headlines and easy to be seen to be "doing something". There is no great conspiracy as you imply.

Generic Username

POLICE ARE LOOKING FOR THIS MAN HAVE YOU SEEN A MAN HE IS A MAN A MAN WITH A CHIN HE IS WALKING POSSIBLY USING HIS FEET A MAN WITH BLACK HAIR WALKING HOLDING A CHILD A MAN WITH BLONDE HAIR. A MAN.

She said it took her days, weeks, months, years.

So what if he decided early on that it serves no purpose feeling guilty? He's right. He'll have a lifetime if feeling guilty. I expect that sort of guilt can eat you up. That does NOTHING to help them find their kid. That has to be his and their priority.

In life, if you have a problem, you try and fix it. You can deal with the ifs and buts later.

The reaction on here has been astonishing TBH.

It is cheap headlines and easy to be seen to be "doing something". There is no great conspiracy as you imply.

They've spent years thinking it was one man seen at one time. They now know that to be false.

They're now appealing for more info. Don't see the problem with it.

Guest GhostHunter

Not damning at all. She'll have given her statement before that. That's clearly an interview trying to implicate her.

It's also from 5 years ago.

A reminder to all members on this thread of the warning posted by Mod1.

We've lost a couple of members already, please don't be the next.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They've spent years thinking it was one man seen at one time. They now know that to be false.

They're now appealing for more info. Don't see the problem with it.

And good luck to them.

Moving on...

I never liked the McCanns before, because of the fact they totally neglected their kids, but those emotions of disgust and anger were multiplied 10 fold last night. The fact that their wee girl asked where they were when she and Sean we're crying, and they STILL went on the piss the next night abandoning their kids once again! I am genuinely in disbelief.

Like others have said though, I think the police know a lot more than they're letting in and are maybe closer to solving this case than ever. One thing I think they'll know, whoever took that wee girl would have been watching last night and if they have been under any surveillance, their behaviour over the next few weeks may give the game away.

I feel so so sorry for Madeliene, being let down completely by the 2 folk who should have done anything to protect her and keep her safe.

I felt less sorry for them after watching crimewatch. Probably comes across a little cold from me but it's honestly how I felt. Like others on here it was them saying their daughter woke up crying they weren't there but it didn't stop them leaving her alone again. There is something chilling about that.

It does strike me as really strange though that this crime which was so public took 6 years to jog the memory of a man picking up his daughter from a midnight creche.

Where did the overdose theory stem from? Was it the Portuguese police?

The disturbed burglar theory seems a complete non-goer to me. Burglar wakes sleeping 3 year old so drops idea of stealing valuables into stealing child.

Whats the odds on an arrest within the next 6 months?

I think the police are trying to out a known suspect into making a mistake.

33/1 I'd say.

Is this the melatonin theory?

Our youngest son (high functioning autistic) takes this before bed to help him sleep. It would take a massive amount to cause any complication.

My oldest son (also high functioning autistic) gets Melatonin to sleep at night. It would take about 4 or 5 doses to make him catatonic. He can still be roused from his sleep on his dose, it just helps him drift off easier because his brain doesnt naturally produce Melatonin.

The McCanns totally let their children down by leaving them alone in an unlocked hotel room in a strange country.

One has to wonder that if Kate and Gerry were from Wester Hailles and on the dole would there have been a media backlash against them? They basically commited an act of gross child endangerment and neglect but because theyre doctors its ok?

My oldest son (also high functioning autistic) gets Melatonin to sleep at night. It would take about 4 or 5 doses to make him catatonic. He can still be roused from his sleep on his dose, it just helps him drift off easier because his brain doesnt naturally produce Melatonin.

The McCanns totally let their children down by leaving them alone in an unlocked hotel room in a strange country.

One has to wonder that if Kate and Gerry were from Wester Hailles and on the dole would there have been a media backlash against them? They basically commited an act of gross child endangerment and neglect but because theyre doctors its ok?

There has been a media backlash. The media accused them of guilt and complicity and then settled the libel action that the McCann's raised.

There is a Daily Mail article above that isn't exactly complimentary.

There are websites out there accusing them of guilt.

Christ - what do people want from them? They made a mistake and somebody stole their child and has done God knows what to her. They have had six years of this and not knowing what has happened.

Geoff Kilpatrick

There has been a media backlash. The media accused them of guilt and complicity and then settled the libel action that the McCann's raised.

Christ - what do people want from them? They made a mistake and somebody stole their child and has done God knows what to her. They have had six years of this and not knowing what has happened.

I want it to be stopped being treated as some sort of special case.

Shocking decisions.....yeah.....I'll admit to a few.

Shocking decisions involving my kids safety......not a single one. I don't even let them play outside without a clear line of sight to our front door...where I'm sat on the step with a mug of coffee.

I just can't imagine moving past the guilt. But that's just me.

There's no way I could tolerate a guilt like that. How could you go on living life in a sane manner? It would either send me seriously insane or I would have topped myself

So if you feel the McCanns were treated so fairly then where were social services to remove their other children from their care after an act (actually several of them) of gross negligence that led to their daughter being stolen?

Im not implying that the parents are guilty of anything other than neglect.

Theres just a lot doesnt add up here though. I am sure the Police will be doing their upmost though and they have people far more specialised in child abduction than any of us are.

Ive seen people making rediculous accusations about how the McCanns done this and done that. I just think theyre incrediably stupid. I'd never leave my kids alone so I could go out to get tanked up and have a laugh with my mates, even worse is the revelation that there was a bloody night creche!!! Surely their doctors wages could have stretched enough to cover the cost of a baby sitter at least! Most hotels and resorts these days offer a baby listening service.

I want it to be stopped being treated as some sort of special case.

The police re-open investigations all of the time when new evidence comes to light.

There are countless ongoing investigations going on at any given time that we do not hear about. It is an unsolved case.

Just because it happened a long time ago doesn't mean that the police simply close the file.

What about it do you see as being treated as special? Crimewatch always has unsolved cases from years ago when new evidence comes up.

Archived