1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

kingantti1874

Take it easy mate eh? They're asking about it in the above posts, im in that game, trying to see if I can help.

Apologies mate.. Should have read the whole thread... Hands up :-)

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 fighting fund seem to pop up at the daftest of times.

Crazy really

We have "popped up" at the time when our Club needs money, not when it was most convenient.

Hot since 86

Thanks for all the work you are putting in, it's good to know that a set of fans with no agendas or allegiances to potential owners are setting up a fund which is looking at helping to raise funds to support the club over the long term.

You have said that you are not looking to compete with donations to FOH but I assume you understand that new ownership is needed and as FOHseem to be the best option for fans at this minute I would like to ask how you feel fans should distribute their donations?

For example if I have ?100, how much are you hoping I donate to your fund and what should I be giving to FOH, or do you have any other suggestions on how I should donate my money to help the club in the most effective way?

Q- How can I make a donation?

A ? Our website will be available shortly and will have a Paypal facility. Supporters can also pay donations directly into the 1874 Fighting Fund?s bank account. The details are ?

Sort code ? 80-22-60

Bank Account number - 10795065

Good luck with your efforts.

I'm deliberately quoting your post and editing out most of it to highlight the important bit that's left. :whistling::biggrin:

Thanks for all the work you are putting in, it's good to know that a set of fans with no agendas or allegiances to potential owners are setting up a fund which is looking at helping to raise funds to support the club over the long term.

You have said that you are not looking to compete with donations to FOH but I assume you understand that new ownership is needed and as FOHseem to be the best option for fans at this minute I would like to ask how you feel fans should distribute their donations?

For example if I have ?100, how much are you hoping I donate to your fund and what should I be giving to FOH, or do you have any other suggestions on how I should donate my money to help the club in the most effective way?

If the Fund has no allegiances or agendas, how is it supposed to give you advice in response to the question you've asked? :unsure:

1874 Fighting Fund

In all honesty I don't think I can give you an answer to that, though I share your concerns.

We fully understand that money is tight for us all, so it really comes down to individual choice, what each of us believe about who may/may not buy the Club, and whether we that is the priority, or keeping it going until that point is more of an issue. Sorry if that seems a bit of a cop out, but we do not see the 1974 Fighting Fund as being a body to "tell" anyone what they should do, just provide one of the options.

scott_jambo

I think the 1874 fighting fund sounds like a good idea, but they should freeze any ability to donate to them until we sort the club out this summer, as any spare donations will be required for the FOH effort or some other fan raised effort.

I hope....I really do hope, that 1874 fighting fund are not releasing all this information hurredly to cement a place at the top table if a fans takeover is successful in the coming weeks. The timing of this is very queer.

As fans ourselves we are only too well aware of the various demands being made on our finances, but we are not looking to own the Club, so we do not feel it appropriate to align ourselves to any owner,or potential owner.

But you are still asking fans for money. Just as the club itself is asking fans to purchase season tickets, and FOH are asking for pledges.

I do not think it appropriate for us to comment on specifics regarding any other group.

No need to comment on other groups I made the comment regarding all these "experts" in their fields people mention lawyers, businessmen etc, it would be better to have a group as one all looking for the same outcome, not one group asking for money for day to day operating, another asking for money to purchase, FOH also want pledges for day to day running as well, so this would be in direct conflict to you if FOH became owners

While we will be delighted to receive any donation, no matter how large or small, and all donations will be strictly confidential, so no one will know whether someone has backed us or not, never mind by how much. We will not be ridiculing anyone.

Whilst that may be true that has not been the way with all fundraising so far. FOH have a list of who has donated, these very forums have the "Donated" button beside peoples names of those who have donated, hardly anonymity is it?

Allowayjambo1874

How will you be depositing cash into the club, would it be every so many months or when you raised certain amounts at a time? I fear any real cash raised that would make a difference would take months and months to raise. (would you deposit ?500 for example if that's all that was raised in the first month or would you wait until a 'decent' amount was raised?)

I personally think the club is missing a trick with what fans could contribute, not just financially but from guys rolling up there sleeves and getting stuck into doing the 'mundane' jobs round the ground, especially over the next couple of months. For example I reckon you could get dozens of guys pitching up on a Sunday to help with painting, fixing things etc during the summer. Has there been any thought that you guys could be a link between the fans and the club with respect of this? Surely they could give you a list of things that need done round the stadium and what skills are required and you could link that with volunteers?

portobellojambo1

1874 Fighting Fund

This is a thread that has kindly been made available to the 1874 Fighting Fund by the Management Team of Jambos Kickback, to allow us to introduce our organisation, and to try to answer any questions you may have.

We have included below a post containing a brief explanation of who and what the 1874 Fighting Fund is, and what we are trying to achieve.

Below that is a post containing some Q?s & A?s that we think will help cover some of the basic queries that you may have, but if you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask them on this thread, and we will answer them as best we can, and as soon as we can.

The 1874 Fighting Fund are still getting everything up and running, so please bear with us as other parts come on-stream over the coming days, including; Website; Twitter; Facebook; Email; and Paypal, but we were very keen to start the ball rolling on JKB, at the time the final whistle went, exactly one year ago today!

Post your questions below and we will answer them as soon as we can, but please be patient with us, as we are all just unpaid volunteers doing what we can in our ?spare? time, to help the Club we all love.

Please try to avoid debating points on this thread, so that questions do not get ?lost?. Please note that all formal answers will only ever come from the official 1874 Fighting Fund account, not from any individuals.

Thank you, and Happy 1st Anniversary!

Was nice to read your intentions with regards to any money you raise, and your efforts are appreciated.

However, I hope you will agree that at this stage, especially following the announcement by UBiG earlier this week, priority number one is actually saving the club, so that there is a need to cover overhead sundries in future. Without a club there are no bills that need paid, so in the short term my focus will be on continuing to calculate just how much I can offer to the Foundation of Hearts, both as an up front lump sum and any needed monthly contributions for a period after that. And the only reason I specifically mention FoH is that there is no indication that there is anyone else out there that would be intent on saving us as a going football concern, and I would include The Massone Group in that if they are still floating about like a bad smell.

I, naturally, hope that with effort from the fans, any additional will be picked up by those HMFC fans with millions to hand. But at the moment the numbers who appear interested in saving HMFC might not be sufficient to convince them to part with large amounts of cash to match what the overall fan base can raise. More pledges will make that much more of a possibility.

If we are successful, and do have a club to continue to watch in the future I would then give strong consideration to offering some money every now and then to a group such as yours, once the basic pledges are no longer required just to keep going.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I think the 1874 fighting fund sounds like a good idea, but they should freeze any ability to donate to them until we sort the club out this summer, as any spare donations will be required for the FOH effort or some other fan raised effort.

I hope....I really do hope, that 1874 fighting fund are not releasing all this information hurredly to cement a place at the top table if a fans takeover is successful in the coming weeks. The timing of this is very queer.

I agree. Fans are being pulled in all directions here. A group that pays for infrastructure through targeted fundraising is a perfectly decent idea, although that's really what buying tickets for matches, etc does already, but I think FF needs to cool its jets until the ownership question is sorted out - unless they are a genuine consortium interested in purchasing the club, which it sounds like they're not.

Was nice to read your intentions with regards to any money you raise, and your efforts are appreciated.

However, I hope you will agree that at this stage, especially following the announcement by UBiG earlier this week, that priority number one is actually saving the club, so that there is a need to cover overhead sundries in future. Without a club there are no bills that need paid, so in the short term my focus will be on continuing to calculate just how much I can offer to the Foundation of Hearts, both as an up front lump sum and any needed monthly contributions. And the only reason I specifically mention FoH is that there is no indication that there is anyone else out there that would be intent on saving us as a going football concern, and I would include The Massone Group in that if they are still floating about like a bad smell.

I, naturally, hope that with effort from the fans, any additional will be picked up by those HMFC fans with millions to hand. But at the moment the numbers who appear interested in saving HMFC might not be sufficient to convince them to part with large amounts of cash to match what the overall fan base can raise. More pledges will make that much more of a possibility.

If we are successful, and do have a club to continue to watch in the future I would then give strong consideration to offering some money every now and then to a group such as yours, once the basic pledges are no longer required just to keep going.

FOH have said they want basic pledges to continue though for day to day running costs IF they were to take control of the club. This would surely be conflicting with 1874 fighting fund would it not?

Dagger Is Back

However, I hope you will agree that at this stage, especially following the announcement by UBiG earlier this week, that priority number one is actually saving the club, so that there is a need to cover any overhead sundries. Without a club there are no bills that need paid, so in the short term my focus will be on continuing to calculate just how much I can offer to the Foundation of Hearts, both as an up front lump sum and any needed monthly contributions. And the only reason I specifically mention FoH is that there is no indication that there is anyone out there that would be intent on saving us as a going football concern, and I would include The Massone Group in that if they are still floating about like a bad smell.

I, naturally hope, that with effort from the fans, any shortfall will be picked up by those HMFC fans with millions to hand. But at the moment the numbers who appear interested in saving HMFC might not be sufficient to convince them to part with large amounts of cash to match what the overall fan base can raise.

This sums it up for me. As ordinary fans it's difficult to know what to do for the best. Do we buy extra match tickets for donations? Do we pledge and commit to FOH or do we support FF? I'll be spending some money on match tickets and trying to encourage others to start coming along but also commiting to FOH. Once the club is 'safe' then I can start to think about FF.

What is encouraging is the commitment of people to support the club and to help it survive. I do though think that at this stage, the focus needs to be on saving the club first. The only show appears to be FOH but I say that more based on hope that on any firm foundation.

Without being critical of the 1874 fighting fund, I agree with PortibelloJambo.

It's great if people volunteer physical help but all spare money should be pledged to saving the club.

Dagger Is Back

I'd also hate for all this effort to result in division, mistrust and a missed opportunity.

This sums it up for me. As ordinary fans it's difficult to know what to do for the best. Do we buy extra match tickets for donations? Do we pledge and commit to FOH or do we support FF? I'll be spending some money on match tickets and trying to encourage others to start coming along but also commiting to FOH. Once the club is 'safe' then I can start to think about FF.

What is encouraging is the commitment of people to support the club and to help it survive. I do though think that at this stage, the focus needs to be on saving the club first. The only show appears to be FOH but I say that more based on hope that on any firm foundation.

It is getting a bit confusing for the fans. I like the intentions behind the 1874 Fighting Fund but there is a risk that the fans suffer donation/fund raising fatigue or just plain run out of cash.

I'm not sure what form the fund raising would take but I would suggest that the 1874 Fighting Fund have a strategy that targets wealthy supporters and/or businesses. There is limit to how much ordinary fans can contribute.

There is some clout in the group of people behind the Fighting Fund, so use it.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

It is getting a bit confusing for the fans. I like the intentions behind the 1874 Fighting Fund but there is a risk that the fans suffer donation/fund raising fatigue or just plain run out of cash.

I'm not sure what form the fund raising would take but I would suggest that the 1874 Fighting Fund have a strategy that targets wealthy supporters and/or businesses. There is limit to how much ordinary fans can contribute.

I agree with that which is kind of why I wish they would back FoH and help them with getting pledges. FoH have Donald Ford for the older fans, but they also need someone from the 80s/90s and a recent club legend like Rudi, Fyssas or someone of that stature.

Oviedo's success in raising funds was partly down to them mobilising former players and supporters in the media. Hearts share offer definitely did better through having Robbo backing it.

1874 Fighting Fund

As stated in previously we are of the opinion that it can only be to the benefit of HMFC if we are raising money now, and assisting them now, rather than sitting back waiting indefinitely for some change in circumstance and/or ownership .at some hypothetical future date. We will be raising money for the Club, regardless of the owner happens to be..

If you read the information in the first three posts, you will see that we have actually stepped back from any involvement with the "G10" or with FOH, so we are most definitely not looking to "cement a place at the top table".

scott_jambo

As stated in previously we are of the opinion that it can only be to the benefit of HMFC if we are raising money now, and assisting them now, rather than sitting back waiting indefinitely for some change in circumstance and/or ownership .at some hypothetical future date. We will be raising money for the Club, regardless of the owner happens to be..

If you read the information in the first three posts, you will see that we have actually stepped back from any involvement with the "G10" or with FOH, so we are most definitely not looking to "cement a place at the top table".

OK, Apologies for inferring that and I take back my comment.

In regards to the bit of bold. I wholeheartedly disagree with you, but I wish you all the best and would support a long term effort like this certainly. Good luck.

1874 Fighting Fund

How will you be depositing cash into the club, would it be every so many months or when you raised certain amounts at a time? I fear any real cash raised that would make a difference would take months and months to raise. (would you deposit ?500 for example if that's all that was raised in the first month or would you wait until a 'decent' amount was raised?)

I personally think the club is missing a trick with what fans could contribute, not just financially but from guys rolling up there sleeves and getting stuck into doing the 'mundane' jobs round the ground, especially over the next couple of months. For example I reckon you could get dozens of guys pitching up on a Sunday to help with painting, fixing things etc during the summer. Has there been any thought that you guys could be a link between the fans and the club with respect of this? Surely they could give you a list of things that need done round the stadium and what skills are required and you could link that with volunteers?

We are in dialog with the Club, and as/when they have work that they want done we have a discussion about how we can best help them. That may be that we pay them for the work to be carried out, or it may be that we pay something towards the total. The actual mechanism will vary depending on the specific work the Club are wanting our assistance with.

Regarding your second point, we absolutely agree with you, and in post 2 we actually mention that. While there are certain insurance and health & safety issues over asking volunteers to work for a commercial company, the 1874 Fighting Fund feel that we can help the club to actually facilitate this.

I don't think anyone can doubt the intentions of the 1874 Fighting Fund after reading this thread. Fair play to all involved.

The timing is, at best, unfortunate given FoH have in the last few days indicated the time for pledges is now. I can't afford both, so if FoH turns out to be the only option for gaining control of Hearts, that's where my regular donations will have to go.

I'm interested to know what one off fund raising events you've got planned though?

1874 Fighting Fund

However,I hope you will agree that at this stage, especially following the announcement by UBiG earlier this week, priority number one is actually saving the club, so that there is a need to cover overhead sundries in future. Without a club there are no bills that need paid, so in the short term my focus will be on continuing to calculate just how much I can offer to the Foundation of Hearts, both as an up front lump sum and any needed monthly contributions for a period after that. And the only reason I specifically mention FoH is that there is no indication that there is anyone else out there that would be intent on saving us as a going football concern, and I would include The Massone Group in that if they are still floating about like a bad smell..

Again it would not be appropriate for the 1874 Fighting Fund to comment on the intentions of other groups, or the likelihood (or not) of their success.

Our position is that we can do something now, and in medium/long term, to help to preserve the club, regardless of who owns it now, or in the future.

1874 Fighting Fund

I agree. Fans are being pulled in all directions here. A group that pays for infrastructure through targeted fundraising is a perfectly decent idea, although that's really what buying tickets for matches, etc does already, but I think FF needs to cool its jets until the ownership question is sorted out - unless they are a genuine consortium interested in purchasing the club, which it sounds like they're not.

Our thoughts were the opposite, the Club could do with assistance now, now just at some point in the future, so after careful consideration we decided on our current course of action. Most of the timing is almost coincidental, and while we accept its not ideal, we think any further delay could be even more damaging.

1874 Fighting Fund

We most definitely are not interested in buying the Club, all we are trying to do is raise funds to help whoever happens to be the custodian of the Club, now and in the future, with the running costs.

1874 Fighting Fund

FOH have said they want basic pledges to continue though for day to day running costs IF they were to take control of the club. This would surely be conflicting with 1874 fighting fund would it not?

I would be very surprised if any owner of the Club was not interested in working with a group offering to help raise funds for the Club, while wanting nothing in return.

1874 Fighting Fund

I'm sure you'll understand why I wont comment on another group, or the likelihood of their plans being successful.

The 1874 Fighting Fund feel that raising money to help with the running of the Club can only be a good thing, regardless of who the owner is. In terms of what is "best" for any given fan to do with his/her money, that is very much down to their own conscience, but I fully accept its not an easy decision for any of us.

1874 Fighting Fund

Without being critical of the 1874 fighting fund, I agree with PortibelloJambo.

It's great if people volunteer physical help but all spare money should be pledged to saving the club.

I would respectfully suggest that we are helping to secure the clubs future, albeit in a different way, and regardless of who owns it.

1874 Fighting Fund

We intend to do exactly as you suggest, but will also want to avoid alienating supporters by only puting on fund raising events for the more wealthy.

1874 Fighting Fund

OK, Apologies for inferring that and I take back my comment.

In regards to the bit of bold. I wholeheartedly disagree with you, but I wish you all the best and would support a long term effort like this certainly. Good luck.

No need for any apology, and we understand that we will not persuade everyone that our intentions will be of benefit to to the Club, but hopefully that will change with time.

1874 Fighting Fund

I don't think anyone can doubt the intentions of the 1874 Fighting Fund after reading this thread. Fair play to all involved.

The timing is, at best, unfortunate given FoH have in the last few days indicated the time for pledges is now. I can't afford both, so if FoH turns out to be the only option for gaining control of Hearts, that's where my regular donations will have to go.

I'm interested to know what one off fund raising events you've got planned though?

We are always open to suggestions, and are currently looking at several ideas, the first of which we are hoping to announce shortly, so apologies but I'd rather not let the cat out the bag quite yet with it! We are also conscious of the financial strains being put on Hearts fans, and will be actively looking at ways to involve the wider community.

Fxxx the SPFL

Im sure it's been mentioned on kb before but do we pay for the use of Riccarton if so could some of any monies raised by ff be used to help with running costs etc

Jambof3tornado

Cant understand anyone not supporting this!?! Its a win/win situation for Hearts.

Good show!

1874 Fighting Fund

Im sure it's been mentioned on kb before but do we pay for the use of Riccarton if so could some of any monies raised by ff be used to help with running costs etc

There would be nothing in principle to stop us doing that, were the club to request it, but I would guess that any running costs for Riccarton will be reasonably predictable, and therefore relatively easy for the club to budget for. We suspect that Hearts may prefer to use us for any less predictable costs that may crop up..

1874 Fighting Fund

Cant understand anyone not supporting this!?! Its a win/win situation for Hearts.

Good show!

We also think that what the 1874 Fighting Fund are doing is a win/win for Hearts, but we fully understand that not everyone will necessarily agree with us, and we respect their right to make that choice.

fabienleclerq

Firstly well done, I think this is a great idea and will contribute in the future. Secondly I'm kind of with PJ1 in that I will be saving what I have to see if it helps FOH buy the club before spending elsewhere. I also can't see why anyone would criticise people wanting to raise money for the club that don't want anything in return.

While you intentions are admirable, using supporters donations to prop up the current regime will not benefit the club.

I would urge fans with spare money to donate to FOH, especially as Massone is now sniffing around again.

1874 Fighting Fund

Firstly well done, I think this is a great idea and will contribute in the future. Secondly I'm kind of with PJ1 in that I will be saving what I have to see if it helps FOH buy the club before spending elsewhere. I also can't see why anyone would criticise people wanting to raise money for the club that don't want anything in return.

As supporters ourselves, we absolutely understand that not everyone can do, financially, all that they would perhaps like to, we are no different. We do however feel that there are enough people from within and outwith the Hearts community, who could be targeted by the 1874 Fighting Fund, to allow funds to be raised to benefit HMFC.

I'll be putting any monies I can afford into the club to help sustain it. I won't put it to some side group that could decide not to donate if they don't like the owner and the direction if the club.

1874 Fighting Fund

While you intentions are admirable, using supporters donations to prop up the current regime will not benefit the club.

I would urge fans with spare money to donate to FOH, especially as Massone is now sniffing around again.

Again I would want to make it very clear that the 1874 Fighting Fund are raising money for Heart of Midlothian Football Club, as we feel that is the priority, regardless of the current, or future custodian may be. As individuals we will all have our own thoughts on these issues, but as a group, we are completely neutral.

1874 Fighting Fund

I'll be putting any monies I can afford into the club to help sustain it. I won't put it to some side group that could decide not to donate if they don't like the owner and the direction if the club.

It is an important point, so I make no apologies for repeating myself, and emphasising that any monies raised by the 1874 Fighting Fund will be used for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, regardless of who the current or future custodian of the Club may be.

super_vlad

Since this is now the second time you guys have launched, how much did you raise last time & what was the money spent on?

I ask this because as with the rangers one, you guys got yourselves in the papers etc but it turns out that the mighty rangers with their millions of fans from around the world only ever raised 800k. Most of it was spent on lawyers fees and the rest was used to pay 'rangers men' the money they were due.

I should add that I'm not against this idea of a separate fund but its not clear where the money goes and what if they never accept the money?

It is an important point, so I make no apologies for repeating myself, and emphasising that any monies raised by the 1874 Fighting Fund will be used for the benefit of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, regardless of who the current or future custodian of the Club may be.

And I make no apologies for repeating that you can choose to withhold these monies. You have been clear in saying that the monies will go to certain agreed purchases/funds/payments. Saying that means you won't just pony up cash for the club.

I don't agree with holding the club to ransom for funding, nor do I agree with telling the club what to do with fans donations. It sounds a bit like saying you get birthday money but can't spend it on bills/lager and you have to buy a present.

I don't presume to know more about Hearts' financial requirements than Hearts.

Francis Albert

Sorry if it's been covered, but is the Fighting Fund part of "united FoH"? It was an attendee at some meetings prior to it being reorganised/set up but didn't appear as a signatory of the statement by Ian Murray announcing the new organisation with a (partial) list of FoH directors.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Well I don't see how any harm can be done by this fund so you have my support, emotionally if not financially at this stage.

1874 Fighting Fund

Since this is now the second time you guys have launched, how much did you raise last time & what was the money spent on?

I ask this because as with the rangers one, you guys got yourselves in the papers etc but it turns out that the mighty rangers with their millions of fans from around the world only ever raised 800k. Most of it was spent on lawyers fees and the rest was used to pay 'rangers men' the money they were due.

I should add that I'm not against this idea of a separate fund but its not clear where the money goes and what if they never accept the money?

The 1874 Fighting Fund has raised over ?6,000 to date, the full details of which will be available on our website when it goes live in the next few days. Approximately ?5,000 of that is being spent on painting work at Tynecastle, some of which is safety critical, and for which the preparatory work has just begun today.

scott_jambo

The 1874 Fighting Fund has raised over ?6,000 to date, the full details of which will be available on our website when it goes live in the next few days. Approximately ?5,000 of that is being spent on painting work at Tynecastle, some of which is safety critical, and for which the preparatory work has just begun today.

Good effort. Very impressive.

1874 Fighting Fund

And I make no apologies for repeating that you can choose to withhold these monies. You have been clear in saying that the monies will go to certain agreed purchases/funds/payments. Saying that means you won't just pony up cash for the club.

I don't agree with holding the club to ransom for funding, nor do I agree with telling the club what to do with fans donations. It sounds a bit like saying you get birthday money but can't spend it on bills/lager and you have to buy a present.

I don't presume to know more about Hearts' financial requirements than Hearts.

1874 Fighting Fund are most definitely not "holding the club to ransom". 1874 Fighting Fund are not telling the Club what to do with funds we provide - it is exactly the opposite. Hearts come to us requesting assistance with funding for works that they have decided they want done, or that needs done, and we do what we can to meet that request.

1874 Fighting Fund

Sorry, I missed this question. The 1874 Fighting Fund was not set up in isolation, we had spoken to Hearts both informally, and formally, and while we are independent, the Club are happy and supportive of what we are trying to achieve. I cannot see why Hearts would decide they did not want to accept money from the 1874 Fighting Fund, when nothing is being asked for it in return, but were that to happen, we are committed to giving any residual monies to HYDC.

super_vlad

Sorry, I missed this question. The 1874 Fighting Fund was not set up in isolation, we had spoken to Hearts both informally, and formally, and while we are independent, the Club are happy and supportive of what we are trying to achieve. I cannot see why Hearts would decide they did not want to accept money from the 1874 Fighting Fund, when nothing is being asked for it in return, but were that to happen, we are committed to giving any residual monies to HYDC.

Thanks for both the replies.

As I say it's a good idea but having seen a similar thing put in place at rangers and seen how it was used over there is why I personally have some reservation. It's also very encouraging hearing the club give its support.

the general

Good show!

agreed some folk on here have all the attention span of a goldfish and cannot even take the time to read the Q and As properly

sometimes I despair

Archived