Madeline McCann - Crimewatch appeal

Walter Bishop

You misunderstood me bud, meant in the house or being in the company of someone smoking around the kids. Random bloke in the street unless he's blowing smoke at the bairn I wouldn't bother.

Ah, that is very different from how I read it, sorry. Of course I wouldn't even consider doing that. I thought you meant approaching people at the queue for the atm or something!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Madelaine asks where they were when se was crying. Rather than not go out the next night, or make use of the resort childminder, they went out anyway, leaving the children on their own.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So Madelaine asks where they were when se was crying. Rather than not go out the next night, or make use of the resort childminder, they went out anyway, leaving the children on their own.

Why did they barely mention this bit or explain their reasons?

Disgusting.

The wean asks, having been distressed the night before, where her parents were when her brother was crying the previous night.

"Out on the pish with our pals, and we're ****ing doing the same again the night, right?!", says Gerry.

Are these two for real?

(I already know the answer to this)

Aye, some great parenting there.

Why did they barely mention this bit or explain their reasons?

Disgusting.

I think the only people to ask was the Portuguese Police, and they refused to answer.

Parenting snobbery is another aspect of class snobbery. Some folk on this thread are beyond belief.

Chaka Demus & pliers

The wean asks, having been distressed the night before, where her parents were when her brother was crying the previous night.

"Out on the pish with our pals, and we're ****ing doing the same again the night, right?!", says Gerry.

Are these two for real?

(I already know the answer to this)

Not fair. The bairn told them she had been crying and Gerry "made a mental note".

That should have made her feel better eh?

I feel for them, as losing a child must be impossible to bear. However, this strikes me as child neglect. Not just them but their mates as well who were all up and down from the restaurant to their apartments. Strikes me as bizzare that they've not been treated more skeptically than they are. Strange that whoever's taken her never touched or made a move for the twins.

The door just slammed out my hand....... Then the curtains just blew open!

:cornette:

It's like something she's read in a novel and thought it would sound good :lol:

My blood is actually boiling watching this pair. They should be jailed as have their children put in safe hands. Truly shocking. :(

Just makes me angry watching this. Maddie asked where we were when they were crying. I'd one of those questions that really throws you. Aye, not enough to actually care and not leave your children alone in a hotel room in a strange country.

They professional scroungers may not have done anything to Maddie themselves, but they are complicit in her disappearance.

The Mighty Thor

We're concentrating on the time between 8.30 and 10pm.....what you mean the time when the McCann's were on the pish?

Not fair. The bairn told them she had been crying and Gerry "made a mental note".

That should have made her feel better eh?

You're right mate. It would have been of great comfort to the poor lassie when she was abducted.

No wonder folk were suspicious of this pair at the time, by the way - they come across as VERY off. Rather than accepting their mistakes, they keep talking up how safe the apartment was when they left it. Protesting too much.

Chaka Demus & pliers

You're right mate. It would have been of great comfort to the poor lassie when she was abducted.

No wonder folk were suspicious of this pair at the time, by the way - they come across as VERY off. Rather than accepting their mistakes, they keep talking up how safe the apartment was when they left it. Protesting too much.

I can't believe that that whole group thought it ok just to leave all the bairns in rooms alone at apartments round the corner and just check on them every half hour or so.

Jesus Christ, they are cold as ****. "I realised very early on that there was no point in feeling guilty" (paraphrased). My word.

The Mighty Thor

Anyone else calling bullshit on the tapas 7 relaying back and forth to check the kids every 30 mins?

:lol:

The random rota for checking in the children is odd.

Also, did the the holiday maker Gerry McCann spoke to come forward to verify this?

The next time somebody moans about Sun justice

or the Daily Mail's excesses, we should come back to this thread and weep.

Jesus Christ, they are cold as ****. "I realised very early on that there was no point in feeling guilty" (paraphrased). My word.

Was just about to post pretty much the same.

This pair are beyond contempt.

Anyone else calling bullshit on the tapas 7 relaying back and forth to check the kids every 30 mins?

:lol:

Definitely. Their defence is too worked out - the 30 minute checks, the fact that they go into so much detail of how they locked up the apartment etc. They make out they were so ****ing meticulous - yet not meticulous enough to think "if it's so unsafe to leave them unattended, maybe we shouldn't be leaving them unattended?"

Why are they still showing the photo fit of Nuno Gomes btw? Is that not proven bollocks?

Christian Benteke

Deliberately not watched this and have no intention as I cannot watch the McCann sympathy PR bandwagon get any more momentum.

'Someones taken our little girl'. There would never have been a chance for her to be taken if they arseholes had taken their responsibilities as parents seriously and not went out on the ******* randan with their pals.

This whole thing makes my blood boil and actually brings out so much anger in me. A poor little girl somewhere somehow has had her life taken away/changed forever because her parents are dimwitted, irresponsible, lowlife scum.

The Mighty Thor
The next time somebody moans about Sun justice

or the Daily Mail's excesses, we should come back to this thread and weep.

The McCann's were all over leveson, pissing and moaning about intrusion.

Don't like the awkward questions.

I have just realised those two photofits are supposed to be the same fecking guy? :rofl: Oh, come on.

Leighton baines was collecting for charity in nearby apartments, is that the revelation that is going to find the poor lassie?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gorgiewave is desperate for a bite.

Meantime, the Aussie papers and TV are all over this pantomime. I am presuming the McCann pension fund has been replenished because of this show?

Just feel so disgusted after that.

The British media have pulled out all the stops to tarnish the Portuguese police, but the boy with the book knows the score.

anyways.. i don't give a **** about her parents i just hope that wee girl is ok and maybe one day will be found!

loveofthegame

Don't like the parents but are people genuinely suggesting they and their pals are colluding to completely lie about the checks etc because the mccanns actually murdered their own daughter - garbage IMO.

They made the biggest ****** up imaginable. They left their defenceless kids alone in an apartment- one of the kids was then abducted. Of that I have no doubt.

Guilty of neglect but not murder...

Absolutely horrific parents.

To sit there as if butter wouldn't melt describing how the bairn mentioned them not being there the night before. Then go out and do it again.

Incredible.

Two calls, one name - promising

Surprised he said that on air. Makes me wonder if the police have an idea who they think it was that took her and are using this opportunity to confirm the names get witnesses.

Surprised he said that on air. Makes me wonder if the police have an idea who they think it was that took her and are using this opportunity to confirm the names get witnesses.

Possibly. I think that will be a case a lot of the time. Rather like the many cases where the police have set up an appeal. They have their suspicions before doing it.

Yeah, maybe.

Could be a coordinated hoax though - the photos have been online all day. Two dafties could be playing a prank...

But one of the named was in Portugal at the time...

Toxteth O'Grady

I have been to Portugal many times on holiday over the years.

Kids are made very welcome in all the restaurants and bars.

I really don't understand why you wouldn't take them out with you.

Aside from the very obvious safety issues of putting them to sleep early while you go out, they will wake early while you are still needing to sleep or are hungover.

Ifs and buts and guilt won't help them find Maddie so they have to look forward?

If I did that with my kids (which I wouldn't as I'm not a fud at parenting) I'd never look forward. I'd spend my life hating myself knowing that I've lost my child because I didn't offer them the care and security I was responsible for.

Kate says they didn't commit the crime.....ok....you didn't.....but you know that the world is full of despicable people from the ones that rob you to the ones that hurt and kill you. You can't avoid these people 100% of the time so you protect yourself as best you can. You don't leave your phone in the car because you know there might be someone willing to put your window in to get it. You don't deserve to lose your child but your daughter deserved your care and you deemed dinner with friends more important. How the **** do you look past that guilt?

Archived