Bundesliga tickets - Augsburg

Carl Weathers

I'm off to Munich next month and I am hoping to take in a Bundesliga match.

Bayern Munich are at home vs Mainz but I think it's sold out and the tout companies want around ?100 a seat.

I did some searching and noticed that Augsburg are playing Wolfsburg at home. Has anyone on here been to Augsburg?

I'm wondering how easy it is to get there from Munich and if it is possible to get tickets. There will be 6 of us in total.

We're doing the Bayern Mainz game on the Saturday and the Augsburg Wolfsburg game on the Sunday.

Augsburg seems to be a half hour hop on a train and plenty cheap tickets available on viagogo.

Bayern Munich are at home vs Mainz but I think it's sold out and the tout companies want around ?100 a seat.

I did some searching and noticed that Augsburg are playing Wolfsburg at home. Has anyone on here been to Augsburg?

I'm wondering how easy it is to get there from Munich and if it is possible to get tickets. There will be 6 of us in total.

Never been but been through it on a train from Munich, not very far away, takes 3/4 hour at the most. Should be decent enough there, they all love a beer in Bayern. Try the club website for tickets, there's a good chance that they've still got terracing which is a great laugh in Germany and cheap too.

For travel you can get two German Railways Bayern-Tickets, each for 3 people - should cost you about ?30 per ticket so ?10 each, then you can travel the whole day anywhere in Bayern, but only on the regional trains, not the fast ones. If someone drops out you can just get one Bayern-Ticket for 5 people probably for less than ?40. As far as I remember all the German regions have got similar low cost group tickets.

Think Nuremberg are still in the first division too if they're playing at home, will take a bit longer on the train though.

Weird, went to the exact same 2 games last year! Bayern's games are ALL sold out this season, but they have a deal with viagogo you can usually get tickets for, although expect to pay well over the pdds (worth every penny). Augsburg is a great wee trip (30-45 mins), up to 30,000 seater although try for standing tickets as the atmos (as with all German games) is amazing, win, lose or draw.

Augsburg is a great night out also, loads of tremendous wee bars, locals are very friendly and always curious as to "why are you here"?!

And Munich is top drawer!

Thanks for the advice there. I tried the club website but the online ticket section wasn't working for me.

Just had a look at their website. I think up until yesterday ticket sale for the Wolfsburg game was only open to club members, from today onwards it should be available for everybody, so you could give it another try. Blocks K-O looks like the terracing where the home fans are, only ?13 per ticket!!!!

I've been to loads of Augsburg games, my mate used to be an English teacher over there. Definitely try get tickets in the standing area, the atmosphere is amazing!

Augsburg is a great wee city with great beer, friendly people and good boozers. If you haven't already booked your flights then go with Ryanair to Memmingem (spelling is shite), they are dirt cheap and it's closer to Augsburg than Munich Intl.

Remember going to Bayern vs Hamburg a few seasons back. Was the first game of the season and managed to get standing tickets on the day, think they were about ?15. The quality of football was unreal and beer in the ground too. Shelling out 20 odd quid for St Mirren the following Saturday was a tough one to take.

It's half an hour on the fast train 3/4 of an hour on the slow one.

A standard return should be about 25EUR

German railway site

http://www.bahn.com

Sorry to hijack this thread. A group of us are going to Mainz game this weekend. Everything sorted out, but have been told that a lot of the German grounds need a prepaid card to buy beer in the stadium. Where abouts do you get these cards and how much is a beer normally?

My friends and I are off to Bayern v Augsburg in November. Most enjoyable league in Europe and what is great is that the fans are the actual no. 1 priority.

Buy the allianz arena card inside the ground mate. Beer is above average price, but well worth it. Try the w?rst!

Sorry to hijack this thread. A group of us are going to Mainz game this weekend. Everything sorted out, but have been told that a lot of the German grounds need a prepaid card to buy beer in the stadium. Where abouts do you get these cards and how much is a beer normally?

I was at their old stadium a few years ago, they didn't have prepaids then, it was just cash. Don't know about the new stadium. If they have them then if it's like Bayern you buy them inside the stadium next to the beer stalls, then queue up for your beers. I think a beer was about ?3.50 when I was there.

I was at their old stadium a few years ago, they didn't have prepaids then, it was just cash. Don't know about the new stadium. If they have them then if it's like Bayern you buy them inside the stadium next to the beer stalls, then queue up for your beers. I think a beer was about ?3.50 when I was there.

Cheers mate

Hagar the Horrible

Going to high jack this thread and ask if anybody has seen the Bayern Munich training kit and away strip, its basically lederhosen, its guffawing funny...OMG!They llok like a modern day Wehrmacht.

I think tickets are sold out on the official website.

How does viagogo work? Are you effectively buying off of fans? I'm tempted to try my luck over there.

I bought 6 tickets on viagogo and will collect them over there.

We're in the standing section (sec O). Can you just stand anywhere?

Can't wait for this! :jjyay:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Not quite the lofty heights you boys are on about but I'll be at Stuttgart Kickers v Borussia Dortmund II in nine days. Can't wait. :)

I bought 6 tickets on viagogo and will collect them over there.

We're in the standing section (sec O). Can you just stand anywhere?

Can't wait for this! :jjyay:

We got tickets direct from Augsburg for section J (family section......i'm going with my 9yr old son so wanted to make sure he could see the game) right next to the standing area.

I also got tickets via viagogo for the Bayern/Mainz match on the Saturday..........114euros in total (incl charges and delivery) for two tickets. That was hard going........as soon as they go on sale on viagogo they are snapped up in minutes.......worth hitting the refresh button every 5mins for 3 weeks though.

Enjoy your weekend.

We got tickets direct from Augsburg for section J (family section......i'm going with my 9yr old son so wanted to make sure he could see the game) right next to the standing area.

I also got tickets via viagogo for the Bayern/Mainz match on the Saturday..........114euros in total (incl charges and delivery) for two tickets. That was hard going........as soon as they go on sale on viagogo they are snapped up in minutes.......worth hitting the refresh button every 5mins for 3 weeks though.

Enjoy your weekend.

I would have preferred the Bayern game but the Augsburg tickets worked out at 15 euros each inc booking fees. We just have to pick them up from a viagogo hut or something before the match. Going to see Augsburg also gives us the chance to see another town we'd never otherwise visit. I'm sure the beer will be good!

Hope you and your lad have a good one!

Clark Griswold

Going to hamburg in April next year on a stag doo, an will prob go to the hamburg v Leverkusen game that weekend. Anyone been to hamburg before? Decent?

Went to an 1860 game at the Allianz a couple of years ago. Cost about 14 euros on the day for te standing section. Quality of fitba was breathtaking or a B2 game and well worth every penny. If I was you, I would try get to the bayern game as the stadium is something else.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Going to high jack this thread and ask if anybody has seen the Bayern Munich training kit and away strip, its basically lederhosen, its guffawing funny...OMG!They llok like a modern day Wehrmacht.

Their new away top is smart as shit!

• 4 months later...

I went to a Bayern match a couple of years ago. I didn't have a ticket, but went up the ground an hour before kick-off, on the off chance I could pick one up. There were a few people looking for tickets as you came off the train at the ground, but I walked over to where the supporters buses were parking up and got one within a few minutes.

?40 for the middle section. Unbelievable ground and atmosphere.

I would take the chance, if I went back again.

Father Tiresias

Going to the Hamburg v. Bayer Leverkusen game in April. ?52.50 for the best seats in the house and 3 nights on the razzle!! C'mon!!!!!

Anyone been to Dortmund? Thinking of going in April. Tickets on viagogo seem pretty expensive though.

Been to Dortmund twice. Once with Scotland and the other to catch a Dortmund game. We got tickets for the league game at the club only ?14. Both times we flew to Colonge from Edinburgh via Amsterdam and got the train to Bochum and stayed there. Was not that bad price wise though we stayed for 4 days each time in a Novotel right next VFL Bochums stadium. (cant remember exact prices right now) The train to Dortmund was 30/40 minutes but it was free on match day with proof of ticket. Dortmunds a nice city.

Craig Herbertson

Cheers Grado. I see there are cheap flights to Dusseldorf which is only an hrs train journey from Dortmund.

If that's the Dusseldorf Weese airport with Ryanair its a fair bit further.

Going to try and get a game at allianz arena when over there for Oktoberfest. Has anyone any experience in getting tickets for bayern? And tips? Cheers.

Going to the Hamburg v. Bayer Leverkusen game in April. ?52.50 for the best seats in the house and 3 nights on the razzle!! C'mon!!!!!

Did you know that Hamburg is the biggest city in europe that isn't a capital.

Been to just the one Bundesliga game a few seasons ago and it was a fantastic day out. Leverkusen v Eintracht Frankfurt.

Been to just the one Bundesliga game a few seasons ago and it was a fantastic day out. Leverkusen v Eintracht Frankfurt.

Out of interest i went searching on google for the game i was at.

1998 :wow:

Some good players in the Leverkusen team - The Kovac brothers Niko and Robert, Ze Roberto, Emerson, Nowotny, Ramelow and Ulf Kursten.

• 5 months later...
Carl Weathers

Going to see Dortmund in December. I think we are flying into Cologne. Just looking for advice on which is the better City to base ourselves for the weekend - Cologne or Dortmund?

ArcticJambo

Been to neither but have mates that have been to both and Dortmund is a bit industrial/tip. Cologne on the train is cheap and quick and frequent.

I actually prefer Dortmund to Cologne, might be down to the fact that we went to Cologne on a Sunday and most things were shut.

We went to Augsburg and Hoffenheim last season as you can't get tickets for Bayern. Bayern get 15000 per week on their stadium tour alone. The team are fairly average but the fans and entertainment is fantastic. You have to buy a card to get food and drinks but they will give you the balance back after the match. Kiosks are all around the stadium and everything is cheap. You have to get the sausages in a bun which are great. You won't go back to pies after. If you can do the Bayern stadium tour it is well worth the effort. Amazing set up. We did a coach tour but trains are easy and cheap. We stayed near Stuttgart in a place called Tubingen which is very beautifull with castle on a river. German beer is the best and the food is generally excellent. I would certainly love to go back and do more football. All the younger generation Germans speak English so no problems communicating.

invernessjt

Did you know that Hamburg is the biggest city in europe that isn't a capital.

St petersburg? Istanbul?

Currently planning a trip to Dortmund in march. Hoping to get to a Dortmund game and a Fortuna game over the weekend.

Dortmund tickets will be difficult but I'm on a bundesliga website and hoping to get a little help. Fortuna tickets won't be an issues as they got relegated back down to BL2.

Looking at Koln or Dortmund for the hotel.

Can't wait, as it will be the first time for a BL game.

SectionDJambo

5 of us going over to Dortmund for their Super Cup game against Bayern a week on Wednesday. We are staying in Dusseldorf for the 3 nights and getting the train along to Dortmund for the day of the game. Hotel on the fringe of the Altstadt, so looking forward to visiting a brauhaus or 4 when we are there.

I would say that Koln or Dusseldorf are better to stay in than Dortmund, and not very long rail journeys to go to the game.

3rd time see in Dortmund and looking forward to it, even though both teams probably won't be at full strength, after the World Cup.

SectionDJambo

How do you get you match tickets Section D???

My son gets them through Viagogo. We had to move fast on this one, as usually, you can't get near tickets for this match. Maybe we were lucky in that the German fans might not be overly fussed about the Super Cup, or it could be holiday season. Usually no problem getting tickets, though, if you plan far enough ahead, but they can be quite expensive. All part of the trip cost though, and we have found that hotel prices can be very reasonable, to compensate.

Nice one SectionD.

Yup agree on hotels, I'm looking at flights and hotel (for 2 nights) at just over ?100 per person. Happy with that.

I guess Viagogo is the best option if I can't sweet talk any Germans into helping out!!

Going to see Dortmund in December. I think we are flying into Cologne. Just looking for advice on which is the better City to base ourselves for the weekend - Cologne or Dortmund?

Cologne is brilliant, been there a few times now, boozers everywhere, nicely situated on the Rhine, the city centre is fairly compact so you don't need to use public transport to get most places. Not been to Dortmund, heard it's OK, but Cologne is pretty special.

Loads of bars and restaurants on the Heumarkt square, and down a little street that goes off of it called Salzgasse, and then also near the end of Salzgasse on the road that goes along the side of the Rhine. Also plenty going on around the cathedral square area which is right next to the train station.

On the other side of the train station from the cathedral there's a street called Eigelstein where every second building seems to be a bar, mostly all locals in when I was there. This place is on Eigelstein and is a really good old-fashioned beer and wine pub with cheap beer and food: http://www.tripadvisor.de/ShowUserReviews-g187371-d2489869-r211300486-Weinhaus_Vogel-Cologne_North_Rhine_Westphalia.html

Also there are beer halls all over the place, this was the best one I've been to, on the edge of the city centre but still easy walking distance from the train station: http://www.paeffgen-koelsch.de/kontakt/

Usually the beer is served up in small 0.2l glasses which is only 1/3 of a pint, or 0.4l if you're sitting outside. If there's enough of you some places do a small 10l barrel which they set up on your table, so you can help yourself.

The Cologne stadium is well worth a visit if Cologne are playing at home. They still had Kevin McKenna playing for them last season, think he's gone now though, no idea who he's playing for now.

quite fancy doing a bundesliga game, done Valencia, Mallorca, athletico Madrid, levante and espanyol but will venture to germnay next I think.

been to cologne, bonn, berlin and dusseldorf but never for football. Schumachers bar in Dusseldorf is a must visit

• 1 month later...

Dortmund are now playing on the Friday night and it turns out that Koln are at home on the Saturday. I think we will stay in Dortmund on Friday and then head to Cologne on Saturday.

Koln are playing Augsburg. I assumed tickets would be dirt cheap but the usual website are quoting prices starting at 60quid! Should I just bide my time and hope they get cheaper? Or even get them on the day?

Me and my son go every season to Bundesliga games a must for every football fan if you are asking.

Our next stop is Freiburg v Stuttgart in November

Archived