1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

1874 Fighting Fund

Sorry if it's been covered, but is the Fighting Fund part of "united FoH"? It was an attendee at some meetings prior to it being reorganised/set up but didn't appear as a signatory of the statement by Ian Murray announcing the new organisation with a (partial) list of FoH directors.

No - 1874 Fighting Fund is not part of "united FoH". The following is a direct lift from the Q&A's in post 3. Q - Is the 1874 Fighting Fund part of the "G10" group?

A - No we are not. We were invited to take part, and indeed did attend a meeting, but have respectfully stepped back from it for two main reasons.

i) This group are discussing options for the ownership of HMFC, our aim is to raise funds for the benefit of the Club regardless of who owns it, so it would be a clear conflict of interest were we to continue to attend meetings with the group.

ii) We currently have no members, so cannot claim to be "representing" any group of Hearts supporters. The 1874 Fighting Fund supporters will have their personal views and opinions on Hearts? situation, but with no democratic mandate, it would not be appropriate for us to have a collective position.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1874 Fighting Fund

Well I don't see how any harm can be done by this fund so you have my support, emotionally if not financially at this stage.

Thanks for your support, and we do fully understand that not all Hearts fans will be able, or willing, to contribute financially. In the eyes of the 1874 Fighting Fund that does not make them any less a Hearts fan, and if by raising funds from those who can/will contribute, we can hopefully play our small part in preserving the Club for all, now, and into the future, that can only be good.

cosanostra

Have you raised any money already?

Have you had any notes of intent from individuals / companies with serious resources that they intend to donate to you?

How much are you hoping to raise over the coming months?

I think this is a decent idea and i'm glad that you've taken the time and effort to do something. I'm curious as to how much you guys think you can raise and how much you actually will raise as it's going to take significant amounts to make much real difference IMO. The odd raffle, shirt auction and racing night are not going to make much headway into the problems that we're likely to be facing. I guess I want to know how much of a difference you think you're going to make.

1874 Fighting Fund

Thanks for both the replies.

As I say it's a good idea but having seen a similar thing put in place at rangers and seen how it was used over there is why I personally have some reservation. It's also very encouraging hearing the club give its support.

1874 Fighting Fund fully understands why some people may have some reservations, and actually look on that as a positive. Please have a read through the first three posts on this thread, which will give you some further information. Our website should be going live within a matter of days, and will include a copy of the Trust Deeds (a copy of which was supplied to Hearts for their records) and information on finances. While having to respect individuals rights to anonymity, and any issues of commercial confidentiality, we do want to be able to be as transparent as possible by putting what information we can on line for all to see.

1874 Fighting Fund

Have you raised any money already?

Have you had any notes of intent from individuals / companies with serious resources that they intend to donate to you?

How much are you hoping to raise over the coming months?

I think this is a decent idea and i'm glad that you've taken the time and effort to do something. I'm curious as to how much you guys think you can raise and how much you actually will raise as it's going to take significant amounts to make much real difference IMO. The odd raffle, shirt auction and racing night are not going to make much headway into the problems that we're likely to be facing. I guess I want to know how much of a difference you think you're going to make.

We have raised approximately ?6,000 to date, but have not yet formally "launched" the group, as we felt it more important to have all the supporting infrastructure in place first. We have not asked for, all received, any notes of intent, but most of those we have spoken to have been very supportive. In terms of targets, our aim is quite simple; 1874 Fighting Fund want to raise as much as they can to benefit Hearts. I do appreciate that may seem like something of a cop out answer, but we genuinely do not have any specific targets, just do the best we can. Obviously the amount we can raise will have a direct bearing on how much of a difference we can make, but we are keen to at least try to make a positive difference. Just today painting work to the value of approximately ?5,000 has started at Tynecastle, with materials and labour costs funded in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

cosanostra

We have raised approximately ?6,000 to date, but have not yet formally "launched" the group, as we felt it more important to have all the supporting infrastructure in place first. We have not asked for, all received, any notes of intent, but most of those we have spoken to have been very supportive. In terms of targets, our aim is quite simple; 1874 Fighting Fund want to raise as much as they can to benefit Hearts. I do appreciate that may seem like something of a cop out answer, but we genuinely do not have any specific targets, just do the best we can. Obviously the amount we can raise will have a direct bearing on how much of a difference we can make, but we are keen to at least try to make a positive difference. Just today painting work to the value of approximately ?5,000 has started at Tynecastle, with materials and labour costs funded in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

You're doing a good job and I hope you can be successful and raise enough to make a real difference.

Every little helps.

1874 Fighting Fund

You're doing a good job and I hope you can be successful and raise enough to make a real difference.

Every little helps.

Thank you, the 1874 Fighting Fund do genuinely believe that we can make a real and positive difference to Hearts.

Francis Albert

No - 1874 Fighting Fund is not part of "united FoH". The following is a direct lift from the Q&A's in post 3. Q - Is the 1874 Fighting Fund part of the "G10" group?

A - No we are not. We were invited to take part, and indeed did attend a meeting, but have respectfully stepped back from it for two main reasons.

i) This group are discussing options for the ownership of HMFC, our aim is to raise funds for the benefit of the Club regardless of who owns it, so it would be a clear conflict of interest were we to continue to attend meetings with the group.

ii) We currently have no members, so cannot claim to be "representing" any group of Hearts supporters. The 1874 Fighting Fund supporters will have their personal views and opinions on Hearts? situation, but with no democratic mandate, it would not be appropriate for us to have a collective position.

Fair enough (although G!0 isn't the same as united FoH? Or is it? So it still seemed a fair question).

Anyway I think your decision not to claim to be a representative group when you are not one is admirable.

weaversknowe jambo

Well impressed with your responses on this thread guys. Seems to me, you guys have went away, thought about what you want to do then put the structure and people in place to deliver..

Well done - I for one will be supporting your events.

1874 Fighting Fund

Fair enough (although G!0 isn't the same as united FoH? Or is it? So it still seemed a fair question).

Anyway I think your decision not to claim to be a representative group when you are not one is admirable.

Apologies, my understanding was that the "G10" formed the "united" part of unitedFOH, although its a bit academic as 1874 Fighting Fund will not be involved in either, we will just be continuing to raise funds for the Club, regardless of who the owner is.

1874 Fighting Fund

Well impressed with your responses on this thread guys. Seems to me, you guys have went away, thought about what you want to do then put the structure and people in place to deliver..

Well done - I for one will be supporting your events.

Thank you for your support, that was certainly our intention.

We are hoping to have details of our next even shortly.

I understand the point made by others re: timing and the risk of donation fatigue but equally I don't think it's the sort of project which can be put off any longer. If it's a means of potentially staving off problems relating to maintenance of the stadium or helping to avoid bills being unpaid then it can only be a good thing.

People would probably be keen to help the club with this stuff but there isn't currently a mechanism for them to ask us for that help. Now it seems there will be.

Also agree with the 'resource pooling' idea mentioned previously. The Wimbledon CEO mentioned that they have a database of volunteers and skilled fans who offer free or reduced cost services to the club and it's a great idea. We have a wide and varied set of supporters and I'm sure there aren't many trades or skills which aren't represented by us as a collective group.

Either way, best of luck. Look forward to seeing where this goes.

1874 Fighting Fund

I understand the point made by others re: timing and the risk of donation fatigue but equally I don't think it's the sort of project which can be put off any longer. If it's a means of potentially staving off problems relating to maintenance of the stadium or helping to avoid bills being unpaid then it can only be a good thing.

People would probably be keen to help the club with this stuff but there isn't currently a mechanism for them to ask us for that help. Now it seems there will be.

Also agree with the 'resource pooling' idea mentioned previously. The Wimbledon CEO mentioned that they have a database of volunteers and skilled fans who offer free or reduced cost services to the club and it's a great idea. We have a wide and varied set of supporters and I'm sure there aren't many trades or skills which aren't represented by us as a collective group.

Thank you for your support, and suggestions.

While the main aim of the 1874 Fighting Fund will be to raise money to benefit Hearts, we are taking advice about what Data Protection issues we may need to be aware of, with a view to being able to offer Hearts "resources", as well as these funds, but this is some way off yet.

oh ah grantona

The 1874 fund should be scrapped or merged into one with the foundation of Hearts, you guys could be taking money away from FOH at a time when we all need to stick together to have a Heart of Midlothian.

We should also be trying to talk to all other reported interested parties on potential buyout of the club, everybody who has expressed an interest should be contacted and we all pull together if we can, because potentially we need 25m very soon and if we have people who are prepared to bid 5m for the club we shouldnt be ruling them out because of a name we should be talking to them to see if a deal can be done.

1874 Fighting Fund

The 1874 fund should be scrapped or merged into one with the foundation of Hearts, you guys could be taking money away from FOH at a time when we all need to stick together to have a Heart of Midlothian.

We respect your opinion, but do not agree with it.

Our aim is to raise funds for HMFC, regardless of who currently owns it, or who may own it in the future.

oh ah grantona

We respect your opinion, but do not agree with it.

Our aim is to raise funds for HMFC, regardless of who currently owns it, or who may own it in the future.

Dont get me wrong great idea if we were rosy but we are far from it and all money from fans should be going A.Direct to club or B. To a fans ownership IMO

1874 Fighting Fund

Dont get me wrong great idea if we were rosy but we are far from it and all money from fans should be going A.Direct to club or B. To a fans ownership IMO

Yesterday work began on some essential maintenance work at Tynecastle, at a cost of approximately ?5,000, this is being paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

A question in my head for those fair and reasonable concerns of duplication is should we ask the Youth Development Committee to stop putting money into Hearts for fear of taking money away from FoH?

Yesterday work began on some essential maintenance work at Tynecastle, at a cost of approximately ?5,000, this is being paid for in full by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

Well done to everybody involved keep up the good work every little bit helps.

Brilliant. Well done and keep up the great work.

Charlie-Brown

1874 Fighting Fund?

Sounds like a Gorgie Sons of William whip round for bus money to away matches at Dumfries and Kilmarnock in the early 80s :)

1874 Fighting Fund

A question in my head for those fair and reasonable concerns of duplication is should we ask the Youth Development Committee to stop putting money into Hearts for fear of taking money away from FoH?

1874 Fighting Fund are well aware of the good work done by Hearts Youth Development Committee, and don't see any reason why they should not continue, but that is HYDC's decision to make.

1874 Fighting Fund

Well done to everybody involved keep up the good work every little bit helps.

Thank you for your support.

1874 Fighting Fund

Brilliant. Well done and keep up the great work.

Thank you for your support

1874 Fighting Fund

Anything that helps is fine by me. Well done guys.

I'm all for raising money for the club, but i too think that the timing of this couldn't be much worse. Unless every spare penny the fans can currently raise is aimed at FOH, there may not be a club to raise funds for.

Without having to go through all this. Does the fighting fund just want donations of money ?

1874 Fighting Fund

I'm all for raising money for the club, but i too think that the timing of this couldn't be much worse. Unless every spare penny the fans can currently raise is aimed at FOH, there may not be a club to raise funds for.

1874 Fighting Fund position is that we will raise funds to assist the Club, regardless of who does own it, or who may own it in the future. Individual fans may not agree with this position and we respect their right to their opinion, but 1874 Fighting Fund feel the priority should be the Club, not its custodian.

1874 Fighting Fund

Without having to go through all this. Does the fighting fund just want donations of money ?

The first three posts on this thread may give you a clearer idea of what the 1874 Fighting Fund is about, and while we will be more than happy to accept donations (details of how to donate are given in these opening posts) we expect our fund raising to be primarily through a series of events specifically for that purpose. we are hoping to be in a position to announce details of the next event within a week or so.

Bowmans_Boot

This type of superb support is easily lost in a thread with a lot of negativity. Well done and thank you all for your excellent work :)

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing news of future events. Hopefully these events can help to galvanise the support in these challenging times. A bit of light relief if you will. :pleased:

1874 Fighting Fund

This type of superb support is easily lost in a thread with a lot of negativity. Well done and thank you all for your excellent work :)

1874 Fighting Fund

Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing news of future events. Hopefully these events can help to galvanise the support in these challenging times. A bit of light relief if you will. :pleased:

We certainly hope people will enjoy any events we organise, as it makes raising funds so much easier for all concerned.

Maple Leaf

We certainly hope people will enjoy any events we organise, as it makes raising funds so much easier for all concerned.

Good luck with everything you do.

And well done for the way this thread has been handled. You've answered all the questions promptly and thoroughly. :thumbsup:

1874 Fighting Fund

Good luck with everything you do.

And well done for the way this thread has been handled. You've answered all the questions promptly and thoroughly. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your good wishes.

Thank you also for allowing us the opportunity to use Jambos Kickback to answer questions, it's very much appreciated by the 1874 Fighting Fund.

This is a great point re the volunteer/professional perspective. The input from fans who do not wish to be in the spotlight, could be invaluable.

1874 Fighting Fund

This is a great point re the volunteer/professional perspective. The input from fans who do not wish to be in the spotlight, could be invaluable.

1874 Fighting Fund's priority will continue to be to raise money for the benefit of HMFC, but this idea is one that we are currently actively exploring.

blondejamtart

Are the 1874 Fighting Fund Facebook and Twitter accounts likely to be up and running soon?

1874 Fighting Fund

Are the 1874 Fighting Fund Facebook and Twitter accounts likely to be up and running soon?

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The 1874 Fighting Fund Website will be first to go live, then after we are confident that it is running smoothly, the Twitter and Facebook accounts will follow. We do not have specific dates for these yet, as we felt it more important to do it correctly,rather than rush something out in an attempt to meet what would be an arbitrary timetable.

cosanostra

Has the club finished repainting the old stand yet?

Any new projects involving the Fighting Fund on the horizon yet?

Chris Benoit

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The 1874 Fighting Fund Website will be first to go live, then after we are confident that it is running smoothly, the Twitter and Facebook accounts will follow. We do not have specific dates for these yet, as we felt it more important to do it correctly,rather than rush something out in an attempt to meet what would be an arbitrary timetable.

Look forward to seeing it when it goes up and well done on all the work you guys have done so far. Wasn't convinced to start with but this thread has certainly helped get me on side and I'm sure it's the same for quite a few others.

1874 Fighting Fund

Has the club finished repainting the old stand yet?

Any new projects involving the Fighting Fund on the horizon yet?

The work that Hearts asked for assistance with, and that the 1874 Fighting Fund have paid for in full, is still ongoing. I am hoping to receive some pictures shortly, which I will upload onto this thread.

The painting work has cost the 1874 Fighting Fund approximately ?5,000, and we are currently working to organise a couple of events to raise more funds, to allow us to help Hearts by paying for future projects.

1874 Fighting Fund

Look forward to seeing it when it goes up and well done on all the work you guys have done so far. Wasn't convinced to start with but this thread has certainly helped get me on side and I'm sure it's the same for quite a few others.

The first three posts on this thread give some background information on the 1874 Fighting Fund.

That may help convince you that we are here for the right reasons, and for the long term.

GlasgoJambo

There are a lot of posts on here which are completely missing the point of the Fighting Fund.

Irrespective of who owns the club things still need done and paid for. While other bodies wrangle for control and long term future of the club the day to day running of Hearts FC has to continue. For example:

Health and Safety decree that all broken seats at Tynie need to be fixed by a certain time and at a cost of ?3,500. It may not be top of the current ownership's to-do-list and it's certainly not FoH's role or ability to pay this but this kind of scenario is something the Fighting Fund could assist with by utilising funds and potentially bodies.

This may sound trivial in the grand scheme of things at present but who knows what other costs are round the corner this summer and to have a centralised donating fund in the interest of Hearts the football club - not who owns it - is common sense, admirable and possibly imperative to short term survival.

To me the Fighting Fund is a way of helping this great club to survive and meet it's functional and financial requirements - particularly important at this time while the long term future is separately dealt with.

There are a lot of posts on here which are completely missing the point of the Fighting Fund.

Irrespective of who owns the club things still need done and paid for. While other bodies wrangle for control and long term future of the club the day to day running of Hearts FC has to continue. For example:

Health and Safety decree that all broken seats at Tynie need to be fixed by a certain time and at a cost of ?3,500. It may not be top of the current ownership's to-do-list and it's certainly not FoH's role or ability to pay this but this kind of scenario is something the Fighting Fund could assist with by utilising funds and potentially bodies.

This may sound trivial in the grand scheme of things at present but who knows what other costs are round the corner this summer and to have a centralised donating fund in the interest of Hearts the football club - not who owns it - is common sense, admirable and possibly imperative to short term survival.

To me the Fighting Fund is a way of helping this great club to survive and meet it's functional and financial requirements - particularly important at this time while the long term future is separately dealt with.

well said

1874 Fighting Fund

Archived